Sang's Dragon

By GBsang

A story about Sang, the first ever female to receive the mark of a dragon. Entering a world where males reign... More

IMPORTANT!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Twenty

17.3K 979 131
By GBsang

Sang

Something forbidden welled up deep within me. An endless spiral of darkness took up in the deepest pits of my soul, taking and taking until the light was about to be swallowed up forever. It was magical and sweet. Blissful and utterly addictive.

Darkness shouldn't taste so gratifying. It should have left a burning sensation on my tongue, yet I found myself wanting to relish in it.

What terrified me the most was feeling mine and Gideon's bond singing in glee when it was unlocked. We weren't just dragon and rider. We were The Dragon and Rider. Our connection amplified in multiples and it was the most glorious feeling in all the kingdoms.

At that moment, hearing the storm raging from above, I knew I was a goner. I could have swallowed up the entire village out of spite alone. To make it infinitely worse, I would have done it with a manic grin on my face. The only thing that brought me out of the power induced high was the pleading from my family and friends. North. Henry. Owen. Janice.

As I stared at the two people who made my life a lie, the warmth of Gideon's enraged breaths connecting with my back, all I could feel was that terrifyingly sweet darkness watching and waiting.  

"Little One," a deep voice said. Images of churned bodies and bloodied fangs flooded our bond, and instead of being afraid, I watched in cold detachment. 

"Gideon." My voice was faint.

"This can't be real," the man I used to call my father said as he wiped a bead of sweat from his paling forehead. His wife shook like a leaf beside him, all traces of intoxication gone.

"He wish," Gideon let out a snarl, both out loud and inside my head. The couple shrinked back. I looked at the others silently, watching as Gabriel and Luke also inched away. Looking hesitant, North took up stance on one side of me, while a smirking Jay took up the other.

I ignored Gideon's affronted snarl. He didn't want those pests protecting me because I was his and his only to protect.

"Who are you?" I asked in bitter quietness once I turned my attention back to the couple. "You've been outed already and have nothing else to lose. If you lie, I have a perfectly capable dragon who's more than ready for his next meal."

The woman narrowed her eyes at me. Gone was the terrified coward, in her place stood the arrogant and deranged person who ruined my life. "Don't speak to us like that, girl. We may not be your blood but we're still your parents."

"Gideon," I called tauntingly. North's shoulder brushed against mine as he tensed. Gideon's figure loomed over our heads and I could tell that it was taking all of the grumpy rider's courage to not back away. 

"That thing doesn't answer to you," she snarled, making Gideon rear back.

"Thing?" Gideon's voice tasted the word, like he couldn't believe it was coming from the human's mouth. "Thing?" He asked again, his consciousness poking mine. 

"This is your show now, Gideon." My resolve only hardened when I saw the pure ugliness in their eyes. "Scare them enough so I can get my answers, then after that, they're yours to do as you please."

Out loud, I spoke to everyone, "Please leave us." 

"Sang..." Owen spoke slowly, not liking the idea. 

"Please," I spoke again. I didn't want them witnessing what we were about to do. 

"I'm sorry but I can't let you," he replied. 

Fists clenched tightly, I opened my mouth to snap something at him, but Henry's voice cut me off. "That's not up to you, boy." Turning in my direction, he gave me a look of understanding and compassion. He, more than anyone, knew I needed to do this. If not for the years of abuse I was put through, then for my sanity. I needed answers, even if that meant doing despicable things to get them. 

After landing a kiss on the crown of my head, Henry grabbed a smug Janice and pulled her in the direction of their cottage. 

"Are you sure about this?" Owen asked quietly, giving me a scrutinizing look. Clenching my jaw and looking away, I nodded. 

"As you wish." He followed Henry and Janice.

"What?" North snapped and folded his arms over his chest. "I'm not leaving her here by herself." A loud snort from over my shoulder caught my attention so I looked up and found Gideon glaring daggers at North. 

"I'm not alone," I said while smiling fondly at the dragon. I would never be alone again. 

Glaring over his shoulder, Owen spoke in an icy tone, "We're all leaving. Sang will meet us once she's finished." 

"I'll be fine North Star." I reached for his hand and gave it a soft squeeze. "I need to do this on my own." His eyes softened considerably at the nickname and he released a long breath. Without saying another word, he pivoted on his feet and stomped after Owen.

A hand landed on my shoulder, and while looking up, I was met with soft eyes. "I hope you find your answers," Jay whispered in my ear. I almost shivered as his warm breath tickled at my skin. 

One by one, the riders left after showing their support. I watched as the last one rounded a bend in the trees before I took a deep breath and faced the cowering couple in front of me. 

"It's a little cold out here, isn't it? What do you say, Gideon? Should we warm it up a bit?"

"Finally," the dragon moaned before flames burst from his maw. 

•••
Nathan

We gathered in a circle near Henry's cottage. Instead of going inside, both him and his wife joined the rest of us as we stood in a tense silence, waiting on Sang. 

To keep from going insane, I decided to contact Laina. The last few weeks had been unbearable. Being away from each other took its toll on the both of us and I couldn't wait to reunite with her. Though things were bad at the Academy, at least when we returned, I could be around her freely instead of keeping her hidden in the forest.

I felt her giddiness as I gave her a little nudge. "How are things over there?" I asked. 

"Fine," she spoke. "What about there? Something happened. I felt a strange darkness."

"I don't know what it was," I said honestly. At first I thought it was Sang's awakening, which was something every rider went through, but that was different. Every rider had their heightened senses and strengths, but we also came with a little something extra—our own small form of magic. 

"Was it that girl?" She asked distastefully, her feminine voice dropping a pitch. Laina didn't like Sang because she was new and different. 

"Yes, it was. Something happened when her emotions took over. It's what started that storm."

"That doesn't sound good, Nate. Be careful around her," she spoke softly. I knew that we needed to tread carefully when it came to Sang, but I didn't think that she would do anything to purposely harm us. She was too good for that.

Before blocking her out, I sent a wave of warm reassurance through the bond. I didn't want her to worry about me. The last thing we needed was all of our dragons swooping into the village, scaring the villagers, just like the Tenebrous did.

"What the hell was that?" Gabriel  was the first to speak up. His face was ashen, indicating that he got quite the scare back there. "That wasn't anything fucking close to normal."

North kept his eyes on the trees, and instead of replying to Gabe, he merely grunted. Frowning, Luke kept his arms crossed and stared at the ground, obviously lost in thought.

"I don't know but I certainly plan on finding out," Owen said quietly, his eyes tightened at the corners. He didn't like being oblivious to what was going on. 

"I thought it was pretty cool." Silas shrugged. "And I hope Gideon eats those fuckers."

"For once, I might just agree with you, you giant ass islander," Gabriel said after he guffawed. 

Just like that, the tension was broke. I still had some lingering worries for Sang's safety but my hand were no longer shaking at my sides. I wanted to go back and carry her away from those awful people. They were supposed to love and cherish her like she was their own, not abuse her like they did.

After hearing the rumors floating around between the villagers, most of us had our own suspicions about her family, but we didn't realize it was that bad. My heart ached for her.

North grunted and nodded to himself before he started stalking away. "That's it. I'm going back."

"No, you're not. Get your ass right back here, boy," Henry snapped. I grimaced at the hostility in his tone, while still remaining grateful that it wasn't directed at me. Face turning purple, North opened his mouth to snap something back at him.

Henry sliced his hand through the air, immediately cutting him off. "You let her do this alone. She needs it more than you think."

"What do you mean?" Sean asked quietly while his hands remained in his pockets.

"What do you think I mean? You seen and heard the exact same thing I did. That's not even the worst they've put her through, I can guarantee it. So let her make her peace and be done with them."

"They've always treated her that way?"

"Yes." Henry's eyes strayed to the sky as he blew out a long breath. "They're not good people."

Gabriel snorted but kept his mouth shut.

"What's going to happen now that Gideon revealed himself?" I asked Kota and Victor, who were both standing next to me. The entire village saw him and word was going to spread like a wildfire. Pretty soon, Sang would have the entire kingdom's attention focused solely on her.

Kota frowned. "There's no way of knowing. We'll just have to keep her safe." 

"Hopefully we reach the Academy before the rumors do. We're steps ahead of Monroe right now, but if he finds out about Sang and Gideon before the rest of the council, he'll have a plan ready. We can't let that happen," Victor said with a grimace. I was wary of Sang, but I wouldn't feed her to the wolves, so I would do what I could to stop that from happening. 

Her innocent eyes and radiant smile flashed before my eyes, cementing my decision. I would protect her with everything I had and I knew my brothers would, too.

•••
Sang

My ears were ringing and my body became numb. "He's where?"

"You heard me," the bastard sneered. He was so stuck in the past that he payed no mind to Gideon's trembling growl or the scorching hot flames surrounding them in a circle. "He ruined my life so I decided to ruin his. I took his precious daughter away from him the moment your mother died in child birth. He was always the star child in our family. Getting the good grades, always doing the right thing. Our parents never payed me any mind because they were so focused on your precious father. When they passed on, they didn't leave me so much as a coin. They gave all the family fortune to him."

"You stole me because you didn't feel loved?" My voice was weak, even to my own ears. "Then you turned around and made sure I felt the same way? Was it your plan to make me feel how you felt all those years ago? Your wife tortured me for years and put scars on my body that will never fade. What do you have to say about that?"

His brown, blood shot eyes didn't stray from my own as he stayed silent. There was no guilt. No fear.  

"Unbelievable," I muttered. Having got all my answers, I casted a glance at Gideon, who watched the couple with barely concealed hunger. He wanted them dead hours ago after sifting through my memories of the years living in their home. "They're all yours."

I turned around and walked through the small path that led out of the flames. I didn't mind the screams coming from behind. If anything, I relished in them.

I said nothing as I made my trek to Henry's cottage, with Gideon trailing behind me soaked in blood.

My mind remained blank. I wasn't ready to face the truths I learned. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 8.1K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
177K 10.5K 42
COMPLETED Mad: •Insane •Very angry •Great, remarkable Sang Sorenson is mad. Very mad. But growing up in the mafia with an abusive family, who wouldn'...
44.1K 2.8K 41
When Derrick died, someone sang loved dearly and considered as a father figure. Leaving her to her abusive family. Things begin to change as she lear...
317K 13.7K 82
This is a Fan fiction of Ghost Bird series. I have had this in my head for a while and was going to upload it to another website and then the complic...