Saving our souls (ON HOLD)

By Sarcastic_truth

" My name is Xion, I have a mother and a father, I am approximately 228 months old,my glass is half empty- th... More

Saving our souls- Prologue
Chapter one- Five hundred and fifty hours.
Chapter Two- FREEDOM!
Chapter three - CATastrophic!
Chapter four- Tarzan partaay!
Chapter Five- Nipples and lies
Chapter five ~ part two. Nipples and lies
Chapter six- Apple antics.
Chapter seven-Routine
Chapter Eight- Rainbows.
Chapter nine- Bob
Chapter Ten - Glory
Chapter 12- stone.

Chapter eleven- Lion heart

71 0 0
By Sarcastic_truth

Chapter eleven- Lion heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I showered and dressed in preparation for tonight. Brushing my teeth rhythmically and careful to wait before sipping orange juice out of the carton, hesitant as I hated the sting of mouthwash and the bitter juice.

 I was actually quite excited The Bensons and all of Monty’s family were going to be there. I was just putting on my freshly ironed Dumbledore boxers (don’t judge ironed underwear feels new and crisp!) When my phone vibrated off the table indicating that I had a text message and that my phone was probably broken now… The text surprised me- I know I should have been expecting a text from Robyn about tonight but I swore this morning she told technology repelled her, so much so she would rather come to visit me to inform me of Monty’s dinner than simply text me. I think it was an excuse for her to see me…I think it was, I hope it was- NO, in fact I know it was.

I memorised the address and then Google mapped the directions. I threaded  suit trousers on and a white shirt,  the skinny tie somewhat strangled me so I yanked it down slightly before glancing nervously in the mirror- I had dressed to impress like Robyn had requested, I looked sharp…I hoped.

I drove through the winding roads I had become familiar with over the past few weeks and located a bold town house-   17 Ingles road. I shut the engine off and its roar died out as I parked it. Then I attempted to smooth my hair back, it sort of flicked stupidly at my ears, I reckon I need a haircut soon.

Just as I raised my fist to knock on the hard wood, the door sprung open, I stumbled slightly. A tall man dominated the porch; He smiled down at me from the doorway shielding the light and warmth of the rooms behind him. I had assuming he was Monty’s father from their similar features.

“Hello” I said, looking into his eyes.

A sharp nose, thin lips but exaggeratedly wide cheeks. Monty however was always clean shaven, though they had strikingly similar eyes that glowed knowingly underneath brooding and pointed eyebrows.  I had probably been staring at the man I forced myself to smile. Rearranging my expression from analytical to ‘human friendly’   smiled slightly, relaxed my shoulders and crinkled my eye seeming at ease. I shook his hand and pushed the odd feeling of familiarity behind me- I had only sensed recognition because he looked so similar to Monty .

“You must be David’s mate, right?” 

David?! Who the….oh I had honestly momentarily forgotten that Monty was just a nickname!

“Yeah, I’m Xion, nice to meet you” I said stepping into the threshold of the inviting aura of the house, following behind him.

“Call me Andrew” he returned squaring his shoulders and heading off further down the corridor

“Oh and they’re all upstairs, follow the noise! Tell them dinner will be ready soon Xion.” Andrew’s Voice was boomed back to me followed by his faraway laugh in return to what I suppose someone had said in the kitchen far below me now.

I jumped up the oak panelled stairs and softly knocked on the door that was slightly ajar as I could hear Monty’s distinct voice. I entered after my reply of non-comitial grunts to welcome me into to what supposedly was Monty’s room.

The room was spacious and quite barely filled the messiest part was the desk in the far corner which was cluttered with essay papers .The largest wall was surrounded by blurred pictures and was adjacent to the massive bed with neatly laid cotton blue sheets lay, as I has presumed Benson was sprawled across it, his limbs looked as though they would be distinctly uncomfortable but I knew otherwise as I heard Benson mutter unintelligibly about goats mingled with his guttural snores.  the floor was wooden , the same fine oak as the staircase and a low glow hung in the room from the lamp propped on his bedside table as it was precariously balanced with various history textbooks from uni which I knew Monty and Benson attended together in London except Benson studied chemistry.

The room was so big, the size was emphasized by its simplicity and lack of well…stuff. It was hard to comprehend the fact that it was also joined to an on suite bathroom with towering glittering mirrors. Round the right bend of the room was a state of the art apple mac computer which filled the room with mumbling hum of music from its speakers.  Monty was  frowning a the screen with a bow tie hanging casually around his now exposed right ear as his hair was all gelled neatly back.

I tugged on the tie “Alright bro?”

Monty shrieked.

“Oh thank god it’s only you!  You nearly induced my heart failure!”

“Oh cool, nice to meet you too” I returned reaching our my hand to mess his hair –

 “Don’t you even try it you mother f-“   Montys rude retort was cut off from a clattering sound from within the bath room.

“How dare you even think about swearing in the presence of lovely young ladies!” Robyn said, her chin pointed overly proudly in the air with the true imitation of a stuck up cow I snorted and turned my head to follow Monty’s steady gaze.

The embroidered bodice defined her curves and the billowing chiffon left it all to the imagination. The bottle green gown contrasted so beautifully with her divine creamed skin now highlighted in the most delicate rose blush at our attention she patted her hair nervously into place, though not a strand hung out rebelliously - as it was twisted back into a sleek twist at the nape of her long, kissable neck.

A small clumpy hand invisible to Robyn tugged at the back of her dress causing Robyn to contradict her air of momentary grace by stumbling. With odd lightning speed I found my arm wrapped firmly around her torso holding her inches from the mahogany floor. Her rose bud- lips parted from the shock of the moment and her sweet breath mingled with mine as my face was close enough to if I moved it only a fraction closer I could have kissed her lips till they chapped.

 A little hand seemed to tug at her again, destroying the moment yet I maintained eye contact with her as I pulled her to stand her upright. We both released a barely audible sigh as our contrasting eyes; mine grey and hers gold portrayed our secret battle.

A practised smile graced her full lips as she took a steady step back, with a measured breath she pulled a chubby arm from the left of her. It seemed appalling but yes, I hadn’t even noticed the little girl whom accompanied Robyn.  I turned my head towards the bed trying to ignore Benson’s accusatory ‘look’

I guess he woke up.

Robyn’s snorts of musical laughter shifted the air and I couldn’t help but grin at the comical sound.

“This is Grace, say hello!”

The little girl she pulled from behind her clutched a battered stuffed like it was a life-line. She had bright blue eyes and brimming cheeks. Grace had the exact same raven hair as Monty but it was bunched in little braids tied with pink ribbons at the side if her head.

I crouched to her miniature level and looked her in the eyes grasping her tiny sausage fingers in my hand, she was so delicate and small she made me feel like a giant.

“Hi Grace, I’, Xion, you look lovely I love you fairy outfit”

She nodded vigorously and her cheeks reddened adorably “ Xi-xi. I know, Robyn tolds me all about you!” I smiled at her lisp

“Is that so! What has she said?” I said eagerly

“I’m a goog girl so I’m not tellings you” she said turning to beam proudly at Robyn

“Aww, no fair Gracey!” I pouted indignantly

She giggled and bounced delightedly, her wings flapping wildly

“Come on guys I want to dance and show daddy my fairy costume!” she grasped my hand more confidently now her small frame was surprisingly powerful as she dragged me downstairs, the others following behind I turned my head tentatively for advice; I hadn’t much experience with kids.

The each nodded, or grinned reassuringly! And Monty smiled evilly ‘heehehe’ he giggled like the child catcher “she likes you, you’re not going anywhere!”

He took Robyn’s slender hand to help her down the stairs, and I turned away to answer Graces bubbling chatter about ‘Leo-poo her teddy’

We entered a marbled tiled hall alight with merry men and women dressed in their best tuxes and sparkliest ball gowns. Soft classical music accented the dozens of conversational gossip. 

Masses of people hazed my horizon, and I was nervous…the last time I had been to ball, was a long time ago, my father held many not unlike this…

Grace squeezed my hand firmly the others seeming lost behind in the crowds now.

A heavy hand clapped my shoulder holding us back

Andrew, Monty’s father gave me a quizzical look with his piercingly eyes, then he noticed his five year old daughter by my side and the calculating expression disappeared from his face replaced by a tight smile and frown. Now I don’t know how it happened but Robyn, Monty and Benson seemed to appear from nowhere casually flanking my sides, but I could sense their unease, and immediately my back straightened as Grace pressed her little face to my leg.

“Grace?” Andrew like I had done earlier bent to her level and spoke as though strained

She didn’t answer; she cringed away from her father

“Grace, I told you not to wear that”

“Wear what daddy?” she said in the quietest voice I had heard her use since I had met her. Her clumpy finger dropped from the stuffed lion’s neck to cradle her gold bracelet

Andrew walked away; apparently we were dismissed so he abruptly left elegantly to discuss this evenings wine choice.

I know a fairy costume wasn’t all that ridiculous for a five year old but like I said I didn’t know much about kids, maybe it wasn’t acceptable for a formal ball.

I looked down at Grace as the other exchanged glances.

“Grace, do you want me to tell you a story?”

The raven haired toddler stared at me her ocean blue eyes widened solemnly and tear gathered at the corners, she wrung her hand together the manner to abnormal so aged for a small child it unsettled me.

I felt so helpless.

I picked her up and held her to my chest her wet tears soaked miserably through my blazer, Leo the poop was long forgotten laying cold against the floor.

I shot a glance to Monty and he curtly nodded in return his eyes a hollow void of emotion, I left Robyn furiously biting her lower lip and Benson frowning. I left them and once again for the second time in the evening ascended the stairs with Grace Sobs muffled against my shoulder.

  So so so sorry its been so long, i just dunno whats goign on its exam season and school and prom and omg im really sorry fo rtaking so long to update, ive got this for you its not much its not edited but its all i got , i hope you like it, forgive me, im not sure about the next upload it will be good i swear, i hope, have fun thank you so much, please please read and vote please if you feel this is good enough, anyway PM me if you need a chat i dont mind anyway yeah, this is it

-Mariam xx

Continue Reading