Viscous Cycle

By BubblyBubbled

From the time kids are young, they say monsters can't hide in the closet or under the bed. What they never te... More

• Playlist •
• Long Time No See •
• That's What You Do •
• No One Is Worthy •
• We're Not Finished Here •
• This Being My First •
• Never Leave Us Alone •
• I'm Starving For Affection •
• Not In The Mood •
• Heck If I'll Stop •
• A Little Bit Longer •
• Whatta Serious Smoke Show •
• For Real Right Now •
• I Thought I Did •
• There You Go Again •
• In A Good Place •
• Couldn't Get Any Better •
• Too Tired To Move •
• Amazing Cherry Berry Blast •
• How Did You Know •
• Like Hell You Will •
• Epilogue •

• Take My Word Seriously •

5K 154 195
By BubblyBubbled

"What happened last night?" a very groggy, extremely hung over Adrien asked. He was cuddly tucked in her bed with mass amounts of fluff around his body. Marinette was seated on her lounge chair, reading a magazine. She snickered. "You blabbed just about all of my personal secrets to Alya and Nino."

His eyes widened, instantly becoming guilty. "I'm so sorry, Mari! I didn't mean it! You know how I get when I'm drunk!" Flipping over to the next page with an arduous racked, she raised an eyebrow. "Adrien, I'm very, very serious when I say that I don't want you getting drunk again. You're not a nuisance, you're actually kind of cute, but I care about your health, and drinking your way to Sunday ain't gonna cut it. Understood?"

Nodding vigorously, Adrien agreed. "Now, as for what you told our friends..." He swallowed heavily. Wishing she had somehow forgotten about that, he hoped she would be kind about it. "Thank you," Marinette quietly breathed, seeming relieved.

"W-What?" Adrien asked.

"It would have killed me to keep it all a secret, so thank you. I hate the way you did it, but it needed to be done." Readjusting to sit upward in the bed, Adrien spoke. "What exactly did I even say to them?" Closing the magazine, Mari stood up from the chair and kneeled down next to the bed. Her hand reached out, scrubbing at his messy, yet enticing blonde locks.

"About losing our virginities and my rain cloud tattoo."

"I'm so sorry! I'm such a jerk. Here you are, keeping all of my embarrassing tattoos a secret, and I talk about yours as if their something as casual as the weather. I'm a piece of crap," he crossed his arms, clearly furious with himself. Adrien was now out of reach. Somehow, touching his soft skin made just about everything go away by Mari's usually high standards. Quickly readjusting herself, Marinette sat down on his lap, facing him, foreheads, and every other part possible touching each other.

Her fingers tangled into the hair that laid on the nape of his neck. "It's okay, really. Let's just keep the remainder of our sex life between us, please?"

He snickered. "What sex life? We've only had it once, as amazing as it was." She gazed into his eyes with a glossed over appearance, indicating lust. He was fast to shut up, fast to kiss her too.

Sometime between passionate kisses and tongue tangles, Adrien shoved her to the side of the bed, sprinting to the bathroom. The poor boy was sick, tossing his cookies into the toilet. Mari sighed, not getting one moment of rest without any incident. When she found him, his head was leaning over on his knees, looking beyond weak.

Adrien sat up, trapping the girl with his confused gaze. "I'll make this up to you, I swear." Soft smiling, Marinette knelt down beside him. "It's really okay, Adrien. I don't want to put you out," she whispered, rubbing his back gently.

"That doesn't instill much confidence in my abilities, My Dear." Adrien began dry heaving again, throwing up into the toilet he was seated next to. She breathed heavily, rolling her eyes at the sickly boy. "It's hard to take you at your word when you seem to be chunking your guts out, Lovie."

Removing his face from the bowl, Adrien scowled at the dark haired girl with half lidded emeralds. "Always, always take my word seriously. I don't lie," he seethed, pulling Mari closer to his bent body. "Whoa there, Pukey Face! If you're planning on kissing me, finish removing your stomach contents and then find a breath mint."

Winking, he did just as he was told.

When the two had cleaned themselves up, they established a time in which to go out together. He instructed her to wear a formal, mid-thigh length dress with heels for the occasion. She couldn't believe the slimy boy had convinced her into an aching pair of easily weaponized stilettos. Nevertheless, there she was, all done up from the crown of her head, to the tips of her toes. Her nerves were high strung, awaiting on Adrien to come pick her up.

Of all nights, Marinette's parents were out on a date night if their own, leaving the dark headed girl by herself in the living room. She twiddled her thumbs, anxiety growing into worrying doubts that Adrien would go back on his word. All of this conspired, despite him assuring her that he has never, nor will ever speak deceptions.

As Mari traditionally did, she was eating a snack beforehand. Greasy potato chips crumbs coated her fingers when the doorbell rang. When she stood up, she dusted her dress off, removing stray food particles. She opened the door to the most attractive sight she'd seen in her whole life.

"Looking dapper, I see Princesse," Adrien greeted, wearing a dashing tuxedo and jacket with a striped necktie. He pointed to the chip bag in her hand, mouth stuffed full and leftovers hanging on her chin. Mari felt embarrassed, throwing her salty snack onto the nearby table and fixing her appearance to be presentable again.

While she was busy, he pulled out yet another carton of juice. "When are you going to run out of flavors?" Marinette asked, unbelievably. "I'll run out when my love for you does. Spoiler alert, I'll never stop loving you."

Feeling warm and fuzzy, Mari took the grapefruit juice and quickly placed it into the refrigerator. She clomped back to the foyer where her handsome, green eyed date was standing. "You wanna know something?" Marinette inquired.

"Anything."

"I think I just might love you juice-loads, as well." His eyes misted, gathering tears in his lower lid. A happy smile graced his overjoyed face. "Really?" he quizzed.

"Truly and honestly, Creep. Now let's go, those chips can only hold me over for so long." Shaking his head and refocusing, Adrien regrouped. "After you, M'Lady."

Once thy both got outside, Marinette was confused. "Where's the bike at?" He smirked, knowing he would catch her off guard. "I took my truck instead, I hope you don't mind," he said. She grinned at him widely, not minding the switch for one night.

To say that their second date was her favorite date would be a humongous understatement. The odd couple enjoyed a movie at the fancy, downtown marquee, where they feasted on the dine-in experience the place offered.

Eventually, they wound up at an outdoor basketball court in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a park or recreational area of sorts. He continued to drive, jumping the curb. "What the hell are you doing?!" Mari asked, shouting in a tizzy. "I want to park on the court! I saw something really romantic that I want to try with you and I need to be on the blacktop."

"You're crazy!" she giggled at his sweet cuteness. Once he was satisfied with where the truck was, he parked it, slamming the stick into the top of the gear shift with little care, and loud noise. "Come on!" Adrien ushered her out of the car as he held the passenger door ajar for the girl.

"Oh! I almost forgot!"

Frantically, the blonde haired boy skipped unevenly to the driver side, cranking the radio up loud and rolling the windows all the way downward. He made his way back to Mari, holding her close, offering one hand to her, the other settled itself on the small of her back.

"And now we dance."

•••••••

I was tagged by the one, and the only, DipStick45 !! Cue lighting, and action!

Dear Ex- You don't exist yet, and I hope you never do.

Dear Self- Find an excuse to wear the mauve velvet (did I mention backless) dress you just bought. Then the world will be conquered.

Dear Mom- I know I'm broke your heart by moving out, but thank you for being my biggest supporter.

Dear Dad- Did you remember to turn out the garage light? It costs money, ya know.

Dear Crush- Maybe when you return from twelve hours away, you'll start to show an interest in me. Who knows?

Dear School- Thank you for the opportunity to further my degree in Psychology. Knowledge is indeed power.

Dear Sibling- Don't tear my leftover closet apart! I'll be home soon, and keep it in rainbow order, will ya! P.S. I love you.

Dear Past Me- Do not, under any circumstance, get your hair cut like Debby Ryan from Suite Life On Deck. Future you from seven years later is always haunted.

Dear First Love- Even though you have yet to find me, when you do I'll be glad that I had never loved anyone else before you. Also, please be taller than I am! I know it's hard since I'm a skyscraper, but a girl can always dream.

Dear Future Me- Please refer to the baby name list in your notes. Shame on you if you don't.

Dear Best Friend- Thank you for being down to be spontaneous. And for spilling your cup full of water at a restaurant, drowning everyone around.

Dear Future Child- Your great grandparents may have screwed up, but our family lineage begins anew with Nana and Papa. Also, I love you more more than you love me. It's a fact and not up for discussion.

Dear Person I Hate- Did the amount of soap in the dispenser matter to you so much that you haven't talked to me in six years? Apparently so.

Dear Person I Love- If you love me as much as you claim, you'll know which color of candle I always gravitate toward. Just sayin'.

Dear Ex Best Friend- Thanks for allowing me to break the national record for counseling visitations by an elementary student in one week.

Dear People Who Hate Me- I've never given any ammunition to a person to hate me, but if I have, talk to me. I want to reach out and help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 423 18
When Chat is out on a late patrol, it starts down pouring. He lands on the balcony of Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and stays with her until the storm lets...
30.2K 785 60
After breaking up with Luka, her feelings for Chat Noir start to come alive. However, she doesn't know that her lover, is actually her old love-Adrie...
167K 3.2K 42
Cover by @mariexhood It's been a few years since Adrien and Marinette met their kwamis and now it's time for college. Adrien is chosen as Marinette's...
91.5K 2.7K 19
Adrien never found fault in his lifestyle. Sure, never glamorous or exciting, but he was fine with his mellow ways. All until a girl with midnight ha...