Game of Insomnia | ✓

By pillowsonfire

[BOOK ONE] A Final Fantasy XV, VII and XIII Crossover °°°Noctis' childhood friend, the Healer, had died afte... More

n o t e
Chapter 1: Alpha
Chapter 2: First Talk
Chapter 3: Time Has Come
Chapter 4: A Voice
Chapter 5: Once More
Chapter 6: Etro's Blessing
Chapter 7: Fire and Water
Chapter 8: Meeting the Prince
Chapter 9: Moment of Truth
n o t e
Chapter 10: Summoning the Glacian
Chapter 11: Oblivion
Chapter 12: Fighting the Draconian
Chapter 13: Revelation
Chapter 14: Memories
Chapter 15: Meeting an Old Friend
Chapter 16: Celebration
Chapter 17: Sephiroth
Chapter 19: The Ring
n o t e
Chapter 20: Abducted
Chapter 21: The Astrals
Chapter 22: In the Empire
Chapter 23: Attack
Chapter 24: The Tunnel to the Empire
Chapter 25: Possession
Chapter 26: The Death of Ravus
Chapter 27: To The Rescue
Chapter 28: An End to Begin With
Chapter 29: Merged Souls
Chapter 30: The Astral Realm
Chapter 31: Arrow of Death
Chapter 32: Omega
Sequel?
Crown King: Return of the Labyrinth

Chapter 18: Evil

327 18 0
By pillowsonfire

|Cloud's Point of View|

Before anyone could say a word, the doors opened wide, and there stood a few men, all in dark grey cloaks only showing half of their faces. I realized there was only one man who didn't wear a cloak. He wore a black hat, his reddish curly hair seemed off. "What a mess do we have here," he said slyly staring at Noctis then to me. I noticed that he was somehow interested at me.

"Who is that?" I whispered to Noctis.

He rolled his eyes. "Ardyn. An official of the Imperial Army."

"It's a wonderful night to see you Your Highness," Ardyn bowed and smirked mischievously. "How are you?"

"You again?" Noctis gritted his teeth, scowling and balling his fists. "Didn't I say you and your empire are not invited?"

Before he could even grab the Ardyn, Nyx, a Kingsglaive immediately warped towards our place and tried to stop him. "Calm down, Your Highness," he told him firmly and glanced at me. I gave him no reaction. "They are involved with the Game of Insomnia, so they should be invited."

"Who said?" Noctis asked sharply.

"You signed an agreement with Niflheim days before the game has started, Your Highness."

Noctis stopped and thought for a moment, clearing his throat and stepping back. He looked around. All were staring at us, creating snickers and noises. "Well," he swallowed. "I guess I didn't read the paper well."

Ardyn chuckled. I shivered a little, hearing a deep growl in his throat. "Too bad, for a Prince like you. Your father will be very, very disappointed."

"Like you really care, huh?" He said, irritated.

"You don't want all of them staring at us for the whole hour, do you?"

"Sir."

I turned my head to the right, seeing (Y/N) walking towards us. Before I could react and tell her to stay out of the almost-called hubbub, Ardyn stared at her and got interested. "Please forgive us," she suddenly bowed. I furrowed and wanted to tell her to snap out of it, however, I had no choice but to stay silent.

"Forgive you?" Ardyn maintained his eerie grin. "Well then, you are fully forgiven, young lady." And then he turned to the crowd, "Continue the party! This mess has probably disturbed you, nevertheless, you may now continue your own stuff."

Everybody did. Until I saw the prince clenching his fists. "What on earth was that?"

"Cloud," (Y/N) suddenly took my hand. My heart suddenly beat fast, quickly avoiding her looks at me. "Can we talk for a while?"

"Sure," I told her without any hesitation. We then headed towards one of the pillars, since they weren't any people staying there. It took a few minutes before I asked her, "What are you going to tell me?"

She swallowed, and right after she exhaled deeply. "I'm... I'm planning to accept the service of being a glaive."

My eyes stung. I remembered, she had the potential of becoming a glaive, she has the ability to almost do everything. I knew, it is what I should be proud of. Yet I don't know if this would make a long distance between us, right after the King of Lucis has awaken. "It's... it's your choice. Just... don't think this would ruin our relationship... alright?"

She stared at me. "Lies."

"Lies?" I widened my eyes. "What are you talking about? (Y/N), I'm proud of you. I really am."

"No, Cloud," she said monotonously. "You're not happy. So stop lying, but I have no choice because this is what I want. But seeing you..." she trailed off. I immediately took her hand, squeezing it to stop her from saying it.

"I know," I then let go of it. "(Y/N), follow what your heart wants. Don't think of me because one day, we will see each other again."

"What do you mean?" A tear fell out of her eye.

"This is the last time we'll see each other, (Y/N)." I slowly walked away from her, in the end I found myself running out of the palace, particularly within the courtyard.

|Your Point of View|

"Head right in," Noctis told me. My mind was full of many things— things that made me anxious and lonely. Without hesitation, reviving the King was my decision. It was supposed to be done before, however, there were regrets digging into me.

Right now we were standing before the King, who had his eyes closed for several years. I gaped at the Crown Prince, "Tell me if I'm gonna do it, now."

"Do it," said he without a moment's pause. I gazed upon him in immediate surprise. His blue eyes showed nothing but determination, determination that his own father will wake up again. "(Y/N), I command you to do it now."

My eyes darted on the King, and now I felt like something's rising inside me. Outside the window, I saw the sky full of stars, creating different colors that I thought the Astrals are with me. I then smiled, placing my hand on King Regis' hands, "They're with me, Noct."

I felt him stepping closer behind me. "What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"The Astrals. They are with me."

"They are?" He asked with incredulity. "I... I doubt it. Not all of them are with you, (Y/N). Don't you remember, that there is one Astral god who betrayed?"

"I am aware of that," I told him closing my eyes. I finally whispered the words in Latin, preliminary to hesitancy coming to me.

"Deorum de Cosmos, voca me ad vos. . ."

The room was suddenly filled with light.

"Hic petit salvatorem, Astrals Eois. . ."

A number of figures have flashed into my mind.

"Ante Lucis Ortum est de resurrectione ergo rex. . . Et cito invenire radix ob iniustam facit!"

Fire. Water. Earth. Lightning. Ice and snow. Light.

"(Y/N), (Y/N)!" I heard Noctis calling my name, as I felt my back touching the floor.

|Cloud's Point of View|

I knelt down on the ground, picking up roses with thorns existing within the bushes. The pain, went through me as blood flowed out of my pricked fingers. So as the agony I felt inside, feels like how she chose to leave me.

"What do we have here?" Someone chuckled behind.

I dropped the thorny rose, quickly pulling out my Buster sword and realized that I merely pointed it to no one after turning around. Nobody was there, only me. However, the voice was still there that kept me drawing my weapon. "Who are you? Show me yourself!" I demanded.

"Myself? Haven't I already shown myself, Cloud?"

My eyes widened. All of a sudden I felt goosebumps all over my body. My knees were jelly, and my hands trembled.

That voice... made me feel so sick.

"How come that you know me, huh?!"

"Why, am I not having pity on your problem with the Healer? Oh! Magnificent. She left you anyway, she does not want to stay with you."

"You're a man of falsehood," I gritted my teeth. "a man of nothing but pure hatred."

The voice laughed. I then felt a sudden churning of my stomach after hearing the familiar, strange voice.

"I have no words to say, dear Soldier. Your hero will be leaving for now; but don't worry, I'll come back," he continued to chuckle evilly. "And it will be very worthwhile for you to see me in the most, precise way. Nevertheless, the prince and his beloved friend are in danger."

I slowly lowered my sword. I felt the voice disappearing. "Wait! What do you mean they are in danger?"

"Goodbye, Cloud."

It was too late. But then I pushed away the thought, thinking of finding the two before they would get into great danger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.2K 9
Bound by the royal blood that runs through his veins, Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum is expected to take responsibilities and make sacrifices for the bet...
4.3K 202 22
Enroute to wed his fiancee Lunafreya on a road trip with the commander of the black knights--- Zephyr--- and his best friends, Prince Noctis is advis...
Listen By 幸せ

Fanfiction

140K 5K 55
You haven't been one to open up to people well no matter who they are, not since you lost your family to Niflheim invading your home. How your shy an...
64.4K 2.3K 191
(Book 1 & 2) Prince Noctis of Lucis was a lonely child when he returned from Tenebrae after his wounds had healed. That is until he was befriended b...