Adventures of Kat Scamander

By Hufflepuff_4ever

Hmm...remember Newt's older brother? Theseus? The great war hero? What if he had a child, but for some reason... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Epilogue
Alternate Ending
NEW MOVIE?!
Crimes of Grindelwald
Crimes of Grindelwald Pt 2

Chapter Eight

5.6K 133 42
By Hufflepuff_4ever

A/N: Thanks for 885 reads guys! Means a lot! ~Bella

Kat sulked behind as Newt and Jacob hurried out of the case. They soon hit the streets of New York. Kat reached for her uncle's hand, which he squeezed gently.

"I was watching you at dinner." Newt said as he followed Jacob, making small talk.

Jacob looked uncertain where the conversation was leading to. "Yeah."

"People like you, don't they, Mr Kowalski?" Newt asked. Kat sighed quietly. She wished she had that effect on people as well.

"Oh - well, I'm - I'm sure people like you too - huh?" Jacob answered startled.

"No, not really. I annoy people." Newt said, unconcerned. Kat giggled.

Jacob obviously didn't know how to answer. "Ah."

Kat smirked silently at Newt's interest in Jacob.

"Why did you decide to be a baker?" Newt asked, intrigued.

"Ah well, um - because I'm dying - in that canning factory." Jacob brushed off Newt's look. "Everyone there's dying. It just crushes the life outta you. You like canned food?"

"No." Newt said.

"Me neither. That's why I want to make pastries, you know. It makes people happy. We're going this way." Jacob added. Kat mulled over his words thoughtfully. How sweet that he wanted to make people happy. She decided she also wanted to do that. Jacob led them to the right, with Newt and Kat following.

"You do know this could be potentially dangerous, right, Kat?" Newt asked quietly. Kat looked up.

"I know. But I won't leave your side." She said stubbornly. Newt gave a sigh.

"I don't want you to get hurt."

"I don't want to stay in the case." Kat retorted.

Newt sighed once again and returned to his conversation with Jacob. "So did you get your loan?"

"Er, no - I ain't got no collateral. Stayed in the army too long, apparently - I don't know." Jacob seemed upset at the news but tried to make it as if it wasn't a big deal as he shrugged it off.

"What, you fought in the war?" Newt asked.

"Of course I fought in the war, everyone fought in the war - you didn't fight in the war?" Jacob was as curious about Newt and Kat's world as they were with his.

"I worked mostly with dragons, Ukrainian Ironbellies - Eastern Front." Newt said. Kat cringed at the memories of being forced to stay in an orphanage for a few months while Newt went off to take care of the dragons. She shuddered slightly but Newt didn't seem to notice as he slowed to a stop. Kat followed his gaze to see an earring on the ground. Her eyes widened. Only a special creature could do this kind of damage. Diamonds scattered the floor until it led to a particular shop. Newt crept forward, then doubled back.

Kat peered over to see the Niffler posing as a jewelry stand to disguise itself. She grinned as Newt suddenly pulled out his wand.

"Finestra." The glass shattered, causing Kat to jump back and watch in amazement to see her uncle leaping around the store to catch the pest. Kat laughed as the chase continued, then stopped when she heard a familiar click and the roar of a Nundu from inside the case. Kat looked over to see the catch of the case open. She scrambled over and closed the catch, much to Jacob's relief. And at the same time, Newt fell through the glass window with the Niffler in front of him. Kat let out a scream to see her uncle land hard on the ground. Unfazed, he stumbled to get up, and pull out his wand.

"Accio!" As if in slow motion, the Niffler flew by Kat with precious gems streaming from its pouch. Then, as the Niffler passed a lamp post, it reached up and clung on to it, launching the creature towards another store window, which Newt quickly used magic to turn to a jelly-like substance.

"All right? Happy?" Newt asked the Niffler.

Kat let out a smile to see her uncle and Jacob covered in jewels. Newt pried the Niffler and stuffed it in his pocket just as sirens were heard.

"One down - two to go." Newt said.

Police cars began pulling up, causing Kat to run and hide underneath her uncle's coat. She peeked out to see guns aimed at them before hiding once more.

"They went that way, Officer..." Jacob said lamely.

"Hands up!" An officer yelled causing Kat to whimper and burrow deeper.

The officer must have spotted the Niffler since he said,"What the h*** is that?!"

Kat heard a pacing noise nearby, and looked out again to see a lion. Jacob seemed to notice as well. Well, of course he noticed. It was kind of obvious.

"Lion." He barely could speak. The police looked over and Newt took the time to speak pleasantly.

"You know, New York is considerably more interesting than I'd expected." Then he grabbed the case, Jacob, as well as Kat, and Disapparated.

~•~
The three hurried through Central Park, then split apart to see a terrified ostrich running past them. Kat had never seen the creature before (though she read about it) and was amazed by its speed.

A loud roaring could be heard in the distance. Newt pulled out two helmets, handed one to Kat, and the other to Jacob. Jacob looked perplexed while Kat simply buckled it on, never one to question her uncle's antics.

"Put this on." Newt said to Jacob.

"Why - why would I have to wear something like this?" Jacob asked fearful.

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force." Newt replied and ran off, with Kat in pursuit. She was rather enjoying this adventure.

Another roar could be heard as they neared the entrance. He handed a bulky body gear to Jacob and simply gave a look at Kat.

"You stay out of the way." He whispered to her. Kat pouted. "Okay, if you just, uh, pop this on." Newt said to a flustered Jacob. Kat smiled at the look on his face.

"Okay..." Jacob said as Newt fastened it around him.

"Now, there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about." Newt assured him. Kat highly doubted it.

"Tell me - has anyone ever believed you when you told them not to worry?" Jacob asked. Nope. Confirmed by the great Kat.

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice." Kat stroked her chin, thinking about it.

"True." She mumbled. "Very true." She spent way too much time worrying about her uncle.

She snapped out of it as Newt picked up his case and hurried on. She quickly followed.

A loud snort greeted them.

"She's in season. She needs to mate." Kat looked to see the Erumpent. Kat nudged Jacob.

"This is one of the best things you are ever going to witness in your life.." She mused, leaving Jacob to look confused.

Newt began dabbing something that Kat remembered as some kind of musk on his wrists.

"Erumpent musk - she's mad for it." Newt informed Jacob.

Newt placed the case on the ground close to the Erumpent. Kat had seen this before, so she had to stuff her fist in her mouth to contain her laughter. Newt began to perform a mating ritual, a series of grunts, snorts, butt-showing - at least to Kat, it was. She couldn't stop giggling as she looked at Jacob, who was holding the bottle of musk and frozen, wide-eyed. Newt rolled in the ground a few times to persuade the Erumpent to do the same.

"Good girl - come on - into the case..." Newt murmured.

Suddenly a splat was heard and Kat looked over to see a fish hit Jacob, causing the bottle of musk to spill over him. Kat glanced behind to see a cheeky seal run away. [Gotta love this seal XD] Kat muttered "uh-oh" before running away from Jacob to a safer place. Which was next to a monkey. She watched as Jacob hollered and began running as the Erumpent barged towards him.

"He's silly, isn't he." Kat told the monkey. Newt raised his wand to cast a spell, when the monkey beside her leapt off and stole the wand.

"Hey! That's my uncle's! You give it back, you traitor!" Kat shouted as she ran after it.

"Merlin's Beard!" Newt cried at the same time as he raced after the monkey as well.

"And we were getting along together!" Kat huffed. She reached her uncle's side to see him trying to persuade the monkey to switch his wand with a twig.

"They're exactly the same...Same thing."

"Uhh...Daddy...I'm sure the monkey is smarter than that." Then the baboon began to shake the wand. "Forget what I said before, it's not smart." A blast from the wand caused the monkey to go launching over Kat's head. She winced slightly before hearing a faint holler in the distance.

"Jacob! Right, almost forgot about him." Kat slapped her forehead, chuckling, only to see her uncle had already left her side. Kat sighed. "Merlin. So much running." Before taking after the men, she spoke again. "I swear, I'm more responsible than the two of them!"

She reached the river side just in time to see Newt slide expertly on the ice to get the rear end of Pandora into the case, then the Erumpent slid in, but not before licking Jacob.

"Eww..." Kat said, gagging.

"Good show, Mr Kowalski." Newt said casually.

"Call me Jacob." Jacob said in a daze. Kat began clapping.

"That was wicked!" She cheered. The men laughed as they began climbing back in the case. Just as Kat fully went in, she heard the tip of the case close hastily and it was locked. Kat pounded on it then looked to her uncle and Jacob, who were staring at her. "I think someone locked us in."

A/N Hope you guys enjoy this update like always! Please tell me if there's something I can improve on or something that doesn't seem quite right! ~Bella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.1K 22
This book has been written after CoG, so there are SPOILERS. After Grindelwald's attack, Newt and Tina have been thrown into emotional turmoil and ne...
91.9K 3.9K 76
Newt's back in New York for one reason & one reason only. Tina. There are ups, downs & love triangles galore. I mean, what's not to love about a good...
30.9K 791 9
Linda Black is a lot of things: A War hero. The oldest daughter of Phineas and Rowena. The childhood neighbour of the Scamander's. Theseus' partner i...
43.2K 1K 15
It's been a year since Newt Scamander and his young daughter, Emma Scamander, left New York City. But now there's a new danger: Credence is alive and...