Your Match

By reinac_

Just read. More

Meet The Characters
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven
Eight.
Nine
Eleven
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
πŸ’˜NEW BOOK ALERTπŸ’˜
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty- Eight
Twenty-Nine

Ten.

5.6K 227 16
By reinac_

Holding my hand up to my forehead, as I felt the migraine hitting. I was staring intensively at my laptop screen at my AmyahHer Clothing store set up. I have, barely, two weeks before my grand opening and honestly, everything was all over the place.

I've been getting Clarence texts and calls nonstop about our date, but honestly I have no time for that. My store has to be finish by next week and going on a date isn't going to help me get that accomplished.

"This is so stressful," I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Maybe I could help?" He spoke out as he knocked on my door before walking in.

Widening my eyes before moving my laptop over to my desk, as I look up at him. He wore his black tux and he kept it simple with Balmain shoes, with his gold iced out Rolex. The room filled his scent which was obviously some Mr. Burberry Eau de Toilette.

I bit my lip as I closed my laptop, "Honestly you can't."

He eyed me as I made my way from around my desk and went to my file cabinet, that contained my receipts of the shipments that I ordered and supposed to come in by tomorrow. Too bad it won't because it has to restock, which isn't until Friday.

"Bullshit," I mumbled as I shook my head reading over the paper before looking over at him. "Why you here?"

He raised an eyebrow before smirking, "For our date. Duh."

I slit my eyes putting the receipt on the table as I folded my arms, "Well sorry to break it to you,but I can't."

His smirk dropped, "You can't?"

I nodded slowly as if he couldn't comprehend, "Yeah, so if that's all...you could leave." I dismissed.

Taken aback he wagged his finger, "I will not just leave, until you give me a valid reason of why you can't come."

I sighed aggravated," I just can't, Clarence dang. Don't you have somewhere to be?"

He shook his head, "With you, and I'm not getting why you can't come."

Rubbing my temples to relax my nerves I calmly spoke to Clarence, "I have less than two weeks to get my shop together so I have no time for this "date" or anything dealing with outside activities aside from my shop." I snapped.

He tilted his head before smiling widely making me cut my eyes at him, "That's all you had to say."

"Well okay, now you can go. And wipe that dumb, goofy ass smile off ya face!"

He chuckled, "Nah,I wanna help shawty."

I folded my arms, "I think the hell not."

He pursed his lips, "Why not? You could help me out and I can help you." He leaned closer towards my face with a devilish smirk.

I tapped my finger against my lip in deep thought, "What I have to do?"

He smiled and simply shrugged as he folded his arms whilst leaning against my wall, "Working front desk at my hotel while I do business meetings and etcetera."

Scrunching my face up I scoffed, "No thank you. I will not be your worker."

He kissed his teeth, "Come on, it's just for today. And it's as a manager and I'll help get the things you need."

Looking up at the ceiling while biting my lower lip in thought, I weighed my options. Being his worker and having my stuff come on time? Or waiting over my due date for my things?

I looked down and over at Clarence was who eyeing me as I made my decision. I palmed myself mentally before chewing the inside of my jaw, "Deal, but no funny business!"

He smirked as he shot his hands up in surrender, "You have my word."

Walking through the doors of the Clarence's hotel I was in utter shock and awe. It was beautiful to say the least. I was amazed.

"Wow," I said lowly as he walked in front of me guiding me through the big expensive hotel.

I can just tell he was smirking by the way he was walking, I mentally rolled my eyes as I looked around. "Okay, so this the back room." He opened the door and there were two men, in bell hop uniforms, eating their lunch as they watch the game. Their heads shot towards us before they nodded, "Wassup Boss." Their eyes traveled towards me and they begin smirking, but Clarence pulled me towards him and he glared at the two,"If you want this job you'll keep looking straight."

They nodded quickly looking away, "Yes sir."

Clarence nodded and shut the door before we walked to the front to the front desk. There was 4 other people, three were girls and the other was a male. All three of the girls was way lighter than me, and one being white. The other two seem to be a little mixed hencing their hair and their features.

"Good afternoon Mr. Coleman," they said in unison.

"Good morning," He replied as he nudged me.

The girls didn't even acknowledge me as their eyes were stuck on Clarence and I couldn't help but to roll my eyes. "Anyways, this is your manager for the day, Ms. Larsen."

Their eyes look over to me and quickly rolled them. I mean mugged them and Clarence plucked my arm making me hiss. "Play nice," he spoke.

I shook my head, "Whatever just order my things."

I pulled out the papers from under the front desk and slid it towards the lady. "This is indeed the hotel policy ma'am. I'm sorry for your inconvenience but I really can do so little."

She glared at me and started flailing her arms, "Well I would like to speak to a manager!"

I have a tight lipped smile and nodded, "Yes ma'am. Amanda!?"

I looked at the pissed off customer and waited for Amanda to come to the front. Once she did, it look like she was going through hell. "Yes ma'am ? What's going on?"

I smiled and tilted my head, "This nice young lady is having a problem and needs to speak with the manager. Go call her for me."

"Are you serious?" The lady scoffed at how we were playing games.

Amanda looked at me weird and nodded slowly, "Okay, well. Um Miss."

Amanda was a white girl, and she had a bit of body on her surprisingly. She had dusty blonde hair with strawberry blonde highlights that laid in the middle of her back, as she pushed the strands behind her ear.

"Yeah, whatever. Let me speak to the manager NOW!" She slammed the desk.

Amanda scrunched her face up but quickly replaced it with a smile. "Fine, Ms. Larsen there's a problem."

I nodded and walked back in front where I once was. And the lady looked at me with an unbelievable expression. "What type of games are you playing? I want the manager."

I nodded , "Ma'am I am the manager. So what's the problem?"

She bit her lip and stomp her foot, "Don't even worry about it."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Marcus who was ready to start laughing, once the lady snatched her purse to stomp off.

"Wow." Marcus said before laughing, as Amanda exited with an attitude.

"Exactly." I joked and shook my head, putting the policy paper up.

I grabbed my phone out my back pocket to look at the time. 10:30 pm. I grabbed my backpack and look behind me to see Marcus. "Say, watch over the front desk. I gotta go speak with —"

He waved me off smiling, "Sure Z. You know I  got you."

I smiled and hugged him before leaving from behind the front desk. I walked towards the elevator and pressed the top floor, which was his office. I relaxed as the elevator music played and my body weight was lifted up as the elevator begin going up the floors. Once we hit the top floor it made my body jerk down a bit and the doors took a minute to open.

I bit my lip waiting for the doors to open anxiously, and once they did I slipped into something I wish I haven't.

"Are you serious?" I whispered to myself.

I shook my head and looked over at him on top of the lady that's on the desk taking in his lovely deep strokes. I felt a knife slashed my heart.

"Shit baby." He groaned and I felt a tear fall.

I quickly wiped it as I shook my head, "Wow."

Their heads shot up towards my direction and I noticed it was Amanda. My eyes bulged and I shook my head.

"Oh my god." Amanda cried as she picked up her clothes up frantically.

I shook my head at her as she ran towards the elevator to press the button. She looked at me and shook her head, "I'm so sorry Ms. Larsen," before she smirked as she rushed out.

I glared at her and she quickly jumped into the elevator soon as it dinged. "Zay'dira I could explain."

He stepped towards me and I stepped off to the side. "Oh really? Cause I find it quite hilarious that you would try. What's the excuse?"

He scratched the back of his head, "We just kind of—"

I scoffed and looked up at the ceiling , " You just kind of couldn't help it, huh? What is wrong with you? "

" I just like what I like Zay'dira."

I scrunched my face up, "That's bullshit! You asked me to help you out just so you could have time to fuck your employees."

He shook his head, "I would never."

"How can I trust that? Your word means nothing. I hate you! You're so inconsiderate!" I pointed at him and felt the tears leaving my eyes.

He grabbed my arm and I yanked it, "Don't fucking touch me after you be touching these bitches."

He sighed and I stared him into his eyes. "Zay'dira I'm sorry."

I shook my head and walked towards the elevator, "Whatever Clarence, I'm going home. Whatever this was..." I pressed the down button as I gestured between me and him, "Leave it where it was. It's no more of it."

He looked at me and I heard the dinging as the door opened.

"Zay'dira wait!" He said reaching for me but I was already in the elevator and I pressed the 1st floor.

"Goodbye Clarence." I said as the door closed leaving me with the sad expression that was left on his face. I huffed and felt like an asshole.

Soon as the doors to the lobby opened I rushed out heading towards my car. Only to see key scratches on it.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I screamed as I stomped my feet looking over my whole car.

"Black Whore" and "Picky Head Nanny" was written on either sides of my car doors, and I shook my head as the tears came down as I took pictures of my car.

Today just couldn't get any worse. I pulled up to my parents' house and opened the door to see everyone sitting in a circle. My eyebrows knitted into confusion as I witnessed everyone eyes dart towards me as they laid out the paper work before them.

"What's going on?" I asked , confused etched on my face.

My mother shook her head as she read the paper once again. And my father held his hand on his forehead, before letting out a long sigh.

Everyone else looked so gloomy, "What happened?" I repeated looking around at everyone for an answer.

My father bit his lip as he looked up at me while clearing his throat," They trying to shut us down baby."

"They what? They who?" I asked frantically, looking around the room for an answer.

My mother threw the paper across the table, "The Odens!"

I squinted my eyes wondering why that name seem so familiar until my mouth became agape from remembrance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.1K 63
Just read it!!!!.
539 35 8
Just read it!!
248K 3.5K 40
just read ;))