A Dark Secret

By Jadewing47

In my other fanfiction site, I wrote a 'Wally abused fanfic' called A Dark Secret. I decided to write it here... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Dear Reader,

Chapter 8

1K 32 0
By Jadewing47

I could feel the cold ground, uncomfortable, yet relaxing at the same time. I could tell I was laying on my back, and I did a quick response check, wiggling my toes, fingers, hands, arms, and legs. Satisfied that I had no injuries and was not restrained, I focused on my main question, where was I? Then it all came back. Someone had deliberately knocked me unconscious. But why? Was I at the right house? I'm sure I am, I triple checked before transporting from the zeta-tube. Maybe this was Wally's idea of a funny prank? No, Wally pranks, but not this far. Maybe they were Wally's neighbors? Well, if so I should warn Wally he has very evil neighbors...Wait...Wally! He was the whole reason I came here anyway. The thought that my best friend, my brother, could be in danger made my blood run cold. I forced myself to open my suddenly very heavy eyelids and become face-to-face with...

Darkness. Searing darkness. I willed my eyes to adjust to the dark, which only took a couple of seconds because Batman had trained me to adjust to difficult conditions easily, and realized that the reason the room was so damn cold was that I was in a basement. A rather large one too. There was open space where I was laying, now sitting, and past that was rows and rows of shelves, lined with all sorts of things, candles, flashlights, medical kits, blankets, a pile of rocks, batteries, and more medical stuff. It looked like Wally's private lair. Maybe it was.

I looked around, seeing nothing rather dangerous, I walked around the room, feeling the walls for something, anything to get me out of here, wherever here was. There was no light switch, rather, no light switch that I could find, which was odd considering the fact that this was a basement, and dark, and someplace a regular human being would want a light switch for. But then again regular human beings don't go around knocking out random kids that show up at their doorstep and lock them in large basements. Also, I had no matches for the candles and found all battery boxes to be empty. Woo hoo, no light for me.

Finally, I found what I was looking for, a door. I tested the handle, it was a pull handle. I grabbed it and pulled. The door didn't budge. I re-adjusted my hold on the door and pulled, still nothing. I re-adjusted my hold for a second time, this time throwing all my weight against it and yanking back. Nothing. Then I heard a small noise and a voice.

"I-it doesn't w-work Dick. I t-tried already. They l-l-locked us in from o-outside."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 3K 33
Warning mention abuse. PLEASE READ the first note of this book. It's very important, it gives warning of what you will be reading. ~ ~ ~ ~ Dove use...
169K 8.1K 55
(Completed) After his parents' tragic death, eight-year-old Dick Grayson was unfairly sent to a juvenile detention center. Rather than waiting for a...
93.5K 1.9K 11
HE IS AGED UP TO 16+ This is a complete book of all of the current Damian Wayne x Reader fics on my Tumblr account. Some requests and some of my own...
9K 231 15
"It wasn't like I was trying to be bad. The mental scars from the harsh words blurred in my mind, and I couldn't let them know of the physical ones e...