Ignite - A Mutant Academy Nov...

By ceri-luna

She finally met my gaze, and I read her like a book. "I'm a mutant?" There was silence for a moment, as I rea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Book 2: Blaze - SNEAK PEEK #1

Prologue - Ignited

4.6K 115 14
By ceri-luna

It was one of the most surprising moments of my life, but also one of the most expected.

I guess I'd always I known I was different - with a name like Rainbow Arcus it's hard not to be. But it wasn't just that I had a stupid name given to me by a drug addict mother who topped herself when I was three and left me in care all my life - as if that wasn't 'different' enough - it was that things happened to me. Things I couldn't explain, or even begin to understand.

The first time I remember it happening, I was seven-years-old. I was in my third care home by this point, and meeting the latest set of potential foster parents for the first time. I can't remember their faces, but I remember their eyes. Because when I look into someone's eyes, straight in them, that's when it happens.

I was so eager to impress, I didn't realise what I was saying was...wrong. It wasn't my fault, I thought everyone could do it.

So I completely freaked them out. All I really remember is raised voices all around me, and doors slamming. The social workers accused me of breaking into the locked office, and reading the files they had on the couple - I was seven! I could barely read a book if you put it in front of me, but people?

That was a different story.

***

Like what you just read? Before you carry on to read the rest of the book (which I really hope you will) please press the VOTE button on this chapter to give me the chance to win the #youngwritersprize 2014! Last word from me, I promise.

Enjoy the story,

Ceri x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 8K 15
[A Wattpad Featured Story] Jeisa hasn't used her technopathy for years. If anything, she's basically been forbidden to use it. When she is forced to...
517K 11K 37
| ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฒ๐˜… ๐—™๐—˜๐—”๐—ง๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—— ยท [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
11.8K 1.4K 26
[ONC2024] Everyone can read minds except for Ethan Langdon. And Ethan Langdon has the dumbest (and cutest!) thoughts Lukas Hoffmann has ever heard. ...
34.2K 630 13
A/ N: Although this book is not finished and doesn't have a formal ending, I will not be updating anymore. I have been in writers block for a while...