Goalie // Sidney Crosby

Da alittlebitbias

Emerson Rousseau was going to be the second woman to play in the NHL since the 90's. After her four required... Altro

The Beginning
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two

Eleven

4.9K 62 5
Da alittlebitbias

"I'll come and pick you up around 9. I won't be drinking don't worry, someone's going to have to make sure you get home safe:)" -Cpt. Sid

Emerson felt an involuntary smile form on her lips seeing the text Sidney sent her. At morning skate he made sure to get her address and remind her she wasn't getting out of this. Soon after Hagelin came up to her, with a smirk, and proceeded to say, "We don't even get drinks from our Captain!"

Of course it made Emerson wonder why she was suddenly so special, but instead she chose to just brush it off. The two were at least at a friend level, and it wasn't like this was her first time going out with a guy.

"What should I wear?" Emerson called down from her loft bedroom to where Pete was watching TV on the couch.

"When is he getting here?"

"Like an hour!"

"Look cute but casual!"

"Alright I'll try."

Emerson scanned through her closet and drawers trying to think of something appropriate. The last thing she wanted was to be too far over on either side of the casual and dressy scales. This was far from a date but still not a get together with all the boys.

Finally she decided on a pair of boyfriend jeans and a loose white top. It was a comfy shirt that had one of those small pockets on the front. Her hair still had a slight wave from all the braiding she had been doing to it. She didn't feel the need for any makeup.. a pair of converse would work well enough, and now she would need a jacket.

Emerson had plenty of time until 9, but she'd rather just be completely ready to go and wait until then.

She hopped down the stairs to go to the living room one by one. She opened the closet by the door and looked at what her best options on coats would be.

"Wear something light." Pete called over his shoulder.

"Huh why? It's November, it's freezing."

"So then he'll give you his jacket!"

"Pete this isn't a date!" Emerson rolled her eyes as she grabbed one of her old Boston College performance/warm up jackets. Once the jacket was in hand she went and plopped down on the couch as well, "what are you watching?"

"Some show called 90 Day Fiance. Pretty interesting."

"Huh.."

Emerson spent the rest of the time before Sid came to get her watching television and dealing with Pete's dragging questions. He wanted to make sure she had eaten, drank water- for some reason he was thinking that one drink would result in her getting dead drunk. He really refused to listen to her and not blow things out of proportion.

Either way Emerson was excited for tonight.

***

Sidney and Emerson walked side by side in the chilly night air. They had to park about two blocks away from the bar Sidney chose to go to, but Emerson couldn't complain. She enjoyed looking up at his bigger frame as they walked together, him making her feel safe with the looming buildings around them. Cities at night always made her nervous, but right now she didn't feel that.

The warmth of the bar immediately hit the two hockey players bodies as Sid opened the door for them. Emerson thanked him for graciously holding the door, but waited in the entrance for him to be by her side.

"Do you want to sit at the bar or at a high top?" she felt her body start to heat up as he placed a hand on her lower back, leaning down so he could be heard better.

"Wherever's more private I guess."

"Alright."

The bar had a low key vibe, more mature than ones lined with crazy college kids. The atmosphere was perfect in her opinion. Her and Sidney found a place in the back where no one could disturb or recognize them.

She felt comfortable in his presence, in the bar, thankfully not feeling any sort of awkwardness. Emerson was glad they had gotten to know each other before going out like this. And with everyone around them in conversations it allowed no silence in the air.

"So like... what's something that won't kill me?" Emerson looked through the drink menu on the table.

"I mean, I hope none of this stuff will kill you.." Sid chuckled as his eyes were glued to her focused face. He gently reached out and took the menu from her grasp, "you should probably start out with something sweeter if you aren't experienced."

"I'm not. I always tend to be the sober one." she chuckled.

He carefully paged through the lists of drinks where he normally wouldn't look. He'd just stick with a good old beer but he doubted Emerson would enjoy that. "Well, Shandy is basically beer mixed with soda. Screwdriver is vodka and orange juice, which could be too much for you... um, margaritas.. I don't want anything to really effect you since we have a game tomorrow."

Emerson was smiling with her cheek leaning on her fist. She could see how much Sid cared about her well being right now, "the one time I had beer back when I was 17 I ended up pouring it out..."

"What kind?" Sid raised an eyebrow. She was actually surprised he didn't bring up the fact she was underage.

"Sam Adams? Maybe?"

"I've always felt beer was more of an adult drink anyways. And I'm not going to ask about anytime you've drank cause... as a college student there was probably a lot of that being underage and all."

"Best you don't ask then." Emerson shifted in her seat. For a good two years she even had a fake ID so she could get into the night life downtown, "but let's go with the screwdriver. I've never had vodka before."

"You sure?"

"Yep." It sounded pretty good to her in the moment. She knew plenty of people who partied a ton, surely this was something they'd had before, "besides the game is pretty late tomorrow. I'll be fine."

"I won't doubt that." Sid stood up to head to the bar to order the drink, "Though you are starting-"

"Aish just go!" Ems gave him a playful shove in the bars direction with a laugh escaping her lips.

It didn't take long for Sid to be right back. He apologized for leaving the young girl alone, even if it was for a few minutes. She thought it was cute how worried he got, especially as he was the one with a glass of water.

"Let's hope they didn't put too much vodka in or else you're in for a fun night."

"You'll be too.. since you'll have to put up with me." Emerson joked as she brought the glass of light orange drink up to her lips.

Right away there was the sweet orange taste, but immediately accompanied by the strong, bitter taste of vodka. There was a slight burn as the small sip of liquid went down her throat, but it was almost a pleasant kind. This was something she actually enjoyed.

"I'm sure you won't be too hard to deal with. Though you seem like a lightweight... is it good?"

"Yes wow.. like I feel I could drink a few of these-"

"Oh no, halfway through that you'll probably start to feel it."

"I'll take your word for that."

Emerson took her time with the drink, and her conversations with Sidney made that easy. The two talked about things they had in common. She was surprised when he talked a bit about his childhood and then asked about hers. Ems honestly shared some things about her parents probably because she felt comfortable enough to. They joked about what it was like playing as teens, and he wanted to know all about her college career. Emerson enjoyed getting to tell him about her former teammates and all the good times they shared. He seemed very interested and surprirsed by the fact she was so into doing stuff mainly guys liked. And of course in turn he shared some of his favorite moments of being the top star of the nhl- though he'd never put it that way.

"You know, the other day after our game in San Jose you basically led me to believe you've been in a fight before? I'm pretty interested in hearing more about thay."

"Oh well," Emerson sighed taking a drink, "let's say I've ended up with a concussion and a broken nose, and even a black eye.. granted these were separate occasions but still."

Sid coughed in surprise, eyes widening, "really? Jeez Ems I didn't realize you were the type to drop the gloves."

"I swear I'm normally not!"

"This better not be something I have to worry about." she could clearly tell he was joking by the tone in his voice. It made her smile.

"Trust me it won't. Don't think I'd win any fights with most of these guys... but if I get worked up enough I can't garuntee anything."

Sid only rolled his eyes as he drank from the glass of water, "you should take a shot at Chara, see what happens."

"Maybe I will!"

There was the slightest buzz in Emerson's head as she was halfway through her glass. She didn't think it was affecting her thoughts though, she could easily continue to talk.

Soon her stomach twisted in itself as her phone rang, caller ID showing the one name she never wanted to see again.

Gio.

"You okay?" Sid saw how Emerson went from smiling to looking sick. He immediately felt a sudden draw towards her, to make sure she was okay.

"Yah.." she clicked the power button on her iPhone to silence the call, "just someone I don't want to deal with."

"Is it... that guy you told me about last week?"

"Yeah. I thought things were clarified, fuck." Emerson ran her hands through her hair frustratedly. She had been having such a good night out with Sidney and now this was happening.

A shock felt like it ran down her whole spine as Sidney placed a hand on her right arm, "It's okay. Relationships can get complicated."

"Oh trust me, this one was the definition of it.... but let's not talk about it, I don't even wanna think about it."

"Then let's move on."

***

Sidney helped Emerson out of his car so he could make sure she made it into her apartment safely. She was definitely tipsy, and wouldn't stop talking about hockey. He thought it was absolutely adorable, and he'd much rather spend his night with her like this than doing anything else.

Even with her ex calling, he was glad the night turned out so well. He had been nervous with how Emerson would be around him in such am environment. It was like she saw him as a friend and not in such a professional way.

They ended up sitting at that table for a few hours more than he was expecting to. Conversation flowed so freely, he learned so much about the young goalie. He could basically tell anyone about her strange escapades in college with her team, down to am exchange trip she took in high school. Emerson straight up said there wasn't anything she had to hide, she was an open book to anything anyone asked....

Yet the Captain had a feeling that wouldn't be the case if he asked about him. For some reason a sinister bubbling would go from his stomach up to his throat even thinking about it. He wanted to think it was simply the fact Emerson seemed so hurt and the man didn't seem like he had been the most kind towards her. He hadn't been in a serious relationship in awhile, and he was forgetting about all these small feelings.. until now.

The two stood in the elevator heading up to her floor. Emerson was leaning against the wall, eyes closed,

"Tonight was nice Sid. Thank you." whenever she went to walk everything would sway, yet at the same time she was completely with it.

"My pleasure. I'd love to do it again."

"Me too." she looked over at him and smiled. She was definitely tired, he could tell. But the way her long hair framed her pale face made her look so carefree.

He hoped she'd be okay in the morning.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I feel like this chapter was awkward??? Idk I wrote this at 2 am watching south park rip

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

18.8K 171 43
Life as we know it has always been a challenge. It's always been. And usually you have someone to hold you down, be your rock. Someone to help you th...
w 1 t n e s s Da elle

Storie d'amore

393K 6.1K 54
one rookie. one girl. one goal &&& A particularly rough play sends upcoming hockey star Tyler Dewalt crashing through the glass. Disorientated, the f...
102K 1.2K 34
𝒶 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝑔𝑜𝒶𝓁𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒹𝓇𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓈𝒷𝓊𝓇𝑔𝒽 𝓅𝑒𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒾𝓃𝓈.
138K 1.5K 21
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together. M. Holden + S. Crosby COMPLETED - October 13, 2019