41

[Chapter forty-one]

-Nevaeh-

I lay in bed with the covers pulled over my chest as I stare up at the ceiling.

What have I done?

My phone starts ringing from its spot on my bedside table.

"Shut your phone up before I throw it in the toilet." Noah's voice grumbles from beside me as he rolls onto his side, facing away from me.

What the hell have I done?

I bite my lip and get up, ignoring the pain between my legs.

I grab Noah's shirt from the floor and throw it on before getting my phone and quickly walking out into the living room, shutting my bedroom door as I answer it.

"Megan?" I speak.

"Nevaeh! Oh my gosh! I had the best night!" She rambles through the line. "Max h—"

"I don't want to know how big Max's dick is." I cut her off. She doesn't say anything for a moment and I pull a face. "You were actually going to tell me how big Max's dick is. What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Everything!" She yells defensively. "Everything is wrong with me! You should know that because everything is wrong with you, too!"

I chuckle slightly. "That's why we're best friends, right?"

I hear her giggle. "Yeah. That's why we're best friends."

I smile before sighing. "Speaking of, I could really use some advice. And by advice, I mean I need my best friend to come back to our dorm and high five me. In the face. With a chair."

"What did you do?"

I roll my eyes. "Just get your ass over here in fifteen minutes."

I hang up the phone and sigh, running a hand through my messy hair.

The messy hair Noah was pulling last nig—

SHUT UP, HOLY FUCK!

I tug at my hair in frustration as I fall back on the couch.

I shouldn't have slept with Noah. I shouldn't have kissed him. I should've just told that I don't like him anymore. I don't have too long left.

I groan slightly as my head pounds.

I need a nap.

I've been feeling weaker and tired all the time. That camping trip probably wasn't the best idea but I couldn't let them know.

Being tired all the time, I'm also starting to sleep a lot. Sometimes when I wake up, I'm not even fully there. The few times Megan's waken me up, I was semi-conscious. Of course she was worried, but I just told her it was a side effect of the cancer. I didn't tell her it means it's coming closer to the end.

Anyway, what do I tell Noah?

I can't be with him. I can't tell him I like him.

I need to let him down easy.

"Carter?" Noah walks into the living room in nothing but a pair of basketball shorts.

"You have a small dick."I blurt out, mentally facepalming myself as soon as I say it.

What the hell are you doing?!

Letting him down easy.

Letting him down easy?! Bro, that was a kick to his ego, the fuck!