A Beautiful Paradox (COMPLETE)

By kitkatdimples

[Ming x Kit] This is a story of two young men who are in love. A true love that surpasses everything that co... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 7

5.9K 349 94
By kitkatdimples

Kit had no idea how he ended up where he was now. If possible, he would go back in time just to stop this catastrophe from happening. Which currently involved him sitting in the hospital room with a smiling Ming. Just the two of them. All alone. This was so awkward! Kit seriously needed to come up with some kind of excuse to get out of this room and away from Ming's sight as soon as possible.

It had all started when Beam burst into Kit's apartment, boisterously demanding that Kit get his ass out of the bed and start getting himself ready to go. Ready to go where, Kit grumpily asked Beam as he tried to swat away Beam's hands that were roughly pulling him out of the blankets and shoving him into the bathroom. To go see Ming, Beam replied nonchalantly. Kit had to pause for a minute in order to fully comprehend Beam's words. And when the words finally clicked in his brain, Kit just stopped and stared in disbelief at Beam. Who was putting on such an unknowing expression that Kit was at a loss of words, feeling for a moment that he was the one in the wrong.

"Why am I going to see Ming?" Kit eventually asked, as he glared at Beam.

The LAST thing Kit wanted to do was go visit Ming. In fact, Kit would strongly prefer not to create any type of situation that involved him and Ming seeing each other or interacting in any what way. Beam glared back at Kit, shaking his head and clearly showing his huge displeasure with Kit.

"Unless you want your stupid plan to fail MISERABLY, do what I say," Beam ordered.

It had already been a couple of weeks since Ming had been in the hospital, and during that time, Pha, Beam, and Forth had all visited Ming at least once. According to Beam, it was just outright suspicious if Kit was the only one who didn't go see Ming. Especially when Kit had "bawled out his eyes like a baby" (as directly quoted by Beam) when Ming woke up.

"I did NOT bawl out my eyes like a baby!" Kit furiously denied, attempting to smack Beam for his horrific choice of words.

"Okay, okay, whatever you want to tell yourself at night to sleep, but that's not the point!" Beam (slightly) surrendered, as he tried to avoid Kit's quite painful punches. "Ming keeps asking about you, okay?" he added.

"What?" Kit faltered, one of his punches halting mid-air.

"Ming asked about you. More than once. He's clearly wondering why you're the only one in the group who hasn't come to see him," Beam explained.

Although Kit was, admittedly, very hot-tempered and argumentative, he could also be very easily persuaded. And to Kit's dismay, Beam's logic actually made sense. Yo said that he had introduced the four of them as friends that Ming met during his years in college, and it would indeed be strange if Kit was the only one of the four who did not go check up on Ming.

But when was Beam so enthusiastic about making sure Kit's "stupid" plan worked out successfully? Kit peered at Beam suspiciously. You're the one who wanted me to help out, Beam huffed, looking a bit offended.

Still, Kit hesitated. He wasn't quite ready yet to actually meet Ming and talk to him face-to-face. But upon Beam's insistence, he ultimately decided to go only if Beam was there, right by his side the whole time. Beam nodded his head, reassuring Kit that he wouldn't leave Kit's side even for a second during the entire visit, and he pushed a still doubtful Kit into his car.

And Beam had kept true to his word. At first. The two of them walked into the hospital, with Beam holding a basket of fruit that he insisted on buying on the way there. Kit was gaining a tiny bit of confidence with Beam beside him, thinking that this reunion with Ming might not be too disastrous. But just when they got off the elevator on the floor of Ming's room, Beam suddenly got a call from Forth. Who seemed to have some issues with his motorcycle and needed Beam to come pick him up. ASAP. Beam, seemingly annoyed at Forth's demand but worried all the same, agreed to go that very instant.

I'll go with you! Kit desperately pleaded as he clung on to Beam's arm. Beam just patted Kit on the shoulder and dumped the fruit basket into Kit's arms, telling Kit that since they were already in the hospital, Kit might as well just go in by himself. And he hastily assured a speechless Kit that he would come back as soon as he can. Right when Kit was about to voice his disapproval, Yo, who had just stepped out of Ming's room, coincidentally ran into Beam and Kit.

"Kit! Beam!" Yo excitedly exclaimed, looking extremely happy to see the two seniors.

Yo explained to Kit and Beam that he needed to run a quick errand right now and that it would be great if the two of them could keep Ming company while he was out. Wonderful! Kit was just about to go in, Beam happily volunteered Kit (without his permission). And before Kit could refuse, the two pushed and shoved Kit down the hallway and into the room.

"Ming, look who's here to see you?" Beam sang cheerfully.

"Kit offered to keep you company while we take care of some business. We'll be back soon!" Yo chimed in.

And with that, the two promptly left the room, shutting the door close before Kit could stop them.

"Hi! Feel free to sit in the chair," Ming welcomed Kit, who was still standing awkwardly and staring at the closed door in panic.

Jumping a little at the sound of Ming's voice, Kit hesitantly looked back at Ming, who was smiling brightly at Kit. Kit froze. This was so not happening right now. His mind went blank.

"Kit, right? Thanks for keeping me company. I'm slowly losing my mind staying here by myself so I truly appreciate your company," Ming said, with a friendly grin.

Act natural, Kit, NATURAL! Now was really not the time to have a mental breakdown. Forcing his unyielding legs to walk over, Kit carefully seated himself in front of Ming. He dared another look at Ming and even in the midst of all his shock, he noticed that Ming looked a lot better than when he last saw him. Which was a huge relief and eased some of the worry that Kit had developed over the past couple of weeks.

"How much longer do you have to stay in the hospital?" Kit asked, trying to start out a casual conversation.

"A few more days," Ming replied. "But then I'll need about a month of bed rest until I fully recover."

Upon saying his last statement, Ming scrunched up his face in displeasure, and Kit couldn't suppress a small smile at that.

"Be glad that it wasn't any worse," Kit gently scolded him. "The doctor said it was a miracle that you got out of that accident in one piece."

"Yup, definitely," Ming acknowledged. "I'm very thankful for that."

Ming then paused for a second with a hesitant expression on his face, as if he was wondering whether he should proceed with his next statement. Making up his mind, he cautiously added, "Hey, I'm sorry that I worried you. I remember, you know. When I first woke up and saw you."

Oh sh*t! Ming didn't say it out directly, but Kit knew that he was referring to Kit's reaction when he saw him wake up. Kit wasn't thinking straight at the time, and quite frankly, he couldn't remember what he actually did. He supposed that he was crying. Please tell me that I didn't actually bawl out like a baby, Kit hoped. It wouldn't be too weird? Normal friends cried for each other all the time, right? Especially in such drastic circumstances? He glanced at Ming, trying to figure out whether Ming had caught on to something about their relationship. To his relief, Ming just looked sincerely apologetic.

"Just don't get into any more accidents," Kit eventually mumbled.

Ming nodded enthusiastically. "I promise," Ming pledged with confidence. "And look! I have such crazy recovery skills that I'll be all healed in no time. No need to worry about me at all!"

To prove his point, Ming attempted to pump out his chest and flex his arm, but he let out a painful yelp at the sudden movement. Eyes wide, Kit immediately stood up from his chair and moved towards Ming, checking to see if he was alright.

"Are you okay?!?!" Kit asked, tremendously worried.

"Well, that failed," Ming remarked sheepishly. "I was trying to ease your worry, not double it."

Kit frowned, slowly seating himself back in the chair. "Don't push yourself. You shouldn't be moving around like that yet."

"Yes, sir!" Ming saluted playfully. Kit shook his head, smiling fondly. With or without his memories, Ming's playful personality remained the same.

After smiling along with Kit, Ming looked at him again with a sincere expression. "Kit, I'm also sorry that I don't remember you," Ming apologized.

"Don't be sorry. That's not your fault," Kit softly countered.

"But still, I really wish I could remember," Ming confessed in a wistful tone.

Kit briefly met Ming's eyes, which were filled with sheer remorse. You're actually doing me a huge favor by not remembering me, Kit thought to himself. But Ming didn't have to know that.

"It's probably selfish from my end, but can we start over? At least before I get my memories back?" Ming suddenly requested.

Before Kit could respond, Ming abruptly sat up straight, properly fixed his clothes, and loudly cleared his throat. Kit just stared at Ming blankly, not fully comprehending what Ming was doing at the moment.

"My name is Mingkwan. But you can call me Ming," Ming started out. "I'm 21 years old, but I lost some of my memories from a recent car accident, so I actually feel like I'm only 16."

Ming slightly leaned closer towards Kit, looking intently into Kit's dark brown eyes.

"And may I ask for the name of the lovely gentleman sitting in front of me?" Ming invited, wiggling his eyebrows in a flirtatious way.

Kit blinked and then slowly let out a small smile. "I'm Kit. 22 years old," he finally answered, playing along.

"Hello, Kit," Ming beamed. "You have no idea how happy I am to meet you."

Ming held out his hand with a wide smile. Meeting Ming's twinkling black eyes, Kit carefully accepted the handshake, grasping Ming's hand gently with his own.

This could work, Kit thought. It still hurt inside every time he looked at Ming, but at least Ming was smiling. And if Ming was happy, then Kit could be happy too.

***

Author's Note: Ming and Kit finally met, thanks to our wonderful Beam & Yo duo :D :D :D And as always, thank you to all who read, vote and comment!!! Really, all your interactions mean so much to me :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 925 19
⚠️ Warnings: toxic relationship, abuse, bullying, etc. Kit has been chasing after Ming since high school. Ming doesn't like Kit at all. He bullies hi...
550K 27.8K 77
"Should I smile because we're friends, or should I cry because that's the only thing we can ever be?" This is a Ming x Kit story. ? I do not own any...
38.9K 2.6K 10
[Kimmon x Copter] Copter is living out his dream. He's the lead vocal of an internationally famous boy band, their songs are hitting the top of the...
216K 11.6K 54
❝Love. Love is ridiculous. What's the use of it?❞ Kit hates love. Why? Because he doesn't understand it. All of that changes when he meets a person n...