hawkins, indiana ► wheeler

By -cherrycoIa

"well, you're an idiot mike wheeler" [ a mike wheeler + reader story; stranger things ] [ mild language; mini... More

key
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
---
nine
ten
eleven
twelve

eight

4.2K 121 570
By -cherrycoIa

Your POV - Friday, 3:36 pm

"How about this one?" Will offered, holding up a green dress with frilly sleeves. You made a face and he dropped his arms and sighed. "Okay okay . . . this?" He asked hopefully, showing you a ball gown like white dress.

"Will! I appreciate you helping me, but it's not like I'm getting married!"

He groaned and ran his hands through his hair. "At this speed, you'll be going to the dance naked." He told you with a twinge of sarcasm. You ran your hands through the racks of dresses and shrugged.

"We'll find something." You reassured him. But, he wasn't really listening. You heard him gasp and he turned around, grinning wildly.

"I found the one!" He said, lifting up a short, pastel pink dress. It shimmered in the direct sunlight and you took it from Will's hands.

"It's perfect!" Will nodded his head, proud of himself and shoved you into a dressing room. You quickly locked the door and changed. The dress in general was pretty tight to your body, but it flowed out from the waist, to where it ended at the knees. You looked at yourself in the mirror, admiring the color and simplicity of the dress.

"I want to see!" Will shouted from outside of the dressing room. You chuckled and opened the door, spinning for Will. You put your arms in the air and smiled. He let out a small squeal and grabbed your hands, jumping up and down. You thanked him at least ten times and he smiled proudly, hugging you.

"Well, I'm not the gay best friend for nothing."

--

Your POV - Saturday, 4:42 pm

"You look so grown up." Benny said, smiling when you walked out in your dress. Your mom out her hands over her mouth and looked at you fondly. 

She reached out and grabbed your hands."You look beautiful sweetheart." Benny walked up next to your mom and tilted his head.

"When did you start wearing all that makeup?" He said, slightly concerned. Your mom patted his shoulder and laughed.

"It's a special night, Ben, let her be." Benny just shook his head.

"I don't think I can call you kiddo anymore." He stated and opened his arms up. "Come here." You hugged him, still unable to wipe the smile off of your face. You were happy that, even if your real dad couldn't be here, Benny was. Benny was always there for you. There was a soft knock on the door and you pulled away.

"He's here!" You opened the door to find Mike, in a black tuxedo, holding out a light pink flower. He gave you a crooked smile, and rocked back on his heels.

"H-hi." He said simply and glanced between you and Benny, who was standing right behind you. You smiled and broke out into a small laugh.

"Hi." Mike looked down nervously and fumbled with the flower in his hands.

"I-i got two flowers," he said gesturing to the one in his tuxedo pocket. "But then Will told me that the girl isn't supposed to have one, u-unless they're wearing a tux, which your not and I just thought it was pretty so I kept it but-" he shook his head, realizing he was rambling. He pinned the flower in your hair and blushed.

"You look beautiful." He stuttered. You smoothed out your dress and fiddled with your necklace.

"And you look handsome." You winked at him playfully. However, he seemed a bit too distracted by Benny's stare to notice.

"And you two better not to anything stupid while you're out." You raised your eyebrows and hit Benny's chest semi-hard.

I swear to god

Dustin honked the horn and you turned to your mom and Benny.

"We should get going." You told them grabbing Mike's hand and running down the porch stairs, to Dustin's dad's truck.

"Make smart choices!" Your mom called after the two of you and you sighed. You got into the truck next to Mike and Will turned to the two of you from the passengers side. He held up an expensive looking camera and smiled.

"It's Jonathon's, but he let me borrow it so that I could take pictures at the dance." He said quickly and clicked the button, sending off a blinding flash. You were certain your eyes were closed but it didn't matter at the moment.

"So," Will started excitedly. "How good does y/n look?" The guys nodded their heads and Mike looked down at you lovingly.

"Incredible." He kissed your forehead. You smiled but then pulled away, and put your head in your hands.

"What about Eleven? Oh god she must be-"

"Don't worry about her, she didn't want to come anyways." Lucas said. "She doesn't like big crowds . . . or loud sounds." You nodded and adjusted the flower behind your ear. You pulled open the roof window and climbed onto Mike's lap again. You hoisted yourself up and sat on the roof, letting your arms fly behind you.

--

"You look older." You told Mike, taking a sip of the punch. "Is your hair shorter?" He smiled shyly and put his hand on his neck.

"Not much. Nancy cut my bangs earlier."

"They look good."

"You look good." Mike stepped toward you and smiled smugly. You looked away, flustered and choked on your words.

"a-sh-ju-sthc-mike!" You hit his chest playfully. He put a finger underneath your chin and gave a small shrug.

"What? I can't compliment my own girlfriend?" He leant down and kissed your lips.

"We're dating" you said with a bit of question. His face lingered above yours.

"I just kissed you! Also we almost, Y'know 'did it' in the staff room of the diner the oth-" you shoved him playfully.

"Keep your voice down!" You whisper-shouted. "And how do you expect me to know what's happening. I've never had a boyfriend before."

"What, do you go around screwing guys who aren't-" you groaned.

"No, that's not what I meant. I just, I just didn't know it was official; that's all."

"Well now you do. You, young lady are dating the Mike Wheeler."

"I'm a very lucky girl." You rolled your eyes but smile anyway. Will walked up next to you and put a hand on your shoulder.

"Damn right you are." Mike raised his eyebrows at Will and laughed.

"Not like that!" Will exclaimed, crossing his arms. "Jesus Christ not everything's about you, Mike. I may be homosexual but that does not mean I'm attracted to every male I see." He spat with a smile tugging on his lips.

"Yes you are!" Mike chuckled. "You literally told the cashier at the tux rental place he was cute." Will looked away bashfully.

"That was an accident." You laughed and hugged Will.

"I've got to go to the restroom. Be right back!" You told the boys and walked towards the ladies room. Someone cut in front of you and parked themselves directly in your way. You looked up to meet Troy's cold stare.

"How are you princess? Is Mr. co-caption treating you well?" He sneered, standing uncomfortably close to you and nearly breathing down your neck.

"Fuck off Troy." You said, attempting to push past him. He ripped the flower from your hair and pushed you into the nearby wall.

"Bitch." He said, walking off. You picked up the flower, which was now crumpled and on its way to wilting. You hurried to the gym doors and pushed your way through the people on the dance floor.

He just had to go and be a douchebag on a night like tonight?

 You ran into the parking lot when you felt a hand grab yours.

"Y/n?" El said with confusion on her face.

"El! You came." You hugged her, which she was most likely not expecting, considering the two of you got off to a rough start. After a minute she pulled away and smiled.

"Joyce helped me pick out a dress and she drove me here. I wanted to come, even though I know there would be a lot of people." You smiled and let out a small laugh.

"Well, I'm glad you came. I know the boys will be happy to see you." She looked to the ground and sighed, pulling at her hair.

"No. Not Mike. He's not happy with me right now," you pulled her hands away from her hair because she was starting to scratch at her head.

"Why would Mike be mad at you? He loves you!" You reassured her. She shook her head.

"No, Mike loves you. He told me that, and I tried to tell him why he loves me instead. And I made you upset. That's why he's mad. He doesn't like it when people he loves are in pain." She said, finally meeting your eyes. Tears brimmed the tops of her cheeks and she let out a shaky breath.

"He doesn't need me anymore." El whispered quietly.

"Oh, El" you pulled her in for a hug and she let tears run down her face and onto your shoulder freely. She mumbled something you couldn't hear into the hug and pulled away, wiping her tears.

"Y/n!" A voice called out and you turned your head to see Max waving to you and jogging to where the two of you stood. Her ginger hair was wrapped up into an elegant messy bun and her green dress bounced as she ran.

"Hey! Who's your friend?" You looked from her to Eleven.

"Uh- this is-"

"El." She said, tapping her heels together. Max nodded.

"Nice to meet ya. Hey, do you know where Dustin is? I'm kinda late." Max explained, twisting in her dress. "Damnit this thing is tight."

"Yeah, he's with the other boys. Come with us, El and I were just going."

--

Your POV - Saturday, 6:53 pm

You leaned against the dessert table and sighed. It was crazy to think you'd only lived here for three weeks. You already had amazing friends, and an even better boyfriend. Not to mention that your mom just found a job. And actually, your mom was starting to like it here as much as you were. She'd been spending more time with the Byers family and grown quite attached to Joyce. She really needed someone to talk to, and both of them knew what the other was going through. You yawned and let your head fall to the side. Thinking about all of this made you really drowsy and almost . . . dizzy? Mike walked up to you and layed your head against his chest. A slow song came on and Mike swayed to the rhythm, moving the hair out of your face.

( this didn't come out in the 80's or anything but I recommend listening to Open Season by the High Highs while reading this next part :) and to Emily: I guess I'm not being very historically correct anymore. Am I still adorable ;)

"Dance with me?" He offered with a crooked smile. You laughed and shook your head.

"I can't dance."

"Yeah, me neither." He pulled away and grabbed your hand. "Let's just wing it." He said with a shrug and you laughed, following him onto the dance floor.

He placed his hands on your waist and you reached up to drape your hands around his neck. The two of you swayed slightly off beat and shuffled your feet. Mike stepped forwards when you went backwards and attempted to move to the rhythm; which didn't work. You laughed and he let out a low chuckle. "This is actually a lot harder than it looks." He said, smirking. He lifted your right hand and spun you outwards, and then pulled you back in. You rested your head against his chest and the two of you just swayed as one. You listened to his heartbeat, which was increasing rapidly. Even though he was nervous, it soothed you to be close to him. He kissed your temple softly and you hugged him tighter, closing your eyes.

"Y/n." He breathed out, almost too quiet for you to hear. You hummed in response and continued swaying. "Let's go home." You nodded and pulled away, which Mike seemed disappointed about. The slow song stopped and the other students cheered as another came on.

--

Mike's POV

♪ come on eileen! ♪

Y/n turned to me and smiled widely.

"It's my song!" She jumped and looked Ike's at me with anticipation.

♪ poor old johnny ray♪

"Yeah! Now let's get out of here. I'm-"

♪ sounded sad upon the radio; moved a million hearts in mono ♪

"What? We can't go home now!" She shouted over the music and ran backwards into the crowd of people, where the center of the dance floor was.

♪ our mothers cried. Sang along, who'd blame them? ♪

She mouthed the words and shook her shoulders. She turned and gestured for me to come over with her pointer finger with a wild smile.

♪ you've grown. so grown. And now I must say, more than ever, ♪

I shook my head and tried not to smile. She just continued to jump around and kick her legs out, low to the ground.

♪ too ra loo ra too ra loo rye aye ♪

She spun, letting her h/l hair fly around her, and her the skirt of her dress flew up, twirling around her legs.

♪ and we can sing just like our fathers ♪

A small circle of people formed around her as she twirled, oblivious to everyone watching. She put her hands behind her head, tangled in her hair and did a small skip.

♪ come on eileen! Oh I swear, at this moment, you mean everything ♪

She ran foreword and grabbed my hand, dragging me back into the center of the circle. She interlocked our hands and swung them, mouthing the words to me.

♪ oh you in that dress, well my thoughts, I confess, ♪

She let go of my hands and I watched her spin, mesmerizingly.

she's beautiful. She's beautiful, and I love her.

♪ verge on dirty. ah, come on eileen ♪

Y/n ran her hands down the sides of her body and blew me a kiss, playfully.

Suddenly Max ran in, putting an arm around y/n and nodding her head along to the music. The crowd that had gathered around y/n dispersed, and soon everyone was dancing. A small pair of hands held mine and shook my hands excitedly.

"Dance?" El asked with a giddy smile. I laughed and nodded at her 'dance moves' which mostly consisted of small shrugs and a lot of jumping.

"Sure." I agreed, smiling down at her. She broke into a fit of laughter and jumped to the beat. I watched her 'dance' but her eyes were closed; she was in her own little world. I looked over to where Y/n, Max, and Dustin ran around in a circle. Will was dancing wildly next to Lucas and embarrassing him in the process.

Those losers.

--

Mike's POV - Saturday, 9:48 pm

I rubbed y/n's shoulder and she didn't budge. She laid, head on my chest, and curled up in my lap, in the backseat of Dustin's truck.

"N/n we're here." Her eyelids fluttered and she yawned, stretching out her arm to loop around the back of my neck.

"Mikey, I'm tired." She slurred.

 Damn, someone must've spiked the punch 

"I know love, I know." She nodded her head lazily and wrapped her other arm around my neck.

"What time is it? Like 1:00 in the morning?" She asked, half conscious. I laughed quietly. Fortunately, her mom and Benny allowed her to sleep over with the rest of the guys and I after the dance. And thank god they did, because it be dead by tomorrow if they knew how . . . strange she was acting at the moment.

"It's only ten, baby." I picked can her up, wrapping my arms around her upper thighs and back.

"Mike." She whispered with closed eyes. I carried her through the door and down to the basement, where the other guys were changing into the pajamas. I hummed in response and set her down on the couch.

"I love you."

"I love you too, now lift your arms up, you can't sleep in your dress."

"Why not? I like it." She pouted, fumbling with my shirt. "I feel pretty when I wear it." She smiled to herself, blinking her eyes open.

"You do look pretty. You can sleep in it I guess-" she broke out into a fit of laughter and laid down on the couch. I sat next to her and rubbed her arm.

Was she high right now?

"Thank you honey. honey, honey bunches, honey bunches of oats," she said in a sing songy voice. She gasped and her eyes flew open. "Do you have those?" She shouted, excitedly.

"Shhh." I tried not to laugh and put a finger up to her lips, which were a dark and faded red from her lipstick. "Yeah, I'll go get you some, just stay here okay." She nodded and took off her shoes. I slipped off my suit jacket and unbuttoned the dress shirt I wore to the dance.

I walked upstairs and into the kitchen, picking up a bowl and the box of cereal. Putting milk in it probably wasn't the best idea right now. Considering the state she's in, she'd probably spill it on herself or in the floor, and neither were good outcomes. I carried them downstairs to find her passed out on the couch.

Someone definitely spiked the punch.

I set the cereal and bowl down on the coffee table and smiled at her peaceful figure. I lifted her enough to slide underneath and she curled up next to me on the couch. I kissed the top of her head and nuzzled my cheek into the crook of her neck.

And I was definitely too tired to notice or care about the bright flash of Will's camera going off.

--

word count - 3111

Ok first of all this chapter was long as flippity shit like 3,000 words? That's more words than reads in two of my books combined. Which is sad because I actually didn't feel like this chapter was written very well, but it took forever, so I hope you guys like it. Second of all, shoutout to my main hoes @msmonet0920 and @SkyWolfhardXo bc they're my favorite people. And double shoutout to my more recent friends on here @pastelreads and @lovleyhowell ily all💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747 38 23
- "𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦." 𝑺𝒚𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒂 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 𝒙 𝑬𝒅𝒅𝒊�...
43.8K 644 12
𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒 𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬. 𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 �...
313K 6.1K 106
Millie imagines 🙃
386 8 9
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʙʏꜱɪᴛᴛᴇʀꜱ || ꜱᴛᴇᴠᴇ ʜᴀʀʀɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ uoʇɓuıɹɹɐH ǝʌǝʇS || sɹǝʇʇısʎqɐᙠ ǝɥ⊥ Stranger Things Steve Harrington Steve Harrington x Reader Steve Harrington...