Stranger Not So Danger

By rosegolden_

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... More

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 22 ~ Only You
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings
New Book!

Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay

3.3K 104 9
By rosegolden_

Lindsey's POV:

I only remember waking up in a hospital.

And Jake came to see me.

I don't remember our conversation completely, since I was on medication. I really pray that I didn't say anything too stupid.

A part of me was actually hoping he would come and visit me. I've missed talking to him. I miss just being with him.

"Oh good Miss Grey, you're up. You get to go home today." I heard a voice say from the corner.

There was a nurse dressed in blue scrubs and had her short blonde hair tied into a ponytail.

"Okay, thank you." I said with a small smile.

She typed a few things onto the keyboard before exiting the room.

A few minutes after she left, my brother came into the room.

"Hey munch, how ya' feelin?" he said before sitting in the chair parallel to my bed.

"Good I guess. Sorry you had to come to town for me." I apologized.

"Don't worry about it. As long as you're okay, that's all that matters."

I stayed quiet for a moment.

"He'll be at home when we leave here." he said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Jake. He'll be at our house when we get there." he explained.

"But..how..?" I stuttered.

"Lindsey, I'm your brother. I've known you for how many years."

"But I told you we were fighting?" I said, coming out as more of a question.

"Yes, but I saw him Linds. He came to visit you. And when he went home, he asked me if he could do anything or bring something for you."

My face reddened at the thoughts of Jake doing all these things.

"He's a good guy, Linds. He just messed up. Everyone does that sometimes."

"Thanks, Aaron." I said sincerely.

"No prob, munch."

"Oh, and I did threaten him so you're welcome." he added with a smile before walking out of the room.

"Dummy." I muttered to myself.

Until I heard a, "Hey! I heard that!" echo through the hallway on the other side of my door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Have a good day Ms. Grey." the lady at the reception said as I made my way out on crutches.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile, and walked out of the two automatic sliding doors of the hospital.

Aaron helped me into the car, and I sat in the front seat, so I would have more room for my leg to rest.

"Do you want to go get something to eat before we go home?" my dad asked from the driver's seat.

"Sure," I responded.

"Okay, where do you wanna eat?"

"I don't really know. You can choose." I replied.  "I'm gonna take a nap, wake me up when we get there please." I said.

"Okay," he said, as I closed my eyes to rest.

When I woke up, we were pulling into the Sushi King parking lot.

I smiled because my parents knew this was my favorite place to eat.

"Thanks mom." I said when she helped me out of the car and handed my crutches to me.

I slowly made my way into the restaurant and we waited for our booth to be ready.

When the lady ushered us to our booth, I followed closely behind mom and dad, while Aaron guided me from behind.

"Okay Linds, order whatever you want. We're celebrating your release." my mom said.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile.

"Let's eat!" Aaron said a little louder than needed.

I laughed and then began to tell the waitress my order.

~~~~

"Thanks mom and dad, the food was delicious." I told my parents, my mom sitting next to me and my dad sitting opposite of Aaron, who was next to me.

"You're welcome, honey. We're gonna eat desert at home, if you don't mind." my mom told us.

"Yea, that's fine." I said.

While waiting for the waitress to come back with our check, I pulled out my phone to pass the time.

Then, I felt a pain shoot on my leg.

"Ow!" I exclaimed.

"What happened? Are you okay?" my dad asked excitedly.

"Yea, I'm fine." I said, my face scrunched.

"Aaron, what the heck! You just can't stop yourself from kicking your feet under the table. Even when we were small kids." I huffed.

"Aaron, apologize now." my mom scolded.

"Sorry munch, I didn't mean to kick you." he said, trying to hide a smile. But I could see a smirk coming through.

He may have kicked me by accident, but his apology might not have been as sincere.

By the time I was done shooting him a death glare, our check was paid for.

"Ready to go?" my dad asked.

I nodded and Aaron helped me get my crutches and head back to the car.

The car ride to our house was quiet, all of us on our phones, except for my dad, who was driving.

We finally reached home, which made me happy.

I finally got to be in the comfort of my own home instead of being stuck in a hospital bed the entire day.

It was Friday, so I could rest for a little while before having to go to school on Monday.

I got out of the car and crutched myself slowly up the driveway to the front door.

My dad unlocked it and pushed it open for me to walk in.

My two best friends and some of my cousins were in the living room, under a sign that said: Welcome Home Lindsey!

"Aw, thanks guys." I said.

"Sorry hon, but Leia and Karra insisted on having at least something small to welcome you back home." my mom said.

I saw Karra sitting right next to Chris on the couch, and Leia was holding Jordan's hand on the couch opposite.

All four of them got up and walked towards me.

"I'm so happy you're out of the hospital!" Karra exclaimed.

"Yea, it sucked not having you at school with us." Leia added.

"Thanks guys. I don't like hospitals that much anyways." I said with a small chuckle.

"Sorry, we tried to get him to come." Chris interrupted my thoughts.

"Hmm? Sorry, I kind of dozed off." I apologized.

"You're looking for him." Leia stated.

"It's okay guys, I'm okay if he doesn't come. It's his choice."

They nodded.

"Okay, well we're gonna go get some desert." Jordan said.

"Okay, I'll go get some in a little bit." I said.

"Lindsey, come say hi to your aunt and uncle." my mom told me.

"Okay," I said, going to them.

We talked for a few minutes until the doorbell rang.

"I'll go get it. Sorry, it was nice talking to you." I told my aunt and uncle as I made my way slowly but surely to the door.

Not even looking up to see who it was, I started talking.

"You should've came a little earlier, I bet the ice cream's all gone..." I looked up.

And I froze.

"Hi Lindsey."

Jake.

A/N:

He showed up! Are you guys happy or mad at him?

I'm soooo sorry I didn't update for two weeks, I've been really busy with school. But, now I'm back! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
191K 5.6K 26
I, Skylar was accidentally sent to a Hot Boys Camp I mean ALL BOYS CAMP . At first I hated it but then I met the boys in my Cabin. They were the sex...
1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
56K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...