Forever In My Heart |HS|

By Kukie_x

His shell was slowly cracking, and her walls were slowly crumbling. Amelia Skye isn't the typical popular gir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - Forever In My Heart
Chapter 40-The End

Chapter 28

43 5 3
By Kukie_x

For the past four days, all I ever did was sulk. And moan, and groan, and cry, and wail, and- I think you get the deal.

Harry had been completely ignoring me. Even when I went over, he was too nice to shut the door in my face, so he let me in and went straight to his room, completely ignoring me. He absolutely disregarded my presence.

It felt horrible.

The worst part of all this was his facial expression whenever he saw me. It was completely back to square one, and I swear I saw his lip quiver when he looked up at me.

He kept his bag on my seat in school throughout, and his fingers shook while he pulled his hoodie on tighter when I walked by. Whenever I called him, his eyes widened and a deep blush coated his cheek. He'd barely look up a second before his eyes would dart right back to his table, while he fidgeted nervously.

"Oh, for the love of God, Ami." Bianca's hand moved swiftly across my cheek. I groaned, clutching my cheek as I continued to stare at Harry from across the room.

I could only imagine my facial expression right now. Well, that's what I thought.

"Look at yourself, you look like a damn lost dog." Bianca practically screamed, showing me her phone which was on camera.

Man, I looked awful.

And I hoped Harry noticed.

Why was I always so extra? I mean, he would have told me eventually. Why couldn't I just wait it out?

I hated the effect my last relationships had left on me, because it gave me an entirely different outlook on the concept of love. And now, everything scared me. It all came down to me being fucking insecure.

I hated it.

I couldn't possibly lose Harry, definitely not over this. He was so full of life, and joy. He should be comforted and babied for everything wrong that has happened to him, not bullied and called names.

I absolutely hated it.

I couldn't help it when I was on my feet the instant Ross passed by Harry's table, ready to make a move. Ready to scream if it was necessary. Hell, I even clutched my table knife in hand in case someone decided to make the wrong move on him.

Surprisingly, Ross simply walked past him. And I couldn't help but wonder what the hell Harry had on him that could get him to leave him alone altogether.

Harry stood up with his tray, he'd barely eaten a thing, and placed it in the bin. He nodded at Liam, and when he turned the corner to leave the cafeteria, some guy shoved him.

Instantly, I was on my feet screaming,"Hey. Leave him alone."

The boy snickered, grabbing on to Harry's hoodie and pulling him closer, but when Liam and Louis walked towards with clenched fists, he seemed to lay off a bit.

"Dude, back off of him." Calvin shouted, and that was all it took for the guy to scramble away. I sighed, looking up at Harry to see him looking at me. But as soon as our eyes met, he looked down, brushing his baggy jeans lightly and rushing out of the room and away from the attention.

I sighed softly, sitting back in my seat. I had no idea how to fix it. I mean, I'd already had his mum get him a car. What else could I do? Buy him a house?

"Calvin," I breathed as I placed my hand on top of his,"Calvin, you have to help me." I whispered quietly. And, he gave me a sympathetic smile with a small nod, enough to tell me he was completely on board.

When I walked into my next class, my eyes automatically darted to my now usual seat, which I hadn't been in for the past few days.

I missed it.

I missed him.

I missed the way he'd flinch when I placed my palm on his thigh during lessons. I missed the way he'd flinch as I ran my fingers along his arm while he tried to focus. I missed the way he'd shiver when I touched him, and write me a note saying I was distracting him.

I missed the way his eyes shyly moved up to mine, the green in them. All I could see was his hoodie now, and it wasn't hard to understand how I never noticed him back then. Back when he didn't matter to me.

Hell, I even missed his house. I missed the way we'd play basketball, one on one. I missed the feeling of his lips against mine. I wanted to go so much further with him. But with Harry, I was willing to wait. Though, the feeling of not having him for the past few days, even if it was just to hug him, has escalated my need for him by a mere million.

I missed those moments when his silly facade would break as I kissed him, and he'd wrap his arms around me and push me against a wall. When his fingers would lightly trace my spine, and he'd back away with wide eyes when I moaned. I missed the sight of his blush when his fingers accidentally brushed my chest.

And I missed his smile, his dimples, his laugh. Fuck, did I miss Harry.

That was all I thought of as I stared at him from across the room. And for the first time in the past few days, the seat beside him was neither empty nor occupied by Liam.

This time, it was Ellen.

The sight of the bitch made me scowl automatically, and I was pretty sure with the rate at which I was going, that I was simply going to glare holes through the back of her head for the entire lesson.

"Miss Skye?"

I tore my eyes away from Harry, turning to the teacher. My eyes darted around the entire room, curious eyes gazing at me expectantly. Bianca? Bianca was no help. The girl was drooling on my arm beside me. I winced and pushed her face off, facing the teacher again.

"May I help you?" My head cocked to the side, and I frowned lightly when giggles erupted from the lips of most girls, the boys simply chuckling lightly.

"Question six, Amelia. To the board, please?"

To be quite honest, my textbook wasn't even open. I had no idea what topic we were treating, or even the page it was on.

I walked steadily to the front of the class, glancing at the old man staring at me. I grabbed a book from a girl who sat in front, and she seemed to sit up straighter when I murmured a 'May I borrow this?"

For the first time this week, I could actually feel Harry's gaze piercing into my back, and when I turned to look at him, he didn't even bother looking away.

I sighed softly,"Question six, you said?"

The man nodded and I frowned lightly, my eyes scheming through the book until I landed on the sixth question. I confidently rewrote the question, reading through a few times.

Then,"Yeah. This is as far as I can go."

The class broke into fits of laughter, and I looked to see just Harry staring at me with an
intense gaze. I wasn't sure whether it was me they were laughing at, or rather the fact that I couldn't answer the question, but either way, I was no where near embarrassed.

Hell, I wasn't even trying. I was just not in the mood. But when my eyes met Harry's a second time, he furrowed his brows and nodded towards the board with a small smile.

It didn't take long for me to notice it was one of the topics we had already covered during tutoring, and I sighed. Honestly, I just didn't feel like thinking. I rolled my eyes as I worked out the problem on the board, turning to the teacher and handing the marker over.

"Next time, pay attention, else you get a detention." He said, seeming disappointed with the fact that I'd gotten it correct.

"Excuse me, I got it right, didn't I? So what makes you think I wasn't paying attention?" I shot back, walking to my seat. I looked at Harry, but this time, he didn't look at me. He just watched his table with a proud smile.

It gave me butterflies, and overloads of satisfaction.

I was going to make things right between us.

The rest of the day passed by swiftly, and I was running to Calvin to make sure everything was right. The look on Harry's face when Calvin approached him had me cracking up, but then it changed from surprise. He looked genuinely terrified.

That just broke my heart, because I knew Harry did have cause to look so scared.

I gave Calvin a thumbs up as I watched the pair from my car, and he nodded lightly at me.

I scrambled to my feet when I heard the car pull up, my eyes schemed over the room to check if everything was in place.

Flowers, food, I turned the tv on. I said a silent prayer, only hoping that Harry would see my efforts and accept my apology.

I heard their muffled voices, before the door was pushed open and Harry stepped in with his hoodie off.

"A-Amelia?" He questioned softly.

I sucked in a breath,"Harry." I started,"Before you say anything, just please. Watch this." I grabbed his hand and moved him over to a couch. His steps were cautious, but at least he didn't bolt.

"Okay, I should-"

"No," Harry screamed, making me flinch at how desperately he didn't want to be alone to me. He looked at me sympathetically, and bit his lip, and I sighed while nodding.

I pressed play, my eyes on Harry as he watched with confusion etched in his eyes. They were pictures. Pictures of Harry and I, pictures of quotes, pictures of things I had written just now. 

I smiled at the picture of Harry shooting a basketball, and I looked to see him with a soft smile. There was a picture of Harry frowning, while I stuck my tongue out and ate, imitating the way he ate. There was a picture of Harry covering his face while I took a picture of us. There were tens of pictures where he didn't even realize I was taking pictures. There was one of Harry and Anne which I'd taken only a week ago. There was the picture from our first date, as he watched the waterfall, when we had our first driving lesson, even a picture of me tickling him while he squirmed beneath me.

I bit my lip as I turned to him, watching his reaction. Harry's cheeks were rosy as he turned to me, and a smile pulled at his face.

"You mean so much to me, Harry. I'm so sorry about the other day. I miss you so much, you have no idea. I mean, if Calvin is here, you should know how much you mean to me." I chuckled, and Harry giggled softly. "I'm so sorry, Harry. Could you forgive me? Because I can't do this anymore, it hurts." I whispered.

"Of course I forgive you, Amelia. I'm sorry for overreacting. It's just- I hate being branded as different, you know?" He shook his head,"I promise to tell you soon."

"It's okay, Harry. Whenever you're ready," I whispered and cleared my throat,"Harry Edward Styles," I stood,"I hate it when Ellen looks at you, and I hate to even think of anyone else looking at you like that. And, I've never felt so much for anyone before. But, this nerd has definitely captured my heart, so Harry, will you please be my boyfriend?"

By now, I was stood directly in front of him, with a huge smile on my face. But that smile was wiped off immediately he uttered the next word.

"No."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 654 39
If there's one thing Suzy Lestrange is hoping for, it's getting through her second year of university without a hitch, so that she can spend her thir...
4K 63 42
This story Is about a girl named Jessie Myers who meets an old bad boy (aka) Harry Styles from there high school, then her life changes completely b...
353K 8.2K 59
They went to the same school. She was just like any other normal teenage girl in high school. He on the other hand wasn't like any other teenage boy...
Strong By AM

Fanfiction

593 72 26
Amelia is inexperienced in many things some things she cant learn by herself so she goes to the one person who does... Harry styles. When she's havin...