The Nerd

By danielleward136

Hayden Smith is just a girl who wants good grades and keeps herself to herself whilst all the rest of the sch... More

Long Awaited Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 38

47.1K 735 78
By danielleward136

Hi Guys...

I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately but I've been really focused on my exams at the moment. I will try and post another chapter tomorrow if I can as I feel really bad that I've not posted lately. 

Anyway there is a picture of Amy at the side (I think this is the right person for her at the moment) ->

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake parked next to the shutter of the garage and turned the engine off. I climbed out with my school bag and walked towards the garage. I could see the guys working away as usual. I walked over to the clipboard that was on top of the toolbox and saw that the garage was really busy, looks like I won’t be working on my project today.

“Morning Hayden” I turned to see Jamie move from underneath one of the cars.

“Morning” I replied. He stood up and batted his hands on his already grease stained jeans. He walked over and took the pen off of the top of the toolbox and held his hand out for the clipboard. I handed it over to him and watched him tick off one of the cars under his names.

“What are you planning today?” He asked.

“Well I’m Jason’s tutor now so we thought we would study here and... I was kind of hoping to look at my project.” I said whilst whispering the last part about my project.

“Ok... do you want to strip the inside of it?” He asked. So far we had finished building the whole engine and we had cleaned the whole body of it, getting rid of the dirt and rust, and now it looked brand new. We just needed to do the interior and we would have a brand new up and running car.

“Ye... ok” I said nodding. We carried on talking for a while about the car as Jamie informed me on all of the deliveries for my project.

“Hayden... I didn’t know you were here” I looked up and saw Jason stood in the doorway near the reception. I smiled and walked towards him.

“Where shall we study then?” I asked him. He pointed towards the little office and I followed him in. I grabbed the chair that was at the side of the cabinets and dragged it around so then I was sat on the same side as Jason, facing the door, and started to pull all off my books out of my bag.

We studied for at least 3 hours before we decided that that was enough for today and we were starving. I looked at my watch and saw that it read 1:30. I packed all of my books back into my bag and left it on the desk. We walked out of the office and into the garage area.

“Hey Guys... we’re going to May’s Sandwich Shop does anyone want anything?” I asked. The guys all came over and handed me money and told me their order.

“I’ll come with you and help you carry the stuff” Jake said.

“No it’s ok Jake I’m going” Jason said quickly whilst wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I smiled at Jake whilst shrugging Jason’s arm off of my shoulder. I took Jake’s money and order and started to walk towards the reception.

“So have you always lived here?” Jason asked as we walked out of the reception and towards the corner of the street.

“Yep... this is my hometown. Where are you from then?” I asked.

“London”

“Really I went to London for a Math challenge and fell in love with the place” I said recalling memories from that weekend.

“Ye its ok but I’d rather live somewhere like this”

“Why?”

“Because it’s nice, quiet, small and everyone knows everyone” He said. We carried on walking towards the shop. I was looking down at the pavement for a moment until I caught a glimpse of something shining. I bent down and examined it. “What is it?” Jason asked. I picked it up and looked at it.

“It’s a piece of glass... Why’s there glass on the pavement?” I said to myself. I straightened up and dropped the piece of glass back on the floor. “Come on... it’s nothing” I said to Jason. He nodded and we carried on walking towards the corner. As we came nearer to the shop pieces of glass on the pavement was becoming more frequent. I looked behind me and saw a lot of glass. I looked around and noticed that May’s Sandwich Shop window had been smashed. I gasped and quickly ran towards the shop with Jason following me. When I was in front I looked in and noticed that all of the fresh bread she had made where all over the floor with her cakes and pastries scattered everywhere. What had happened? The entire display counter had been smashed and the little metal tables for two were upside down.

“Who would do this?” I muttered.

“Come on let’s go tell the guys” Jason said. I nodded and we turned back around and nearly ran the whole way to the garage. I ran through the reception and straight to the garage part.

“Hayden what’s wrong?” Holly asked as I stopped in front of the car that she was fixing.

“May’s... Shop... has been... broken... into” I said taking a deep breath in between each word. I guess skipping P.E isn’t a good idea I thought. I doubled over with my hands on my hips and took a couple more deep breaths so then I could explain to them what I was talking about. All the guys were now in a circle around me. I straightened myself up so then I could tell them. “May’s shop has been broken into” I said. I heard all of the guys gasp from shock.

“Who would do that?” Scott asked. I shrugged.

“The windows smashed, her homemade cakes, breads everything is all over the floor and the display counter has been smashed too” I said looking at all of them.

Jake started to walk out of the circle and towards the reception. “Jake where are you going?” Blake asked.

“I’m going and seeing what’s happened to the shop and to see if May’s ok” He said before turning around and walking out of the garage. All the guys and Holly started to follow him.

“You two stay here” Holly said before walking into the reception.

“WHAT... NO” I said to her.

“Hayden... just... stay here” She said before running out of the reception after the guys. I turned around and saw Jason walk towards the reception. I followed him and watched him sit at the counter. I sat at the side of him and placed my head in my hands and my elbows on the counter.

I stayed like this for what felt like forever. How could someone do this to May? I heard the bell ring above the door and looked up to expect Jake or one of the guys to be stood there. Instead there was a guy who looked quite familiar. Where had I seen him before?

“Hi how may I help?” Jason asked the guy. The guy looked at me and smiled in a creepy kind of way which made me remember him straight away. He was the guy that had stopped me in the streets a couple of weeks ago and he had been with another guy at the time.

“I was just wondering around the place” He said looking around the reception.

“What do you want?” I asked. I remember Jake telling me that it had been Aiden and Travis that had stopped me meaning this guy was one of them.

“Hayden... didn’t see you there... Where’s Jake? I thought you didn’t know him” He asked smiling.

“Jake’s-” Jason started before I cut in.

“He’s gone out and you didn’t answer my question. What do you want?” I asked glaring at him.

“I take it you know who I am” He said.

“I have a good idea” I said trying to bluff my way through this. I didn’t even know what I was doing. I heard the bell ring again and saw another guy walk through the door.

“Aiden dude... cops are around we better go” the guy said. He turned to look and stopped when he noticed me. He smiled at me like the first time I had met him.

“Lucas” I hissed.

“Baby... you remember my name. Thank god for that, I won’t have to remind you when it comes to screaming my name” I cringed mentally at the thing he was hinting at.

“I doubt that” I said glaring at him.

“Baby... do you not know what you do to me when you glare like that. I mean it makes you even hotter” He said. I didn’t relax my stance. I was not going to give in so easily.

“Dude that’s if I don’t beat you to it” Aiden smirked whilst looking me up and down.

“Guys come on” Jason said as if he was trying to stop them from saying the stuff they were saying.

“You know Travis can’t wait to meet you he’s been so excited since he spoke to you” Aiden smiled. I felt a shiver go down my spine.

“What does Travis want me for anyway?” I asked. I needed to know and tell Jake.

“Personal reasons but you’ll find out soon little Miss Hayden Smith... you’ve got nothing to worry about” Lucas said.

“Who’s Travis? Who are you guys?” Jason asked. We all seemed to blank him out whilst I glared at them and they smiled back until the bell rang again. Hopefully, it wasn’t another one of their guys because I don’t think I’d be able to cope.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Jake shouted as he walked through the door. Aiden and Lucas turned so then I could see Jake. He had hold of the handle on the door so tight that I thought he was going to rip it off the door. His knuckles were so white it looked like his skin had turned from the beautiful tanned colour to a pale ghostly white. He looked at them with a cold glare that would have killed anyone who would have looked at him.

“Where just visiting your girl Jake that’s all... thought we would get to know her” Aiden said smiling at Jake, obviously finding his anger amusing.

“Get out” He hissed at them.

“My pleasure by the way Hayden don’t forget you’ll get your answer very soon” Aiden said winking at me before he walked out of the reception. Jake had moved out of the way so then they could leave. He walked back in and closed the door after him.

“Who were they?” Jason asked. Jake stood there with his hands clenched in fists for a while. “Who were they?” Jason asked again looking between me and Jake.

“Go and wait with the guys Jason” Jake said.

“No I wanna know who they-”

“GO AND WAIT WITH THE GUYS” Jake shouted at him whilst glaring.

“Fine” He said before walking around the counter and straight out of the door. I looked at Jake for a while before we walked out of the reception and towards the garage. I quickly stood up and followed him into the little chill out area. When I walked in I saw Jake sat on the couch with his head in his hands.

“Jake” I said quietly. I slowly walked towards him and placed my hand on his forearm. “Jake please talk to me” I said. I pulled one of the chairs closer so then I could sit in front of him. He shook his head and lifted it up slowly.

“How dare they come here” He said looking at the floor. I moved so then I could look him in the eyes.

“Jake... you can’t exactly stop them” I whispered.

“I knew pushing you away would have been for the best” Jake whispered. I moved back slightly and looked at him feeling a little bit crushed.

“Jake” I said.

“No I didn’t mean it like that” He said quickly looking up at me.

“What did you mean then?” I asked quietly.

“I meant if we weren’t really really good friends you wouldn’t be in this mess. You wouldn’t have to keep looking over your shoulder every time you go out. You wouldn’t have to cope with empty threats from Aiden. You would just live a normal life” Jake said whilst gently grabbing hold of my hands that were in my lap.

“Jake... tell me when has my life ever been normal... this doesn’t change anything. Ye I have to be on the lookout to make sure I’m ok but I would do that any day just so then I can have an amazing friend like you... best friend even” I said. I would do anything to be a part of Jake’s life.

“I know but letting you go is the right thing to do” He said looking at me. I shook my head and could feel tears start to come to my eyes. I put my head down so then Jake couldn’t see. “But...” He said placing his finger underneath my chin and moving it so then I have to look at him. “... I’m too selfish to let you go” He said. I smiled and threw myself at him.

“Don’t scare me like that again” I whispered in his ear. He nodded whilst keeping hold of me.

“Never” He said.

After what felt like hours we pulled away from each other and decided to go and see what was happening with the guys. We walked out of the garage and towards the corner of the street where we could see the guys talking to the police. As we walked closer the police turned around and saw us. I stood next to Scott and waited until he had finished talking to the police.

“Are you the girl who found the shop in this state?” The police officer asked me.

“Yes” I answered.

“Did you see anything unusual?”

“No” I said. He nodded and started to write something down.

“WE’VE FOUND SOMETHING” one of the officers shouted. The officer in front of me turned around and started to walk towards the shop. I saw them place a small piece of fabric in a plastic bag. We had to stay a while to wait for the police to question the other guys to find out information about the people in this area and if they knew of anyone who would do this. The police had informed us that May was ok and she was safe as she was at her daughter’s house the night this had happened.

After we had got back to the garage Jake had offered to help me with my project so we went into the underground garage. Jason had tried to come with us but for some reason Jake insisted that Jason should help Scott out. We walked downstairs and towards my project and started to work on the interior of the car.

“Are we taking the seats out?” Jake asked looking at me.

“Ye but I don’t think we’re doing it today unless we get up to that bit” I said. I climbed into the driver’s seat and Jake climbed into the passenger’s seat. I leaned over and gently pulled on the radio to pull it out of the dashboard.

“What are you doing?” Jake asked curiously.

“What does it look like?”

“Ha-ha” He laughed sarcastically which made me laugh. “I mean why are you pulling the radio out?” he asked.

“Because me and Jamie have had our deliveries for the interior stuff and one of the things is a new radio as this one doesn’t work” I said. As I pulled it out I memorized where all the leads connected to and started to disconnect them. I pulled the radio out and placed it outside on the garage floor. “Some of these have been burned” I said looking closely at the wires. Obviously this now means that the wiring might have to be redone. I looked up and saw Jake looking at me. “What?” I asked gently. I touched my face to see if anything was on my face but I couldn’t find anything.

“There’s nothing” He said moving my hand from my face. “It just fascinates me how interested you where working on the radio” He said. I nodded and looked back at the wires to try and hide my blush. “I’ll go and find the new radio” Jake said.

“Ok” As he climbed out of the car I looked up and watched him walk upstairs. I took a deep breath to try and get rid of the tingly feeling within my body. Why is it the more time I spend with him the more I fall for him and I didn’t even think that was possible. Why when I’m with him do I want to just jump into his arms and stay there? Urg... why do feelings have to complicate things? I took all of the car mats out of the car and threw them to the side with the radio. I walked towards the driver’s side and popped the hood. I walked around and opened the hood to start searching for the battery so then I could disconnect the negative battery cable. I started to work on taking the dashboard out as Jamie had said that he wanted to make a few alterations to it. Blake and Jake were bringing the deliveries down but I did need their help now and again as I needed someone to help me take it out of the car. The guys had managed to bring all of the boxes down as I finished with the dashboard.

 “Thanks guys” I said as I climbed back out of the car. I walked over to the shelf and placed all of the tools that I had been using on the shelf. I walked over to the boxes and looked at the list that was attached to the top of the box to see what their was. There was an Appradio on the list which is designed specifically for iPhones which is why Jamie wanted to make alterations to the dashboard. There were also new seats for the car and all sorts of other accessories. “Let’s get to work” I said to Jake who had finished carrying down the last box. We decided to start taking all of the seats out as we was putting fresh ones in and we weren’t going to have seats in the back anyway. I watched Jake as he spoke throughout his little demonstration of how to manually take a seat out of a car. When it came to the passenger seat he allowed me to do it myself so I could show him if I knew what I was doing. After I managed to take the seats out which felt like it took forever as we had to manoeuvre the seats so then they could come out we started to look in the car for what needed to come out next.

After stripping the car’s interior we decided to work on the new wheels so then they would be done for when it came to the time of putting them onto the car. He opened the shutter and we wheeled them out and into the garage area where there was the tyre changer to help us insert the wheels into the new tyres. We had decided to use a lower profile and had bought some OZ Xline Matt Black diamond cut alloy wheels. After Jake doing one and then allowing me to do the last three the time had taken us to 8:00. I had decided that it would be a good time to go home seeing as I hadn’t had anything to eat at all today.

“I’ll take you home” Jake said whilst wheeling the last wheel into the underground garage.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course...we’ll get an Indian takeout if you want” I nodded whilst we started to walk up the underground garage ramp. Jake closed the shutter behind us and we walked back into the garage to say bye to everyone. I walked into the office to grab hold of my school bag and walked back out.

“Bye guys” I said hugging every single one of them including Holly. I walked out with Jake and we both climbed into the car. He started the engine and drove out of the garage car park and towards the closest Indian takeout. When we had arrived he parked up and we both walked into the little restaurant.

“Hello welcome to Taj Mahal how may I help?” the waiter behind the bar asked.

“Could I have a chicken madras with mushroom rice, 2 plain naan bread, 2 garlic naan bread and 2 coca colas please” Jake said. He turned to look at me.

“Urm... I’ll have the chicken balti please with just the normal rice” I said whilst the waiter wrote my order down.

“Is this to go?” the waiter asked which made Jake nod. “That’ll be £31.20” The waiter said. Jake pulled his wallet out of his jeans pockets and handed £40 over. He received his change and we waited.

“I’ll pay you for my meal” I said whilst reaching into my pocket and realising that I hadn’t brought any money with me. “I’ll pay you when you drop me off” I said. I can’t believe I’ve forgot my purse.

“Hayden it doesn’t matter” He said. He took the bag off of the top of the counter and started to walk out of the restaurant. I followed after him.

“Jake please let me give you the money.”

“No why would I?” He said climbing into the car. I opened the passenger door and climbed in.

“Because it’s my meal” I said whilst pulling my seatbelt over me.

“Hayden just let me pay for it ok and don’t argue” He said when he saw that I was going to protest.

“Fine” I sighed. Jake carried on driving towards his apartment until he pulled up outside of the complex. We walked in and went straight to the elevator. As the elevator doors opened we saw a girl stood in front of his apartment door. She seemed about average height with long brown hair which had a slight wave to it and had a small build. She turned around and stopped when she saw us with a smile on her face.

“Hi you must be the new couple. I’m Amy Collins” She said extending her hand towards us.

“Hi and it’s only me who lives here. I’m Jake Peterson and this is my friend Hayden Smith” Jake said introducing us both.

“Oh right sorry... It’s nice to finally meet you” She said extending her hand towards me after shaking Jake’s hand.

“Where do you live?” Jake asked.

“The other apartment on this floor” she said smiling at him.

“Oh right... well it’s nice to meet you Amy” Jake said before walking around her and towards his door.

“Nice to meet you” I said to her before following Jake. I turned around to look at Amy and saw her walking down the hallway. I turned back around and followed Jake into the apartment. I followed him into the kitchen and grabbed hold of some plates out of the cupboard whilst Jake took our meals out of the bag. I handed him a plate and started to scoop my chicken balti out of the tinfoil. After preparing our meals we walked into the living room and started to watch some of the TV whilst eating our tea.

I placed my empty plate on top of the coffee table and leaned back on to the couch. “You’ll be getting your maths results back soon” Jake said.

“I know I can’t wait” I said turning to smile at him. “I hope I’ve done good” I said talking to myself.

“Of course you have 1. You’re a very intelligent student and 2. You had a really good teacher” He smiled at me.

“I wouldn’t say the second one’s true” I smiled.

“Oh really?”

“Ye” I said. Within a second Jake started to tickle me causing me to lie down. Obviously Jake being Jake carried on tickling me which made him lie on top of me.

 “Say you’re sorry” Jake said whilst tickling me. He stopped tickling me after a while when he knew that I couldn’t breathe due to laughter. After I managed to calm down I looked up at him seeing as he had stayed on top of me.

“I’m sorry... you are an amazing teacher” I said. He started to laugh and I batted my hand around. “Your breathe smells of garlic” I said.

“Oh really” He said before blowing in my face.

“Jake” I shouted. He started to laugh and looked at me.

“Your breathe smells of garlic as well” He said. I shrugged. We stayed looking at each other for a while before Jake cleared his throat. “I’m really sorry about today” he said whilst brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

“Jake stop worrying” I said.

“I know but-”

“Jake” I said looking at him.

“Fine”

“Stop feeling so guilty... it wasn’t your fault” I said which made him nod. He slowly lifted up off of me and pulled me with him.

We decided to watch Matrix for the rest of the night. When we had finished Jake had decided to drive me home as it was 11:30 and my mum would be wondering where I am. When I went to bed all I could think about was what had happened today when Aiden had walked through the reception doors. What did he mean when he said I would get my answers soon... I don’t understand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed :)

Please please please feel free to comment,

Fan,

Vote,

Add to your library and

Suggest it to your friends

Thank you :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 778 6
Siya a girl who dreamed of becoming a model became a sex toy to the whole industry Basically, it is a smut book No rape
1.5M 82.3K 82
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.1M 45.9K 63
Isha singh Raizadha is a girl from one of the renowned business families of Rajasthan. She completed her masters in business administration. She is...
4.8M 108K 45
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Haze De Luca is the scariest, heartless, most popular boy in the school. Every-time he sees he...