In This Life And The Next ✔️

By thedeepster

*Sequel to ENEMY OF MY PACK. *not edited. Being a werewolf sucked but being a werewolf daughter to a human... More

Prologue: My First Change
Chapter 1: Not Safe
Chapter 2: Rare Disease
Chapter 3: Too Innocent
Chpater 4: Fresh V.P
Chapter 5: The Boy with the Dark Blue Eyes
Chapter 6: Car Dents and Bitches
Chapter 7: Be Careful
Chapter 8: Captain Death
Chapter 9: Accept Who You Are
Chapter 10: "Daymares"
Chapter 11: Chest Cooties
Chapter 12: A Slap to the Masseter
Chapter 13: Sexy Lady
Chapter 14: Serving Time with the Devil
Chapter 15: "Where's the Fire?"
Chapter 16: Money and Giant White Mansions
Chapter 17: Stay the Hell Away From Me
Chapter 18: What Are You?
Chapter 19: Bi-Polar
Chapter 20: What is a Mate?
Chapter 22: I'm a Dead Girl
Chapter 23: Stay
Chapter 24: We Are Connected
Chapter 25: Gun's A Blazin'
Chapter 26: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 27: I Am Not Jennifer
Chapter 28: The Past
Chapter 29: Mother Of All Mates
Chapter 30: Be Happy
Chapter 31: Dangerous Threat
Chapter 32: Alone
Chapter 33: Young Forever
Chapter 34: Trickster
Chapter 35: Trigger Fingers
Chapter 36: All That Matters
Epilogue: In This Life And Maybe The Next

Chapter 21: Snooping Is Bad, Kids.

2.7K 126 6
By thedeepster

ARI

"What's wrong?" I asked her, sitting on the bed next to her.

She had tears in her eyes and I could tell she was trying hard to not let them spill over.

I took a wild guess. "Is this about Nate?"

She looked at me with surprise but nodded her head.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Was it something he said?"

She nodded her head again. "So you want to talk about it." She was about to nod her head but then shook it. I respected her feelings and nodded in return.

"I know something that will cheer you up!" I bounced off the bed and towards my backpack.

Jen sniffled and looked at me in confusion.

I dug around in my bag until I felt the small box. "Aha!" I took out a small box wrapped with blue wrapping paper.

Jen hopped up on her feet and ran towards me, grabbing the small box in excitement. "Ooo! My favorite color!"

I laughed. "See I told you it would cheer you up!"

She ignored me and opened the box to find a bracelet. It was a charm bracelet that had a bunch of little charms that were of her personality.

She gasped and clasped it around her wrist. "Oh my god, Ari! This is freaken awesome!" She hugged me tight.

"Thanks! I didn't know if you would like it or not." I hugged her back.

"I love it. Best gift ever." She smiled looking at the different charms.

There was a knock on the door and my eyes snapped to Ashley and Anna who were standing there with bright smiles.

Jen ran towards them and held out her wrist. "Look guys! Isn't it pretty!"

Both of them admired it. "Damn this is nice gift! Beats my gift." Anna pouted.

Jen laughed. "Yeah, it totally does!" Anna gasped dramatically grabbing her heart. "Oh the pain!"

I laughed with them. They suddenly stopped laughing and had blank looks on there faces. There eyes glazed over.

Ugh, not again.

"Jen?" I asked when they didn't move for a minute.

Jen snapped out of it. "Oh, Ari!"

I narrowed my eyes at her but didn't say anything. Maybe I'll get my answers soon.

"Do you mind if I shower?" I asked her. She was looking over her shoulder at Anna and Ashley. I could hear a couple of people in the hallway.

"Yeah, go ahead! Take your time." She laughed nervously.

"Uh, I'll be downstairs, text me when you're done." She sped out with Anna and Ashley in tow.

They acted so weird around me and I wanted to know why. I can't help but feel everything that was happening to me was connected.

I left my phone on charge and went into the bathroom. I was so glad I packed extra under garments. I peeled out of my clothes from the party and threw them into my backpack. Then I stepped under the nice hot water, spraying down any trace of alcohol and Alex that I had on my skin.

Alex. I sighed sadly and continued my much needed shower.

***

I brushed through my wet hair and left it to air dry. I was wearing the same clothes I wore to help decorate the house. I was glad I was because I felt so relaxed, I didn't even mind thinking about Alex anymore.

|Hey, I'm done with ma shower! 👌🏼💦|

She replied within seconds.

|Damn, that was fast! Do me a favor and stay in my room until I come get you!|

I frowned in confusion.

|Why?| I asked her.

She never replied back. I sat on the bed and pulled on my nikes, my stomach growling loudly.

Five minutes later and I was walking out the door. I tried to wait but I was hungry!

I skipped down the stairs headed for the kitchen. The house was dead silent and it freaked me out. Where is everybody?

The kitchen was littered with food. The counters were covered, the dining table was covered, someone had brought in another table and that was covered. From the looks of it, it looked like pasta enough to feed 200 people!

I glanced outside through the back door when I heard someone whispering.

"What the hell?" I said out loud to myself.

More than 100 people were gathered outside. All of them had there backs towards the kitchen so I couldn't tell what they were all staring at.

I strained my super hearing ears towards the meeting picking up on the whispering.

"The new Beta is hot!" A horny teenager said to his friend who snickered in return. I rolled my eyes and tried to find an adult.

"Damon, Stephan's only 18! Give our son some time and stop worrying. He's out looking for her isn't he? Besides, everyone knows that if the girl is younger, then the boy might have to wait longer." They must me Stephan's dad's. Speaking of Stephan, I was wondering why I haven't seen him since the first day of school.

Apparently, these parents let there kids leave in order to find younger girls? What kind of fucked up place is this?

"Carter should be here any minute-" I skipped that conversation because I didn't know who that was.

I picked up another conversation that was far away from the gathered people. The man speaking was having an argument on the phone. "Yes I am! I'm even going to recruit my daughter today to find her. The boys 18 already so she shouldn't be too far behind. Don't you think I know that! Why else would I have stayed and begged to be a part of this pack! Yes, I remember, it is her death anniversary today. I'm pretty sure you haven't forgotten." A nervous chuckle left his mouth. "Don't worry, I'll find her, and then I'll bring her straight to you." Deep down I felt I knew him.

The conversation made me feel uncomfortable so I focused on the people in front of me.

Suddenly, they all turned around and started to walk towards the kitchen.

I panicked. I ran back upstairs and sat down breathing deeply to slow down my heart beat.

Why wouldn't Jen just tell me that their whole family was having a meeting? Why would she feel the need to keep it from me. Unless...unless the meeting was about me!

The door slammed open and I jumped.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to scare you!" Jen laughed at my reaction making me glare at her.

"So." I asked her slowly. "What were you doing?" The meeting can't be about me, I've only been in this town for a couple of months.

Jen frowned. "Nothing I was out in the back feeding the chickens."

"Whoa, you have chickens? Can I see them?" I stood up excited because I've never seen a chicken in my life.

Jen chuckled. "Seriously? Have you never seen a chicken or something?"

"Hey! Don't laugh at me! Seeing chickens isn't an everyday thing!" I pushed her out the door. "Come on! I wanna see!"

I know she was lying to me but I wonder why. It's really none of my business because it seems like a family thing.

"Wait!" Jen jumped when I yelled. "Do you think I can look around the house? Like give me a tour or something?"

"Oh yeah sure! Let's start at the very top and then work our way down." We went up at least 5 stories until she stopped at another set of stairs that ended with a door. I glanced up at it itching to open it.

"Hey what leads up those stairs?" I assumed it was the attic.

"That up there is my uncle Nathan, my parents, My other uncles and aunts place.

"They all live together?"

"Well we all do but they have separate rooms if that's what your asking." I nodded and started up the stairs. Maybe I'll find some answers now.

"Wait! We're not allowed to go up there!" I stopped half way and slumped my shoulder. Damnit! I was so close.

Maybe I can go later? I followed Jen throughout the whole house and was amazed to find that it was even bigger!

They had another game room, a kids room, a room with multiple desks which I think is a study room, a room full of small bunk beds that probably belonged to the smaller kids and then a lot of empty rooms that seemed like guest rooms. So many windows lined the hallways. I could see the surrounding woods from every angle! She led me to the other side of the house where there was another living room that was packed with a lot of adults. Jen just pushed me back and we left the way we came from.

"Sorry, it's just you're new and they don't know you so a lot of the parents and adults get on edge so maybe I can introduce you later?" I nodded not understanding what the big deal was but whatever.

Jen led me outside to see the chickens, horses and pigs. So many animals! And then she showed me separate buildings like a school house for the little kids, a medical infirmary, another place where they kept their cars. My eyes were tired from being surprised the whole time.

I've never seen such a large house!

"MOM!" Jen yelled all of a sudden.

When no one answered she sighed. "Anyway's, you want to stay for dinner? We're having pasta and probably some other things. Plus, my mom really wants to meet you! I was going to introduce you to my parents and uncles but they're not here." She said shrugging.

"Okay, Let me ask my mom." I told her smiling, going into the house.

Hopefully she does so I can snoop around a little more. I smiled widely, proud for being so naughty.

After three rings, my mom picked up. "Hey, are you home?" She asked me.

"Actually, Jen's parents want me to join them for dinner? Do you mind?"

"No honey, enjoy your time with friends. I don't mind." She told me softly.

I smiled but then frowned when I remembered our situation.

"Hey mom, did, uh, the bank-"

"Don't you worry sweetie, I'll figure something out, I always do."   

"Okay mom." I said in a small voice.

"I'll see you later." I hung up the phone and sat down on the couch.

My forehead scrunched up with worry for my mom.

The stairs across the room squeaked and I stood up, straightening my jacket.

I looked over and saw Alex staring at me with an odd expression. He didn't say anything though and I didn't say anything. But for some reason it wasn't awkward.

I was too tired fighting with the one guy I've ever had a crush on and the one guy who's hurt me more times I can count.

He hopped off the last step and passed right by me, going into the kitchen and out the backyard.

I couldn't help but release the breath I was holding in when he passed by me. It felt weird to be close to him. Not bad weird but a good weird that had my whole body tingling.

Peaking out the backdoor, I watched as Jen talked with a couple of the adults roaming around the backyard, Alex joining them.

This is my chance. My heart thumped in my chest. Am I stupid for doing this? It's my best friends house! I can't go snooping around!

But I have to.

Quickly but also quietly, I ran up the five stories of the house and listened to any sounds coming from behind the door to the sixth story but heard nothing.

I walked up the stairs feeling extremely stupid for breaking in.

I tried the doorknob expecting it to be locked but it wasn't. I closed the door behind me and glanced around the floor. It looked just like the other floors expect this one had a more homey feel to it. It felt familiar like I was safe.

I took a deep breath, the different kinds of smells hit my face making my head hurt. One smell though smelled familiar. I sniffed again and it smelled like Jen.

The scent that smelled like Jen must be of her parents. It made sense.

I followed the scent down the hall to a door on the left. I twisted the doorknob and looked around, watching for any signs of life but found nothing. The room was neat and tidy covered in black and white. I saw one door in the room and went towards it.

It opened to a master bathroom. There were two more doors, I opened one and it had a toilet. I opened the other into a large closet.

I sighed in relief and looked around. The top of the shelves had a few blankets and towels. Another shelf held a showcase of watches and some jewelry. My hand twitched as I watched the diamonds sparkle through the glass case. They looked like enough to pay the bills for years.

My heart sped up at the thought of taking them but I looked away in guilt. I can't believe I'm even thinking about that.

There was a dark spot in the corner of the closet. I remember April telling me that that's where she threw the pictures.

I took out my phone and turned on the flashlight. A few pictures were littered around the ground and I picked them up peering at them.

A few of them were baby pictures. I smiled at some of them happy for Jen that she had such a great life.

I shuffled through them smiling until I landed on a picture that stopped my heart.

It was a picture of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
9.2K 505 19
He is one of the Strongest Alphas in America. This Alpha protected not only his family and pack but his Allies and friends as well. He was known as a...
950K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
48.1K 3.7K 47
J has her wolf back. She has a mate, a pack, a family. She even knows her name. Life has never been this good. And yet, she can't quite relax. Her m...