Surprise

Hey guys!!!

Well, we're back!! I'm so excited for this update! I hope you all enjoy!!

Half of this story got deleted so if the ending seems choppy it's because i had to rewrite it and I couldn't get inspiration back for it.

{Hermione's POV}

I apparated back to the Ministry in London and locked myself in the Minister's office. Since Kingsley was still in Liverpool dealing with current affairs there, he granted me permission to use his office in London during my business trip. I threw myself in his big comfy chair and sighed. Why did I ever think that Draco could still feel that way about me? He was just a foul, evil, loathsome little cockroach, not to mention a liar too.

He didn't still love me. He never loved me at all. He just used me to get to where he wanted to be in life, and when I found out he lied about the Dark Mark and left, he felt guilty. He didn't miss me, just the toy he could once push around at his every whim. Not anymore. I was done being his little pet. This is not the Hermione Granger I know. This is not the Hermione Granger I am.

Deciding I was permanently done with the ferret, I pushed Draco out of my mind and decided to do what I came here to do. I broke into the big stack of papers left on Kingsley's desk by one of his interns, and got to work.

Almost ten minutes later, the door swung open. I looked up briskly, wand hand at my side, ready to battle whoever was on the other side.

It was only Harry. I exhaled and put my wand hand back on the desk.

"Hermione, there you are!", he said, out of breath. "I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"Oh Harry, you frightened me!", I said, putting a hand on my chest, trying to steady my heart beat. "What is so bloody important that you had to interrupt me from my work?" Harry stepped into the office and shut the door behind him. He took a step toward me.

"Hermione, what happened? Did Malfoy do something? I swear to Godric if he hurt you-"

"Harry, calm down. Everything is fine. We just got a little overwhelmed with everything going on right now. Its fine. He didn't even lay a finger on me.", I interrupted, slightly annoyed.

"Did he say anything?", Harry asked.

"Well, no, but-"

"Did you say something?"

"Harry, it really doesn't matter who said what. We didn't really say anything, to be honest. Everything is fine. Just please, let it go."

Harry exhaled, his shoulders relaxing. "Alright Hermione, I trust you."

I relaxed too. "Thank you, Harry. Now, if you don't mind, I've got work to do."

Harry coughed awkwardly. "Yeah, sure Hermione. I'll just leave you to whatever it is you're doing." He stepped back and opened the door. I looked back toward my work. "Oh, Hermione?"

"Hmm?", I said, not looking up from the hundreds of documents spread across my desk.

"Ron, Ginny, Neville, Luna, and I were gonna go out for dinner and drinks tonight. Would you like to join us?"

I looked up at him. It'd been so long since I'd seen my old school mates. It would be weird if I just showed up again. Of course, Ginny would be furious. She was my best friend, and I just up and left, like leaving her didn't even matter. She would probably hit me with her purse like an old woman the second she saw me. I'd be lucky if she didn't put a hex on me. She was known for that.