Reunion

{Hermione’s POV}

“Hermione?”

Ginny stared at me in awe, her jaw dropped. I became very uneasy. My stomach was doing flips. I wasn’t sure how she was going to react once she regained her senses. She was probably going to hit me repeatedly with something. Thank goodness Harry was here to pull her off of me if she were to attack.

But she didn’t do anything. She didn’t even say anything. She just stood there, jaw dropped, hands at her sides. Harry stood awkwardly in the background.

“H-hi Gin.”, I managed to say, shaking vigorously and stuttering at every other word.

After a few awkward silent moments, Ginny finally blinked and came back to earth.

“H-Hermione. Is that really you?”, she said.

“Yes?”, I said, hoping she wouldn’t hit me, not too hard at least. I deserved a few Ginny Weasley-worthy punches.

But she didn’t do or say anything. She just continued to stare at me. It felt even more uncomfortable than before, if that was even possible.

Just then, she came running toward me. I braced myself for the worst, and tensed up and shut my eyes as tight as I could.

But she didn’t hit me.

Instead, I felt a pair of arms wrap tightly around me. Tighter than I’ve ever felt before. I was losing oxygen flow to my lungs.

“Gin, a little too tight”, I said, between short, exasperated breaths. My arm suddenly felt wet.

Ginny released me and looked at me. She was crying.

“Oh ‘Mione, it really is you!”, she said. I smiled.

“Yeah, its me.”

She hugged me again, this time, not as tight. This time, I was able to hug her back. It felt so nice to hug my best friend again. I missed her more than I care to admit. I started to tear up myself.

“Oh ‘Mione, I missed you so much!”, she said, still hugging me.

“I missed you too, Gin.”, I replied.

She suddenly let me go and looked me in the eye.

“Hermione, where did you go? You missed our wedding!”

“Your wedding?”, I asked. My eyes roamed down to her left hand. There was a beautiful gold wedding ring and her engagement ring around her finger. My jaw dropped.

“Oh, Gin, I don’t know what to say. I’m so s-”

“Don’t worry about it.”, Ginny interrupted me. “I’m just glad you’re home.” She hugged me again.

Harry cleared his throat. “I hate to interrupt the reunion, but we’ll be late for meeting Neville and Luna.”

Ginny looked at Harry. “You’re right.”, she said. “Let’s go.”

Harry offered both of his arms to us, as we apparated to a diner in downtown London.

“What a beautiful place.”, I said, admiring the restaurant.

“You’ve never been here?”, Ginny asked me.

“No.”, I said. “This place is far too fancy for me. I always went to Stax with Draco.”

His name got caught in my throat as soon as I said it. I became upset with myself for even thinking about that ferret prat. He was nothing but scum of the wizarding world, and that's all he will ever be.