Forever My Alpha

By Pandasloveromance2

This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell i... More

Prologue
Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Epilogue

7

1.8K 70 15
By Pandasloveromance2

The little spunky women took off after that for the festival leaving me with Elijah alone to ponder what the hell just happened. She had said some sort of bond was now connection us wondering what the hell that meant as we stared at each other un-moving for what felt like hours but was just minutes.

"What type of bond is she talking about?" I questioned crossing my arms as he snaked his hand threw he's hair.

"Your guess is as good as mine." He retorted seeing his eyes shift around the room feeling he was lying.

"I can feel the anxiety rolling off you Elijah don't lie." I clipped out as he looked me over unsure of my meaning.

"Well I can feel how pissed you are right now and I'm afraid any second your going to leave me again." He said honestly seeing it in his eyes by how much my leaving had effected him. A sharp pain shooting threw me that want my own.

I really looked at him now seeing his tired eyes, almost a defeated look to them and on verge of despair if I were to walk out that door right now. I felt regret for being so angry for what he did feeling I might have over reacted a little. But it still did not help now having someone else doing the same, even if it was by force and not in the moment like Elijah had. But I had no fear he would do anything like that to me always feeling safe around him among other things.

Slowly I walked up to him to rest my head over his heart that picked up speed then relaxed as he wrapped his arms around me. It was the type of embrace to show that I was here with him and to take his fear away. But this time his hold felt different then before, more closer then a physical level. I could feel emotions now touching him that I knew weren't my own being of relief and joy.

"I can sense we can feel each others emotions now." I said as he slowly nodded his head into my hair.

"It seems that way." He smiled feeling it against my neck and the happiness that had bubbled into my heart.

Slowly he pulled back grasping a cloth on the coffee table wiping my neck of the oils as he looked at it now bare. "There is no mark now or anything. It's healed completely." He breathed softly in relief brushing my hair more over my shoulder to inspect it closer. The moment his fingers touched my skin it was like a jolt of pleasure that he felt as well pulling his hand from me quickly.

"This is going to make things a lot more complicating between us." I sighed as he looked to my eyes.

"Why." He asked as I blushed biting my lip, seeing his eyes spark with desire instantly understanding what I meant as he took a big step back.

"You will feel all my emotions and right now with you they are always all over the place." I breathed as he grinned broadly, crossing his arms.

"Or on just one thing in particular." He said cockily feeling the lust now threw my body even more with his heated gaze.

"Elijah!" I scolded as he just smiled.

"You started it!" He teased as I rolled my eyes crossing my arms as well.

"Yes but you don't have to finish it and I mean in both ways." I said quickly already feeling the retort that line back obviously feeling him want to explore this new bond that was between us.

"No your first time should be special." He breathed as I felt my face go on fire by how he was talking about my virginity.

"Elijah! We are not having this discussion right now or ever!" I yelled mortified by the comment but secretly happy that he saw it that way as I started to walk out of the house not wanting to stand in the place another second.

"It's not like there would be much talking anyways." He said following me as I groaned.

"Don't push your luck right now with me Elijah." I scolded turning to him with a glare.

"What did he do this time?" Lucy said coming up from behind me as I turned to see her in a cute blue dress with little bow wedges.

"Nothing." I clipped out glaring to him with a warning to not breath a word as he just grinned putting his hand in his pockets.

"Oh... Okay then. Well. I signed you up for the archery computation. Your in round four. Will you need a bow?" She asked as I nodded my head only for Elijah to smile saying he had one I could use.

"I see you and Alpha have made up and the love bite is gone as well." Kara said from beside me now sitting at one of the many table watching some of the archers hit there marks after having Elijah fetch one of his bows for me.

"Again it's complicated and thankfully yes. no hickey anymore." I breathed looking to the bow that look old but taken care of with gold finishing's having been glossed a few times over the years.

"I could imagen how complicating your relationship is." She teased as I grunted right as Lucas took a seat next to me with a broad smile.

"Hello lovely, fancy seeing you here. Are you in the competition?" His eyes looking to my hands as I picked up the bow pulling on the string getting used to its tension.

"Ya I'm up next." I said as he grinned looking over to another table as I followed his line of sight.

"Have fun against Marcus. He's won for the last five years straight when Alpha stopped doing the competition." He explained looking to Lucas with a sneer.

"Is there nothing the man can do!?" I said in disbelief looking heaven ward for any sigh of something that the man couldn't do.

"Well I'll let you know when I find out." He said cheekily as I looked back to the guy Marcus that looked quite scary from his dark brown eyes and ripped abs that made him look like a fucking bull.

"Serene your up." Lucy said coming back to our table as I stood up grasping the bows handle and the arrows I would use. I followed Lucy seeing Elijah over the competition as his eyes found mine with a smile feeling excitement with me apart of the game.

"Hi I'm Marcus." The large man said coming to my side holding out his hand for me as I took it smiling to his straight face.

"Serene." I said giving him a firm hand shake that he was giving me wondering if it was a way of him feeling me out not wanting to appear weak to the large man and thinking this would be easy for him.

"Aw a face to the name finally. But I won't go easy on you just because your Alpha's female." He said pulling his hand from mine looking over me as if to size me up.

"I would hope not seeing I'm my own person and should be treated the same as anyone else. And anyways I like to win fair and square." I said sternly seeing him crack a smile then looked over to Elijah that nodded his head as if they had a silent conversation then back to me.

"Then I won't hold back." He replied picking up his bow that looked like mine but was black and silver markings with arrows just the same but the tips were black shinning like they were made of stone.

"Just remember you said that muscle man." I grinned as he shook his head in laughter.

"Alright you get six shots, Marcus is first being winner of last match. Sirenna you will go directly after." Elijah explained coming up to us then turned pointing to the field. "There are target scattered around the field. Each one represents a scale point. The farther target you hit the high point value. You get six shots and will add them up when both of you have gone. Highest score wins and moves to next round." He explained as I looked to the targets seeing many of them that I could hit easily.

Stepping back Marcus took his place fluidly setting his arrow and aiming. He was powerful that was for sure pulling the bow taught then letting go as the arrow soared to its marks imbedding deep into the target. In six shots he had hit only one of them at a target that was only the second furthest out of all of them. I could see the one that was alone in the back having a feeling not many could reach it in less you had the right angle. It was my turn next as he gave me a cocky good luck as I smiled taking my place.

"You do know how to do this right?" Elijah said coming up behind me as I smiled to him over my shoulder raising the bow having pulled the arrow in the string already.

"You know why I'm good at pool?" I asked already knowing he didn't as he shook his head putting on a large grin. "Its all about physics." I said letting the string go as the arrow soared into the air down to its mark next to Marcus arrow in the second to last target.

"You got to be shitting me!" I heard Marcus yell as I took four more shoots hitting many of the ones in the back when I turned to Elijah.

"So if I bet Marcus then who will I play next?" I said cheekily as Elijah raised his brows to that.

"If you hit the last target in back you'll play against me." He said deeply feeling his excitement at the challenge as I nodded setting my aim high and closed my eyes.

I listened to the trees hearing the breeze and feeling the light wind against my form. I concentrated figuring the right force and angle to make it back to the target opening my eyes back adjusting and letting the arrow fly. Everyone seemed to go silent as they all waited in anticipation watching my arrow go high in the sky then came falling back down picking up speed hitting its mark deep in the target far in back dead center. Cheers roared around me as I smiled as the girls enveloped me in hug's with Marcus standing shocked that he had lost no doubt.

Let's just say again I did not beat Elijah. I was unable to hit that last target a second time loosing with him hitting it three of his shots. He was excited though after telling him the pie I made for the winner was my family recipe. Now he was expecting me to make the pie for him every week telling him that would be impossible being as the ingredients were a seasonal thing.

The rest of the festival was fun hanging out with the girls looking at all the little trinkets the people made. I had even picked out dream catcher earrings Elijah saying they were on him. I put them in right away loving them immediately. At the end of the night the girls came home with me having a sleep over apparently talking about Penelope's ceremony that was after Halloween. They asked if I could maybe get them dresses having told them I would be going back to the city for a party. I told them I had the perfect person to get them what they wanted knowing Marlene would love to have an excuse for shopping. They also wanted details of this party happy to tell them when I got back.

The wolf surprisingly did not come that night seeing him only the next day after I got back from my shift at the grill. It seemed now I would only see him at night and when I was at work Elijah would come by for the excuse that he could not cook wondering what he had done before.

"You should let me take you out." Elijah suddenly said as I was wiping down the bar now almost closing with him still here as I stopped, smiling.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I teased as he leaned forward with a grin.

"Yes I'm asking you out on a date." He said nervously teasing him as I thought about it waiting a long time to answer as I giggled feeling anticipation on my answer raise every second.

"What would we be doing on this date?" I questioned seeing if he had already thought of something.

"Taking you on a drive more into the mountains. The scenery make for a beautiful drive with fields and a few lakes on the road. There's a diner we can stop at before coming back." He explained thinking it would be fun to see more then just this mountain for a change.

"When should I be ready." I ask sounding like this would be a full day on the road.

"In the morning. Bring a bathing suit too." He smiled getting up to lean over the bar kissing me on the cheek quickly and then was off.

Now after what Elizabeth did seeming to have said we now had a bond together it was more apparent every time we touched. Before it was a very soft tingling sensation I would always feel but now it was like a current of live electricity. We hadn't kissed on the lips yet but I had a feeling when we did would be hard to stop. I was already having more feeling for Elijah beyond the physical now actually talking when he came to the grill these last few days. Learning we had a good amount in common and had similar interest.

Finishing up with the girls I headed home excited for tomorrow. The wolf was waiting on my porch happily. For the last few days I have felt closer to the wolf as well seemingly being around each other for months now. I picked out what I would wear hooping into the shower and readying for bed with the wolf at the foot on the floor. In the morning though he was gone not hearing him leave earlier then usual.

"You ready?" Elijah asked at my door as I grabbing my bag with a towel and other things I might need.

"All set." I said pushing my sunglasses on seeing the weather today was warm for fall with a red flowing blouse and blue jeans shorts paired with my boots not sure were we would go to swim wanting to be prepared heading to his truck.

He opened the door for me letting me hoop in myself shutting it once in. He started up the truck with a smile grasping the wheel as the other rested on the arm rest. He turned on the road passing the grill and down the mountain. He was right, it was very beautiful seeing all the fall colours of trees and fields of wheat I never knew was up here. Never venturing out from around the cabin. We drove with the radio on hearing the country music he was so fond of growing on me already by how catchy many of them were. We talked about ourselves about what we liked and disliked until he pulled off the road onto dirt.

A little ways into the bush opening up to a crystal clear lake. The sun high now as he backed up his truck. Getting out as he lowered the tail gate seeing he was prepared with drinks and snacks with even a floating chair and foam noodles.

"Do you have a pool or something?" I asked as we pulled the stuff out setting up everything.

"No but we have lake party's a lot in summer so we have a lot of stuff for the water." He explained setting up an umbrella seeing how much thought he had put into this.

"I still can't believe how many people live up there. Do you guys ever see wolves?" I asked seeing him stall in folding out a chair seeming to think about it before replying.

"We have a lot of wolves they just keep to themselves." He explained grabbing a beer from the chest sitting down as I did the same.

"Oh well I have this one wolf that hangs around my cabin. But he's really nice and is great company when it's just me." I explained quickly before he would probable freak knowing most would think me crazy but he just smile to that taking a sip of his bottle.

"Great company you say? I bet he's very friendly to you." He retorted looking to me with a smile I couldn't understand.

"I'm just a very loveable person." I said standing back up throwing a grin over my shoulder to him.

"You got that right." He replied pulling me across his lap with a gasp as he rested a hand on my hip capturing my chin with his other. "How could you not be when your so beautifully kind." He whispered against my lips looking into my eyes deeply seeing there intensity as if he was looking to my soul.

"You mister are just trying to butter me up now having me all alone to yourself." I smiled cheekily pulling back a little seeing him look offend playfully.

"I am doing no such thing little lady." He bantered back as I got up from his lap pulling off my shirt then unbuttoning my shorts revealing my white bikini with a very wide eyed Elijah seeing the green darken with lust over my form.

"Are you going to stare all day or join me. This time I'm fully covered... for the most part." I added as he grinned standing up pulling off his shirt now having me admire that sculpted chest of his.

"You were saying." He teased as my eyes went to his very amused ones walking back into the surprisingly warm water.

"You know I have no idea how old you even are." I asked as he followed me into the water till I was fully submerged still seeing how clear that water was all the way to the bottom.

"Too old to know better then be with someone so young." He retorted dryly but with a teasing smile as I splashed him.

"That doesn't answer my question. And I'm eighteen not that young being mature for my age obviously." I said seeing him titled him head to that.

"I'm twenty-eight and can see how mature you are." He teased as I splashed him again.

"Ten years is a lot but you don't look it much." I thought looking over his features guessing more like twenty-three at most to me.

"I'm glad you think so." He smiled knowingly following me more into the water as I turned to swim seeing the lake floor with rocks and a few fish underneath us.

"The water is so clear like glass. Do you come here to fish ever?" I mused seeing good amount of cat fish, trout, and some pretty silver coloured ones.

"Sometimes when the lake is full but for the most part I like to swim out here. There are a lot of crystals on the bottom floor too if you want to see then." He said as I got excited over seeing the stones.

We swam more out till I looked down under us to see clusters of white and purple crystals swimming down to the bottom up close. It was a truly different experience too look up threw the water to the high sun. The crystals glittering around me by the rays that broke threw the surface making it look magical. We kicked around looking at the different formations wondering why they were here. I wouldn't think it was normal for crystals to grow out down here but it was proof how mother nature could create the most beautiful things.

After much needed air I went back down wanting to grab a crystal for Arabella knowing she loved them finding a smaller one that fit in my hand. Lifting it up another crystal was underneath that was just as red as my pendant picking it up swimming back to the top.

"I found a red one." I said showing him as he took it bring it up to the sun.

"Its a rare crystal to find." He said handing it back as we swam to shore.

The rest of the time we drank lounging on the flouting chair soaking up the sun. It was nice just to relax not worrying about drifting away having Elijah tie a rope to a rock at the bottom. There was a light breeze as he sat in the water keeping small talk about random things.

"So what's this ceremony that the girls are talking about. Is Penelope getting married or something?" I asked as he brought his arms to rest on the chair beside me.

"Whenever someone comes to live with us we have a ceremony to welcome them." He explained thinking that was sweet for them to do to make them feel welcomed.

"That's nice of you guys to do that. So all of you are a close community." I questioned seeing how everyone called him by his nick name and would stop to chat about anything during the festival.

"We all rely on each other to live how we do. Each of us have a job to keep our community as it is." He smiled seeing how he was happy with this way of life out here and close to the people that helped make it possible for them to live on the land.

"Do you ever go into the city?" I asked turning more towards him seeing his curious eyes.

"On accusations when I have too. But not very often. Do you like living in the city?" He asked already understand the question as I smiled to him teasingly.

"Well there's this guy that lives out here and I'm thinking if this relationship is worth perusing... then I might just stay out here full term." I said watching his face brighten by that.

"I should really find out who this guy is and tell him to be more persuasive in keeping you here." He replied playfully as I shook my head at that.

"And how do you propose for him to be more persuasive to your cause?" I said softly seeing his eyes already darkening by my tone

"By doing this." He said leaning toward me and then flipped me into the water.

"Elijah!" I yelled coming back out of the water to see him laughing as I swam over to him grasping his shoulder to attempted and push him under but did nothing seeing he was standing while I weighed nothing compared to him.

I didn't really think it threw jumping on him basically pressing my breast to his face. Before I could move he wrapped his arms around me laughing. "Were you attempting to drown me?" He said amused feeling his chest vibrate against my stomach.

"Obviously that isn't happening." I replied dryly as he looked up to my eyes with laughter knowing himself that I was not strong enough to get him under.

"Obviously because it worked out in my favor now having you in my clutches." He said dramatically as I squirmed in his arms unable to take the sensation of his breath against my chest making me feel as hot as the sun above.

"If your going to tease me then just let me go." I said seeing his eyes spark with amusement loving this obviously.

"No." He said simple then dropped me lower suddenly forcing my legs to wrap around him from falling as I snake my arms around his neck.

"No?" I question seeing his green eyes go darker.

"Not when I have you where I want you." He said huskily tightening his arms around me lowering my head to his.

If I thought kissing him the last time was toe curling this was better by drastic margins. I felt like our lips were one current of energy feeding off each other. I could feel him walking out of the water then moments later set on what felt like the back of his truck as his hands grasp my hips possessively. I had never felt so turned on in this moments moving my tongue over his as he groaned with pleasure. One of his hands snaked into my hair pressing me impossibly closer to him.

"We are going to have to stop." He said breaking the kiss panting from how heavy that was.

"But what if I don't want to." I whispered into his ear then kissed his neck that had him gasp my hips tightly feeling the heat radiate off them as I moved closer to his body feeling how hard he was.

"Sirenna." He groaned into my neck his breath coming in harsh breaths trying to stay in control. I could feel my body light on fire when he said my name huskily wanting to hear it in a moan. He was making me feel things I never thought could happen inside. Wanting more and all of him right now.

"I want you Elijah." I said softly then suddenly he was gone several steps away from me feeling cold without his warmth now.

"Not here or like this Sirenna." He said gruffly never seeing his eyes such a dark green as if they were black. His hands at his side's were balled tight, his muscles rippling under his skin as if controlling himself from taking hold of me, keeping himself in check.

"Oh." I said feeling as if a bucket of water was dropped on me. Realization of where I was clicked in but also disappointment. I couldn't believe I had just said that. I couldn't even believe how bad I wanted it to in that moment. But I honestly did want him more than anyone I could imagen.

"The bond makes you feel thing more intense then before. I don't want you to regret it later." He explained coming closer as he cupped my cheek.

"I get it." I said softly now feeling as if I had done something wrong. I understood his reasoning but I also felt in adequate all of a sudden for him.

I knew it was too soon to just jumping into bed (more like tail gate) with him, but still. I did want Elijah so bad with every fiber of my being. But by how fast he ripped away from me. Maybe he didn't feel the same about me. Yes he stopped himself but was it for more reason then just me? Did I really want him to be my first time? I didn't know, maybe he was right and I was only feeling this because of this bond.

"Sirenna." He sighed as I jumped out of his arms to the ground.

"We should get going. It's getting late and it's a long way back." I said quickly already picking up my cloths and putting them on.

He just nodded his head helping put everything away. The ride back was silent. We stopped at the diner making small talk but now I felt nervous around him. I had so much on my mind now wondering if my feelings for him were real or just making of this bond thing with him. Another question was if he felt more for me like I was starting to feel for him. I was completely attracted to him more then just looks. Yes he was older but I never felt the age difference until right now.

Was I being foolish and going to fast into this. I knew I was but for some reason I didn't care. But he might not feel the same way. After getting the mark removed everything has been different between us. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or bad though. Another question going threw my mind was did he want this bond to begin with or was he having seconds thoughts?

***

I could feel her disappointment.

I know what she wanted but I wasn't prepare for the connection that I had felt from kissing her. If I thought before was hard to keep in control. This was something all together different. And then she had said it. Yes I wanted that with her but I didn't want her to regret it later. I wasn't sure if she was feeling these emotions just because of our new bond or if there were the makings of her own. I didn't want this to happen like this.

It almost felt like the bond was the only thing driving us and our emotions. Yes I had strong feelings for Sirenna but I didn't know if she felt the same way. I didn't want her to wake up one day and say everything she felt was not of her own emotions. I never understood the mate bond but I would think it played a big roll in wanting you to do things you normally wouldn't. I wanted her to be sure of what she wanted. Not in the heat of desire and lust.

"I'm sorry about earlier." I said softy walking up to her door as she turned to me with a sad expression.

"No it's okay. I'm glad you stopped." She replied with a small smile I could feel was forced.

"We should talk about this Sirenna." I knew we should before this went any farther for us but she seemed to have other thoughts in mind.

"Honestly I don't know what to say. But for now I feel we should not see each other till I figure things out." She said as my heart stilled grasping the door handle.

Before she could go I grasped her arm stopping her. "Please don't leave me. Lets just talk about this." I pleaded but she couldn't even look at me shaking her head.

"I need to sort out my feelings for you and see if this bond is the only thing that is making me feel more then I really should. I've never felt like this and I'm confused Elijah. Just give me a few days." She said as she pulled out of my gasp and into the house with a click of the door.

Why did the universe work against me!

Right when I'm happy it's taken away in a snap of a finger. Furious I walked to the truck and threw it in drive flooring it out of her gravel drive. I made it just to the road getting out of my truck and mind-linking Marcus to retrieve it as I shifted running threw the forest. The thunder of my paws hitting the earth hard seemed to be the only thing keeping me grounded.

Why me goddess! I roared angrily scaring the birds in the trees as they took flight. Now she was unsure of being with me. She was confused. I understood but it felt like she was thinking this was to much. I could understand but we could have at least talked about it. Worked this out for what we had, but she was scared. This bond was to much for her. I ran for hours till my bones ached crumbling to the ground. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't going to give up on this. But I felt like this was a loosing battle. I slept on the hard ground wallowing in my thoughts till morning. There was one thing I could do that would help Sirenna and fix what I had started ultimately.

"I want you to remove the bond." I said to Elizabeth as she was mixing herbs in her store looking to me wide eyed.

"I gave you what you wanted." She breathed as I glared at her.

"I didn't want it to be forced upon her if I even knew it was possible! I don't want her to think that her feelings are just because of the bond." I roared as she picked back up mixing while she spoke.

"Well it wasn't force I can tell you that. She accepted it Elijah or it wouldn't have happened." She claimed getting up with the bowl and walking past me as I followed.

"What if she didn't want to be with me?" I asked as she poured the content into a glass vile.

"Then it would have faded away already." She explained.

"What do you mean fade away?" I asked confused never hearing a bond fading other then when rejected.

"If she doesn't want to be with you then when you see her you would know by not sharing the connection with her." She retorted.

"How?" I asked as she moved around her stored putting up the new viles in place.

"Well the bond heightens emotions and make you feel things when you touch them when normally you wouldn't." She clarified as I nodded my head to that. If she really did not want to be with me the tingling sensation would not be present anymore. "Why do you want the bond gone Elijah. I though you loved the girl." She said as I looked up to her use of words.

"We were in the heat of the moment and I stopped almost marking her again. Now she's unsure of us because of this connection to me. If she doesn't want to be with me anymore I don't what her to feel stuck to me for life." I explained looking to the floor.

"Oh Elijah give her a few days, she will come around. She loves you and now you can mark her because your blood is mixed with hers. It wont be like how the other bit was. If she want you and you her then mark her." Elizabeth said patting my shoulder tenderly.

"How do you know that it won't hurt her? She's human how would that even work? What if she doesn't love me and l do mark her." I declared as I thought about marking her but never thought of her loving me back. I will admit I was scared of falling in love with Sirenna and this feeling as if any second apart of me would be gone if she decide not to stay. But it was to late knowing I had fallen in love with her probably the moment we had kissed the first time.

"If you two didn't have such strong emotions for each other to begin with then you would have never been bounded together in the first place. Remember a bond can never formed in less there is something it can build upon tightening it like osmium Elijah." She stated as I thought about that. "And now that I mixed your blood together she should be able to heal quickly too. So it is safe to mark her if she wants it." She further explained opening even more possibility's to my already heightened mind.

After she pushed me out the door telling me to give her space to think. I did just that not even going to her in my wolf. Not wanting to complicate her feelings even more. It seemed I couldn't get anything right with her. The moment things were good between us something happened.

I just set to work on the many things that need to be done. The take over of the new company was finished already picking up good with the new tools and equipment. Penelope's ceremony to be linked into the pack was on its way and the pack hunt afterwards as tradition. It was a full week of work getting ready to leave for a business trip to the city, meeting with several people and hoping to get the pipeline started. Going to bed feeling restless once again.

"Why so tense?" Marcus asked as we were wrestling in the pin few of the other training boys watching for our technique in the early morning crispy air.

"A lot on my mind." I clipped out as he dove for my legs but dogged it turning to jab him in the side as he rolled from another punch standing back facing me fist raised.

"Or just one on your mind." He grinned seeming to have grown a liking to Sirenna having beaten him at archery getting his respect for her skill.

"It's complicated." I retorted going after him this time for his torso getting him in the shoulder from his failed block but didn't notice his other fist landing a punch to my stomach.

"Everything about this will always be complicated Alpha. Is it even worth perusing?" He asked turning around the pin then did a leg kick that was to slow, grasping his ankle and spinning him to the ground.

"It is to me. You don't understand." I grunted landing on top of his back taking his neck in a arm bar.

"I do being rejected which I feel may happen to you." He breathed using his legs stand and throw me off his back as his hands pride my arm off.

"That's why I'm waiting for the right time to tell her." I growled grasping his punch in my hand.

"Tell me what?" I turned to Sirenna's voice seeing her leaning on the pins wood fence seeing Marcus try to take a punch grasping the other before it made contact with my face.

"That would have been a sucker punch." I said turning to see him with a cheeky smile.

"You can't blame me for trying." He shrugged ripping has fist from my grip taking a relax stance.

"Boys well pick up later. Take a ten minute break then find a partner to spare with." I said as all the boys walked away with Marcus grinning.

"She seems to not realize I'm even here shamefully checking you out." He whispered patting my back then walking over to Sirenna saying something to her that had her blush as I grasped my towel wiping my face walking over to her throwing it around my neck.

"What are you guys training for a war or something?" She said smiling as I climbed over the fence while she stepped back for me.

"Maybe." I replied seeing her eyeing my bare chest that had me grinning, then looked back up to my eyes seeming to like the sight.

"Well I came up here to tell you I'm leaving today and don't know when I'll be back. I just didn't want you to think I disappeared." She said coyly as I stepped towards her grasping her hip seeing her in tight jeans and a button up white blouse that was looking see thru in the morning sun.

"I'll let your wolf friend know your gone for you." I smiled seeing as her eyes widened then smiled.

"If you know him that would be great." She said as I chuckled.

"Don't worry he got the message." I replied as she bit her lip in thought.

"Elijah I haven't made a decision yet. I just want to be sure of what I want. I never been with anyone in a relationship and never opened myself up to anybody as much as I have with you... I'm just a little scared with everything that's going on in my life... I just want one thing to be certain of and that is being with you." She explained as I cupped her cheek feeling the tingles still as I smiled.

"That's all I can hope for." I said brushing her cheek with my thumb by the corner of her lips.

Nervously she bit them stepping back heading for her car and was gone. I told Marcus on the things that need to be done while I was gone too and to find out what was going on with Ellis. All my other man had came back from the other packs already on lock down of the mountain. I was hesitant to leave but had no choice.

With Sirenna gone I just hope she would see what we have together is different than anything she'll ever know. I was unsure of what she was thinking but I was thankful to still feel the connection. She still wanted to be with me. I just wanted for her to at least talk to me and hope we could talk this out together. It was her decision but I was going to do anything I could, whatever it takes for her to see that she is the only one for me.

***

"You got to be kidding me Marlene!" I yelled glaring at the dress she had made for tonight looking to the mirror in horror.

"What?" She said popping her head into the large changing room. Now understanding why for the last week I was her wouldn't let me see or know what my dress looked like.

"Its practically skin tight! It's a gala not a strip club Marlene!" I clipped out turning to her seething.

"But you need to make a fierce statement to everyone that your confident and assured of yourself. No longer a little girl but a very beautiful independent women." She explained looking over the dress.

It was a beautiful dress don't get me wrong, made of the finest red satin that was curve hugging. The front had a plunge of fabric forming around my breast showing skin in-between. The back was no different going over my shoulders down to rest just below my lower back, dangerously daring but elegant at the same time. The only real problem was the high slit in the front of the dress showing my now tan long legs as the dress fabric flowed to the sides when walking with a little of the fabric touching the floor and gliding behind me.

"Marlene." I breathed with a hand on my hip while the other was pinching the bridge of my nose. "I fear your point is going to be misconstrued." I breathed annoyed should have trusted my gut and not have let her design my dress.

"Well we don't have time to get another now do we. Just put on the black pumps and come out so we can do your hair and make up." She explained pointing to the shoes that were Satan to me sliding them on surprised that they were actually comfortable.

I walked out to have my hair done in large curls down my back with one side clipped up with a bat. How ironic she had dress me to be a vampire having a make up artist applying a glossy red lipstick with black eyeshadow tinted with gold flakes that made my blue eyes pop. Thankfully they didn't do any foundation feeling it would be to much for me. Marlene then handed me black chandelier earrings with three blood red tear drop stones on each matching my choker perfectly.

"Now your going to knock the socks off of all our investors and maybe snag a few new ones." She sung turning in her emerald fish tail dress that had a full front but a plunging back like mine.

"Lets just get this over with." I growled careful of the newly painted red gloss polish not having the time to wait for it to dry on my now pointed nails like small claws.

We headed down to the front of her house into the awaiting limo. It was just a thirty minute drive to the hotel that the gala was held at being a popular venue for all A list party's like these for the wealthy business people. Getting out as cameras flashed wanting to know who I was next to Marlene always having her be the one to represent Starling Inc. We head inside already grasping a champagne glass downing it in seconds.

"If it isn't Ms. Starling in the flesh." One of my investors smiled having been with us sense my father began.

"Yes it is I, I am now fully in the business world slowly taking over my company now." I stated as the old man smiled broadly.

"I'm glad to hear. Ms. Marlene it's always a pleasure to see you." Turning to her at my side always wondering why the two were never together seeming to hit it off famously at these events together.

"And the same for you always." She smiled coyly taking his arm as he dragged her to the dance floor.

Slowly I mingled around the room seeing a few that I knew as they introduced me to the few I did not. The place was a splash of colour with women wearing elegant dresses, may I note not as scandalous as mine. The men all in suits but with a twist for character one even having a hook.

"My dear Ms. Starling it is so good to see a beautiful little bird in a crowd of crows." One of my father's good friends said turning to see his broad smile.

"Will this beautiful bird is wondering when that city license will be approved Mr. Brighton." I smiled, up to date with all my projects knowing he was behind on one of mine.

"Always business and no pleasure." He smiled seeing he had hints of dressing as a guard of sorts from history with a sword on his hip for show.

"Oh but I do take pleasure in business." I replied teasingly as he laughed.

"I will make sure to have it finished tomorrow my dear. I would not like to sour that beautiful face of yours." He retorted as I patted his chest sweetly.

"There are only the few that can sour this face." I replied as he took my hand putting it in the crook of his arm.

"I fear we maybe be on the same level with that comment." He said never having liked Richard as well always having felt he was a snake slithering his way into anything that smelt of power.

"Is he here?" I asked turning to him as his face said it all.

"My dear I wish to tell you he wasn't but that I can not do. He is already trying to dip his nose into everyone's business." He said patting my hand on his arm as he pulled me to the dance floor. noticing something familiar as it finally click once he turned his head slightly. Now I knew where I've seen that mark before on Penelope it was the same with him.

"Mr. Brighton I have an odd question." As always we took up our pose having him take me on the dance for being the few that actually knew how to use ones feet.

"Whatever it is please ask away." He smiled down to me as we turned around the floor.

"The mark on your neck? Is it a birthmark or was it done by someone?" Glancing to the red and flesh colored twisted oak tree with birds seeming to be flying around it peacefully.

"My and I partner both have complementing marks. We both got them when we... Got married. It was done by us." He said carefully seeming to be an intimate memory as his eyes started to glaze over in thought.

"Oh, how very personal of you. It is quite amazing to see someone else have the same coloring of mark as you that I meet on the mountain. Even in the same place too." Noticing it right above the shoulder on the neck right in the same place Elijah and Richard almost bit me.

"There are actually quite a few people you know and at your company that have the same. You were so you young when you were around the lot of us to noticed." He explained knowing that was true now still not interacting with very many people in person and more over the phone. My thoughts going back to Richard as he was the reason I didn't freely walk the building in fears of finding myself alone with him again.

"I hope Richard hasn't talked to Wolfcastle yet. I am supposed to see him tonight and would very much not like him to even have a word for a second with him." I explained as he turned me around the floor gracefully.

"I believe he has not arrived yet but when he does I could bring him to you. He's sorta a friend of mine." He said confused on what that entailed. Nodding my head in thanks.

"Sorta?" Finishing the dance as we walked off.

"He is one of those men you meet but never really friends. He's a reserved man, strictly business. You two would get on famously if only he was more in age with you." He retorted with a smirk as I looked to him dryly.

"Thanks for the comparisons. Please do find me when he arrives for I have no idea who this Wolfcastle looks like." I clarified looking to the room hoping Richard was not near by then turned back to Mr. Brighton.

"I already figured that." He retorted as I glared to him playfully then was off.

Marlene then showed back up pulling me to a large group of man already into the discussion of a marine exploit by one of them. The conversation turned with many topics many of the man intrigued by me obviously twenty to thirty years my senior. But they seemed to enjoy a young mind able to keep up with conversation to the ever changing topic.

"Why don't you change over exports and use direct shipping threw carriers to sea. Air can leave restriction while sea has more value to ship in time." I added as the men nodded taking a sip of my champagne with a smile.

"Mr. Brighton I see Marlene is keeping you company now." I smiled sliding out to the two coming around to me as the gentlemen said there good bye's hoping to be seen again at these events.

"She's not the only one." A deep voice said from behind me feeling the shivers of awareness go down my spine as his warm hand touched my lower back sliding over my hip with those tingling pleasurable sensations taking over my body.

"Elijah what are you doing here?" I asked breathlessly as his chest brushing my bare skin feeling his warmth seeing Marlene and Mr. Brighton staring at us wide eyed as Brighton answered that question.

"That's Wolfcastle." He said confused as my mind shot up to that going rigid looking over my shoulder up to Elijah in a devastating black suit perfectly pressed but his hair still untamed making him look even more devastatingly handsome.

"The real question I have is what your doing here." He said eyeing me up and down seeing his deep green eyes take me in like I was a dessert he wanted a bite of.

"Mr. Wolfcastle this is Mrs. Sirenna Starling the owner of Starling inc." Marlene explained watching now as his eyes widened in shock.

"What your?" We said in unison seeing Marlene and Mr. Brighton take several steps back and were gone.

"Well it seemed we are going to have to talk now." He said with a grin as I glared at him.

"Business only not about us." I declared looking to the crowd then to him seeing his lips tighten at that suddenly the hand on my hip spinning me fully to press against him with a gasp.

"Brighton wasn't kidding when your all business." He said capturing my eyes, a teasing glint to them with a smirk pulling at a corner of his lips.

"My age dictates I need to be just that here. I'm just coming out taking on my company. No one knows my name or my work ethic so I need to be careful for anyone listening." I said placing my hand on his chest to pushing him away only for him to grasp it pulling me to the dance floor in one fluid movement.

"Well, everyone will tonight seeing as I'm with you." He retorted cockily spinning me out then pulled me back into his chest taking a dance pose.

"Do you even know how to dance?" Seeing as he took my hand lifting it to his shoulder while the other raised my other hand into the air with his taking my waist and settling his hand just below the middle of my back directly on my now hot skin. Waiting in the perfect pose for the band to start.

"The basics." He said once the music started moving me back following his graceful lead.

"So that land you have. Have you made a decision on working something out together or selling." I started seeing as the reason I was here was only for business and to meet him apparently.

"No business, you left me this morning to still think over your decision about us." He said seriously unsure of what to say now seeing him before me looking like this.

It was more so daunting that he was Wolfcastle. How small this world really is finding him here and being my rival. Seeing him this morning put it in to perspective of how god like a man he was with that rugged look but now here dressed in a black suit was beyond mouth watering. But a new fear had crept up on me. What if I wasn't enough for him. Our age gap put a strain on the relationship, him wanting someone more his years. I didn't want to start a relationship with him and for it to not work out. I was already falling in love with the man and I didn't even know when it had happened.

Just seeing him this morning brought a smile to my face with an added bounce of him shirtless. The man was fit and it showed how much strength he really had fighting that Marcus guy. He looked like a body builder but Elijah seemed to hold more power of him inside those tight muscles of his. But now before me in his arms I felt small. Insignificant compared to this powerful man knowing now who he was. I didn't know if I could measure up to the women he might want being inexperienced and uncertain with were I was in my life right now.

"What are you thinking about. By your expression it doesn't look good." He said snapping me out of my thoughts seeing that the dance was at its close wondering how I had not stepped on his feet without paying attention.

"Um I have to go." I said pulling from his arms quickly as I took off to the side of the ballroom and out a door but I didn't get any farther from him grasping my arms turning me to him.

"Your not running from me this time Sirenna." He said grasping my hip tightly feeling it's warmth that I wanted to melt into but I was to scared of admitting my feelings for him and he not feel the same.

"I'm scared Elijah. I thought I could look past the age difference but now. I feel like I will not be enough for you and inexperienced in everything when it comes to a relationship." I said softly looking down to the floor, then warm fingers of tingles lifting up my chin to those devastatingly beautifully green eyes.

"Sirenna, you are everything I want. We have our own inexperience's but that doesn't make you any less. If anything it make me feel that what we will share will be all new together. Do not think for a second that my feelings for you are any less then this morning. Remember I want to only be a risk never a mistake and being with you could never be a mistake because you have now become my world." He breathed gazing into his eye to see every word he was say was true with the feeling of love filling my heart from him. Grasping his hand as I leaned into it for reassurance. Wanting his words to be true in hopes that this feeling with him would never end. Wanting every ounce of a fairytale love I had imagined night after night. Feeling I had found the one that could truly love me.

"I want to be with you with all my heart. But I'm afraid I might not be enough." Pulling from his touch turning away from him to get some distance but fell short seeing Richard before me with a dark smile petrified me in my place.

"Well, well, well. My darling Sirenna don't you look quite fetching tonight." He said deeply eyeing me up and down feeling disgust by the action and fear from the last encounter we had.

"Richard." I chocked Elijah seeming to feel my fear snaking his hand around me possessively pulling me into his chest.

"Fancy I should find you with the biggest wolf of all. Is this who you've been with? Is he the one you let mark you Sirenna?" He said seeing the anger in his eyes going rigid.

Suddenly Elijah growled, feeling it in the depths of his chest leaning towards my ear. "Sirenna do you know who this is?" He asked never thinking they would ever meet already sensing Elijah's anger radiating off him.

"His a partner of my company. He was my father's best friend but... all he wants now is my father's legacy for himself." I said softly turning to look at his green eyes that looked livid.

"He's the one that bite you isn't he." He stated already knowing the answer as he turned to look over my shoulder at Richard with a murderous glare that had the audacity to smile at.

"Yes I bite her because she is to be mine." He declared as I felt Elijah become tight around me unsure of what was going on.

"Are you a complete idiot." Elijah seethed as Richard growled.

"This has nothing to do with you. You know nothing!" He growled as Elijah slowly turned a dark smiled on his face.

Slowly he raised his hand to my hair moving it out of the way showing my neck clearly now. "You have no claim on her anymore or ever." He said coolly opposite to the dark aura that he was giving off that felt murderous.

"Sirenna is mine! She will be claimed by me!" Richard yelled as I looked over my shoulder to him.

"Don't you dare come any closer. Or I will rip you to shreds where you stand." Elijah all about roared as Richard came a few feet before us. Seeming to take that threat seriously stilling instantly.

"I am not yours or ever will be Richard." I clipped out seeing his eyes turn with an emotion I thought he could never possess.

"Sirenna over time you'll see that you are mine. This excuse for a wolf will never give you what I can." He said tenderly wondering if Elijah did know him by that statement.

"I don't need anything more but him." I said turning to look into his eyes cupping his cheek tenderly. "All I could ever want is right before me." I smiled as Elijah expression broke out in joy with the largest smile I had ever seen that was devastating to my heart, skipping a beat.

"Sirenna you don't know what your talking about or even who he is! I well never let him claim you! You are only mine!" Richard yelled starting to sound frantic at the prospects of being marked by Elijah still not understanding why a love bit meant so much to these man and claiming me with it apparently.

"Sirenna are you sure about this." He said softly as I nodded my head. "If you want this I will claim you. It isn't the same as the other mark I left. You won't be able to go back. Once your mine I'll never let you go." He breathed seeing the promise in his eyes as my heart bursted with happiness by the declaration of being his.

"Sirenna there will be consequences!" Richard roared his threat going unheard by how happy I felt right now as Elijah cupped my cheek looking over me lovingly.

"Then never let me go." I breathed as he looked up to Richard seeming to stand there as if any moment I would turn to him. But I would never as Elijah's eyes came to me filled with so much love I knew this was who I was meant to be with.

"Do you trust me." Elijah asked suddenly, without hesitation nodding my head seeing him slowly leaning towards my neck. "My I mark you now then." He whispered as I smiled giving him better access as my answer. My body seeming to know what to do tilting my head slightly as his warm breath hit my skin as anticipation coursed threw my vein for the pain that would come but didn't care wanting to be with this man with every fiber of my being.

"I Alpha Elijah Wolfcastle claim Sirenna Starling as my mate." He said deeply then without warning his teeth locked on to my neck freezing by the action as his teeth broke the skin sinking into my flesh waiting for pain but instead felt pleasurable warmth. Gripping onto him tightly as several sensations and emotions hit me like a tidal wave. A moment later feeling his teeth leave my skin letting go as his tongue licked over it feeling it tingle more then before as if my body was grasping out to connect to something new I couldn't understand, even more that he had actually just bitten me. "Did it hurt you. I was as gentle as I could." He said waiting for the pain but felt only warmth and a new sensation that made me feel different. Feel whole in a way I never knew I was missing.

I couldn't explain it as I looked to his tender green eyes seeing the admiration in there depths. "No pain oddly." I admitted biting my lips with a blush as we heard growling from behind me turning to see Richard eyes black as night baring his teeth at us like a rapid dog startled by how inhuman they looked in long sharp like fangs.

"You will pay for what you have done crimson wolf. Your claim will never hold! She will be mine during the next challenge, mark my words." He said darkly then stormed off as I turned to Elijah scared of what he would do now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 189 26
Running. Escaping. My whole life had turned into a never-ending chase. A chase which the opponent had caught up to THIS VERY MOMENT. After I met HI...
33.4K 1.8K 52
Cold seeps into my bones as I wander the dark forest before me; the frigid air from the mountains enveloping me in a tight, chilling grip. Shadows da...
289K 13.4K 65
I marked her and I didn't even know her name.-- Going to her best friend's wedding in a forest lodge, Caroline can't help but feel like she's been th...
219 6 14
"What the hell are you?" I screamed. The more I scooted away towards the darkness, the more their eyes glowed. I hyperventilated as they grew nearer...