The Wrong Number {A One Direc...

By SophiaMoon

Alex likes One Direction, but isn't the biggest fan. But everything changes when she accidentally calls Harry... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six (Part A)
Chapter Six (Part B)
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

3K 16 1
By SophiaMoon

Chapter Thirteen

Oh, come on!! I was just about asleep when I had to remember. Ugh.

Just forget about it. Just go to sleep....

I couldn't. I sat up, grunting. I turned to Harry. He was asleep.

Fuck it. I got up. I'm going to figure this out. If i don't, it's going to kill me. I walked out the door. I walked next door to Niall's room. I knocked vigorously on his door. He answered, with Kirsten standing next to him.

"I can't take it. Tell me what happened!"

They looked at eachother, communicating with their eyes. I just wanted to know what happened, then go to sleep. Their faces turned back to me.

"Come on," they said. I followed them into the room. They sat on the bed, while I stood, waiting for an explanation.

I saw the regret and sadness in their facial expressions again. Oh, come on! Whatever they did, it could NOT be that bad.

"Well, last night we snuck out," Niall started. "And we-"

My pocket started to ring, loudly. My phone. Since when did I take it off vibrate?

"Sorry," I said. Niall shrugged.

I pulled it out of my pocket. It was a text, from Mackenzie. I opened it.

'Oh em geee!! Alex, did you hear what happened?!?'

I was assuming that she was talking about the whole Louis incident. So I replied; 'Yeah. Molly and Allison are probably crying aren't they?'

I put my phone down and got back to Niall. "Sorry," I repeated.

"It's fine." he said.

"It was just my friend back home."

"Well anyway," Kirsten said. "We snuck out last night, just to talk things over and stuff. And we were just driving around... Then we came across this-"

Suddenly, Liam came bursting through the door."I'm back. Louis's still hasn't woken up."

No one gives a shit. I just wanna hear what they fucking did!!

"Did the doctor say anything else?" Niall asked.

Oh my god, Niall! Forget about it! Louis's fine. Don't worry! Tell me the secret! I'm tired and desperate!

"Well, he said that he should be waking up early tomorrow morning, so I'm going back there at around five. Wanna come?"

"Uh, I don't know..." said Niall. Of course he didn't. No one wants to wake up at five am after this late night.

"Okay then. I'm going to bed. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight," said Kirsten, obviously annoyed. She was probably just as tired as I was.

Liam almost closed the door, when he marched right back into the room. I grunted. Now what?!

"Why are all three of you guys in here, anyway?"

"Um....." said Kirsten, "Just, uh- talking things over."

Liam looked at us suspiciously, but nodded. "Whatever." he closed the door and went to his bedroom.

Jesus, can we PLEASE get to the secret now?!

Just then, my phone rang again. Uugghhhhh!!!

I picked it up. Mackenzie again.

'Hell, even I was crying. This is really bad. What if he doesn't wake up?! What will 1D do?! Alex I'm so worried!!!'

I replied, saying; 'Calm down! He should be waking up soon. The doctor said that he'll be up and running in just a day. It's okay.'

I focused my attention back to Kirsten and Niall. Fucking interruptions. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't learn the secret...?

No. I'm finding out what this is if it kills me. Hell, it'll kill me even if I don't find out what it is! So either way, I die. Wait what? I just confused myself.

"Okay, finally!" said Niall. "So, we were just driving around, and talking about some stuff. When we came across this house. It was full of energy, had loud music playing, and tons of cars were bordered around it. It was a party."

"With nothing else to do, we went into it, uninvited." Kirsten said. "We didn't think it through, though. Since Niall's big and famous, girls were all over him."

"It didn't help that they were extremely drunk, either. They just went crazy..." Niall added.

"And finally, Niall got mad at them. So he pushed one away."

I nodded, showing I was listening.

"And she fell to the ground," said Niall, hiding his face.

Why was he sad about that? So what she fell?! There's got to be more to this secret, or that was just a huge waste of time and energy.

"But," said Kirsten, "She got back up, and punched me square in the nose. So, I punched her right back. Before I knew it, we were in a huge fight and everyone was watching us."

"Not to mention even more girls were suffocating me," said Niall.

"And... And I..." Kirsten tried. She broke into tears.

Aww, shit.

"Niall, you tell her. I can't handle it.." she said.

Niall sighed and patted Kirsten on the back, showing sympathy. But it was obvious he was sad too.

"After Kirsten ended the fight with the girl, I punched her and threw her into some weird room. I was so fucking pissed, that I tied her up to a chair and duct-taped her mouth. Then... We..." he choked. "Then we found a lighter, ad went to the side of the house. Fire started. We didn't expect it to get very far... But then fire spread... And we ran."

I was quiet.

"Niall, you forgot the worst part..." Kirsten whispered.

A tear went down Niall's face.

"And after that... The-"

A phone rang loud. It wasn't mine this time. Niall looked down at his pocket. It was his. He pulled it out and grunted.

"It's my mom... I have to answer." he got up and walked out of the room.

I turned to Kirsten, hoping she'd finish the story. But instead, she said, "I'm not saying shit if Niall isn't here."

Damn it! What happened!? They can't just leave me here and not tell me! I know most of it, and it's not even that bad... Well, kinda bad. But come on!!

"And Alex, if you tell anyone just that, I'm killing you. Do you hear me? I'm not even lying."

I looked at her face. Damn. I've never seen her so angry and serious. She meant business.

I nodded, solemnly. I was shaking on the inside. I wish she'd tell me!

"W-will you, uh... Tell me later, maybe...?"

She shot me a look that could kill. She obviously didn't want to talk about it. It pained her so much inside.

I looked down, and slowly walked towards the door.

"Wait!" I heard Kirsten call.

I turned, confused. "What?"

She stared at me long and hard. "You," she started, "you like Zayn, don't you?"

My heart dropped as I stared at her in disbelief. How did she...?

"Well, answer me!"

"uh, I- uh.." I tried.

"Ha," she chuckled. "I knew it."

How did she find out? Was it that obvious? I can't have anyone knowing... Well, I already told Niall and Misty... But imagine if Harry ever found out? How crushed he'd be? Just the thought got me feeling horrible. What if Zayn found out? How awkward that would be..? If he knew that I liked him so much, and he was with Misty? And Kirsten, God, I hope she really does become friends with me. I mean, she just told me a secret no one else knew. Well, most of it.

"How- h- how'd you find out?" I managed to spit out.

"The way you were looking at him when we were at the hospital. I'd be damned if no one else saw it, too."

Shiiiiiit. Was I staring? Really? I didn't mean to... And, other people?! What if Harry...

"I- Kirsten, you- Please, just keep quiet!" I begged.

"Do you even like Harry?" asked Kirsten.

I froze. I do... Right? Don't I? Maybe a little bit, but defiantly not as much as Zayn. I try to feel that way about Harry, I do... But it just isn't working. But I can't just give up! I should, though. I'm leaving in a few days, and I have no chance with Zayn. I know it. So maybe that's what I should do... Be done with Harry....

"ALEX!!" shouted Kirsten.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Um, I mean... I do! And Zayn, so it's alright!"

I just lied. It's not alright.

"But, um... Who else noticed me?" I asked.

"Hell, I don't know. All I know is that you stared at him for the longest time..." Kirsten answered with a smirk.

Why is she smirking? Don't smirk! THIS IS NOT A SMIRKING MATTER! THIS IS A FREAK THE HELL OUT MATTER!

"... You didn't see if Harry happened to see me, did you?" I asked quietly.

Kirsten looked at me with her deep blue eyes. She was reading me like an open book. I needed to learn how to hide things, or else everything is going to end bad.

"I don't know, maybe he did, maybe he didn't," said Kirsten. It sounded like she knew, and was just making me find out.

Fuck her! If it all ends bad, I'm blaming it on her for not telling me. I sighed.

"Is it me, or are you really hungry for some Swiss cheese?" Kirsten asked me, changing the subject.

I looked at her strange. "It's just you," I assured her.

"Weird... Well I gotta pee." said Kirsten, leaving the room.

Well, I'm still dying to know what they did. What they told me didn't help much. I just wanted to knoooow!

I left the room, closing the door behind me.

Across the hall, I saw Misty and Zayn talking about something. They didn't see me, so I kept quiet, trying to listen in.

"Last night was fun," said Misty.

"Let's do it again, then," Zayn smiled.

"I think this is going to work out well. I mean, you're amazing," Misty said, hugging him.

I grinded my teeth. She actually likes him... This wasn't supposed to happen! I mean, it was, but I didn't want them to actually fall in love.

"No, I'm not. You're the amazing one." Zayn said, hugging her back.

Bleh. That sounds so gross. Like the kissy-kissy shit that no one likes. Ugh.

Stop it. Stop. You're turning against your bestfriend over Zayn. This is not good... Too much crap has happened today. I can't take it anymore. I'm going to sleep.

I walked back to Harry's room. He was still asleep. I crept back onto bed and acted like nothing happened.

I thought of Misty and Zayn. Ugh. You don't even know how much I hated to see that. It was gross. And stupid.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing again. I quickly grabbed it, so Harry wouldn't wake. From Mackenzie, again.

'... How do you know that...?'

I looked at the last message. Shit. I think I just blew my cover.

'The news. I saw it on the news.' I sent her. Lies. I heard the doctor say it himself. But she doesn't know that. Right now, I'm in Florida with Misty just taking a vacation for Spring Break. That's what she thinks. And it doesn't matter. She doesn't have to know. No one does.

I put my phone down on the nightstand and put the covers over me. Just go to sleep and forget everything that happened. Just close your eyes and go to sleep...

"ALEX WAKE UP!" yelled Misty, opening the door.

UUUGGGGHHHHH.

"WHAAT?!" I grunted. Harry fidgeted in the bed.

"We need to talk."

Ugh, fuck life! I just want to sleep.

"No," I said.

Suddenly, a body jumped onto me. "GET THE FUCK UP. NOW!"

I grunted and pushed her off of me. "Fine!" I shouted at her.

"Shut the fuck up and go to sleep!" said Harry, stuffing his face into his pillow.

We ignored him and got up. She grabbed me by the wrists and pulled me out into the hallway.

"Why the fuck did Mackenzie just text me asking where I was?!"

Shit. Misty was pissed. I didn't think she was that mad...

"Don't worry. I saved us. I messed up at first, but I fixed us." I explained.

"Well she doesn't believe you. She said this." Misty held her phone up on my face. I squinted and read the message.

'Are you guys really in Florida? How did Alex know so much about Louis? I'm sure I would have seen it on the news. I've been sitting here all day watching news just waiting for stuff about Lou. So explain this to me, please.'

I bit my lip. Crap.

"How am I supposed to reply to that, Alex?!"

I shrugged. I really didn't know what to do. I was tired and I wanted to sleep and not think.

"A shrug? A SHRUG?! ALEX!! this is not good!! What if she tells my mom?! Then we'd both be fucked!"

"Wait," I said, "You told your mom we were in Florida?! I told my mom we were London, but with my Grandma. Misty why didn't you tell her that?!?"

She got wide eyed. "I thought they were all supposed to think we were in Florida!"

"NO!!" I shouted. "OUR MOMS WERE SUPPOSED TO THINK WE WERE WITH MY GRANDMA!!"

"SHIT!!!!" Misty shouted.

I run my fingers through my hair, stressed. What are we going to do?!

"I can't even think right now, Misty. Can we talk about this in the morning, please?!"

She put her hands into fists. "You're lucky your my bestfriend and I love you. Otherwise you'd be dead."

I smiled at her, but she didn't seem to find her statement funny. I yawned and turned around. "Goodnight!!" I said.

She grunted and walked back to her room.

I opened Harry's door. He was sitting on the side of the bed, with only boxers on.

"Sorry we woke you up," I apologized.

"Whatever."

"Nice boxers," I joked. They weren't even interesting. They were just red colored and boring.

He looked down and realized what he had on. "Oh, sorry. I-I'll just, um.. Put on some pants..."

I laughed at him. "Haz, I've already seen you naked. I honestly don't care."

His face went red and he hid his face.

"You're embarrassed by that?" I asked. "why?"

"I don't know..." he mumbled.

"Harry. You act like something is wrong with being naked."

"Well, I mean... It was just weird. What if you- like- thought I looked bad..."

I burst out with laughter. I found that absolutey hilarious. "Really, Haz?! Haha, you're fine! You didn't look bad. I only saw it for a second." I reassured him.

"It's still weird..."

I could see how he would find it weird. I did at first...

"Well, I'm tired." I said. "Go to sleep with me."

He lay down beside me, cuddled in the blankets.

"Alex, I think I really love you. I've been thinking about it, and... I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you." said Harry.

I stood still. What am I supposed to say back? I didn't love him like that... So what do I say?!

Should I fake sleeping?! No, he'll fall for it. I'll just ignore it. Forget it.

"Alex...?" he said, waiting for me to say something.

Ugh.

"Oh, sorry. I- I-" what do I say?!?!

"I love you too."

Why did I just say that?! I've said it before, but I think he's more serious now. But how is that even possible after knowing someone for days?! I don't believe at love at first sight. It's fake. Totally fake. It's impossible to do such a thing.

He grabbed me and pulled me close him. He kissed me, lips smacking together hard. Ugh. He feels like the best person ever right now while I feel nothing. NOTHING. I jut want to sleep the whole day away. I want to fall into my dreams and never wake up.

When he pulled away, I whispered, "Goodnight, Haz."

I turned away from him. All I want is sleep. Just sleep. I would kill for it right now. I'm so tired, tons of shit happened today, I need to relax and forget.

I closed my eyes and drifted off. I left the world and entered my own. It felt so nice to be left alone into sleep...

"Wait, Alex?" Harry said.

"WHAAAAAATTTT?!" I screamed at him. So close, so fucking close to sleep. But this bitch had to change that.

"Oh, sorry. Nevermind then..."

Oh my fucking god. I wanted to kill him. He wakes me up to say nevermind?! AAAAHHHHHH.

I shoved my face into my pillow.

"Good fucking night." I said.

***********************************

"Harry! I'm hungry!!" Niall whined.

"Then get your own food Liam's not here to make anything, because he's with Louis." Harry said.

Niall didn't budge. "But I'm hungry!! Did he forget about me? Maybe he should just go marry Louis!"

"No, that's Harry's job!" I corrected.

Everyone stared at me.

.... Did I say that out loud...? Crap..

Harry chuckled. Misty butted in, too. "Oh my gosh, Larry Stylinson is perfection!!"

He chuckled again, and as did I.

"Niall, if you really were hungry, you'd go get food yourself," Zayn pointed out.

Niall huffed and slouched into his chair. "Liam makes he best breakfast."

"Well, we have cereal! Get cereal!" said Harry.

Niall ignored him and continued to whine and complain. "Cereal isn't Liam's cooking."

"Shut up, Niall! It's just a day with out Liam's breakfast. You've managed perfectly fine before you met him!" Kirsten said.

I could tell that Niall knew it was true, ut he didn't want to lose this 'fight.' So he just stayed in his chair, arms crossed, and pretended to be mad.

"It's not the end of the world, Niall..." I said quietly. Thought everyone heard me.

"It is to Niall when it comes to food," Zayn told me.

I almost melted. Just because Zayn talked to me?! It was a sentence. And I felt amazing and proud of myself....

These emotions can't grow. They need to stop. I'd like it if they just went away and make thing easier. Because Misty and Zayn are obviously happy. So I'll never ever get Zayn.

Just give up, Alex. Forget him...

"Huh?" asked Zayn. I snapped out of my thoughts. Eerykne was staring at me. Shit... Did I say that out loud...?

"Uh, I didn't say anything."

"Oh, really? I thought I heard you..." Zayn said, puzzled.

"No, she said something..." Kirsten pointed out.

Ugh. Why?!

"Well, nevermind..." I said quickly, avoiding bringing up the subject.

"ooh, you got secrets?" Harry said, quickly bringing the subject back.

I'm pretty sure he was just kidding, but I wasn't completely sure. Oh, he just couldn't find out about this...

"No I Don't!!!" I blurted out. I did it a little too loud, I assume. Because everyone took a step back and looked at me weird. ...oops...

"Well now i'm serious... What are you hiding?" asked Harry.

I hesitated to speak. I turned to look at Misty, who knew how I felt. So did Niall and Kirsten. Even Zayn looked...

Wait...

Misty didn't...

She could'nt...

"Uh- I- gotta go..." I ran out of the room and up the stairs.

So much crap just happened this past day.. I don't get it. Calling Harry was a mistake! An accident. I wasn't trying to do this. And I did nothing bad before this! So it can't be karma. And I didn't even mean to do this, so why does all of this happen to me?!

I opened the door to my room. It smelled plain. No smell at all. It looked untouched... I realized I moved my suit case into Harry's room, since I pretty much never use my bed. Hell, I haven't been in this room for a couple of days now..

I knew I just woke up, but I lay on my bed. I was so confused... Can't I just turn back time and restart? I wish I never called Harry...

K y'all, there you go.

I promise that the next chapter will be exciting :D

And I'm changing the cover!! :)

But one thing:

It's chapter thirteen, and I'm uploading it on Friday... 0.o

Lol I don't care. Bad luck my butt hole.

Well.....................

Thanks and stuff!

~Sophia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
3.5K 44 30
Ali, Kate, and Bridget are three girls who are looking for a break from New Zealand. But what happens when the people sitting behind you on the plane...
22.5K 338 30
Hannah Anderson has gone through heartbreak and loss. She moves away, trying to escape the pain. Soon she meets one of the most famous bands in the w...
2.3K 82 18
Seventeen year olds; Catherine, Briana and Naomi all have seemingly normal lives in London, England. Except for one thing….Naomi’s dating Louis Tomli...