Pride and Prejudice and Teena...

Galing kay creativepie

A love story loosely based on Austen's classic but set in the modern day with a teenage cast. Higit pa

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.

Chapter 11.

1K 26 10
Galing kay creativepie

"How much longer?" Lydia moans, falling onto her bottom on the floor. I stand, hands on my hips, staring down at my sister.

"Lydia, get off the grass, it'll be here in a minute." I remind her, rolling my eyes and offering her my hand to pull her up. We've only been waiting for the cab for ten minutes or so. When she grabs my hand to get up, she ends up pulling me too hard and makes me fall over. I burst into giggles as we swap places, her standing over me whilst I lay in the grass. I'm more sober than her but I'm still tipsy.

I stare up at the night sky for a moment, appreciating the barely-visible stars as they glisten down at me. A shadow suddenly falls over my face and I blink a few times. A hand stretches out over my face and I take it.

"Will?" I find myself asking.

"Um, no. Not quite." An awkward voice asks. I take the hand and allow myself to stand up, my vision clearing as I recognise the face to belong to Colin. I look to my left and see Beth and Lydia standing in the doorway of the house and staring at us.

"What's up Colin?" I ask.

He forces a chuckle and rubs the back of his neck. I notice that we're almost the same height, and I'm usually considered short. "I wouldn't have usually asked, but I guess you could say I had some persuasion." He admits, looking at the doorway where Beth previously stood. Conveniently, she isn't there anymore. "So, what I wanted to ask, was-"

"If Beth put you up to this I don't think it'd be a good idea to-"

"Well admittedly she did persuade me, but she isn't the only reason I'm asking... You see, I've been watching you over the past few days, and I think I'm really starting to like you. You're smart, modest, witty-"

"Thanks Colin but-"

"Maybe a little too modest. Anyway, back to what I was saying. I've never really liked a girl before. Or had a girlfriend. And I was talking to Cathy the other day, and she thinks I'm in a really good place to have one, so I guess you could say I've been looking for one. And in looking, I saw you. I'd really like to get to know you better Elizabeth. Cathy would be very impressed if I brought you to see her." I'm dumbfounded by his words, and trying my hardest not to laugh at him. In doing so, I miss my opportunity to stop him from stepping closer to me. I only notice what he's doing when I feel one of his hands touch my neck. "You're very special, Elizabeth." he says, and suddenly swoops down, catching me off guard. Luckily, I manage to escape his lips, meaning they only hit my cheek. I feel my cheeks inflame immediately and not knowing what to do, I leap back and slap him in the face.

My eyes dart around, looking anywhere but at him so I can't see the humiliation I've just pinned onto his face. My eyes fall behind his shoulder, where I see in the doorway Beth and Lydia. Beth is grinning and Lydia looks confused, along with the person behind her. Will's face is twisted. I realise to the three of them, it must have looked like I just made out with Colin because of the way we're standing. Beth's face implies she's immensely pleased, presumably because she thinks Colin just took my first kiss. Luckily for me, he didn't - but Beth would see this as unlucky if she knew the truth.

I don't know whether to be more embarrassed or angered. I'm angry at Beth, embarrassed by Colin and scared of what Lydia is going to say. But most of all, I feel humiliated, there's something in the eyes of Will that makes me feel ashamed, like I've done something wrong. Sure, if I had kissed Colin it would have been weird, but it's nothing to do with Will if I had. He has no right to look down on me - so why am I feeling so ashamed in front of his gaze?

Perhaps it's because I hate him and I don't want to have any weaknesses in front of my enemy. Maybe it's because I'm scared he'll somehow ruin my life with the click of his finger like he did with George. Either way, when I hear the taxi pull up and honk from behind me, I turn around and practically sprint to the cab. I hear someone call out my name, but I don't know or care who it is.

24 hours later, andliving through the embarrassment of yesterday's situation.

"You rejected him?" Beth screeches through my phone's speakers.

"Yes. I did. Okay? I don't like him! He's weird, he's annoy-"

"He's the best shot you've got at popularity! At high school! Do you want to go to college with your V card still in tact?"

"Excuse me?!" I'm shrieking too now. "That's the last thing I'm worried about and Colin is the last guy I'd want to share that experience with! I know we're friends but my personal life has nothing to do with you - let alone my sex life!" I'm glad I'm home alone right now, or this would be an interesting conversation for my family to hear.

"Elizabeth! I'm just trying to do what's best for you! I don't want you to be a social outcast for the rest of your educational years!"

"Like dating Colin would make my situation any better?" I ask. I'm fuming. I run down stairs before I start throwing things around my room.

"You will call him as soon as this conversation ends and tell him to come over-"

"No I will not!" I yell. "He knows exactly how I feel - I slapped him! Is that not enough of a no for him?"

"He thinks you just slapped him because you're confused."

"Confused? Confused?" I question incredulously. The only thing I'm confused about are Beth's words!

"Whatever. I'm serious about this Elizabeth. If you don't at least give it a try with him, I won't speak to you ever again-"

She's cut off by what sounds like someone taking the phone off of her. "Lizzie? You there?" I hear Nick's voice ask, making me sigh with relief.

"Of course I'm here." I say.

"Don't listen to Beth. Colin is - well we know what Colin is. There's no way I'm going to let you date him, I'm not putting up with him in our friendship group. If you go out with him, that's it, I'll never speak to you again." I hear Beth creating in the background.

"Thank you, Nick." I laugh, knowing Beth can't argue with me if her boyfriend is on my side. Nick hangs up for me and I sigh with relief, heading into the kitchen and putting the kettle on. A loud knock at the front door startles me, and I wonder who it could be at seven thirty in the evening. My mother is working the late shift and my father is away for work anyway. Perhaps it's Lydia. She was supposed to be sleeping over Kitty's, but they're always falling out.

When I open the door, I'm surprised to see who is standing there.

"George?" I ask. He's facing away from me and when he turns around I see why. A cigarette hangs from his lips. When he sees the expression on my face he quickly removes it and stands on it. "I didn't have you down as a smoker." I blurt.

"Uh, yeah. Bad habit. I picked it up after everything happened." He admits shyly and I offer him an empathetic smile.

"Anyway, what brings you here?" I ask.

"Oh, I was just out walking and I just found myself coming here, to you." The coy smile on his lips makes me blush. "So are you going to invite me in or..?"

"Oh, right, sorry." I rush, blushing in embarrassment even more. I step aside and allow him in. He walks in, eyes dancing around my home. I close the door behind him.

"I was just making some tea, do you want some?"

"Uh, yeah, go on." He says, and follows me into the kitchen where I make us both a cup. "Thank you." He smiles when I hand him the steaming mug and sips it.

"So.." I begin. He's still glancing around.

"So." He mimics, grinning. He slides a step closer to me as we both lean back against the counter.

I take a step back and jump up so I'm sitting on the table top. "I wondered why you weren't at the dance yesterday.." I admit, curious to see if he truly had been pushed out by Will. It's understandable for him to have not attended Charlie's party, but the dance..?

"Shit. I totally forgot to tell you I wasn't going." He curses, putting his mug down on the counter. "You didn't wait around for me did you?"

Of course I did! I think to myself, but reply with: "No. I saw you weren't there and Denny informed me of your absence. he mentioned something about Will."

"Ah, yes. Will Darcy. Prick of the year." He sighs, making me giggle lightly. "He told me if I showed up he'd make sure I'd never be able to dance again."

"What?!" I shriek. "He threatened you? What is his problem! It was only a dance!"

"Try telling him that." He shrugs. He reaches out and touched my forearm. "I'm really sorry I wasn't there. I just didn't want to start a fight and ruin it for everyone." He steps closer to me and takes my hand in his. "I really wanted to be there with you. I bet you had a terrible time without me." He smirks.

I giggle. "What do you mean terrible? It was fantastic." I lie.

He plays along. "Oh yeah? I bet no one danced with you like I could have."

"That's where you're wrong." I smirk, wanting to see if I can make him jealous.

"Oh?"

"I had two very pleasing dance partners during the night-"

"Let me guess." He says. "Denny? Nick?"

"Nope." I say, popping the p. "You'll never guess, they're both such amazing guys every girl was envious of me."

"Oh god. Colin?" He guesses after realising I'm being sarcastic.

"Yep. But wait, it gets better! You haven't guessed the other gentleman."

"God no! You didn't!"

"Unfortunately, yes. I ended up dancing with Will." I admit, shaking my head. He grimaces.

"Ugh. Now I feel terrible about not being there. I'm sorry you had to put up with that. I imagine you found his dancing as stiff and as forced as his conversation skills?"

I decide not to reply.

"Anyway, I'll make it up to you. I'll make sure Will never goes near you again." He whispers, and steps between my legs from where I'm sitting. His eyes stare into mine for a few seconds, making my heart rate pick up before he twists his head and leans in. His lips begin to near my cheek, but they suddenly dip down to my neck at the last moment. I'm caught off guard and suck in a sharp breath when a shooting pain occurs.

"Ouch, George, get off me." I hiss, pushing him back by the shoulders. He doesn't budge for a few seconds before my phone starts ringing, which makes him jump back in surprise. I frown at him and pick up my phone, placing my fingertips against my neck. I feel a bruise forming already.

My phone says Charlotte is calling and I've never been more thankful for convenient timing.

"I should take this. I think you should go." I tell George, upset at his attack on my neck without my consent.

"Oh come on! It's just a hickey, I'm just making sure Will won't want to talk to you anymore." He says.

"A hickey?" I shriek, jumping down from the counter and rushing to the hallway mirror. I raise my head up and see a mark against the skin on my throat. I've never gotten one before, and I can already imagine the look on my parents faces if they saw it. In fact anyone who sees it is going to assume the worst.

George's reflection appears in the mirror behind mine and I spin around. "George! I didn't ask for this!"

"C'mon Elle, you'll live." He laughs.

"It's not funny! What will everyone think!"

When he sees I'm seriously upset he steps closer and places his hands on my shoulders. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? No one will notice or question it. And if they do they'll have me to answer to." He tells me. I nod and chew my bottom lip.

"Okay, but I'm still not happy with you for doing that. I think you should really go."

"Alright, alright, I'll go. But not until you give me a hug." I roll my eyes, trying to keep my angry face on - which is proving hard when he makes me want to burst out laughing. I give him a small hug before showing him the door. When he leaves, I go and stand in front of the mirror, tracing the mark with my fingertip. I suddenly feel older, maybe even a little sexy. Hormones, Elizabeth. I think, smiling and shaking my head. George is intoxicating.

After calling Charlotte back, we have a very odd conversation. Apparently, after the party, Colin walked her home. He told her about what happened between the two of us and how he felt extremely rejected. To cut a long story short, Colin has already moved on from me, and onto Charlotte.

"Oh god. I'm sorry. What are you going to do?" I ask after she tells me he invited her to dinner.

"Well, that's the thing. I ended up agreeing." She admits. My jaw drops. "Before you say anything, I'd like to remind you that Beth is right, we'll be social outcasts if we go to college without having ever had a boyfriend. And Colin isn't that bad really. Sure he's awkward and sort of weird, but so am I! Beggars cannot be choosers, Elizabeth. We're not all as lucky as you and Jane to be pretty enough to have a wider choice of men."

"But Charlotte-"

"Lizzie, you can't persuade me otherwise. I just wanted to tell you before you found out from anyone else. Goodbye."

What is happening?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

12.7K 79 7
This adaption of the classic novel retells the story of Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy as an amorous tale while attempting to still remain as...
1.7K 211 45
In the best traditions of Jane Austen's novels here is a modern love story of a young girl, Sophie Burns, a student of an art college, and a famous m...
1.7K 82 17
Aria, a 25-year-old high school English teacher, finds solace in the pages of books, with a particular fondness for Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Hav...
29K 1.1K 38
Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet acknowledge their true feelings for one another - Follows on from The Beginning of Hope