The Gilbert Sister // The Vam...

By Miatmk

• 2nd book of The Gilbert Sister series • (S2) Torn between whats right and wrong Damons choices might just g... More

• The Return •
• Brave New World •
• Bad Moon Rising •
• Memory Lane •
• Kill or be Killed •
• Plan B •
• Masquerade •
• Rose •
• Katerina •
• The Sacrifice •
• By the Light of the Moon •
• The Descent •
• Daddy Issues •
• Crying Wolf •
• The Dinner Party •
• The House Guest •
• The Last Dance •
• Klaus •
Authors note
• The Last Day •
• The Sun Also Rises •
• As I Lay Dying •
Important!

• Know Thy Enemy •

11.2K 257 23
By Miatmk

Chapter Seventeen

"Again?" I hear Jenna's confused voice.

"So you're the woman who has been dating my husband," Isobel says looking her up and down. I walked down the stairs carefully in awe. "I need to speak to Elena may I come in?"

I shake my head "No! no no don't, don't invite her in" I panicked. Isobel looked at me with a sad face and looked back at Elena.

"Please if you would give me just-"

"No!" Elena cut her off and slammed the door.

I went to Elena's side "Why was she here?" My heart raced knowing that she might still be behind the door.

"You both knew she was alive?" I turned to Jenna and saw her eyes filled with hurt and confusion.

"It's not like that Jenna," I said taking her hand in mine.

She pulled her hand away and shook her head "Alaric and John did they know too?" I looked to Elena who had tears running down her face."Oh god" Jenna ran up the stairs and Elena went after her. I stayed downstairs and heard Jenna's door slam.

All night Elena tried to talk to Jenna and in the morning Jenna left without a word. "Hey, any word from Jenna?" Elena said coming into my room.

"No she won't answer her phone" I hugged my legs to my chest and tried to call her again but she must have shut off her phone.

I heard someone at my door and looked up to find John. "Yes? Do you need anything?" I asked with a slight attitude.

"Nina, can you come downstairs, please? I need to talk to you" he said without stepping into my room.

"I have absolutely nothing to say to you" I got up and went to close my bedroom door. "This is all your fault, now if you don't mind I would like to be alone" he held the door open before I could close it.

"Please, it's important, I've already asked Stefan and Elena" after he finished his sentence I see Elena and Stefan walk out her room and head over to us.

"Nina, it's ok," Stefan said nodding.

I looked at Elena who looked angry. Stefan probably convinced her to listen to John. We all went downstairs together. We turned the corner to go to the kitchen but everyone stopped walking and I heard Elena gasp. I was behind Stefan who quickly turned to look at me. I looked in front and saw Isobel. Calmly walking towards us in our house.

"I asked John for a do-over" my eyes were wide and I stayed behind Stefan.

Elena looked to John with anger "You invited her in?"

John shrugged and looked as calm as Isobel did "She has information about Klaus" He risked our lives and invited this woman into the only safe place we have! "Please listen to her"

I stepped next to Stefan and looked up at him. I looked to see if he thought this was a good idea. He looked down at me and sighed. "Ok, what do you know?"

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus" I listened carefully trying to take in any infromation I could. "We knew our best chance was to find him before he would find you"

"Best chance at what?" Stefan cut in.

"Keeping Elena alive" John answered and that only angered Elena even more.

"You don't get to talk, ok, not after everything you've done" She stopped shifting and went next to Stefan.

"Were you able to find Klaus?" Stefan asked Isobel.

"No. Nobody knows where he is, but these rumors are flying around that a doppelganger exists" I looked to Elena but Stefan just kept his eyes on Isobel waiting for more answers.

"Which means any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture you" John talked about Elena and I looked to her.

Elena shook her head and scoffed "I don't believe any of this"

"Elena maybe they could be telling the truth, I know how you feel but hear them out" I started "I want you to be safe" she smiled at me and nodded.

She looked to Isobel who started again "I have a safe house in your name, no vampire can get in unless you invite them, even me"

"Let her help you" John added.

"You wanna help?" Elena said walking towards Isobel.

"Yes"

"Then get the hell out of my house," She said glaring at Isobel. I looked at Elena shocked. I've never seen her like this before.

Later on, Damon showed up we all sat in the study. "Do you think they are telling the truth that words got out about the doppelganger?"

"Look I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning," Stefan says.

"You should just stay here so we can keep an eye on you" Damon adds smirking.

"In a House that any vampire can enter? No way Stefan, say something" I turn to him.

"Nina's right it's not safe here" Stefan agreed to glare at Damon who looked very relaxed with his legs on top of the fancy dark brown coffee table.

"So is that the plan? Neither of you will let me out of your sight again?" Elena asked

"Let me know when you come up with a better one," Damon said raising his brows.

"Ok well we have to get going, we have to get ready for the Lockwood Luncheon" Elena followed me out the door.

"Now please give a warm round of applause to Elena Gilbert" I stood next to Stefan who smiled warmly at Elena who went in front of the room to give her speech and except the award to mom from the historical society.

"The Historical Society was my mom's baby, she considered all of you family and would be honored and touched by this gift-" I jumped in my spot when something hits the stairs hard repeatedly. I turn around and gasp.

"Uncle John?" Everyone ran over to see if he was ok. I went to his side and Stefan came to check his pulse. Mayor's wife came and tried to stop everyone from panicking.

"Nina look" Stefan moved John's head slightly to reveal a vampire bite.

"Where's Elena?" Stefan took my hand and led me through the crowd.

"Hey, I'm calling Damon" Elena came over to us on the phone.

"Let's get out of here," Stefan says and leads us out the door.

"It's Isobel Damon it's gotta be" Elena speaks to Damon on the phone as we rush back to the car.

"Tell him he needs to get over here and deal with John's body" Stefan added.

"You've got some serious explaining to do to the council about John being not so dead" Elena hung up the phone and suddenly I heard a growl come from Stefan. He pushed Elena against the car with great force and she grunted.

"Stefan?! What are you doing!" I went to pull him off her but then. Elena stabbed Stefan with a needle filled with vervain.

"I'm sorry Stef but I can't have you following me" Oh god it's Katherine. She took Stefan and threw him over into the hedges.

"Stefan!"I turned to go to his side, but Katherine grabbed my arm.

"Ugh! Let go!" I yelled at her. "What did you do to Stefan!"

"Stop screaming you brat, I won't hesitate to snap your pretty little neck" she opened the back door and threw me in. "Now shut it and stay quiet"

Katherine eventually pulled up to a large mansion and dragged me out of the car. "What are you gonna do with me?" I asked as I was roughly dragged up the stairs.

Katherine unlocked the door and pushed me in. I looked around and saw very fancy furniture. "I'm at your house, but we have to hurry" Katherine spoke into her phone. "Damon knows your tricks" Isobel that little- "it will take him all of 20 minutes to figure out where you're staying"

I saw Katherine's face frown from the smirk she had on before. "who the hell?" she stood defensive.

I gasped as a man stood a few feet from me. "Um, Katherine?" She stood father from my side as he was right next to me. The man grabbed my arm and pulled me to him "Katherine!" I screamed. She hissed and went to attack but by then she stopped and started to scream in agony. She held her head in her hands and kept screaming until she finally fainted from the pain. "Katherine!"

"I'm not gonna hurt you" he began and let my arm go.

"What do you want from me?" I asked rubbing my bruised arm.

"Nothing I'll leave you here for your friends to find but I'm taking her" he pointed to Katherine. "But I can't have you running into trouble so-" he took my arm and brought me to one of the chairs in the big dining room. "Sit" I sat down and he took my arms and tied it to the chair.

"You're just gonna leave me here?" I asked looking around.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes and watched as he carried off Katherine on his shoulder.

It's been about 20 min and I'm still in this stupid chair. The door opened and I groaned "what took you guys so long!"

"Nina?" Stefan and Damon came over to me looking worried.

"Yes, you idiots it's me! Finally god I could have been killed" I rubbed my bruised wrists.

"You ok?" Stefan asked as he gazed at my wrists.

"Yea. But, I don't know about Katherine"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 18.2K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
370K 7.3K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...
91.1K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...