Rise of the Brave Tangled Dra...

By Thecalendar15

[COMPLETE] There was once 4 powerful kingdoms in the universe. Burgess, Dun'broch, Corona, and Berk where fou... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
1: MY PAST
2: THE BEGINNING
3: MY DESTINY
4: WINTER AT DUN'BROCH
5: THE WITCH'S MESSAGE
6: THE WORLD AROUND ME
7: MY ENEMY
8: THE PRINCESSES
9: WINTER AT CORONA
10: THE SIGNS
11: SNOW TIME
12: WINTER AT BERK
13: THE DREAM
14: THE HINT
15: THE MAN IN MOON'S MESSAGE
16: YETI ATTACK (The Encounter)
17 : AT NORTH POLE?
18: MANNY'S WORD
19: THE PLAN
20: THE INTERACTION
21: THE START
22: THE STORY
23: THE HAPPENING
24: HIS RETURN
25: THE POWER
26: THE SECRET
27: THE PLAY
28: THE TEAM
29: THE ENEMIES
30: THE UNEXPECTED
31: LOCKED UP
32: SHE'S BACK
33: THE QUESTION
35: THE DARKNESS INSIDE
36: THE WAR
37: THE CIRCUMSTANCES
38: THE FALL
39: THE END OF LINE
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

34: HER WORDS

415 27 5
By Thecalendar15

Merida

After going after Dun'broch and Corona, now they're at Berk. Will they ever stop this war they're making? Hundreds and thousands of people are affected in each kingdom. Surely, no. They won't. It's Pitch Black we are talking about, oh and Gothel.

The wind caresses me as I rode with Toothless and Hiccup. We just left Corona after getting some supplies from the Queen's order. Some weapons and food stock that will keep us alive for days of travelling.

We also heard that armies from Dun'broch and Corona will travel to Berk to form their alliances, maybe; hopefully it will turn out great.

Rapunzel is sleeping peacefully in Jack's arm, thinking she's going to leave her kingdom again. Jack just stared in front, focusing onto where ever we will go.

"They're going to each of the kingdoms. And we'll end up following them, leaving us baits." I tried to talk to keep myself awake, preventing my eyes to doze off. I can feel my grip started to loosen unto Hiccup's waist.

"It's not just that one, Mer." The vibrations from his back signalled me that he's paying attention to what I just said as I laid my head on it.

"What do ya mean?"

"They pay a visit to each kingdom to earn what they needed. Once they spread chaos, everyone will feel terrified and scared. That's what they're after to, fear, which makes them stronger."

I do not have the urge and strength to answer back. I'd let everything sink in and just nodded myself slowly. I think he felt my gesture and just gave out a deep sigh.

"Hiccup's right, Curly." I looked at Jack who is currently carrying Rapunzel with her hair flowing with the wind. "After they'll do everything they want, they will be confronting us. So, expect they will be getting stronger and stronger anytime soon."

"A tough work, eh, Frosty?"

"Just getting used to it."

He smiled, revealing his white teeth and checked up on Rapunzel, staring at her for a couple of seconds and gazing in front after.

I breathed deeply and a smile creeps in my lips. Only if Rapunzel could see everything Jack is doing for her. I'll be jumping out with joy.

****

I woke up with a faint sound of laughter near me. My back began to ache as the coldness from the ground struck inside me. I blink my eyes for a couple of times and found myself lying with a blanket wrapped around.

"Shh! She'll hear you!"

I got up and went outside; just realizing I am sleeping inside a cave. The bonfire that welcomed me made me warm just by looking at it.

"Good riddance, Princess! Congratulations, you just woken up." Jack teasingly joked. I just stared at him and passed through, joining with Hiccup beside him.

"I'd never thought a Princess like you would snore like that when sleeping." He said once again that made me look at him longer than ever.

"Oh, Jack! You wee lass!"

"Calm down, Curly! Hiccup is the one who's watching you sleep, not me."

I got a hold of myself and just gave them a stare. Wait—What?

"W-What, me? I—uh, just checking out if you're blanket is in place. That's all. It's cold you know, you're shivering." Hiccup answered and avoided my gaze. I did not even realize I've been out of my thoughts suddenly.

"Uhm, I—thanks." I'm not really sure if I'm asking him a question or a statement. I sat down on a rotten log and enjoyed myself with the heat coming from the fire.

"So," I initiated to ask as this awkward situation started to eat me alive. "How long do we still need to travel before getting to Berk?"

"Maybe, one or two hours more. Uhm, yeah." Hiccup nodded making his almond hair to follow but after that, he fixed it instantly.

Why is it so peaceful? I'm not used to it. Jack went somewhere for a while leaving us two behind that made it more difficult to bear with. I just have to stay quiet and all.

What will happen if we'll reach Berk? Disastrous and full of darkness. The memories began to creep up inside my head reminiscing the very first time I saw it with my bare eyes.

"Merida."

Maybe, worse. They've got stronger than that of before. There are things we may not know of and that will bring us down. Will they?

"Mer."

I was back to my senses when those brown eyes of Hiccup stared at me.

"Hey, Hic."

"You're talking to yourself."

"Really? Never got hold of it."

"Tell me."

I was startled for a while. I can't seem to find any answers, leaving me speechless. What is happening to me? This doesn't normally happen, especially, in this kind of situation.

"No need, Hiccup. I'll just let myself with it."

"Just tell me, Mer." His eyes darted mine which made me quiver in my location. This is the first time I saw this side of him. Intimidated. To the extent that I cannot answer back because of, well... I don't know.

It took me time to answer and it looks like, he never removed his stares at me.

"Okay. Okay!" I gave in. "I'm afraid of what may happen. Of what will welcome us at Berk and—and, I hate myself being a coward. Afraid and terrified."

He then laughed softly which made me look at him for some time. I got irritated at some point.

"Why are ya laughing you wee lass? Ya making fun of me?!"

"No."

"Then what?" My thick Scottish accent finally settled in.

"It's okay, Mer. It's okay to be afraid sometimes. Just like me, I'm more terrified than you thought I would be." He smiled and gave me a soothing look that relaxed me quietly.

Is it really okay? Sure, it is. Everyone feels it. Everyone.

And at that exact moment, Jack arrived with lots of woods in hand. Keeping the fire going that will keep us alive from the cold. Though, the cold never bothered him anyway.

Just a couple of minutes passed a scream from someone made us all jerk.

"No, no!"

We all exchanged stares and just before Hiccup and I about to stand up, Jack vastly flew inside the cave with a gush of wind following him.

"Hey, hey. Punzie." As we saw inside, Jack tried to wake up Rapunzel from her slumber sleeping. We can clearly hear her rapid breathing as she was afraid of something—or someone.

"It's okay." His voice echoed throughout the cave.

Rapunzel opened her eyes and showed those emeralds of hers.

"A n-nightmare." She answered, stuttering. We supported her to stand up and got out of the cave.

Hiccup and I are left behind them, arguing to what happened to her lately. A nightmare. It looks like they're not going to shut it out, even in her dreams; they are spreading of who-knows-what.

"They're getting stronger." Hiccup mumbled which is still audible for me.

This is what we're afraid of. If we only can remove this fear inside us but it doesn't work that way. No, it will not.

I sighed deeply, "I know."

We waited and waited for hours as the sun shone up, telling us it's day. Perfect for travelling. We buckled up and regain our strength by eating the food we have back in Corona. I guess, this is enough.

We flew off again. Now, it's becoming our routine to travel from one place to another which is adventurous for me. Hiccup scanned through his compass with his right hand and the other is holding Toothless' belt.

I, on the other hand, satisfied myself with the breath taking view I'm seeing. And Rapunzel feels the same way too as she smiled widely while holding unto Jack's sweater.

"Thirty minutes more and we'll arrive soon." Hiccup finally said which made me uneasy. Made us all uneasy.

We're ready for this. Yes? Or maybe, not.

It felt like we are flying forever with no stopping or even resting for a while. We need to get there before we're too late. Before we'll regret everything. Also, for Hiccup.

I began to close my eyes but was interrupted by a loud bang that made Toothless stirred on the opposite direction, but, luckily Hiccup helped him to get back on his comfortable position.

"What was that?" Jack questioned with curiosity painted in his face.

"Welcome to Berk." As to what Hiccup said, visible tint of fire surrounded the kingdom with white smoke rising from not afar from us. Group of dragons covered the sky like a large swirling black hole, making Berk dark with no hint of light in it.

Just like I imagined it would be.

And there he is the black sand that trails around him everywhere he goes. Pitch. The one who started all this chaos and misery. Collecting fear to each and every being he sees and passes through.

Another loud bang echoed throughout Berk and because of the impact it made, the ground below started to shake slightly.

We continued to move and was bombarded of what we're seeing right now. Hiccup gave out several sighs and deep breathes which is unusual of him.

"It's gonna be okay, Hic. We're here." I tried to make him feel better but that wouldn't do much. I know half of what I said is a lie. We have no assurance of what may happen or will happen.

He nodded slowly as an answer.

Just only a span of time, an arrow travelled on our location coming from below. It passed through my shoulder, leaving a wound in my skin as the tip of the arrow targeted my dress, opening it up.

I hissed in pain as I felt the tingling sensation started to creep up.

"Merida. You got hit!" His voice showed concerned and nervousness at the same time.

"I'm fine; it's just a s-small cut."

It was not only a stray arrow from nowhere. It's intentional. We moved attentively as we saw incoming arrows lighted up the sky, waiting for us to be hit. Nervousness pumped inside our body, making us alert and to move fast, but still we're afraid of what our fate will be after these.

After all of these.

"Watch out!" Jack used his staff as a defence.

"Where the heck they're coming from?!" I managed to ask even though it's impossible to find who it was from this incredible height we are now.

"Go down! No one can follow us if we'll stay on ground!" As Hiccup commanded, we all flew down, with the trees where no one will easily spot us. We stumbled through branches but reached the ground safely.

I winced because of the pain I'm feeling. It's just a small wound, Merida. Not that you can die because of it.

"Mer!" Rapunzel jogged towards me with a worried face. "Let me see it."

"No Punzie. It's no big deal."

"You're bleeding."

"It's okay."

"No, it's not. You're in pain."

I stayed quietly because she's correct. It's painful even though it's just a small scraped wound.

"Please."

I finally gave in to her. Her eyes showed it all, those emerald orbs of her never fails to show her true emotions and feelings.

"Okay. Okay." I removed my quiver and just lend my shoulder to her. She grasps it lightly and started to wrap the ends of her hair around it. Jack and Hiccup was just silently watching us.

She sang the whole healing incantation soft and solemnly. Her hair started to glow brightly and fades after when she's done. She unwraps her hair on my shoulder and it felt... okay. Like nothing ever happened.

"Mer." She whispered, only I can hear it. She stared into my soul with her big green eyes.

"I'm afraid, this will be the last time I'll ever heal you again. Please be careful."

****

Author's Note:

Ooohhh. Wonder what would that be? Hmm...

By the way, thank you very much for the reads and votes! I appreciate it sooo much :)

Stay tune xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 1.1K 30
There were once four kingdoms, each representing one element, Fire, Water, Earth and Air. The Eldest Heirs are brought together in the hope that they...
5.5K 260 38
The story begins with the light inside your heart. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I just want to be one of you guys," A failed viking who wants to fit in his...
10.7K 440 27
Jack Frost has gone. Exactly fifty years after the Guardians' showdown with the shadow manipulating Pitch Black, the Winter Spirit has disappeared. ...
9.2K 455 34
COMPLETE [MODERN AU] Pitch had taken his long running vengeance into action. Locking them in cages. Drowning them with fear. Impurity. Hatred. They w...