The Girl in the Hoodie

By SarcasticallyWitty

{FIRST BOOK IN 'THE GIRL IN THE HOODIE' SERIES} {2014-2018} A girl moved to California two years ago. ... More

THE GIRL IN THE HOODIE
0 {Prologue}
{PART ONE} 1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
{PART TWO} 32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50 {Epilogue}
Letter to Noah
3 Years Later
Alternate Ending
The Foolish Five + Spin Off
WATTY'S 2019

5

568K 26.1K 34.9K
By SarcasticallyWitty

[Chapter five]

I walk in through the school doors, my hood covering most of my face like always.

Normal background sounds like locker doors being slammed shut and people talking ring loudly in my ears.

Just as my mind is processing all the different sounds, colours and smells, someone rams straight into my shoulder, almost making me fall.

"Do you not have eyes in that thick skull of yours?!" I almost shout. "Watch where the fuck you're going!"

The kid -most likely a Freshman- runs away, stuttering apologies.

If you can't tell by now, I haven't taken my ADHD pills.

My so called 'mother' sold them to some other druggie for thirty bucks.

Great mother I have, right?

"Nevaeh, calm down!" Megan hisses.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down!" I snap.

She pulls me away to my locker. "Nev, it's me. Calm down."

I look at her warm brown doe eyes, calming down and making my breathing even. "Sorry, Meg."

She sighs knowingly. "You didn't take your pills, did you."

I shake my head.

"Why not?"

"My--" I cut myself off. "I forgot."

"Nevaeh, you never forget to take your pills." She raises an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Pills for what?" Max's annoyingly familiar voice comes from beside us, saving me from Megan's near interrogation.

Megan looks at Noah, Max and Dylan and nearly faints.

She quickly composes herself. "Her pills for, um, uh--HAPPINESS! Yeah, that's it...happiness..."

"So...drugs?" Max concludes, scratching the back of his neck, his caramel eyes staring into her brown ones.

She gets lost in his eyes. "Y-yeah, drugs." Her eyes widen as she shakes her head. "N-NO! Not drugs! I-uh-um--"

"Lets go, Meg." I start pulling her away. "Before you slip in your drool, faint and make an even bigger fool out of yourself."

"Bye, Nevaeh!" Max shouts from behind us. "Bye, Meg!"

*~*

It's lunch time now.

The three amigos didn't show up to any classes which makes me think they were dealing Eggos behind the school.

If they were Eggo-dealing, I'm going to kill Max for not giving me any.

Like every other day, Megan and I sit outside instead of inside the Cafeteria, my brain taking a bit of time to process all the different colours and smells.

All of a sudden, three lunch trays are dropped on the bench and three idiots sit down. Dylan sits next to Megan and I get squashed between Noah and Max.

"What the fuck do you clowns want?!" I groan.

Everyone stares at me.

"Jeez, Nev, all we did was sit down." Max breaks the silence.

I take a deep breath.

"Look, I'm sorry." I sigh. "I have ADHD and I didn't take my pills this morning."

Meg stares at me in surprise.

I can see why. I don't like people knowing I have ADHD. I don't trust people very easily either because I don't like letting people in.

I guess I trust these buffoons though.

"Oh." Max pops his lips. "Eggo?"

I look down at his outstretched hand which is holding an Eggo waffle wrapped in glad wrap.

I give him a small smile and take it from him. "Thanks."

"Oh my god, she smiled at me!" He cheers. "Nevaeh smiled at me!"

Everyone breaks into their own conversations and I just sit there.

My leg bounces up and down and I constantly tap my finger on the table.

"I have Ritalin in my locker." Noah whispers to me. "You want some?"

"Please?" I whisper back.

"Come on." He nods. We get out of the picnic and stand up. "We'll be right back."

We start walking away.

"Have fun!" Max yells after us. "But not too much fun!"

*~*

"Here." Noah hands me the bottle and shuts his locker. "You can have them."

"Are you sure?" I question.

He nods. "Yeah. Don't need them anymore."

I pop a pill in my mouth, unscrew the top off the water I was carrying and gulp down the pill, everything immediately slowing down.

"Noah, why do you have Ritalin in your locker anyway?" I ask him after a few seconds.

He tenses slightly. "Uh, my brother had ADHD. I always kept a bottle in my locker just in case."

"Oh, does he come to this school or...?"

He stiffens, the slightest bit of sadness on his face. "Not anymore."

Part of me wants to dig for answers, but that could result in him snapping at me, or, well, killing me. He doesn't know my past and I don't know his. Plus, it's none of my business. And I only met him a few days ago.

"Let's get back to the others before they think we did have too much fun." I suggest, changing the subject.

He looks grateful at the subject change and gives me the smallest of smiles.

We walk back in silence and as soon as we sit down, Jenny Lingard -Queen Bitch of the school- struts over.

"Hey, Megan." She smiles.

"Uh, hey?" Megan looks confused.

Obviously. Jenny has never talked to either of us. It's a miracle she even knows her name.

"You never told me you knew Noah, Max and Dylan."

That explains things.

"We didn't up until a few days ago." I pipe up, rolling my eyes under my hood.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." She smiles sweetly, but I can see her eyes narrow slightly at the close proximity between Noah and I.

"I would be cliché and say 'I never threw it'," I start. "But lets be real here. We've been in every class together for the last two years, yet you never bothered to learn my name because your head's so far up your ass."

Dylan's mouth drops open slightly, Max lets out a quiet 'ooohhh', Megan giggles behind her hand, and I see Noah smirk a bit from the corner of my eye.

She doesn't seem to have a comeback so she changes the subject.

"What's under that hood?" She questions with a sneer.

She reaches over to pull it off, but my hands shoots up and grabs her wrist.

"Touch my hood, and I'll rip of your arm and bitch slap you with it." I growl.

She pulls her hand away, scowling at me.

"What's with the hood, anyway? Are you so hideous that you need to hide your face." Jenny scoffs, smirking at her insult.

Megan opens her mouth, but I glare at her from under my hood, making her shut up.

"She's hideous?" Noah questions. "Coming from the bitch who cakes her face. Why don't you eat some of that makeup? Maybe it'll make you somewhat more decent on the inside."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 920 33
How does one act when everyone thinks of him/her as nothing but a bitch? Well that's the case in Aaliyah Bryant's life. Aaliyah has her guards up eve...
81.2K 2.9K 39
She was the girl in the hoodie, The girl who talked to no one, The girl who was always on her own. Some thought she wasn't entirely human, They made...
2.6M 70.6K 49
COMPLETED BUT EDITING ~~~~🌸~~~~ "Look who joined us boys. If it isn't the GG herself." I rolled my eyes and taped my hands as one of the annoying j...
397K 10.3K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...