True Mates - Editing

By MegaxXxMonster

He rejected her, his mate. He didn't want a human as a mate and even though it was quite rare to have one, he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (part 1)
Chapter 3 part 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Update

Chapter 22

219K 3.5K 554
By MegaxXxMonster

Dedicated to AnubisLuver

_-_-_-_

Oden

Poor girl, I thought as I watched Callie talking to some of the rogues. I knew that today was her birthday; I don’t forget people’s birthdays. But today was not just her normal birthday but it’s her eighteenth. And for a Queen – or anyone of Supernatural royalty – the eighteenth birthday is the most important and most dangerous.

The Supernatural Queen needs to have the blood of every Supernatural species to be able to treat all of them equally. Callie right now has a small amount of each meaning that she has a limited amount of all their powers. Now that she turned eighteen, she will slowly start to gain more and more of those powers. That is why the Final Ceremony is always held immediately after the birthday, they need to bind the blood and powers.

Without being bound by the Final Ceremony, she won’t be able to control her powers; they will start to tear her apart. It is a slow process of course but it will happen. That’s why I’m so against Than keeping Callie here. She needs to get her powers under control and Than is still being his idiot self.

Sure, I am just an old woman and a human nevertheless, but I rose Than like he was my own son. He is not perfect – far from it actually – but he is not a failure either. The only thing that sets Than back is admitting he was wrong or that he made a bad choice. He knew Callie was turning eighteen soon, mind you he is absolutely horrid at remembering dates but he still knew. He knew and yet he still took her to the rogues. I knew that him and Callie had some sort of relationship together in the past but even I knew they weren’t meant to be. Werewolves had mates and they weren’t paired up by fate..

I knew Callie had found her mate since the moment I first saw her enter her bedroom when Than and I had been inside. Her overall aura had changed; it had been more alive. And even if she herself didn’t yet realize it, it changed for the better. I was dearly hoping that she would knock some sense into Than know that she had found what I had learned to be her soul mate.

I watched as Callie excused herself from the people she was currently with and walked over to me and sat down.

“Hey, Oden.” Callie smiled.

“Hello child,” I greeted. “Happy birthday.”

“W-what?” Callie looked startled.

“Don’t worry dear, I never forget a birthday. Although Than on the other hand . . .”

Callie looked slightly relieved but still on edge. She nodded.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to explain what would happen, but she needed to know so that she had to be cautious about her actions until the Final Ceremony comes around. “Callie, now that you’re eighteen, there is some very important thing you need to know about your powers.”

_-_-_-_

Callie

As I listened to Oden explain the situation of being eighteen without my powers being under control, I was a little shocked but not completely taken off guard. I expected something along those lines to happen eventually.

When Oden was finished we sat in silence for a minute before I asked, “What should I do about it?”

“Walk out the front door and go back to the castle.” Oden shrugged.

I scoffed, “Like Than would ever let me do such a thing. He would say no for sure.”

“Then don’t tell him. You need to go through the Final Ceremony as soon as you can so you can not only control your powers but also take over as Queen and help the poor rogues.”

I looked at Oden quizzically,” I thought you hated werewolves.”

Oden rolled her eyes. “The rogues have claimed a soft spot to me. It’s the wolves like the one that I told you about that I met as a maid . . . those are the ones I don’t like. But don’t change the subject. Just quietly go out the back door and when Than notices you are gone I can explain it, don’t worry.”

“Ok . . . how did you know all this stuff about wolves and my powers anyways?”

“I’m kept up to date with the supernatural gossip . . .”

Oden waved me off and I didn’t protest before heading to my makeshift room only to remember that I had nothing there that needed to be brought with me. I walked to the back door and did a quick surveillance for wandering eyes before I pulled on the door to see if it was open. Sure enough it was and I quickly exited the building.

What would Than think when he notices I am gone? What will he do? Nothing devastating I hope. I finally realized that I no longer feel romantically for Than but more like siblings or a best friend. It took a lot for me to come to the final conclusion but I was glad I did. But even with those feelings set aside I still felt bad for leaving without telling him. But I wanted to be in control of myself for the safety of everyone around me.

I guess I was too caught up in my thoughts that I didn’t notice the person watching me until I literally ran face first into them.

“Callie?” I heard the person asked.

I looked up, “Leo?”

-_-_-_-_-

Than

I had been walking around the building looking for Callie when I ran into the mischievous Oden.

“Have you seen Callie lately?” I asked her sternly.

“Yuppers” the old woman replied smugly.

“Where?”

“Not here.”

“Figured as much.” I rolled my eyes. “Where is she?”

“Let me explain.” Oden said and then continued on to tell me about Callie slowly gaining her full powers and then needing to be bound or else she wont have much control over herself.

“Why didn’t she tell me? Has she no conscious? Sure I am the reason she is here and not there but if I was told maybe I could’ve done something! She can’t just leave, future Queen or not.” What would the other rogues in my ‘pack’ think when they find out that Callie just disappeared. Would they put two and two together and realize that Callie is the Queen’s successor. I didn’t want them to hate her, even if we weren’t in a relationship now – and even though Callie made it clear last night that there will be no relationship between us in the future – I still cared about her and what people thought of her.

“You don’t own her, she can come and go as she pleases.” Oden said with a seemingly short fuse.

I gritted my teeth. Don’t get me wrong, I love Oden like a mother but sometimes she just gets on my nerves. I feigned defeat and slugged my shoulders. “How long ago did she leave?”

“Not too long.”

Good maybe I can still catch up to her. It can’t hurt her too much if she can’t bind her powers for a few days.

I walked away from Oden and out one of the doors into the forest beyond. Callie must have been here recently because her scent was still very prominent.

I could smell her scent heading into the pit of the forest and I quickly followed.

I heard a branch snap from somewhere nearby and looked over quickly only to come face to face with the most beautiful being I have ever laid eyes on – let alone imagine.

As I stared into her eyes my inner wolf was only screaming one thing. Mate.

_-_-_-_

I had finished writing this up at my Nationals but had no Wi-Fi to do anything with it.

Who do you think Than’s mate could be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999K 20K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
195K 4.9K 54
⚠️Before you read!⚠️ I wrote this a long time ago, and I'm trying to rewrite it. But unfortunately, I'm experiencing a writer's block It will take a...
2.2K 184 34
I've watched and witnessed the mate bond between numerous wolves throughout the years. Werewolves. We all have a mate. One that is meant to be the...
597K 15.1K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...