Game of Insomnia | ✓

By pillowsonfire

[BOOK ONE] A Final Fantasy XV, VII and XIII Crossover °°°Noctis' childhood friend, the Healer, had died afte... More

n o t e
Chapter 1: Alpha
Chapter 2: First Talk
Chapter 3: Time Has Come
Chapter 4: A Voice
Chapter 5: Once More
Chapter 6: Etro's Blessing
Chapter 7: Fire and Water
Chapter 8: Meeting the Prince
Chapter 9: Moment of Truth
n o t e
Chapter 10: Summoning the Glacian
Chapter 11: Oblivion
Chapter 12: Fighting the Draconian
Chapter 13: Revelation
Chapter 14: Memories
Chapter 15: Meeting an Old Friend
Chapter 16: Celebration
Chapter 17: Sephiroth
Chapter 18: Evil
Chapter 19: The Ring
n o t e
Chapter 21: The Astrals
Chapter 22: In the Empire
Chapter 23: Attack
Chapter 24: The Tunnel to the Empire
Chapter 25: Possession
Chapter 26: The Death of Ravus
Chapter 27: To The Rescue
Chapter 28: An End to Begin With
Chapter 29: Merged Souls
Chapter 30: The Astral Realm
Chapter 31: Arrow of Death
Chapter 32: Omega
Sequel?
Crown King: Return of the Labyrinth

Chapter 20: Abducted

281 17 2
By pillowsonfire

This is a flashback of what happened after you revived King Regis

|Your Point of View|

His voice kept calling on my name. It took a while before I was fully awake. I thought I did not succeed with the spell, but it miraculously worked out. I saw the king sitting on the bed, with his hand set on Noctis' hands. I glanced upon Noctis. He was probably amazed of what just happened.

"I... I didn't know it would happen," I stuttered, also amazed that I just brought back King Regis from his deep slumber.

"(Y/N)," Noctis sets his hand on my shoulder. "Thank you. I. . . I don't know what to say. . ."

The truth was there. I also didn't know how to respond, but the words eventually went out of my mouth, "Your welcome."

"Thank you, dearest Healer. I owe you my entire life," King Regis sets his hand on my shoulder. "I am glad that you came back after many years."

I managed a smile, glancing upon Noctis. "Your Highness, you should be thanking your son for all of this. He's the one who re-opened the Game of Insomnia."

The King widened his eyes. He stared at Noctis. In his eyes, I could see that he was overwhelmed, instead of being angry towards him. "Noctis, my son. . . Did you. . .is it true?—"

"Yes, father," Noctis looked down. Yet he was determined.

"Well," King Regis grinned. "Then, I guess you really are determined and ready to take the throne."

Noctis grimaced. "But father. . ."

"Son, do not think about what will happen in the future. Yes, there might be someone who will. . . " The king trailed off, but he took a deep breath. "I want you to live the life you want. But taking the responsibilities of a King— you should."

"You don't understand." Noctis said.

"Noctis, I am too weak to rule the kingdom. My powers are starting to weaken, too. If there is one who will take the throne, it is certainly you. You want peace, don't you?"

Noctis swallowed. "Yes."

"Then do what is right. I am counting on you, okay?"

"Right. Father, please. . ." Taking his father's hand, he whispered. "Please don't die. You're all I have."

I cleared my throat. I realized I had been silent, watching them the whole time. "Don't worry Noctis," I said. He turned his eyes on me. They were electric blue, and I had no doubt he was lonely of what may come next. "I'm here with you, too. Cloud, Tifa, the rest of the people who'd been with you from the very start. We got your back."

He stared at me wide-eyed. For the first time, a tear rolled out of his eye. Then, a smile was there in his face.

It was a happy reunion at last.

I thought it will be, but we were wrong.

The huge door behind us exploded into ashes. Magiteks lined up, marching towards us with their guns loaded, ready to kill. Noctis and I stared in horror, seeing the familiar face we once saw before. That face. . . it reminded me of the painful days in Tenebrae.

Niflheim attacked. No one survived except for King Regis, Noctis and I.

"LUNA!" Noctis shouted, reaching out his hand to her. He was carried by King Regis, as I ran with them. Nyx held my hand. Luna was too far away from us.

Explosion was everywhere. The whole kingdom of Tenebrae was destroyed. Blazes and screams of people were everywhere.

I looked back.

Luna had stopped running. She stood there, with a blank face. "Go!" Her voice reached to us.

I wanted to stop, run to her and pull her along, but she was too far. The magiteks were near, yet I couldn't let her die. "Luna!" I panted and stopped running. Nyx's hand seemed to pull me in control but I managed to resist.

"What on earth are you doing?!" Nyx shouted at me. He was furious and tried to pull me. But as long as I had the power, I can control my strength. I looked into his eyes.

Leave. Take care of the King and Prince. I thought.

Luckily, he let go of my hand and ran. Noctis stared at me in shock. He was helpless, unable to stop me.

"Why don't you run, little girl? Run with them. You don't want to be killed, do you?"

I turned around.

"Ravus," I said. He stood with Luna, who glared at me. She was definitely mad at me. They were surrounded by a troop of magiteks, who had their guns pointing at me.

"See, what did I tell you, Luna?" Ravus snickered. "This stubborn brat chose to stay and save us. But look! Even if it means a little girl like her definitely has no match towards a battalion!"

"Don't you dare underestimate me, Ravus," I snarled. Without a few seconds, I summoned crystalline swords surrounding me.

Ravus sneered. "I guess I'll have to dispatch a little alec then." He gestured towards me. "SEIZE HER!"

Now, he said the same words. The magiteks stepped forward, loading their guns with deadly bullets.

What is he doing here?! I thought, my hands reaching down to the dagger hanging beside my belt. "What are you doing here?!" I demanded.

A tall guy in white stood before them, with that mischievous grin on his face. The weapon in his hand gleamed, lusting for blood.

"You. . ." Noctis growled. He summoned his sword, but his father stopped him.

"Noctis, leave it to me— "

"No, father."

"Orders from the King, young man. I do not tolerate fighting your future brother-in-law within the palace premises— "

"You do not tolerate," Noctis slightly hissed. "Is that even a proper order to obey? Look what they've done to us. To every living thing in Lucis!"

"Ah, Prince Noctis. Once a rebel, Always a rebel. Do you think that your stubbornness will lead you to defeating the Imperial Army?" Ravus said as he took a step forward, drawing his weapon.

I stepped forward and quickly drew my sword, which pointed towards him.

"Ah," Ravus chuckled. "We meet again, punk. I thought you were dead."

I gritted my teeth. "You know I've defeated you once before. Now you've come to challenge me again, isn't that right?"

"Oh, you're very wrong about that, kid. You see, I don't actually take any interest in you," he glanced at King Regis. "and this weak old man."

"Shut up," Noctis glared. "Don't you ever lay a finger on my father. You know what's gonna happen if you—"

An arrow suddenly shot Noctis at his side.

Crap.

"NOCTIS!" I ran to catch him, but an arrow hit my thigh, causing me to feel dizzy.

"Get them. I don't want another mess in here," Ravus stormed off along with most of the magiteks.

I watched them walk off, whilst two soldiers carried both of us, making the world black.

|Third Person's Point of View|

Regis held his arm high. He could've done so much better. The Imperial Army took two of the most important people in his life. Now he had to get them back.

The ring shook, causing the last standing magiteks to explode.

He stood up with his might, dueling with the rest of the soldiers. Unfortunately, he was too weak than he ever imagined. A dagger slashed across his left. The blood trickled out, sending him down to the floor.

"Shall we kill him?"

"Go ahead."

The soldier held his sword high. Regis closed his eyes.

He tried.

"Wait. Someone's coming," the man blocked the other soldier. "We'll get the king. Ravus wants nothing left behind."

"Sir, he's too powerful. I don't think he's an enemy," another soldier said.

"What do you mean?"

"Cloud Strife."

The name had them frozen.

Cloud, the king thought. The Healer mentioned a name Cloud.

Regis watched the Niflheim soldiers run out of the room. The door reformed again, as if it was just an illusion. The footsteps became louder than he expected. Then, there was a whooshing sound.

Before he could move, a blue ray of light streaked into the room. The door opened widely. There stood a young man with his buster sword. He panted, and quickly ran to the king's direction.

"Your Majesty!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Listen By 幸せ

Fanfiction

140K 5K 55
You haven't been one to open up to people well no matter who they are, not since you lost your family to Niflheim invading your home. How your shy an...
182K 4.3K 55
Zodia Xylia Caelum is the younger sister of Noctis. Unlike him, she has suffered from an illness since birth that hinders her from traveling anywhere...
114K 3.1K 24
A young maid learning of the past decisions of her father. A prince discovering the true sacrifices he must make as future sovereign of Lucis. Noctis...
259 1 18
Disclaimer: I only own Serafina Lucis Caelum and Sebastian Nox Fleuret. The story, as well as the characters within belong to Tetsuya Nomura and Squa...