FF - Plot twist

By itsPTP

The story picks up from the terrace scene because what happened next breaks my heart every time. More

Chapter 1 - With you
Chapter 2 - Love? Yes
Chapter 3 - Marry me
Chapter 4 - I cannot
Chapter 5 - What?
Chapter 6 - ASR is back
Chapter 7 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 8 - Helpless
Chapter 9 - Misfired
Chapter 10 - The truth
Chapter 11 - Introspection
Chapter 12 - The Confrontation
Chapter 13 - Father-in-law
Chapter 14 - The Past
Chapter 15 - Plan
Chapter 16 - The execution
Chapter 17 - Evil gone forever
Chapter 18 - Goof up
Chapter 19 - Closer than ever
Chapter 20 - Shagun
Chapter 22 - The row
Chapter 23 - Sheesh Mahal
Chapter 24 - Captive
Chapter 25 - Missing puzzle
Chapter 26 - Mending broken pieces
Chapter 27 - Healed
Chapter 28 - Her surprise
Chapter 29 - Sherry Magic
Chapter 30 - Reunion
Chapter 31 - Heartbreaks
Chapter 32 - Peace
Chapter 33 - Your name
Chapter 34 - An awkward day
Chapter 35 - Mr and Mrs Raizada
Chapter 36 - Are you okay?
Chapter 37 - World, meet Mrs.ASR
Chapter 38 - The Honeymoon
Chapter 39 - Love you for you
Chapter 40 - Souls entwined

Chapter 21 - Engaged

10K 474 90
By itsPTP

"Chamkili!! Hey, Chamkili!!!!" Shaking Khushi, Lavanya shouted.

"Hmm." Khushi gave that sound, very unaffected, while doing something on her phone and devouring Jalebis.

"Jeez!"

Fed up, Lavanya snatched Khushi's phone and threw it onto the bed.

"What have you done, Lavanya?! I was about to send a message to Arnavji!" Khushi shrieked, reaching for her phone.

Lavanya swatted her hand, "Your Arnavji can wait for your message until after you guys are engaged, which is in 4 hours," Turning Khushi's head towards the clock, "See! We all have to leave in 60 minutes, and look at your state!"

Hair disheveled, mouth stuffed with Jalebis with syrup dripping down her mouth, eyes wide and still in her night wear Khushi looked around and gasped.

"Hey Devi Maiyya!!! It is 4 AM already?!" Khushi screamed, as she got up to fetch her toiletries, "It is all that Laad Governor's and your fault, Lavanya! Why didn't you warn me?"

"What? My fault...... Umm, Yes, it is, and I am sorry." Lavanya apologized, sarcastically, keeping up a mock face.

Unable to look into her eyes for how she blamed her without any mistake, Khushi dashed into the wash room.

Chuckling, Lavanya began tidying up the room.

She landed directly into Khushi's house from London the previous night and was feeling really exhausted, but all the tiredness flew away thinking of her BFF's big day, and someone else.

"Arre, Lavanya bitiya, why are you doing all this?" Garima said, who had just entered the room along with Buaji.

"Haan, haan, NandaKishore! Why are you taking trouble?" Buaji said.

"Oh come on, aunty! What am I doing? Just cleaning up the bed for my best friend, so that she could rest right away after coming back home. And PLEASE don't behave formal with me. Consider me equal to Khushi." Lavanya said, heartfelt.

Garima and Buaji smiled listening to her. From what they knew, Lavanya was never like this. She was now transformed into a complete different person, and they were happy that she was Khushi's best friend.

"Alright, dear!" Garima said, cupping her face, "First gather all your things, we will be leaving soon."

"Okay." she replied.

"Hai re Nandakishore! Eyy, Sanka Devi! What are you wearing?" Yelled Buaji, seeing Khushi who just stepped out the washroom.

"What?"

"What 'What'? Why are you wearing this salwar suit and not saree?"

"Offo, Buaji! Amma told me that I will be getting ready at RM. For now, I'll leave like this." Khushi assured buaji.

2 minutes later, the Guptas along with Lavanya and the nurse were seated in the drawing room, looking at Khushi with amusement who was busy running here and there in the house complaining about everything.

"Jiji, someone told me a couple of days ago that all things for engagement were set and done. I wonder who that was." Garima said, teasing Khushi.

Everyone laughed. Buaji caught hold of Khushi and made her sit with them.

"Titaliya, relax! Have this tea."

Sulking, Khushi took a sip, "What is all this? It seems like a tornado had hit the house!"

"A wedding is happening in the house. It is justified to be messy." Garima said.

"Acha? During Jiji's marriage, the house was all neat and more than well organised. What happened now?" Khushi retorted, "I have to look after everything in the house."

"Oh really, NandaKishore? Look around, the whole house is neat and more than well organised, except your room!" Buaji retorted.

"Maybe your's would have been too, if you have not stayed glued to you phone, texting your to-be-hubby." Lavanya winked.

Khushi turned red as they all laughed.

"Okay, now stop bothering my Khushi bitiya." Shashi came to her rescue.

"My Babuji!" she said, hugging him and stuck out her tongue at Lavanya.

Shortly, Mohan came to pick them up and all left to Shantivan.

~*~*~

The entire Raizada mansion had been decorated with fairy lights, flowers, diyas and balloons. A huge dais was set up in the middle of the drawing room where the ceremony would take place. Large number of banquet tables were organized in round groups for the guests. It seemed as if a festival was happening, which in reality, it was. Their Prince Arnav was getting engaged!

"Namaste!" Nani, Mami, Mama and Anjali greeted the Guptas.

"Namaste, namaste!" they reciprocated, smiling brightly.

Khushi took blessings from them and hugged Anjali. Standing at the door itself, her eyes began scanning every nook and corner of the house hoping to catch a glimpse of Arnav. People around Khushi laughed as she was not paying attention to any of them, busy in searching for her prince charming.

"Khushiji, don't even try sneaking a glance of your Arnavji. You won't find him," Anjali laughed, "He is being strictly guarded by his 2 brothers in his room."

Khushi blushed.

"Stop it, Anjali bitiya! Don't start with your teasing from now itself." Mama said, smiling.

"Yes, yes! We will be having many more opportunities in the future, hello hai bye bye!" Mami grinned.

"Okay now, Payal bitiya, you take Khushi bitiya to the guest room opposite to Chote's room," Nani said, "Madhumatiji, is it okay if you take the guest room down here?"

"No problem, Nandakishore!" buaji replied.

Soon, Khushi was taken upstairs by Payal, Anjali and Lavanya, where as Garima, Madhumati and Shashi settled in the room downstairs. While Shashi was being rested, Garima and Madhumati freshened up quickly and joined the rest of the elder Raizadas, helping them with the arrangements and receiving guests.

In Khushi's room :

"No, no, no! I am not giving you your phone!" Lavanya chided Khushi.

"Why not?" Payal asked.

"Oh, you have no idea, Payal! If given, she'll stay glued to it."

"But..." Khushi tried to speak but stopped when Lavanya glared.

"Alright, Khushi. Pooja starts in 2 hours. You take rest for half an hour, okay?" Payal said.

"There is no necessary for it..."

"No one asked you. Bye!"

Payal and Lavanya left the room shutting the door behind them, taking Khushi's mobile and went to check on what was going on in Arnav's room.

While going, Payal said, "We should have left her phone with her."

"Trust me, it wouldn't be a great idea." Lavanya replied.

"Khushi hates phone. She never uses it. What is the big matter?" Payal asked.

"My dear Payal, time and necessity has changed for her, darling!" Lavanya replied, winking.

Still confused, Payal with Lavanya, ran into Anjali.

"Oh, Di! We were just coming to you. Everything done? Is Arnavji ready? Do you need anything?" Payal asked.

"My lovely brother is sleeping." Anjali said, calmly.

"What?!" both asked, perplexed.

"Yes, the groom to-be is sleeping with his engagement's a couple of hours away." Anjali said, shaking her head.

"How?"

"What should I say? These days his mobile has become his essential to live. 24 hours he keeps texting or talking with Khushiji on phone, yeah, exception when he's working. I requested him so much to get good sleep at least last night, but no! Whole night. On phone. With Khushiji. Now he's sleeping!" Vexed Anjali, ranted.

Grinning at Payal, Lavanya said, "Now you get it why I took Chamkili's mobile?"

"These two are behaving like teenagers." Payal said.

They laughed.

"Let them rest for a while." Anjali said, before they all went downstairs.

~*~*~

"They both left me to take a nap, but how will I get sleep? Today, I am getting engaged to my Arnavji"

.

.

"The Laad Governor who didn't bother replying to my last message!"

.

.

"Devi Maiyya! Lavanya is right. These days I am using my mobile a lot! I should stop it. He is introducing me to weird habits!"

.

.

"I wonder what he is doing now!"

.

.

"Should I go help everyone with the arrangements?"

.

.

"I'm so tired, will just close my eyes for 5 minutes!"

And 1 hour later, Payal barged into the room startling Khushi to the sky.

Eyes drowsy, "Wh..what happened, Jiji?" she asked.

"Get up fast and get changed! Panditji has arrived and pooja will start soon!" Payal replied, shoving dress into Khushi's hands.

"WHAT? I slept in!!! Why didn't you wake me up?" she jumped up.

"Err, sorry."

Singing 'Devi Maiyya', Khushi went and got changed into the saree in less than 2 minutes. She just sat on the chair like a doll, while the ladies were busy embellishing Khushi. Pinning up her hair in an elegant bun with flowers adorned in it, minimal makeup, accessorizing with matching traditional jewelry; everything happened with Khushi trying hard not to fall asleep.

"And done!" Anjali, Payal and Lavanya squeaked, jerking Khushi into full consciousness.

She stood up and admired herself in the mirror. Her eyes teared.

Payal whispered, "Khushi, you are looking just like..."

"My Amma. I know."

Payal gently hugged from behind, consoling her. Garima and Buaji smiled.

Anjali and Lavanya, not grasping the small exchange between them, decided to lighten the thick atmosphere.

"Okay, okay! Don't emotional now, her make up will smudge, and it'll be very hard to get my sleepy head best friend awake again." Lavanya chirped, and everyone laughed.

"Khushiji, let's go down? Panditji is calling for you." Anjali said.

Soon they all went down.

Khushi sat down before the Havan kund with her hands joined together, praying for her prosperous future with Arnav. For the first time, she was being restless for a pooja to finish as it had been 3 days since they last seen each other. While the mantras were being chanted by the pandit, the guests gathered around and sat in the pooja.

"Nani, why are you looking at Khushiji like that?" Anjali asked, noticing Nani who seemed to be recalling something scrutinizing Khushi.

"Voh...Khushi bitiya is reminding me someone familiar, who was once very dear to me, but I can't remember who." Nani replied.

"Don't think much, Nani. She is just dressed up in our traditional style and is looking like old heroine." Anjali winked to which Nani smiled, still thinking deeply.

"Bitiya, you go and get changed into these clothes." Pandit said, giving Khushi a silver tray on which the dress was on.

Khushi went to her room and soon got dressed into the main ceremony's attire, and waited for the time they'd call her down.

~*~*~

"Di, you stay here. I will get him." Payal said, and went to Arnav's room.

"Who locked the door from outside?" she wondered, opening the door.

"Arnavji, Pandit...." Payal started, entering the room but cut short when Arnav almost pounced on her.

"Payal, why isn't Khushi answering my calls?"

"Uh...well....umm.....Because we took the phone from her?!" She answered, unsure.

"And where did that monkey NK go, confining me in my own room?" Arnav shouted.

"First, he woke me up one hour ago shouting in my ears from my deep sleep and forced me to get dressed into this stupid kurta by blackmailing taking Khushi's name, and ran away locking me up in here...."

"Arnavji, Arnavji, calm down!" Payal said, holding his shoulder.

"Do you even remember that your engagement is going on downstairs?"

"Of course, I do! It's just..."

"Relax!"

Stilling for a moment, he inhaled deeply. Having not seen Khushi for 3 days made him snappy enough, and top to that these ridiculous ritual rules and his siblings, mainly NK's, jokes on him.

Arnav was sure who unleashed NK on him. Khushi. She always did that whenever he angered her.

"These 2 best friends will drive me mad one day." he thought furiously.

"Shall I call Di here, Arnavji? Actually, Pandiji is calling you down since it is time for your pooja." Payal gently asked.

"I don't want to spoil my mood on my engagement. Will deal with them both in my own way later." he promised.

"Not needed, Payal. We will leave." He said, smiling.

They both headed down.

"Oh God, Chote, you are looking very handsome." Anjali exclaimed.

He was wearing blue and white designer kurta. Everyone looked surprised seeing him in that attire as they all knew how much he disliked classic wear, yet he wore it just for Khushi to make her happy. But the damn ritual rules didn't even allow each other to at least see.

Still grumpy, he sat before the havan kund and joined his hands due to compulsion of his over-traditional family, tried to pretend praying.

"Okay, this is weird! I don't believe in all this stuff, still I'm doing this for my family. Mainly for Khushi. Devi Maiyya, I don't know if you really exist or not, but my Khushi is your biggest devotee. Just look after her. She has faced so much in life, and I want nothing but to fill her life with every happiness I can find in the world, because she is my life."

Without his knowledge, he prayed to God.

"Alright, now, all that was a bit too cheesy for me. Sorry, I couldn't help it. What am I meant to do? Sit here like this with my eyes closed? Am I supposed to chant something? Can I open my eyes? No, everybody's eyes are on me......"

There, Arnav was behaving inside like a lost paranoid child, and here, all the guests and his family were admiring the changes in him. They were so content that Khushi brought those changes in him and couldn't be more delighted.

NK signalled Lavanya to come to the terrace.

"Uh, Payal, I will just come." Lavanya informed Payal and followed NK up there.

"What's the matter, NK...." She started but stopped when he hugged her.

Surprised, she stilled for a moment and later hugged him back happily. Two souls who had missed each other so much were rejoicing their embrace wishing the time would stop. Both still had to come a long way, starting from realising their true feelings. After filling in their scents, they parted, no wanting to make the other feel awkward.

"Hey, Lavs! Long time, no see. How are ya' doin'?" NK said, masking his true emotions.

"I am good, thank you. What about you?" she replied, calmly.

"Oh, come on, Lavs! Cut the formal talk? We are good friends, right? Be free with me once again!"

"With pleasure!" Smiling, she twisted his ears.

"Oww, ahh! Lavanya, what are you doing?" he asked, yelping in pain.

"I am being free with you as you said, Nanda Kishore Sharma!" she glared.

"Hey, I told you many times not to call me by my full name!"

"I will call you however I wish when I am angry. What will you do?"

"Why?"

"'Why'? Gave no response to my calls nor to messages, and yet got the guts to ask 'Why'!" she growled.

"Oh...that I....Well..."

What was he supposed to say? That he missed her like hell, but was hurt that she wasn't willing to share with him what was bothering her, or that he was trying to curb his emotions for her. That wasn't the time to come clean with everything because neither of them were sure of their feelings.

"I was having adventures." he squeaked.

"Huh?" she frowned.

"I....I was busy having fun with Nannav. You know, right? One must be super alert after messing with Nannav." He blabbered rubbish, which was actually half true.

"Weirdo!"

"That I am." He said, proudly.

Lavanya awfully failed at keeping up a straight face and slowly broke into unfeigned laughter. NK's heart skipped a beat seeing her beautiful dimples. He would bear any sort of bizarre name and become a clown for her just to see her genuinely smiling, and that would make him happy.

"Gosh, I missed you, NK!" words slipped out without her knowledge.

"I missed you more." he whispered, sincerely. "And sorry, Lavanya. I was really busy with all the wedding stuff that's going on."

"It's alright! I understand." she replied, smiling. "Why did you bring me here anyway?"

"You know, just to talk to you properly. There's a lot of commotion going on down there, isn't it? That's why!"

"Okay, now that we have caught on about our daily business, can we go down?" she asked.

"Sure, sure! They could be looking for us. Nannav's pooja must have been finished by now as well."

Lavanya smacked NK.

"Ow!" rubbing his head, "What was that for?"

"You very well know there's a huge ceremony happening in the house. Is everything funny to you? Why did you lock ASR up in his room?" she shot.

"What? I would never do that to my brother..."

She glared.

"How did you find out it was me?"

"Payal told me."

"How did she know..."

"Doesn't matter, NK! Why did you do that?"

"For fun. I...I mean, I have an obligation towards someone.." he stuttered.

"So Chamkili, right?"

"Hey, it's not her fault. Nannav did something big that irritated her and she simply requested me to poke jokes at him, but I am the one without barriers is testing his limits irrespective of time or place." he confessed.

"Here comes the savior of Chamkili's mischief!" she announced, "You know, sometimes I envy you because you STEAL my best friend from me!"

NK laughed.

Though she said that mockingly, only she knew how much she adored the attachment both Khushi and NK shared, 2 of her most favorite people. The bond was something so pure and special, but that didn't mean she approved of NK occupying her place in Khushi's life. Heck, Lavanya became Khushi's BFF first, not NK!

"Be wary of your actions because pissed-off ASR could kill not just you, but also MY best friend." she warned.

"Oh, dear Lavs! No ways! I know my brother. He loves Khushiji way too much to be mad at her, and he doesn't ever show it but he loves me too as a brother. I'm sure of it." he confidently said.

She couldn't help but chuckle.

~*~*~

"Oh! Everyone see how my Chote is looking at Khushiji! So much love!!" Anjali purred.

It was now time for the main ceremony, and finally Arnav and Khushi came face-to-face after 3 long days! Raizadas, Guptas and the guests gathered around the dais, admiring the couple.

Khushi flushed heavily with everyone's teasing, and Arnav's intense gaze was not helping her much. Coming to Arnav, he just didn't care anymore. He was so done with all their teasing comments and decided not to give any heed to them. So, he just stood there taking in his fill of Khushi, enjoying her shyness.

"We shall start, the muhurat has arrived." Pandit announced.

Raizadas and Guptas got up on the dais and went near Arnav and Khushi. As the Pandit started chanting mantras, happy chattering of guests had dropped down and they gave full attention to the function.

"Apply tika." Pandit instructed.

Anjali smiled brightly and applied tika on Khushi, caressing her cheek fondly. Khushi returned the smile even brightly.

When Garima reached Arnav, he swiftly bent down and touched her feet. She blissfully gave him her blessings. She hesitated to apply tika to him, knowing very well that he didn't believe in the rituals. But surprising her and everyone, Arnav smiled and lowered his head, gesturing Garima to continue. Beaming, she applied tika on Arnav.

Arnav extended his right hand.

"What are you..." Garima asked, unsure.

"I know you want to tie a dhaga. I don't mind, Aunty. In fact, I will be very pleased to do so because this would make Khushi so much happy." Arnav said.

Everybody was awestruck, especially Khushi. They couldn't believe this was their Arnav. As the astonishment abated, elation filled up.

Garima affectionately patted his head and tied the Raksha Dhaga on his hand.

"Chote, how did you know?" Nani asked.

"I just....found out." he said, shrugging.

"Hello Hai Bye Bye, you did investigations about the rituals, Arnav bitwa?" Manorama asked in her signature style.

"Yes, Mami. For Khushi's happiness, I will learn about anything!" he said, looking into Khushi's eyes.

"NandaKishore, you love her so much!" Buaji squealed, waving her hands around his head.

"That I do." he whispered, side-hugging Khushi.

Everyone went awe to the extent their eyes teared in glee seeing his love for her. Khushi was totally blushing and overjoyed on receiving this guileless affection from Arnav, but something didn't seem right to her. She became suspicious at his PDA, because this was ASR here, and on scanning him thoroughly there was a mischievous glint in his eyes. But for now, she decided to shrug off the feeling.

Pandit had been saying the mantras in Sanskrit, but now switched the language and said, "The auspicious date has been set for the wedding on the 6th of June."

Everyone squealed in glee, where as Arnav frowned.

"6th of June? That's more than one month away!" he growled.

"Shh, Chote!" Anjali whispered, looking around making sure no one had heard him. "Put up a normal face! It won't look good seeing the groom sulking in his engagement."

He decided to dodge away the matter for now. One glance at smiling Khushi, his lips curved up, too.

"Pooja is finished and the muhurat has come. Now, it is time for the rings exchange." Pandit announced.

The whole atmosphere had lit up instantly.

Looking at Arnav with her eyes twinkling, Khushi took the ring. He readily lifted hand and she slid the royal gold band on his finger. Without waiting another second, he took her hand and made her wear a stunning platinum ring. Arnav lifted her hand and gently pecked. As everybody around erupted into roars of merriment, Khushi shyly hid herself in Arnav's embrace, who in return hugged her tighter with a huge smile on his face.

Anjali went to them, "Finally, you are engaged! I think I am the most excited person for this day, besides you both, of course!" She patted their cheeks, "Khushiji, from this very second, you must and should call me 'Di'."

"With pleasure, Di."

Anjali gathered a beaming Khushi in her hug.

Only Khushi knew how long she had been holding herself from calling Anjali 'Di'. She wanted to wait till she officially became Arnav's fiance, and here came the moment!

Soon, Arnav and Khushi were blessed, hugged and congratulated by both their families and all the guests. With elders watching merrily, all the youngsters began dancing joyously, pulling as many people as they could to dance. Their blissful moments were captured by the wedding photographer. After showering the new couple with gifts, everyone went to have the sumptuous feast.

Amidst the celebration, Arnav and Khushi kept glancing at each other longingly, waiting for the moment they'd be alone together.

~*~

"Stop, stop!!! Now zoom it!" shrieked Manorama. "See, I'm looking so beautiful in this picture. Not that I look bad in other pictures..."

"No doubt in that, Masi." NK whistled.

Manorama blushed making everyone roll their eyes in amusement.

It was now evening. After the celebration, leisurely the guests took leave. Time had passed in a blink and now it was almost 5PM. Munching on snacks and sipping evening tea, Raizadas and Guptas were seeing the engagement photographs on TV which NK took from his DSLR.

"Wow! Khushiji is looking just fabulous!" said NK.

In the picture, Khushi was doing pooja with her eyes closed, palms joined, praying to her Devi Maiyya.

When the next picture came on the screen, Khushi's eyes went wide in astonishment.

It was the picture of Arnav in similar pose as Khushi in the previous one, except what surprised her was that he wore traditional kurta-pajama, and he was praying too.

Excited, Khushi turned to Arnav, "You wore it!!!"

All the time, Arnav was in his own world, not paying any attention to his surroundings. He was busy savoring Khushi who was sitting next to him. She realized he was lost in her, and his intense gaze brought color to her cheeks.

"What are you doing? Look at the pictures, not me." Khushi whispered in his ears.

Arnav inhaled deeply and said, "You will come to my room now."

"Impossible," Khushi hissed, "Look around. Everyone is here. What will they think?"

"Not my problem," leaning, he pecked on her cheek, "I'm giving you 5 minutes. After that, I'll come and carry you up there myself."

Arnav got up, announcing, "I've got some work, I'm going to my room."

No one said anything but nodded silently. He went to his room, not before winking at Khushi.

Khushi sat like a statue feeling anxious knowing very well Arnav would do what he said without caring about anyone.

"Uh... Umm..."

She tried thinking of excuses but none of them were unsuspicious. Everyone would definitely figure out that she went to meet Arnav, resulting in endless teasing from everyone, and she couldn't risk that!

"Devi Maiyya, what do I do?"

Khushi was panicking so much that she didn't realize people around her also remained frozen, breaking into giggles and murmuring jokes among themselves. They waited and waited, a couple of minutes had passed and Khushi was still there. Suddenly everyone shouted together.

"Khushiji, go! Your Arnavji is waiting for you!!"

Startled, "Huh?!" she shrieked, clutching her heart.

"What 'Huh'? Your Prince Charming is waiting for you!"

"It is not good on your part to make my Arnav babua wait for you. He loves you so much!!"

"If not, why would he declare it openly before everyone?"

"Bhai stepped out of his comfort zone to make you happy, Khushiji. And you are making him wait?"

"Very bad indeed..."

"Khushiji, spring up or Nannav will go 'Hulk mode' on everyone."

"Is it too much to ask? We only want you two love birds united in this very instant, Chamkili..."

Putting up their best ingenuous face; Payal, Buaji, Anjali, Akash, Garima, NK and Lavanya started pulling Khushi's legs. Without delaying anymore, Khushi dashed to Arnav's room. Everyone's laughter echoed in Shantivan.

~*~

"I knew it! I knew it!! I sensed something fishy at the way you talked about me during rings exchange. It is to make everyone tease me for a life time, isn't it?" Khushi screamed, entering Arnav's room.

"Do you really think I faked all that with Aunty and everyone?" he asked innocently.

"No! You really meant what you said about the rituals and you heartily let Amma apply tika and tie Dhaga, but the way you expressed your love....it was a trick for me, wasn't it?"

"You know me too well, Khushi. I'm honored and impressed."

"Stop grinning! Do you know how much they're teasing me now? I ran from there to escape the embarrassment."

"What's there to be embarrassed about?" he asked.

"You won't understand! Nobody's ever teased you before."

"You're mistaken. I've been subjected to teasing by my family uncountable times since we've told them about us," he said, briefly recalling those haunting memories. "I'm now done with all that mockery stuff, not gonna care anymore."

"But it's not the same with me! I am a woman! I cannot ignore them, unlike you. It was our engagement today and you are....."

Unmindful of her rantings, Arnav swiftly snaked an arm around her waist and brought her close. Khushi gasped at his sudden act. Her eyes widened and breathing labored. So did his.

"Exactly," he whispered, "You want to fight even today?"

"But...You...you....." she pouted, "Why do you always do this, Arnavji? You always seem to obtain maximum enjoyment by seeing me all flustered, don't you?"

A chuckle escaped Arnav.

"Yeah, laugh, laugh, you Laad Governor," she muttered, swatting him. "All this is because of the discussion we'd had last night when I requested you once to wear the Kurta suit, isn't it?"

"Instead of 'discussion' and 'requested once', I'd term them 'argument' and 'pestering endlessly'. And no. That's not the reason." Arnav clarified, calmly. "You unleashed your partner in crime, NK, on me! He annoyed me to a point I wanted to murder him!"

Khushi fought hard to keep herself from laughing and succeeded, but the triumphant glint in her eyes did not go missed from Arnav.

"I know that one of your worst nightmares is getting teased by our family because you are too shy. So, I took my sweet revenge from you." He revealed, wiping out her glint. "NK can expect a pay back from me at anytime."

"What! You.........."

"Oh, shut up!" he groaned, dragging Khushi to the poolside. "We can fight later! I'm in no mood for that now."

He sat down with Khushi in his lap, hugging her as close to him as possible. The awkwardness soon ebbed away, and she relaxed more into him. Minutes passed, both enjoyed the moment to the fullest in silence. They still couldn't believe that they were engaged and soon would be married.

Kissing on her nape, "Almost 2 months!" he hissed.

"Arnavji, don't fuss." Khushi said giggling. "Trust me, our wedding day will come in a blink."

"I hope so..." he breathed. "By the way, you don't look that bad in this color as well."

She was wearing a simple bright yellow saree.

"Why, thank you. But you look boring in this normal suit of yours." she added cheekily, to which he rolled his eyes.

"I'm comfortable in suits rather than in those Kurtas and Sherwanis."

Mustering courage, Khushi turned and kissed him on the cheek, lips lingering there for a while. Pink filled her cheeks instantly.

"Voh...that...Tha...thank you for wearing Kurta-suit today for pooja." She mumbled, eyes lowered.

He tipped her chin up and said, "Would wear them more often if this will be the reward."

She swatted his hand away, blushing under his naughty gaze. Laughing, he kissed on her forehead.

"Okay...okay. Here," giving her some documents and pen, "read them thoroughly and carefully, and sign wherever there's a tick."

Not wasting a second, Khushi straightaway put her signature on every page wherever they're required.

Surprised, "Khushi! Why didn't you go through it?" he asked.

"I trust you with my entire being, Arnavji." she whispered.

After the astonishment subsided, Arnav smiled and showed her some photographs. They were the pictures of a huge villa facing beach, providing a spectacular view.

"This is amazing, Arnavji!!! Look at it; bright sunny day, trees on either side of the house, blue water of the beach not far away, it looks magnificent!" Khushi said.

Arnav couldn't help his grin, "So, do you like it?"

"What are you asking? I love it! Do you remember? I once mentioned to you that I would like us to spend a day at a place. This would be perfect!" she squealed.

"That would never be a problem now, Khushi. With your wish, not just a day, we can spend weeks and months over there."

"I don't get you, Arnavji."

"That's your villa now, Khushi." Arnav announced, "What did you think the documents were? It's your engagement gift from me."

Khushi remained speechless until her tiny brain processed on what he had just said. When it dawned on her, the proud look on his face made her furious.

"You bought a house on my name?" she said calmly .

"Villa. And yes. I did remember you mentioning your love for beach once." he said, pleased with himself.

"Are you insane?!!" she shouted, getting up. "That's not called a gift!"

Frowning, he also got up. "What happened? You seem angry."

"I seem angry? Of course, I am. I'm furious!" she yelled. "You think you can do whatever you want?"

"Lower your tone! Why are you mad at me?" he growled, his own temper flaring.

"How can I not be mad? That's not a small thing, Arnavji, it's crazy! A gift would generally mean something likable to the interests of the person."

"You yourself told me once that you love such places. Then what's your problem?"

"That doesn't mean you buy me a house.."

"VILLA!" he clarified.

"I don't care what's it properly called! Who gave you the right to gift a property on my name?!"

Stepping dead close,"You are Arnav Singh Raizada's wife! My wife will have everything she fancies, be it a cheap crystal or this whole damn city! I will make sure of it."

Her heart skipped a beat at the declaration. This was an extremely intense statement.

Composing herself, "I am not your wife yet. We are just engaged.."

"I don't care if we're yet married or not. You became my wife the moment I realized that I love you." he proclaimed severely.

Khushi was speechless again. What would she say after that bold statement? She knew her Laad Governor too well, he just intended to make her happy in his own way, but this was too extreme.

Inhaling deeply, "Arnavji, don't you think you are being a bit....er....stupid?" Khushi asked, cupping his face. "I am a simple girl who finds merry in small delightful things. But this...... Don't you think I will feel, what to say correctly, suffocated?"

Tilting to side, he kissed her palm, "I know, Khushi, I know. But this how I am, I promised myself that I will make everything in my power to keep you happy lifelong." he revealed.

"For me, being happy means staying with the people I love, living a content life, not extravagant presents."

"Yes, I know! This is the quality of you I love the most." he said, eyes shining. "But it gives me satisfaction in 'being stupid' for you." he grinned, "So, be prepared. I won't change."

"Wha...." She started, irritated that he wasn't listening to her, but he cut her in.

"I am bored and tired of this argument." he said. "Let's re-enact a scene."

Mischievous glint was back in his eyes as he stepped forward. Instinctively, Khushi took a step back, their current disagreement flew out of her head seeing his now-hunger expression. Both traveled back to the Diwali night, the only change was that their eyes now reflected pure love with no dilemma. They continued moving until Khushi was caged between wall and Arnav.

He slid his arm around her waist and pulled close making her grasp his shoulder. Unable to bear his intense gaze, she closed her eyes in shyness. He tucked away the tresses that were teasing her forehead, leaning in, he placed a warm kiss there. His lips still brushing her skin while moving, he dropped feather-like kisses on her cheeks, eyes, chin and nose, which he always found it cute. With their chests plastered together, both could feel the frenzied pounding of their heart.

Sensing no moment from him, she opened her eyes and met with his desirous ones. With his hand fondling her waist, she shivered and stirred more close to him. Khushi knew he wanted nothing more than to kiss her to his heart's content. She wanted that, too, but she was fighting between her love for Arnav and morals she had been taught since childhood.

Suddenly, the way Arnav declared how he was considering her his wife flashed in her mind, and she decided. If he could abide to the customs he didn't believe in just for her, she also could keep aside her principles for him, loving him with no barriers or guilt, and putting an end to her plight. It was at that moment her heart accepted something.

"Arnav Singh Raizada, my husband." She whispered and placed her lips on his, her hands cupping his face.

He was surprised at her sudden, unexpected move. Slowly he registered what she had just called him and smiled against her lips. Being the first kiss for both of them, they leisurely proceeded to explore the art of kissing in an unhurried manner. One arm around the waist and the other angling her neck for more access, he took control of the kiss and soon it turned from a soft, loving kiss to a passionate, demanding one.

Arnav nipped at her lip, causing her to gasp. He ran his tongue in that area, soothing the sting. She parted her lips and gently sucked on his, making him groan and pull her by the waist more close if possible. She was driving him crazy, so was he. They were now fighting for dominance. Khushi moaned when Arnav plunged his tongue into her mouth, intensifying their hot smooching session even up further. Sensing their need to take oxygen, he eased the kiss and parted with some gentle pecks.

He rested his forehead on hers, breathing in deeply. A few moments passed in silence with Arnav and Khushi regaining their composure. He opened his eyes to look at her, but she was still not looking up at him. Recalling the manner she put aside her morals and first initiated the kiss gave him immense contentment that she also loved him as much as he did. His respect and love for her multiplied.

Tipping her chin up, he urged her to look at him.

"This was what I wanted to do that night." he whispered, his thumb rubbing her swollen lips.

Her eyes widened and her pink cheeks turned red. Hitting lightly on his chest, she launched herself into Arnav's embrace.

-##-

•I'm really sorry for taking so long to update.

•Forgive me for this crappy chapter because my brain has been blocked.

I have no idea about the process of engagement in north India. So, I made up my own version of the ceremony including some of my customs. Hope I did not offend anyone.

-##-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.6K 35
This story follows the events when Arnav said to Khushi that, it's all her fault. He wished she never came to their lives.
189K 15.1K 28
They were worlds apart but connected by their hearts since they were young. Now they are together to face enemies even from their own families. Stor...
213K 9.5K 18
As they say, Love passes every hurdles. Is it? Peep in to read how the newly turned lovers passing the hurdles amidst of a vile man, torn sisters, de...
85.5K 9.8K 22
A second chance at life. A second chance for her to put herself first. A second chance for him to win his love back and make his family pay dearly...