Camp Pinewood

By electric_forest

Photographer and horse rider Rowan Miller goes to summer camp for the first time. She makes new friends, and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue (Chapter 23)

Chapter 20

248 11 0
By electric_forest

{Song in video: St. Lucia - Closer Than This}

It was now the last week of summer camp, and I was feeling sad because I didn't know how Josh and I would be in a relationship if we lived so far away from each other. I usually thought ahead of things, but I didn't really know why I didn't do that this time.

I knew I needed to meet up with him to privately talk about that. I could tell he was thinking of it too since he seemed more deep in thought lately.

I stood up from the log, walking alongside the lake by myself, pondering over different things. I went by the water, and slowly swished my hand around in the lake as I stared into my reflection.

Would we stay together in a long distance relationship or will we break up?

"Rowan?" I heard Josh's voice say as I turned around, and saw him walking toward me.

"Oh, hey, Josh," I said, giving him a slight smile even though I felt melancholy.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit down." He gave me a concerned look, putting his arms around me and kissing my cheek.

I sighed. "Well...I've just had a lot of things on my mind lately."

"Like what?"

"It's the last week of summer camp, and I was just wondering what's going to happen to us once it's over."

Josh was silent for a bit, and then he said, "Well, we can always be in a long distance relationship, if you want to of course."

"Of course I'd want to." I sighed in relief. "I was wondering if you were going to break up with me or something."

"No, not at all." He shook his head. "I know this sounds very cliche, but honestly, I've never felt like this before with anyone. Not even with Helena."

I felt my face flush, and I looked down, smiling. A few seconds later, I looked back up. "I honestly feel the same way."

He held me in his arms for a while, and then said, "So how do you want the relationship to work after summer camp ends?"

"We can talk via phone, text, social media, and Skype." I suggested.

"I was thinking the same thing." He smiled. "And we can plan when to visit each other whenever we can."

"Sounds good."

Both of us stared at our reflections in the lake, and then Josh said, "I still need to teach you how to play some guitar."

"Oh, yeah." I almost forgotten about it since summer camp ending soon and what to do with our relationship was on my mind lately.

"Want me to teach you some more?"

"Sure. I still have to learn some of the chords though." I laughed.

"No problem." He smiled as he took my hand.

We walked by the boys' cabins, and he went inside to get his acoustic guitar.

He came back out a few minutes later, and we went over to where we were earlier by the lake.

He taught me how to use the chords, but I still had difficulty grasping it.

"This is a lot more complicated than I thought," I said with a slight frown.

"Yeah, it is," he said. "It'll be worth it in the end though."

I gave him a smile, and we played with the guitar for a while until Lupe, Jillian, and Chantel ran over to us.

"Rowan!" Lupe exclaimed.

"We've been looking for you everywhere!" Jillian called out.

"Loopy and Jilly Bean, obviously Rowan is spending time with her boo," Chantel said to them, rolling her eyes.

"Hey," I greeted them with a confused look on my face, laughing. "And oh okay."

"Guess what?" Jillian said to me, grinning.

"Ugh, don't let her guess," Lupe groaned, rolling her eyes. "Shane and Janee kissed each other!"

"Oh okay, that's adorable," I said casually, smiling.

"That's all you're going to say?" Lupe's eyes widened.

"I mean, I'm not that surprised. I've seen them talking a lot, especially lately." I shrugged. "Good for them though."

"Good point," Jillian said, nodding her head in agreement.

"We should let her get back to her boyfriend. This is the last week of summer camp, you know?" Chantel piped up to Lupe and Jillian. She turned to me. "So sorry we interrupted. I tried to stop them."

"We were just going to tell her something important," Lupe said, rolling her eyes.

"It's okay, guys, really," I said, laughing.

"Well, we'll leave you lovebirds be," Jillian said to Josh and I.

I felt my face flush. "Oh okay," I said, not sure what else to add to that.

My friends giggled, and then they walked away.

I turned back to Josh, and he chuckled. "What is it?" I asked, laughing. "Great, now you're making me laugh."

"Just you and your friends," Josh said. "You all are funny and entertaining."

I gave him a confused look. "I know they are, but I'm certainly not." I shook my head.

He looked shocked that I said that. "Are you kidding? You're funny and entertaining."

"Yeah, right."

"Why do you think you're not?"

"I've never been told that before." I shrugged.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well, you are." He glanced at the lake, and looked back at me. "You're also smart and introspective."

"Now I've been told those." I laughed.

"That's good." He smiled, and then kissed me.

"And you're kind and sensible." I smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled back.

We went back to playing guitar.

"You're sounding better," he said as I was playing the guitar.

"Really?" I said with a grin.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"And you're getting better at photography."

"That's good." He smiled.

I looked around, and noticed it was already dark. "We should probably get dinner," I said.

"Good idea," Josh said, nodding his head in agreement.

We walked over to the cafeteria to get our food. Most people were either in their cabins or hanging out in the woods.

Josh and I sat down at a table.

As Josh and I were eating and talking, Bryson approached us, standing next to us. "Hey," he said.

"Hey," I said back.

"Hey," Josh said, giving him a confused look.

"Um, I was just wondering if you'll still be helping me out with the horses," Bryson said to me.

"Yeah, sure," I said, nodding my head.

"If that's okay with Josh, of course." He glanced at him.

"Yeah, it's cool," Josh said casually.

"Well, that's basically what I wanted to know, and just make sure of. I'll leave you two be." He smiled, and then walked away.

After Josh and I were done eating, we went over to our group of friends.

"Rowan, we should take as many pictures as we can for memories since this is the last week here," Jillian said.

"Of course," I said as I took my camera out of the bag.

"Way to be depressing, Jilly Bean," Chantel muttered.

"How is that depressing?" Lupe said, giving Chantel a confused look.

"Just the reminder of it being the last week here."

"Great, now I'm getting depressed again," I said, thinking of how short of a time I have with Josh and my friends, even though Lupe and Jillian live a few towns away from me.

Josh held my hand. "We'll make this work," he assured me.

"Yeah, we will." I nodded, feeling better all of a sudden.

"How about if we take some pictures?" Jillian suggested.

"Yeah, I'll be glad to take some." I grinned. I took pictures of everyone, doing different poses. Some were just of the couples, but some were also by themselves.

"I like that one," Lupe said as we looked at a picture of her and Roger.

"I like it too," Roger said, grinning.

After a while, we went back to our cabins since it was almost curfew time.

**********

A/N: Since it's now the last week of summer camp, Rowan and Josh decide that they will be in a long distance relationship. Later on, they hang out with their friends.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 89.2K 44
"I'm soooo in love with this story!" - Seagull88 "Do the rumors intimidate you?" Edison asked. Kit chuckled. "There is something you should know abou...
310K 5.5K 35
A Bunk'd x Jessie crossover. Luke, Ravi, Emma and Zuri have never been to a summer camp before. Until Jessie takes them to Camp Kikiwaka, a summer ca...
12 0 37
When two 8th grade teenagers (secretly in love,) are sent on a field trip at the beach, which turns into a camping week, how will it go for them? ♡ W...
119 0 16
What happens when an American boy meets a British girl? he's your typical jock, most popular boy in high school and even the captain of the football...