Stranger Not So Danger

By rosegolden_

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... More

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 22 ~ Only You
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings
New Book!

Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain

3.1K 114 10
By rosegolden_

Lindsey's POV:

"What do you mean Leia thinks something's up?" I said excitedly through the phone.

"She kept asking why you weren't talking to her a lot. She said Jordan's been avoiding her too."

"I just didn't want something about Jordan's ask to slip unconsciously. I'll talk to her. Just make sure she doesn't talk to Jake, or else everything will go downhill."

"I'll tell Chris to keep an eye on him. Don't worry." she told me.

"Okay, talk to you later Karra." I said, hanging up the phone.

I then went to my messages and quickly texted Leia.

Me: hey, can we talk? meet me at cafe house in 15 minutes

Leia: sure, see you there

I grabbed my backpack and house keys, then made my way downstairs and out the door.

I decided just to walk to the cafe, since it was only a few minutes away from my house.

When I arrived, I saw Leia's bike chained to the bike rack outside.

She could drive, but she liked to ride her bike if she had the chance.

I walked in, the smell of coffee and baked goods filling the air.

I saw Leia sitting at one of the two seater tables towards the corner of the small cafe.

She waved me over and I went to sit down.

"Hey, I hope you weren't waiting long." I said, placing my backpack on the back of the chair and taking a seat.

"No, I got here like seven minutes ago. I ordered your usual." she said, referring to the cup of chai tea sitting on a coaster.

"Thanks," I said, sipping the hot tea.

"Yup. So, how come you've been avoiding me?" she asked.

There it was. I knew she was going to ask sooner or later, since she wasn't afraid to confront a problem at its source.

"It's complicated. If I tell you, it would ruin the surprise." I said, letting the word surprise slip from my lips.

This is why I was avoiding her. I could keep a secret, but sometimes I would release hints not meant to be released.

"A surprise?" she said with wide eyes.

"Yes, a surprise, and if you keep pushing I might spoil it. So stop!"

"Okay! Okay! Ahh I'm so excited!" she squealed.

"And this is why I tried so hard not to hint at anything."

"So how are you and Jake?" she asked.

It's been two weeks since the incident happened, and we haven't talked since.

"I don't even know if there is a Jake and I anymore."

"It's okay, Linds. He'll come to his senses soon enough."

"I really hope so."

~~~~~

Jake's POV:

No matter how hard I tried, my mind went straight to the same place every time.

Lindsey. Lindsey. Linds. My Linds.

Even though we weren't getting along anymore, I couldn't help but be distracted by her.

I decided to get out of the house to take my mind somewhere else and go to the mall.

I grabbed my keys and headed out the door to my truck.

I got off crutches at the beginning of the week, and only had to wear a brace now.

I drove to the mall, and went to the food court to get some ice cream.

After I finished, I threw my cup away and decided to just go home.

When I was walking out of the food court, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry man." the guy that I bumped into said.

"Nah, it's good..."

I paused when I saw who I bumped into.

"Oh, hey Jake. How's Linds? She hasn't been to the shelter for a while." Jordan said.

"I don't know how she is." I said flatly.

"Shouldn't you know, she is your girlfriend." he said.

"Are you trying to avoid what actually happened, or are you actually clueless. You of all people should know how she's doing." I snapped.

I tried to walk away, but Jordan stopped.

"Man, what's your problem? I thought we were cool."

"What's my problem? The girl I loved, still love, cheated on me with you!" I exclaimed. I was fuming at this point.

"What are you talking about? I like Leia." he said.

"Then what about those texts you sent Lindsey?" I questioned.

"What texts?" he said, thinking for a second.

"Oh, we're planning a way to surprise Leia, I was gonna ask her out tomorrow."

"Prove it."

Jordan pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of Lindsey helping to paint a poster that had Leia's favorite things on it.

"I'm an idiot." I muttered.

"Yea, you kinda are. Now go fix things before your mistakes become permanent." he said.

"Thanks Jordan." I said, rushing out of the mall.

I tried to call Lindsey and text her multiple times but she wouldn't answer. I decided to drive to her house instead.

I was praying that she was home, and my fingers were tapping on the steering wheel relentlessly.

As I was driving, I was getting a call.

I answered my phone without looking at the caller I.D. and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Jake?" I heard a panicked Karra say.

"Karra? What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's...it's Linds. She got into an accident."

A/N:

CLIFFHANGER!!! Sorry my update is a little late, I was really busy yesterday and didn't have time to update.

Let me know your thoughts! Love ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 5.6K 26
I, Skylar was accidentally sent to a Hot Boys Camp I mean ALL BOYS CAMP . At first I hated it but then I met the boys in my Cabin. They were the sex...
Nothing to lose By H

Teen Fiction

266K 7.4K 39
My best friend Greyson McNamara and I have been partners in crime for a while now. Pranks, sneaking out to go to parties, joy riding in our parents'...
1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
1.8K 111 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...