Remembering Hermione {Part Tw...

By Ferret_Princess

This is the sequel to Remembering Hermione. After months of searching, Draco finally finds Hermione. But Her... More

"Hermione."
The Diner
Potter
Author's Note
Narcissa's House
Author's Note
The Truth
Dinner
AUTHORS NOTE
AUTHORS NOTE
AUTHORS NOTE
Reunion
Flowers
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Letters and Roses
Work
Decisions, Decisions

Surprise

1.9K 56 7
By Ferret_Princess

Hey guys!!!

Well, we're back!! I'm so excited for this update! I hope you all enjoy!!

Half of this story got deleted so if the ending seems choppy it's because i had to rewrite it and I couldn't get inspiration back for it.

{Hermione's POV}

I apparated back to the Ministry in London and locked myself in the Minister's office. Since Kingsley was still in Liverpool dealing with current affairs there, he granted me permission to use his office in London during my business trip. I threw myself in his big comfy chair and sighed. Why did I ever think that Draco could still feel that way about me? He was just a foul, evil, loathsome little cockroach, not to mention a liar too.

He didn't still love me. He never loved me at all. He just used me to get to where he wanted to be in life, and when I found out he lied about the Dark Mark and left, he felt guilty. He didn't miss me, just the toy he could once push around at his every whim. Not anymore. I was done being his little pet. This is not the Hermione Granger I know. This is not the Hermione Granger I am.

Deciding I was permanently done with the ferret, I pushed Draco out of my mind and decided to do what I came here to do. I broke into the big stack of papers left on Kingsley's desk by one of his interns, and got to work.

Almost ten minutes later, the door swung open. I looked up briskly, wand hand at my side, ready to battle whoever was on the other side.

It was only Harry. I exhaled and put my wand hand back on the desk.

"Hermione, there you are!", he said, out of breath. "I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"Oh Harry, you frightened me!", I said, putting a hand on my chest, trying to steady my heart beat. "What is so bloody important that you had to interrupt me from my work?" Harry stepped into the office and shut the door behind him. He took a step toward me.

"Hermione, what happened? Did Malfoy do something? I swear to Godric if he hurt you-"

"Harry, calm down. Everything is fine. We just got a little overwhelmed with everything going on right now. Its fine. He didn't even lay a finger on me.", I interrupted, slightly annoyed.

"Did he say anything?", Harry asked.

"Well, no, but-"

"Did you say something?"

"Harry, it really doesn't matter who said what. We didn't really say anything, to be honest. Everything is fine. Just please, let it go."

Harry exhaled, his shoulders relaxing. "Alright Hermione, I trust you."

I relaxed too. "Thank you, Harry. Now, if you don't mind, I've got work to do."

Harry coughed awkwardly. "Yeah, sure Hermione. I'll just leave you to whatever it is you're doing." He stepped back and opened the door. I looked back toward my work. "Oh, Hermione?"

"Hmm?", I said, not looking up from the hundreds of documents spread across my desk.

"Ron, Ginny, Neville, Luna, and I were gonna go out for dinner and drinks tonight. Would you like to join us?"

I looked up at him. It'd been so long since I'd seen my old school mates. It would be weird if I just showed up again. Of course, Ginny would be furious. She was my best friend, and I just up and left, like leaving her didn't even matter. She would probably hit me with her purse like an old woman the second she saw me. I'd be lucky if she didn't put a hex on me. She was known for that.

But, on the other hand, I did miss my friends like crazy. I suppose it would be fun to hang out together, like old times. But I did have what seemed like years of paperwork to do. I looked up at Harry. He looked at me with his green puppy dog pleading eyes. I could tell this was more for him than it was for me. I sighed.

"Alright Harry. I'll be there. Where is it?"

"We'll pick you up. Where are you staying?", he asked.

I decided it would feel a little weird to have a group of witches and wizards crowding my hotel door, so I decided to go to them.

"Actually, I'll meet you at Godric's Hollow. My place is a little untidy.", I lied. "What time should I be there?"

Harry grinned at me. "How does eight sound?"

"Lovely.", I replied. He smiled again and quietly shut the door.

I sighed again, looking at the clock. It was already 6:30 at night. I decided I'd better go home and freshen up before meeting with the old Hogwarts gang.

I apparated home, throwing my briefcase on the sofa. I hopped in the shower. When I got out, I used a spell to quick-dry my hair, before putting it up in a ponytail, my stubborn hair still flying every which way through the hair-tie like it did everyday throughout my years of school. I'd

ultimately given up on taming my hair years ago, so I just let it fall where it lies. On days where it seemed too wild to manage, I'd simply put it up into a ponytail like I did tonight.

I put on a casual light blue dress that fit my figure perfectly, and applied a little makeup. I was never big on makeup, but every now and then, it was nice to feel a little prettier than usual. Feeling more tired than usual, I slid on a pair of white flats rather than my usual practical heels. I looked up at the clock. 7:30. I decided to head out, grabbing my purse and apparating to Godric's Hollow.

When I arrived at the Potter house, I admired the fascinating view before my eyes.

After we graduated from Hogwarts, Harry moved into the Weasley house. After Harry proposed to Ginny, they decided they needed a little more space for the two of them. Ginny wanted a nice cottage in the middle of a meadow, near the beach, so that she and Harry would still have some space to practice Quidditch, because after she graduated, she was offered a position on the Holyhead Harpies, her favorite Quidditch team. But Harry had other ideas in mind. Ever since he and I went to Godric's Hollow and went to his mother and father's old home and their graves during the second wizarding war, he wanted to fix up the old Potter home and make it his. Ginny was against the idea, of course, but after months of consideration, and Harry's constant pleading, she eventually gave in. The whole Weasley family helped rebuild James and Lily's home and within a few months, it stood more beautiful than ever. I left before it was finished, so I never got to see the finished product, so this was a surprise to me.

I'd never seen something so beautiful. The home looked just like it did before, but brand new! It had a brand new paint job, new windows, a fancy new door, and no giant hole in the roof! I approached the gate. In the place of the old plaque that once stood, telling the story of James and Lily's legacy and how one little baby banished a powerful wizard from the wizarding world for ten years, stood a quaint little mailbox, with Potter painted on the side of it. I chuckled to myself. I guess Harry grew accustomed to a few simple muggle things while living with the Dursleys. I opened the gate, it squeaked a little, but not by much. 'Harry must have replaced that too', I thought to myself.

I approached the front door and knocked. Moments later, the door opened, and Harry greeted me, welcoming me inside.

"You have such a lovely home, Harry.", I said. "I love what you've done with it."

"Thanks, 'Mione. I'll admit, it was a lot of work, but it was worth it. This is where I was born. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.", Harry replied. "Ginny doesn't know you're coming yet. I wanted it to be a surprise. She's upstairs getting ready right now. She should be down soon."

I only looked at Harry. "Ginny doesn't know I'm back yet?", I asked. Harry shook his head.

"I couldn't think of the right time to tell her. You know if I had she wouldn't leave me alone until I brought her to you. And then when you agreed to come to dinner with us tonight, I thought, 'well now I don't have to tell her'.", he chuckled at that last bit, and I laughed a bit myself. I noticed a small picture frame on a table only a few feet away from me. I walked toward it and picked it up. I recognized the two people in the picture from previous photos I'd seen. It was a picture of Harry's parents, James and Lily Potter, holding what seemed to be an almost newborn Harry. He looked far younger from any of the other pictures I'd seen of Harry as a baby.

"I found that when we were remodeling the house. It was in a different picture frame, of course, but that one was shattered, so we replaced it. That photo was taken just a few weeks after my birth.", Harry said, standing behind me.

"You miss them dearly, don't you, Harry?"

"Of course I do. Every waking moment. They were my parents, Hermione." I nodded. I suppose that was a silly question to ask. Harry had a bit of sadness in his eyes before clearing his throat.

"Well I should go see what's keeping Ginny.", he said, desperately trying to evade the conversation. "Make yourself at home." I nodded. He disappeared up the stairs. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

{Ginny's POV}

"Hey love? Where are you?", I heard Harry call from the hallway.

“In here Harry!”, I called from our bedroom. I was putting in my favorite gold earrings mum gave me for my birthday. Harry entered wearing a casual black suit and matching black shoes. His normally messy hair was styled with gel. He looked so good. Don’t get me wrong, I love his messy hair, but there’s just something about a dressed up man that makes me crazy. I took another long hard look at him. Merlin, was I in love with him.

“Almost ready, love?”, he asked me, breaking me from my trance.

“Yes, just finishing up.”, I replied. He grinned.

“Great.”, he said. “Because I have a surprise for you.”

I looked at my husband. “Surprise?”

“Yes.”

“What is it?”

“I can’t tell you that. You’ll just have to wait and see.”

I looked at Harry in frustration. I hated when he did this.

“Wait for what?”

He didn’t respond. He just looked at me.

“C’mon Gin. We’ll be late.”

I rolled my eyes. He gestured for me to exit the bedroom first. I walked past him and walked toward the stairs. I walked down the stairs and saw the back of a head sitting on the couch. I turned around and looked at Harry, and he grinned at me. I walked toward the sofa and as the person heard me coming, they stood up. As I locked eyes with the figure, I dropped my purse, the contents spilling out everywhere.

“Hermione?”

Hey guys!!

So  what'd you think??

Let me know in the comments!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
1.1K 11 25
Hermione and Draco have come back to finish their 8th year at Hogwarts after the Great Wizarding War. Both are finding it difficult to forget the pas...
748 46 5
"It's a date, Granger," he winked just as he disappeared under his Disillusionment Charm, leaving her in a state of elation combined with panic. Appa...
230K 6.4K 77
Hermione has already spent a week as a captive at the Malfoy Manor and so much has changed. After being attacked by Crabbe and stealing his wand she...