CHIM - Life in the limelight

By GeordieDoll

More

CHIM - Life in the limelight
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88 (Last chapter)

Chapter 14

5.4K 57 10
By GeordieDoll

I'd just like to say a thank you again for the comments, i LOVE reading them :D 

“Kimberley” Cheryl whispers shaking my shoulder and I groan turning to my other side. “Good morning Kimberley” She whispers sweetly brushing my hair out of my face. I flutter my eyes open and she’s standing over me with Paisley on her hip.

“Mummy” Paisley grins wiggling from Cheryl’s arms and onto the bed.

“Morning” I croak putting my arms around Paisley as she climbs in the bed as does Cheryl.

“What time is it?” I manage to mumble.

“8 o’clock, I didn’t want to wake you but Paisley insisted”

“Its fine” I tell her and she sits back against the headboard and looks at me.

“Are you ok?” She asks.

“Mhm” I nod not looking at her.

“What’s wrong?” She asks quietly putting her hand on mine.

“Nothing” I smile and she frowns at me knowing that something’s on my mind.

“Is it about last night?”

I didn’t think she would have remembered, she was pretty drunk, although I desperately wanted to believe her I’m still not sure if it was just the drink talking. “You remember?”

“Of course I do, you still don’t think I mean it do you?”

I simply shrug. “I’m just confused that’s all” I say honestly and she nods her head in agreement.

“Me too, but I need you to know I meant every word. i really like you Kimberley”

“Sarah” Paisley whines pointing at the door.

“She will be sleeping baby, you can see her soon” I smile at her. “Is that ok?”

She nods and climbs onto Cheryl.

“Did you mean it?” Cheryl asks not looking at me tracing circles on the palm of Paisley’s hand.

“I meant it” I smile at her and I receive the sweetest one back.

“So what now?”

I shrug and roll out of bed. “Now I go downstairs and get breakfast because I’m starving”

“I mean what happens next… with us?”

“What do you want to happen next?”

“I want to take you on a date, just the two of us. Is that’s ok with you because I d-“

“That sounds great” I cut her off and she again smiles, since waking up smiles have been plastered on both of our faces, I still can’t believe she feels this way about me but I confused. She doesn’t like women… I don’t like women, or that’s what I thought. “I’m sure we can find someone you can have a sleepover with” I say tickling Paisley’s tummy and she squirms around the bed in fits of laughter.

“Mummy!” She shrieks and I stop, realising my friends are asleep in the other rooms and probably won’t be in the best state when they wake up.

“Sarah and Nads will kill you” Cheryl laughs.

“Did you see them last night? I basically had to tackle Paisley away from them” I laugh thinking back to their drunken antics in the garden last night.

“I’m sure Sarah kissed Nadine”

“She did! I doubt either of them will be able to remember”

“True”

“Come on” Paisley pulls my hand and tries to drag me to the door.

“You go downstairs I’ll just be a minute ok?”

“Ok!” She leaves Cheryl’s room and I close the door behind her. I turn around to Cheryl and she’s holding her arms out to me.

“Come here” I do what she says and nervously cross the room into her arms. ”You still aren’t 100% comfortable around us are you?” She pulls away and put a hand on my cheek.

“What do you mean?”

“You’re still nervous”

“It’s just that … I guess I need to teach myself how to trust again”

“I understand” She quickly pecks my lips and this still feels so surreal but in a good way. I place a quick kiss on her cheek and pull her into another hug. “I can teach you” She whispers and I smile to myself because I’m starting to think that there’s a possibility that she can.

“Mummy!” Paisley calls from downstairs ruining our moment.

“Are you sure you will be able to cope with all of this? She can be a handful at times” I giggle and she nods.

“Of course, you’re a package and I wouldn’t want one without the other”

“Mummmy!!” She again calls louder than last time.

“Duty calls” Cheryl giggles.

“Duty calls”

Paisley sits on the kitchen counter and she looks out the kitchen window out into the garden after just finishing her breakfast. Cheryl’s upstairs and all the other girls are still asleep.

“Swim?” She asks pointing to the pool she’s still yet to go in.

“Not today, maybe tomorrow though”

“I want to” She moans folding her arms.

“Well you can’t so come on lets go upstairs and get you ready to see nana” I go to lift her down from the counter but she bats my hand away.

“No!”

That seems to be her favourite word at the moment, no matter what I ask the answer is always no. I’m sure she just loves to press my buttons. “Come on Paisley” I reach out for her and she again bats my hand away.

“Are you being a rascal?” Cheryl’s voice comes from around the corner and Paisley doesn’t answer.

“She most defiantly is” I sigh and take her from the counter which causes her to kick her legs wildly and let out an ear ringing scream. Here we are again in the middle of a huge tantrum that I always fail to control. Cheryl watches on in shock as I struggle to control her in my arms. She’s holding onto the edge of the counter with both hands as I try to pull her away from it.

“Paisley, you’re going to wake everybody” I tell her but she doesn’t care, of course she doesn’t care she’s 2.I finally manage to rip her away from the counter and I look at Cheryl in embarrassment. This is the first time she’s seen her like this and she probably thinks I can’t control my own child and that she’s some sort of little devil but it’s just her age. That’s what I keep telling myself. Paisley arches her back and continues to kick her legs as tears of anger escape her blotchy eyes.

“Here” Cheryl says holding out her arms and Paisley reaches out and Cheryl takes her from me. The crying and screaming soon stops and i run my fingers through my hair sighing in frustration and embarrassment.  Cheryl brushes away her tears with her hand and looks at her seriously. “That’s enough  or mummy won’t let you swim tomorrow either, will you mummy?”

“I won’t” I say sternly trying to sound as confident as possible. “She’ll stop for you won’t she” I mumble turning around to look out the window and Cheryl stands Paisley on the ground.

I feel her hand on my back and her lips on my cheek. “It’s because you’re her mam, don’t take it to heart” Cheryl says softly giving my back a rub.

“Is there any tablets?” I hear Nadine croak and Cheryl jumps away from me. I turn to see Nadine opening a cupboard door with Sarah stood behind her looking like she wants to die. Nadine has a hoodie on with her hood up and is hiding behind a huge pair of sunglasses obviously feeling the effects of last night, just like Sarah she’s regretting the amount of alcohol she consumed.

“At the top” Cheryl points.

“I think I’m dying” Sarah groans putting her head in her arms leaning forward on the counter.

“Well that’s what you get” Nicola says entering the kitchen in her usual upbeat manner. She looks so refreshed compared to these two moping around.

“Fuck off,I can’t stand happiness at this time in the morning, how aren’t you ill?” Sarah asks raising her head.

“Because I didn’t drink nearly as much as you Hardcode” She laughs.

“I was wondering if someone could have Paisley tonight. Until the morning?” I ask.

“What for?” Nicola asks and I try to come up with a good reason.

“Erm … I have a doctor’s appointment and I don’t know how long it will last” I lie, great Kimberley. i could have at least came up with something believable.

“A doctor’s appointment at night?”

“… Yeah” I say quietly and Nicola smirks shaking her head.

“I would babe but the way I’m feeling right now I don’t think I’ll be up for it” Nadine says.

“Ditto” Says Sarah. I turn to Nicola in hope that once again she will be my hero and she smiles.

“Of course, I have work in the morning so I can drop her off on my way”

“Thanks Nic you’re a life saver!” I beam running to hug her failing to contain my excitement.

***

“Mum? Dad?” I call through the house and stand by the door. Amy bounces down the stair and straight into my arms.

“You’re home!”

“Just visiting” I smile and rub her back.

“Wow aren’t you looking stylish” Amy grins running a hand up and down Paisleys arm as she looks at her new rather expensive clothes. She buries her head in the crook of my neck and drapes her arm over my shoulder.

“She had a late night”

We go into the living room which now feels strangely small compared to Cheryl’s huge luxurious one. I’ve never really realised how small my home was until now. “So where is everybody?” I ask as I sit down on the sofa.

“Mums went to the shop, Dads working as is Sally and Adams in bed”

“Oh what a surprise, I see he still hasn’t found a job?”

“Are you joking, he hardly even turns up to college now”

I shake my head and tut. “Are you still studying hard?”

“Yes, You have hardly been gone long, not a lot has changed”

“Well it does feel longer, are mum and dad ok? Still fighting?”

“Actually no, they haven’t since you left and dad mentioned something about marriage counselling so fingers crossed they go through with it because since you’ve been gone it’s been so much better-“

“Thanks Ams”

“I didn’t mean it like that i-“

“I know I know, I’m joking”

We sit talking and chatting about anything and everything until my mum gets back from her weekly grocery shop and it’s fair to say she was surprised to see me. She greeted me with the biggest hug and I wasn’t sure what to expect because I haven’t seen her since the ‘incident’ I’ve filled her in on what’s happening, leaving out the small detail that the person I’m living with is in fact Cheryl Cole it’s not like she would believe me anyways is it?

“Well I’m glad you’re happy that’s all that matters darling” My mum smiles rubbing my arm. “Are you sure you’re happy?”

I can’t help myself but a huge smile spreads on my face and that alone speak for its self. “I am happy”

“I would like to see Paisley more often though Kimberley, she’s getting big so fast and I miss not seeing her everyday”

“Yeah erm… well I was wondering”

“Go on”

“Well I sort of have a erm … date” I croak and my mums eyes widen.

“Really? Kimberley that’s great”

“It is?”

“Of course, tell me all about him”

“I … well … yeah, I don’t really want to say too much at the minute because it’s just our first date, I don’t know what will happen and it isn’t exactly simple”

“What do you mean, love?”

“Time will tell” I smile. “Anyways I was going to drop Paisley off at Nicola’s but since you and dad are getting on and you all seem to be missing her so much I thought maybe you would like to have her tonight?”

“That would be great! I’ve really missed her, we all have”

“You don’t have to if-“

“Kimberley I’m her grandmother I want to “

“Great and I was thinking is it ok if I get ready here?”

“Of course, it’s still your home too. Your bedrooms just how you left it”

I smile and wrap my arms around her taking her by surprise. “Thanks mum”

“No problem, just call down if you need anything”

“I will”

I go to my room and slump down on my bed and get out my phone. I have a message from Cheryl which instantly makes me feel giddyy inside.

“Cant wait 4 tonight wen r you coming back? xx”

I quickly type out a reply.

“Me too. Im going to get changed here then you could pick me up? Is that ok? xx”

She responds almost immediately.

“Ofc, looking forward to it beautiful ;) xxx”

I better start getting ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 716 56
40.7K 555 25