Cars (OC's Included)

By Braedey95

While traveling to California for the dispute of the final race of the Piston Cup racing season against The K... More

Chapter One: The Dinoco 400
Chapter Two: A Four-Way-What?!
Chapter Three: Life Is A Highway
Chapter Four: Lost
Chapter Five: Where Are The McQueens?
Chapter Six: Traffic Court
Chapter Seven: Fix The Road
Chapter Eight: Doc's Challenge
Chapter Nine: A New Road!!!
Chapter Ten: The Story of 'Bolt McQueen'
Chapter Ten: Tractor Tipping and Backwards Driving
Chapter Eleven: New Paint and Our Town
Chapter Twelve: Stampede and Doc Racing
Chapter Thirteen: A New McQueen
Chapter Fourteen: A New Light to Radiator Springs
Chapter Fifteen: The Tiebreaker Race Pt 1
Chapter Seventeen: Welcome Home

Chapter Sixteen: The Tiebreaker Race Pt 2

3.3K 42 1
By Braedey95

Soon, Braedey and Lightning were rocketing down the track, working heir way towards the leaders, both of them ready for what might come their way. They raced along at over 170 miles an hour, soon approaching Chick and The King, as they reached the 190th lap of the race.

Chick frowned. "Kids just tryin' to be heroes, huh?" Braedey and McQueen pass him on the inside and outside. "Well, what do you think of this?" Chick bumped their rear bumpers, making the two spin out behind him. "Yeah, that's it, kids." He smirked. But then, Braedey and McQueen drove past Chick... going backwards!! "What?!"

In the pits, Mater and two of Chick's crew saw this happen. "Whoa! Git-R-done!" Mater called out happily, seeing the two do his famed 'backwards driving' trick. The two racecars blinked at Chick, then spun around, and raced after The King. "Hahaha! I taught 'em that." Mater told the two forklifts, then shined his mirror at them, blinding them. "Ka-chow!"

"What a move by the McQueens!" Bob announced in surprise. "They've caught up to the leaders."

"Oh, yeah. This is what it's all about." Darrell added. "A three-way battle for the lead, with ten to go."

Up in the Dinoco box, Tex laughed excitedly, as he saw the racers go by. "Look at those boys go out there!" He called, seeing both McQueen and Martin ahead of Chick.

As Chick tried to get ahead of the two racecars, McQueen and Braedey began to play on the offence and the defence. They go left and right, blocking Chick from getting ahead of them. With him occupied, Braedey accelerated ahead into second for them, as Chick pulled up next to McQueen.

"No, you don't." Chick began to push McQueen, then his right rear tyre blew out, making the red racecar go onto the inside of the track and slow down, as Chick accelerated away.

"Doc, I'm flat! I'm flat!" McQueen called to Doc.

"Can you get back to the pits?" Doc asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I think so." McQueen replied, just as the official at the start/finish line waved a yellow flag.

"Hey, got a yellow." Doc called to McQueen. "Bring it in. Don't tear yourself up, kid."

Then, Charlie Checker, the Piston Cup pace car, pulled out onto the track ahead of The King, Braedey, and Chick, the three slowing down to a cautious speed.

"We gotta get him back out there fast or we're gonna be a lap down, and we'll never win this race!" Mack told the others.

Doc looked to the little forklift. "Guido! It's time." he told him, and Guido narrowed his eyes, as McQueen made his way into the pits.

"Hey, tiny, you gonna clean his windshield?" One of Chick's crew mocked, then the others laughed, as Guido stood by with four new tyres, and his air wrench.

As McQueen came to a stop in the pits, Guido threw the four tyres up into the air, then began to take off the old tyres, but in the process, as the new tyres came down, he puts those ones on in a flash, as the old tyres rolled off to the side. Once all four tyres had been replaced, McQueen revved his engine, and with smoke coming off his rear tyres, he raced out of the pits, heading out back to the track.

Everyone was shocked. That pit stop lasted just about 3.5 seconds. It was the fastest pit stop that has ever existed in the history of the Piston Cup. Chick's crew of forklifts were so shocked, that the fake moustaches they had on fell off their faces.

"I don't believe it!" Darrell was amazed.

"That was the fastest pit stop I've ever seen!" Bob agreed.

"It was a great stop, but he's still gotta beat that pace car out!" Darrell spoke out.

"It's gonna be close." Bob added.

Lightning revved his engine as he exited pit row, and raves ahead of Charlie Checker, much to Chick's infuriation, but to everyone's cheer.

"Yeah!! He's back in the race!" Darrell called out.

"Peet stop." Guido said to Chick's Crew, and the last forklift lost his moustache.

McQueen soon caught up around the track to The King, Chick, and Braedey, as the green flag went waved, and the race was off and away again.

~*~*~

"This is it. We're heading into the final lap and McQueen is right behind the leaders." Bob announced, as the white flag was being waved. "What a comeback!"

"A hundred and ninety-nine laps, and, baby, it all comes down to this!" Darrell added.

"This is it, kiddo." Doc told McQueen. "You've got four turns left. One at a time. Drive it in deep and hope it sticks. Go!"

"Okay, Braedey." Mary contacted Braedey, as he was behind The King, whilst McQueen was trying to catch up with Chick. "Hang in there, and you could just win this."

Lightning dashed in and headed for the inside. Chick tried to block him, but McQueen got back. McQueen headed off to the outside, and Chick tried again to slam into him again, but instead ended up slamming the wall, sparks flying, as McQueen began to head off to the inside.

"McQueen's going inside!" Bob announced.

Lightning did so, as he passed the too cocky Chick, who had just recovered from his encounter with the wall. Out of nowhere, Chick slammed into Lightning, sending him off the track, and bumps into The King as well.

"Chick and King are loose!" Bob called out.

"I think McQueen is out of the race!" Darrell announced.

McQueen, however, was not out. He turned his wheels from going left to the right. Doc smiled, as McQueen did his trick. Braedey seemed to realise what McQueen was doing. With that in mind, he began to ride along the wall, like how Lightning did in Nashville. Then, the two racecars got ahead of The King and Chick, McQueen getting back on track.

"McQueen saved it!" Darrell announced.

"He's back on the track!" Bob added.

Doc smirked. "Float like a Cadillac..."

"Sting like a Beemer!" McQueen finished, and accelerated away, as Braedey followed suit.

"Braedey, well done." Mary contacted Braedey.

"Thanks, Mary." Braedey smirked. "Float like a Chevrolet, sting like a Bugatti!" Braedey raced off after Lightning, accelerating towards the finish line, as the stadium cheered out loudly.

"Lightning McQueen is gonna win the Piston Cup!" Darrell announced, as the racecars were passing round the fourth and final bend towards the finish line.

~*~*~

"Come on! You got it! You got it, Stickers!" Sally called out.

~*~*~

With The King, he was blocking Chick from getting passed, and Chick had finally reached his breaking point.

"I am NOT comin' in behind you again, old man." Chick growled, and did the PIT manoeuvre. Then, it happened.

The King launched up into the air, slowly spinning mid-air, then hit the ground with a deafening crash, rolling about across the infield, dirt being thrown into the air. The King's body began to receive dent after dent, parts of him starting to come off, his spoiler breaking off at one point. After rolling 10 times down the infield, he finally came to a stop with a loud crunch on all four wheels.

The entire stadium was shocked and gasped in fear. The King, the veteran racer, had crashed. In addition, Doc was speechless. Lynda and Tex were also worried and scared for the 43 racer.

As Braedey and McQueen were heading to the finish line, they looked over to the large screens, as gasped at the sight of The King, crashed and wrecked, smoke coming from his engine, and looking battered, beaten, and wounded.

Lightning soon saw the newspaper article of Doc's crash in his head, as Braedey saw what happened to himself in his head. With those images in mind, the two racecars did the one thing that no racer would do on the final lap of a race...

They stopped.

The two cars slammed on their brakes, their tyres squealing in the process, as smoke emitted from them. After slowing down, they came to a stop just an inch before the finish line.

Everyone was shocked. Why would the two racers stop just before the finish line? Why didn't they cross so they could win the Piston Cup?

A second later, Chick crossed the finish line, passing the two cars. "Yeah... Woooww! I won, baby!" He cheered out, and started to do donuts in the infield. "Yeah! Oh, yeah!"

But, nobody was cheering for him, not even those that followed him. All eyes and cameras were locked onto Braedey and McQueen.

"What's he up to, Doc?" Flo asked. Doc simply showed a small smile on his grille, as did Mary.

Braedey and Lightning then shifted into reverse, and began to drive backwards to The King. He was battered and beaten up on all ends, his engine still smoking badly, whilst all four tyres had been blown out by the crash and impact with the ground. His rear spoiler was now only hanging onto the left rear side.

The King groaned in pain, as Lightning pulled up behind him, and Braedey stopped by his right side. "What are you kids doin'?" He asked.

"We thought it be an honour for The King to finish his very last race." Braedey replied, then he and Lightning began to help push and steer The King back onto the track.

"You two just gave up the Piston Cup. You know that?" The King asked the two racecars.

Lightning shrugged. "These grumpy old racecars I know once told me somethin'. It's just an empty cup."

Doc and Braedey smirked to themselves, knowing the red racecar was referring to them.

"Darrell, is pushing on the last lap legal?" Bob asked.

Darrell shook his head. "Hey, man. He's not really pushin' him. He's just givin' him a little bump draft."

With Chick, we was still doing donuts in the infield over his victory. "Whoaa... Hohooo!!" He then stopped, and saw nobody was cheering for him at all, not even his own supporters. "Hey. What? What's goin' on?"

Then, as The King, Braedey 'Bolt' Martin, and Lightning McQueen crossed the finish line, the chequered flag was waved, and the entire stadium roared in cheer and happiness. They had seen an amazing display of sportsmanship by the two rookie racers with the veteran, as they headed off towards the pits.

"Bravo il mio amicos!" Luigi called out.

Mater was bouncing on all four wheels. "Way to go, buddies!" He yelled out.

"There's a lotta love out there, you know, man?" Fillmore asked Sarge.

Sarge groaned. "Don't embarrass me, Fillmore."

"That's my hot rod." Lizzie said.

Sally was so happy for Lightning, she thought she would cry happy tears. Mary felt the same way, as the two cars watched the rookies help The King off the track.

~*~*~

Chick, meanwhile, was up to Victory Lane, ready to get his Piston Cup. However, everyone was not cheering for him, or giving him any praise at all. They were all livid and furious at Chick for what he had done to The King.

"Come on, baby, bring it out! Bring out the Piston Cup!" He announced, and shined his little cloud on his right. "Ka-chicka! Ka-chicka!"

The Piston Cip was given to him, with the words 'Chick Hicks: Champion' on the plaque. "Yeah! Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!" He looked to the reporters, wondering why they aren't celebrating. "Hey, how come I'm the only one celebrating is me, huh? Where are the girls? Bring on the confetti!"

But, the confetti was shot at him on both sides, making him groan in pain. He was confused of all this. "Easy with the confetti. What's goin' on? Come on, snap some pictures. I gotta go sign my deal with Dinoco! Ka-chicka! Say it with me. Ka-chicka! Ka-chicka! Ka-chicka!" He shined his cloud again.

Then, the crowds started to boo at Chick for being a bad sport. They hated him to no end now. He seemed great, but now, he was nothing more than a sore loser and a cheater. Soon, they began to throw tyres, junk, metal, Chick sponsors and merchandise at the number 86 racer.

Chick was shocked by this. "What's wrong with everybody? Where's the happiness? Hey!" He yelled out, and grabbed his trophy. "This is the start of the Chick era!" With that, he retreated away to the safety of his trailer.

~*~*~

Down by the Team Dinoco tent, Braedey and Lightning pushed The King over to the tent, where the crew was waiting for them. The veteran racer smiled gratefully to the two Rust-Eze cars, and the two smiled back to him.

"You're in good hands now, Strip Weathers." Braedey reassured The King.

Lynda then drove up next to Lightning, and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Thanks, Lightnin'." She thanked.

McQueen nodded. "You're welcome."

"And thank you, Braedey." Lynda thanked the blue racer.

"Of course." Braedey nodded, and with that, the two headed off to the Rust-Eze, as news reporters and the Dinoco crew drove up to The King.

As Braedey and McQueen drove up to the tent, the rest of the team was there. They all cheered for the two cars, as they drove up.

"You make us proud, you kids!" Rusty congratulated.

"Congrats on the loss, me buckos!" Mack added.

Braedey and McQueen nodded to the others, then they looked over to Doc, who showed a smile on his grille. "You got a lotta of stuff, kid."

McQueen smiled. "Thanks, Doc."

"We couldn't have done it without you, Doc." Braedey added, and the Hudson Hornet.

"Hey, Lightnin'. Braedey." The two racers look behind them, and saw it was Mr. Tex. "How 'bout comin' over here and talk to me a minute?"

"Sure." Braedey replied, as he and McQueen drove up to the Dinoco owner.

"You two, that was some real racin' out there." Mr. Tex told them. "How'd you two like to become the new faces of Dinoco?" He offered.

McQueen and Braedey were shocked at this. He was offering the two of them a place in the Dinoco team? They looked to the Dinoco tent, and the helicopter on top of its helipad gave them a wink.

"But, Mr. Tex..." Braedey spoke slowly. "Lightning and I didn't win the race."

"Braedey, there's a whole lot more to racin' than just winnin'." Mr. Tex told him.

Braedey then realised those were the same words he said back in Nashville a week ago. He looked to Lightning, who was looking over at the Rust-Eze tent, where Dusty was telling another one of his jokes.

"He was so rusty, when he drove down the street...." Dusty started to laugh. "Buzzards used to circle the car!" With that, everyone else cracked up at the joke.

"Thank, you, Mr. Tex, but... but these Rust-Eze guys over there gave us our big break." Lightning pointed a tyre to Rusty, Dusty, and Mack. "We're gonna stick with them."

Tex rolled up next to the two cars. "Well, I sure can respect that. Still, you know, if there's ever anything I can do for you, just let me know."

McQueen nodded. "We sure appreciate that. Thank you."

Braedey then remembered something. He nudged his tyre against Lightning's left front tyre, and gestured his eyes to someone. Lightning nodded.

"Actually, there is one thing..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 118 6
A/N: this story links up with my three 'Cars' books, so think of it as the sequel after 'Cars 3'. When world-famous air racer Dusty Crophopper learns...
110K 5.1K 22
Female reader as always! Doing this because I've always loved McQueen as a CHARACTER. NOT AS A CAR. Thats why I'm making him HUMAN. McQueen is a rac...
Cars By Girl101

Fanfiction

7.9K 162 19
Humanized Cars Cars belong to Pixars, and Pixar's ALONE! Lightning McQueen joined The Piston Cup not just to race but to find someone who has been mi...
1.2K 47 7
On the way to the Piston Cup, Lighting McQueen, and his partner, Seth 'Grease Lightning' Eaton get lost and wind up in the little town of Radiator Sp...