Necessary Evil

By IrisEvergreen

Ten years after the exile of Naruto Uzumaki, Konoha wants him back. Naruto is happy that he can enter the lan... More

Necessary Evil
A mission
Is that Naruto?
STILL A NAIVE IDIOT...OR NOT...
The Rebirth
Dinner with Naruto sama
Back to Konoha
The Game Begins
Dig The Grave Deeper
The beginning Of The End
Watching You Crumple
Matches Continue
Unstoppable
The Demon Inside
The Next Move
The Truth
Mercy
About Naruto
Shaking the foundations
Life After
Author's Note

Not Here To Stay

15.2K 520 142
By IrisEvergreen

Naruto stood outside the council chambers of Konoha. As soon as news reached that he had returned, the council summoned him for a meeting.

As the council called for Naruto to enter, Naruto entered with his head kept high and a neutral expression, his trusted bodyguards close behind. He was disgusted seeing the many lustful and greedy looks from most of the civilian and some of the shinobi council, but he managed to keep the disgust out of his expression and voice.

"Welcome back, Naruto."

Naruto turned to look at Tsunade who had a smile on her face, seriously? She was a shinobi she should've known that he won't remain that naive fool after all they had done to him, but he supposed she also believed the lies he spewed at Sakura. How foolish of them!

His reply to the 'warm welcome' was a simple nod with a blank face. Some of the council, especially the honorable hokage was surprised by the lack of emotion he had shown; as far as they knew, he was happy to be back in Konoha, but they ignored it as him being nervous and trying to hide it.

There was a long drawn awkward pause with the council now being a little confused on what to say to the beautiful youth that looked emotionless except for the boredom he occasionally showed. It was Danzo who started,

"So Uzumaki san, now that you are back, we will integrate you back into the Konoha shinobi roster as soon as possible and you can start your training to get back into shape. You do not need to worry about your companies as the council will be taking over as the head of them and will be managing them for you."

Naruto almost rolled his eyes, how greedy can they get. But he merely lifted an eyebrow at the 'suggestion'.

"You can do that?" The mild amusement must've thrown them off, because they looked surprised. Danzo narrowed his eyes,

"Of course, now that you are a part of Konoha-"

"I am a part of Konoha? Since when?" This time his amusement was clear to even the most oblivious of them.

"Naruto, your lawyer has all the paper work completed." Tsunade said confused.

"Really now? Why did they ever make you the hokage!" Naruto shook his head disappointed, Tsunade was surprised and hurt.

"W-What are you-"

"Hokage sama," He neatly cut her off mid speech, "My lawyer only processed the papers that removed my ban on entering the fire country and the one against me owning any properties on the fire country. I believe he never processed any papers regarding the reinstatement of my Konoha citizenship or my integration back into your shinobi troops."

Tsunade was wide eyed for a moment, but then smiled; this caused Naruto to raise an eyebrow in question.

"Oh Naruto, you and your pranks." Tsunade chuckled and the whole council followed suit, thinking this a prank form the notorious prankster. Naruto could only suppress a sigh at their stupid ignorance.

Then Tsunade continued, "Your lawyer had told me that the papers for your integration back into Konoha could only be finished once you are here and had the approval of your current damiyo, which is the damiyo of the demon country. I assume you have the papers with you now, so give them to me and I'll sign them off. Your prank did catch me off guard."

Naruto's only reaction was to look at the woman like she had lost her mind. He again said,

"Why did they ever make you the hokage... I have no papers with me and I have no intention of joining Konoha."

Then he smirked at the wide eyed council,

"Naruto, the prank's over now give me the papers." Tsunade said seriously.

This time it was Naruto who chuckled, he was thoroughly amused by the foolish humans.

It took a while for the council members to figure out that Naruto was indeed not pranking them.

"Why did you come back if you had no intention of staying?" A teary eyed hokage asked.

"A good question." Naruto said, but didn't answer her.

"Well! answer me!" Tsunade yelled, Naruto stood unfazed by the rage of the legendary sannin.

Even his bodyguards didn't bat an eyelash at what was the most frightening situation to the rest of the council. Even Danzo was slightly shaken by the monstrous looking woman.

The bodyguards knew well that their master had no need for protection, the simple act of having bodyguards made others underestimate Naruto. Their only job was to do the jobs that they found beneath Naruto, which included most jobs  as according every one in demon country, Naruto was a divine being and most things were beneath him and no matter how much Naruto protested that wouldn't change.

"Why should I?" Naruto asked amused. "You are not my kage, nor are you my damiyo... so why should I? You're not even someone I care or respect even slightly about."

Tsunade took a step back shocked, the hokage's chair clattered to the ground as she bumped into it. The council was very much nervous and some where outright angered by the disrespect shown by the demon to the hokage.

"Show us respect you demon." An outraged council member shouted.

"Demon? On what basis do you call me a demon?"

Naruto asked very amused.

Naruto's amusement was really starting to be annoying to the council.

"We all know about the Kyubi." A jealous council woman sneered, "So don't try to fool us, and that is the only reason we bought you back, because the only thing you're good at is being a weapon."

And Naruto laughed, it was a sweet melodious sound even when it was mocking.

"I own the biggest company in the entire elemental nations; I am the most sought after architect in the elemental nations, not to mention the most popular designer. Who do you all think the famed 'Golden fox' is? And you say all I am good at is being a demon!"

Naruto really enjoyed the surprise and disbelief. He was careful not to reveal his other professions like his achievements in nano tech or pharmaceuticals. Konoha might start a war just to destroy him, if they know. So even though he enjoyed putting them back in their place, he toned it down.

And as for the council, utter disbelief was what happened. No way that 'The black Rose' which was termed the biggest company in elemental nations belong to the demon! No way that he was the Golden Fox, the designer with such high talents that the royalties fought over him. There was just no way. But they couldn't ignore the obvious clues like how Black Rose never opened any of their branches in Fire Country, because if they did anything that belonged to Naruto would've been confiscated by the council. And never had the Golden fox boutiques ever opened in Konoha when there was many boutiques in every other nation. They had already known about the architect part and it took them a very long time to believe that.

"There is no way! You are lying demon." The same council woman screeched in a way similar to the pink haired monstrosity. Come to think of it, she had that particular shade of green eyes as well. But Naruto didn't care.

"Suit yourself." Naruto shrugged. "Oh and just so you know, I'm not a jinchuuriki anymore either."

"WHAT!"

Naruto shrugged once more.

"The akatsuki extracted him."

"But But you would've died during the extraction." Tsunade was shocked.

"I am an Uzumaki." He said. That made a lot of sense to Tsunade and some of the shinobi council, but really didn't make any sense to the civilian council and Naruto really didn't care to elaborate.

"Why does you being an Uzumaki have anything to do with it?" A clueless council member asked and Naruto didn't even acknowledge the question.

"SO the Akatsuki have all the demons!" Tsunade asked terrified.

"No." Naruto sighed. He was really getting tired of the whole ordeal; he just wanted to get out of Konoha once he had done what he needed to and got what he wanted. Konoha was getting to him.
There was something squirming in the back of his mind and he had a feeling that he would have to have a chat with a certain someone in the near future. It was like a storm was brewing in his mindscape.

"They couldn't contain all nine demons and the statue used to contain them exploded and they died. I got saved by my lover and now I live happily with him. End of story. I am leaving." With that Naruto left the stunned council to process what he had just said.

The council had a lot of questions, surprisingly, or perhaps not; the main question among the male members was who the lucky man who snagged the beautiful youth was. The females were equally disappointed that he was taken, by a man too no less. They more that hoped that he was Bi and not gay or just experimenting; either would do.

Tsunade was the one who asked the question that everyone forgot, "Was he telling the truth?"

Most of them had the decency to look sheepish at having forgotten to think of that during their plans to somehow make the blond their.

"He was." Hiashi Hyuga said. "I checked his chakra coil; he had no biju chakra at all. And he wasn't lying; there were no fluctuations in his chakra coil as he spoke."

Unbeknownst to them Naruto long since attained the ability to fool the Byakugan and any human experts in deception. That was the reason that the Byakugan only saw a small part of his normal blue 'human' chakra and not the ten tails of golden chakra he got after becoming the jubi.

"I also checked, he wasn't lying about anything. Even more proof, his whisker marks are gone." Inoichi Yamanaka the interrogation expert said.

The council was stunned that the most powerful man in elemental Nations (Money and influence wise) had just slipped out of their grasps, just like that. Not like they had any chance to make him stay from the beginning.

Now they understood why the fire daimyo had been eager to remove Naruto's banishment after all he too had a wife who was a fan of the Golden Fox and the daimyo himself had been trying to get Naruto to build him a new mansion for a while now and had been probably denied because Naruto couldn't enter the fire country. That was no longer the case.

"Troublesome..." Shikaku said and the whole council agreed.

Thank you to anyone who is reading this. But please review if you like this. I am really starting get depressed about the lack of reviews.

And some asshole found it funny to trash talk one of my other stories on a different site and I had been boiling mad about that for some time.

Why can't people be more accepting about homosexuality? I mean, it's really disgusting to trash talk people just because they have different likes that what you approve. Geez, it's so annoying.

I have no problem with homophobes as long as they don't hurt someone to get their point across. But people like my anonymous reviewer who didn't even have the guts to give me a real id so that i could 'properly' introduce him/her to how i think about people like them; people like them who go out of their way to read a story knowing what it's about and then trash talking it.... it is sooo childish, immature and annoying. And I had the urge to punch something; preferably my keyboard as I am very much against violence and that resulted in this chapter.

So if I made any mistakes in this chapter, or it simply wasn't good enough, blame that asshole.

I feel a lot better after a rant.

Oh and if my anonymous reviewer is reading this, all I want to say is that... I'm not really angry at you or anything, just annoyed. I find it really strange to hate a person who I don't even know the name of. And it's very easy to annoy me so, so don't be hurt by my words. I am just a frustrated writer. And I am slightly bipolar, so yeah... don't feel bad, ne... And I sincerely hope that you only show your bitterness on online interviews and that you are really a good person looking for an outlet.

I think I've said enough, I am starting to confuse me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 748 24
It's been years since Sasuke was in Konoha. He left with a burden that he couldn't face with his daughter. He finally returns to see that so much has...
8.7K 217 7
once the war has ended everybody is glad that Sasuke has came back to the hidden leaf. everybody but Naruto. as time passes people seem to notice why...
28 0 25
"It turns out that evil is so satisfying!" After venting all the evil fire in his body on the teacher's wife Kushina's delicate body, Kakashi realize...
352 42 14
when kenmas suicide attempt fails he's sent back in time to fix his mistakes from years ago, including his relationship with kuroo.