Embers

By flamesonarrows

This is the 4th book in the hunger games series I hope u guys like it may the odds be ever in your favor! wha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: The Betrayal
Chapter 28
Authors note

Chapter 2

376 10 3
By flamesonarrows

Chapter 2

I wake up and realize that I slept on the couch and realize that Peeta is going to be worried sick. Peeta wakes up and comes running down stairs and when he sees me he is relaxed. He comes over to me and says.

” Why did you sleep down here?” I tell him all about me running into Taylor in the woods, about the higher districts rebelling against the capitol, and about Paylor maybe bringing back the hunger games. His reaction is shocking, he looks at me and says.

” What?????!!!!!! I tell him that Taylor is coming over later and that she is Glimmer’s younger sister. The doorbell rings and it is Gale. Gale was already coming over to babysit the kids because Peeta and me had to go out of town anyway. I tell him about my ordeal last night and he is shocked as well. The doorbell rings again and it is Taylor and I let her in. I introduce her to Gale and Peeta and she already knows who Peeta is which a surprise isn’t.

I say,” hey can we go to your district so we can talk?” She looks at me and says,” That would be better for you two actually because you can see what I’m talking about.” I tell Fin and Rue to respect Gale and listen to him at all times. They nod their heads at me and I kiss them both on the top of their heads. I then look back at them and wave and Taylor, Peeta, and me head out the door. We then start about the dangers of district 1.

“ Nobody really likes people from the lower districts and Paylor is always hanging around just to make us feel like crap. I look at Peeta and say,” Crap! She is going to see us and recognize us right away.” Taylor tells us that Paylor is in district 8 for a couple of days so we won’t have to worry about her for a while. We knew it was going to take us a long time to walk all the way to district 1. Peeta and me were flirting with each other until Taylor turned around and told us to hurry up.

Taylor looked at us and said.” Just to let you know I never knew Glimmer because she died in the hunger games that you two were in. Peeta and me just looked at each other with a weird look. She says,” Don’t worry about it because after what I heard about her I’m glad I didn’t meet her. Peeta and me sigh in relief. We have been walking for what seems like forever and then we come to the border where district 12 and 11 meet. The three of us cross into District 11 and it is much different than district 12. What I remember of it is that the peacekeepers are much more strict than they are in district 12. We were walking toward the center of town until a group of 6 peacekeepers surround the three of us.

They look at us with an evil look and say.” What are you three doing in district 11?” The three of us look at them say,” None of your business!” Then we charge at them and start fighting them. Taylor takes one of her knifes and slits two of the peacekeepers throats. Peeta hurls two of them into a tree which kills them instantly. The other two are beating the crap out of me until Taylor and Peeta lift them off of me and hold them. I get up and get my bow and arrow and shoot both of them right in the neck killing them instantly.

I look at Peeta and Taylor and say, “Thank you for saving my life.” They both look at me and say,” No problem you would have done the same thing for us.” We then realize its getting dark and we go back into the forest to try to find a campsite. We were walking around for a couple of hours until we found a small cave like the one that Peeta and I hid in in the 74th hunger games. The three of us went there and I told them I was going hunting.  I went out and shot a deer and a squirrel. I came back to the cave and and Taylor prepared the food that I had just killed. That was probably the best dinner I have had in months. We talked about our greatest adventures for a couple of hours until we got tired. Peeta went and laid down in one of the hammocks.

Before I joined him I turned around and looked at Taylor and asked her,” Are you in a relationship?” She looks at me and says,” Yeah his name is Bryan.” She smiles at me and says,” Good night Katniss.” I look at her say,” Good night Taylor.” I get into the hammock with Peeta and we cuddle closely whispering in each other’s ear for a while. Were now just messing with each other until he stops and looks at me and says,” I love you Katniss.” I look back at him and say, “ I love you too Peeta.” We drift off to sleep not knowing what tomorrow brings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.6K 64
There are 2 schools in panem Capitol high and district high Capitol high is full of popular trouble makers and sluts District high is full of n...
152K 3K 70
When Reef, a young girl from District Four, thinks she'll make it through her last year of the reaping, finds that she was unsuccessful. She had been...
240 36 17
Finnick Odair × OC (Fem) The 63rd Annual Hunger Games Won by an 18-year-old girl from District 5 and in doing so, she is added to the long generation...
22.6K 1.6K 65
In a Panem that followed a history different from what we know. In such a world, tributes are pulled from the same pool, and so in addition to being...