his girl

By loobyloo212688

she just finished her surgical degree and a mother to a 5 week old baby. her mum kept a secret from her. she... More

moving to america
meeting my dad
lunch with dad

things are not as they seem!

2.5K 35 1
By loobyloo212688

I've just finished my last day at uni and I'm on my way home so I can change and get ready for work.

I work at a garage and ride a motorbike and matching car and I'm saving up so I can move away when I can afford a house.

When I get home I see all the lights are off so mum must still be out she said she was going to her friends for the day I'm just glad she is feeling better she hasn't been well for the past two weeks but every time I ask if she wants to go to the doctor she tells me she is okay and it's properly just a cold.

I go in my room and change ready for work .

Once done I put my long hair into a pony tail and set out on my bike to the garage.

When I'm their I'm greeted by my boss "morning Bella how are you today?"

"I'm good James how's you?"

"I'm okay how's the little one?"

"She is good has her 6 week check up on Monday. The babysitter has her at the moment and she gets dropped off when I finish work."

"That's good she must be getting big then.  Shall we get on with today's jobs there isn't many to be honest since that new garage opened down the block."

"That's a shame. So which is first?"

He looks at the board and says "the Ford focus needs a service and oil change."

"On it."

So I do the Ford's oil change and service then a check on a BMW and lastly finish the paint job on an Audi. Once done I finish at 7 and go to the office to say bye before I go home

"James I've just finished all today's jobs so I'll see you on Wednesday I'm off home"

"Stay safe Bella"

So I get on my bike but before I leave I ring the babysitter and tell her I finished early and I'm on way home and she tells me she will bring the children home and meet me there.

When I get home she tells me my little Annie had a bottle and won't be due for a little while and had a nappy change and my little 2 year old brother sam should be due for a change soon and that he ate all his dinner.

I paid her, thanked her and she went on her way. When I got in the house the lights were still off and my mum wasn't home so I got the children ready for bed and gave them both a bottle and put them into bed before attempting to ring my mum

First time rings till voicemail

Second time rings till voicemail

Third time a man answers "hello this is Mary Smith's phone"

"Hello I'm Isabella Taylor-smith can I ask who you are and why your picking up my mum's phone?"

"I'm doctor Eric Jones I'm your mother's doctor at QMC I'm sorry but would you be able to come to the hospital right away I would like to speak to you?"

"Sure I'll be there in half hour" I reply before hanging up the phone and getting both car seats ready first I put Annie in hers and grab her baby bag then I get Sam and carry him to the car seat and strap him into his seat and attach Annie's seat to the base unit and drive to the hospital.

When I get there I park in the visitors bay and get my ticket then get out the car and get the pushchair out I pick up a sleeping Sam and strap him in laying him back and I take Annie's carrier out and attach that onto the hooks for her carryseat next to Sam and lock the car walking into the reception desk.

"Hi I'm looking for doctor Eric Jones?"

"I'll page him to come to the reception can you wait for him in the waiting area please?"

"Sure." I walk to the seating area and put the pushchair so I can see both children and check on them. They are both asleep sucking on their dummies I smile at them .

10 minutes later

A man walks up to me and greets me "hello I'm Eric Jones are you Isabella?"

"Yes I'm Isabella but please call me Bella. Is my mum okay?"

"I'm afraid not she was here this morning for a check up to see how she is because of the tumour in her stomach and it seems that she has taken a very bad turn since it has expanded to her heart kidney and liver she was told that she has only a few hour to live a day at max I asked her if I should inform you so you can say your goodbyes but she said you didn't need to see her this way and to only inform you when she had passed."

"A-a tumour? She hasn't told me anything I thought she had a cold for the past 2 weeks and she told me she was going out with friends today?" Tears start to run down my face as I process what he has said then I realised he said she was to only be told when her mother passed does that mean...

She can't finish that thought but she has to know so she asks "has she passed or can I go see her?"

He looks sadly at her "she passed half hour before you rang me I was just finishing her medical file before I was going to call you I'm so sorry"

More tears fall down my face and I ask him "what do I need to do now?"

"She told me to tell you to get in touch with her lawyer and that she already has her funeral prepared you just need to tell the corrinor the date which I can do for you and then sign some forms for me to hand over her body for the burrial."

"Urm... the funeral should be on Tuesday her birthday 22nd August and I'll ring the lawyer in the morning also what forms need signing I can do them now if that makes things simpler."

"That's a good date and you can come threw to the office I have the papers ready for you" I follow him pushing the pushchair in front of me quietly sobbing trying to not think of my mum passing and thinking of what needs doing and of how to look after the children on my own with no support anymore.

When we reach the office he writes the date for the funeral and sets it for 2pm and then I sign the release forms and other paperwork and collect my mum's belongings and thank the doctor for trying to help her then I go and pay for my parking and go home.

The next morning

I go downstairs at 5am once Annie starts crying and make her a bottle then sit on the sofa with the baby monitor for Sam while feeding Annie.

When she is done I burp her and put her in her moses basket with her toys dangling above her and then I make breakfast for Sam I make his favorate pancakes with strawberries and grapes then go and get the little boy and feed him.

By time breakfast and both babies plus myself are dressed for the day it's just past 8am so I call the lawyer and he arranged to come to my home at 10am so I put cartoons for the children on and open the back door in case Sam wants to play outside

When 10am comes there is a knock on the door so I go and answer it. "Morning Mr Brown please come inside"

He takes a seat at the kitchen table and starts talking "I'm sorry about your mother passing she was a lovely woman" this starts my tears again but he carries on "your mother left a will with me about her material possessions and guardianship of Sam I shall read it for you which would you like me to read first?"

"Id like to hear about Sam's guardianship please."

"Very well, your mother has sorted the forms and everything had been taken care of all you need to do is sign a paper with me and you will adopt Sam your mother asked for you to be his mother and for him to call you mum so if you wish for that to happen please sign this form and it will be done." So I signed the form I already love him and I look after him like I do Annie so nothing will change I think to myself.

"Right onto possessions your mother has left all her money which evaluates to billions and she has left both this house and the Holliday home to you but also a house in America that she owns also she left you a letter." He passes me a letter and I open it turn it over and start to read it

To Isabella,
If you have received this letter it means I am no longer here. The reason I never told you about me being I'll is because you would have given up everything to care for me and I didn't want you to give up your life for mine. I have left Sam to you and I want you to raise him like Annie as your own child and tell him the truth when you feel the time is right. I want to say well done for passing your surgical exams I was informed that you can pick up your certificates when you are ready but there is one thing I would like to tell you and it may be hard for you to forgive me for keeping this from you but Tom is not your real dad I married Tom when you was young but your real dad is in America his name is Chibs Telford and the house I have there is in the town where he lives if you wish to meet him I have already set up passports for both children and yourself and the lawyer will sell the house if you wish him too but I want you to keep the Holliday house for vacations but it is your choice also I have arranged tickets for if you wish to search for your real father. I'm sorry for lying to you please forgive me
Mum
P.s. I have gave you a letter for your father please pass it onto him.

I had tears running down my face I just needed to figure out what to do I'm now a mum of 2 children and the man I thought to be my dad isn't and my real dad is in America

Do I go find my real dad or do I stay and pretend he doesn't exist?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 30.8K 49
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐎𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 β˜†|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
1M 15.3K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
1.6M 95.6K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
194K 14K 19
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...