Light of the Dark II

By goldenscares666

Y/N returns to the man she once loved, but things tend to change after so many years. He is no longer the man... More

Familiar Faces
Plan of Attack
Reunited
Birthday Party
Unrealistic Expectations
Punishment
Bound in Chains
A Rough Awakening
Broken Prisoner
The Cells of Evildoers
Throbbing Heart
My Dear Valentine
Prison Break
Memorable Melodies
The Most Dreadful Pain
Crimson Rain
Murderous Plot
Of Dark and Light
Bending the Hands of Time
Wedding Day
Final Chapter: Wedding Night
Thank You, Readers

A Humiliating Request

732 29 4
By goldenscares666

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————

"Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light?"

——————————————————
Mephiles' POV:
___________________________________

'I can't believe I'm actually about to do this.' I swallow my pride and knock on the door I had been glaring at for a few minutes now in contemplation. I, then, cross my arms and turn away to wait for an answer, trying to calm my nerves. Fortunately, yet also unfortunately, the door opened, and I slowly turned around to face a familiar, white-haired male who naturally seemed surprised to see me. I shove down the urge to leave but cannot help looking away from his eyes.

"What are you doing here? What do you want?" Silver asks defensively. I answer him in a quiet voice, wishing to just teleport away from this place, but I had a reason for coming here.

"Y/N and I have decided to get married, and though I had tried to convince her otherwise, she wanted to invite the lot of you. Feel grateful."

"Married? Seriously?" With a dropped jaw, he opens the door wider. His excitement made me groan.

'Why must I subject myself to this?' I think back to the conversations I've had with Y/N over the last few days, how she had begged me to allow them at the ceremony. She managed to get me to cave through a guilt trip, telling me how nicely they had treated her during her stay with them and how she doesn't have many friends to begin with. I'm still not too keen on having the heroes near either of us, but I could not help giving in to her request.

"Yes..." I trail off, trying to build the courage to ask something else, but my silence runs long, so Silver speaks instead.

"Oh, wow. Um... I guess I'll go tell the others, then. Thanks for inviting us." Naturally, he seemed a little unsure. We are enemies, after all. For me to tell him this out of the blue must be surprising.

"Wasn't my idea," I grumble, but heave a sigh a moment after. Again, I take too long gaining the will to say my second request, and he laughs nervously.

"Uh, bye, then." Just as he went to close the door, I blocked it with my hand, my head bending forward to look at the ground. My action made Silver jump a little.

"Wait, I'm not finished yet," I growl out in irritation, causing him to go into a defensive stance. I roll my eyes at this. "I need you to..." I speak the rest of my words inaudibly, leading the male to quirk a brow at me.

"Huh?" Becoming flustered, I squeeze my eyes shut and suck in air through my teeth to compose my before looking him directly in the eyes.

"I need..." Damn, I did it again. This is utterly humiliating. "I need help! I can't dance," I shout, not able to keep my voice down with all the frustration bubbled up within me. I'm stared at for a good minute before the golden eyed male slapped a hand over his mouth to suppress a laugh. I glare daggers at him, yet it leaves no effect; he just laughs louder at me.

"What's so funny, Silver?" Sonic asks while walking by, sounding curious, only adding to my embarrassment.

'Of course.' I grit my teeth as my face gets hotter and hotter. At any moment, I'll blow up at them, but I do my best to keep calm.

"Mephiles wants us to teach him to dance. He and Y/N are getting hitched!" I groan as Sonic snorts out a laugh.

'Do this for Y/N. Do this for Y/N,' I repeat this thought, knowing it'd be the only thing preventing me from killing them in an instant. To add to my pain, Shadow joins, seeming a bit irked after finding me at the door.

"Someone want to tell me what the hell is going on here?" He too is filled in, and obviously, he reacts the same as the other two. They all find enjoyment in my misery, don't they?

"Forget it! I'll figure it out on my own," I snap, fists clenched as I turn my heel to go home.

"No, no, Mephiles, wait, I'll teach you! I'm sorry," Silver calls out. I reluctantly stop walking and mutter curses under my breath before peering behind me at their stupid grins.

'Let's get this over with.'

         Some time had gone by since I asked for the heroes' assistance, and I felt like we were getting nowhere. How is dancing so hard?!

"Ow! Jeez! This is the sixth time you stepped on me!" Silver complains, making me growl.

"Quit whining! I told you I needed help." I didn't bother to look at him, keeping my emerald gaze on our moving feet to ensure I don't mess up again, but I'm so sloppy. It's infuriating! My mentor sighs and gives a look that tells me he finally realized how determined I was to get this right. I wanted to impress Y/N, give her a lovely wedding that she'll remember always, a memory she'll cherish forever. I want to sweep her off her feet, not look like a fumbling fool. We stop momentarily as he starts the lesson over again.

"Let's try this again. One hand holds the other's, like this." He picks up my hand and raises it before grabbing my other to place it on my hip. "Meanwhile, this hand stays on her hip. Got it?" I groan but nod my head, detesting the fact that I'm following the orders of someone I considered an enemy. It's taking everything in me not to smash his skull in. "Okay, you step backwards and guide me with you." I do as he says and tighten my grip on him after overhearing Shadow from across the room.

"This is the best thing I've ever seen." He didn't bother to hide his laughter, making me even angrier. Why must they watching me like I'm an animal at a zoo?

"Hey, Hey, ease up on the grip! If you hold Y/N like this, you'll crush her." Doing my best to ignore my unwanted audience, I relax my hold on the white-haired male, but keep glaring at Shadow from the corner of my eye. This makes me trip up again. Silver makes a face of discomfort as I step on his toes but seemed used to it now. "And you have to look at your partner," he reminds.

With another groan, I shift my gaze back to his vibrant yellow eyes.

__________________________________
Author's POV:
{~Some Time Later~}
__________________________________

"I think mister Mephiles is getting better," little Cream comments while watching as the two men travel across the room far more gracefully than at the start of the lesson.

"Oh, this wedding is going to be so much fun! I can't wait," chimes in Amy, who then gives a wistful sigh while daydreaming. "I always dreamed of having the perfect wedding. She's so lucky."

"We should help Y/N find a dress for the occasion," Rouge suggests, setting off a sparkle in the pink-haired woman's eyes.

"Oh, yes! I bet she'd love that! Oh, and the cake! I know, I'll make her one!"

"Can I help too?" Cream asks in a polite voice, making Amy smile.

"Of course you can, Cream!" Having heard the whole thing, Mephiles briefly glanced their way with an unreadable expression. He was improving greatly, and it did seem that Y/N had left an impression on these heroes. It doesn't even seem like they care that it's him she's getting married to, though he's sure some of them have their reservations about it. Perhaps it won't be so bad having them there at the wedding? They seem to want Y/N's happiness for her special day, same as him. They could've turned him away, and instead, they're helping him to make her wedding day perfect. It was difficult to put himself in this situation, to be vulnerable before his enemies, but ultimately he was glad he did because it is all for her, because he loves Y/N, and that's all that matters.

         While Mephiles was being taught to waltz, Y/N sat in the bedroom by herself, twirling the ring that the man had given her. He had been gone all day, saying he had some things to take care of, so she obediently stayed home, waiting for him to return. The whole day, she had thought about their wedding. She was glad she was able to convince him to invite his rivals, even though there is bad blood between them, and that he would also be willing to retrieve her mother for the occasion.

She wouldn't want her mom missing out on it, and besides, she wants her to know she is okay. It has been a while since she's seen her. Hopefully, she was doing well in her absence from home, though she was surely missing her. Y/N felt so excited, she couldn't wait until the day would finally arrive, but she knew it would take some time to put everything together, and in that time, she had gotten to spend more time with her future husband.

Though, she worries if this is all happening a bit too fast. Isn't she too young to be wed? Shouldn't she get to know him over a longer timeframe? Well, he did say he didn't want to rush her, that the proposal was mainly just a promise of their love. If she decided to wait, he would wait until she felt ready to give herself to him. Sighing softly, she lies on her back and smiles daintily as she slips the ring back onto her finger. It felt right seeing it there. Perhaps she is worried for nothing? She puts her hands on her stomach and thinks to herself.

'He loves me, and he's shown it well, especially these past few weeks. He's been very caring.' She had been unsure at first, but ultimately, she preferred it here with him to her old, dreadful life at home. What did she have there, really? Here, she has a safe place to live with friends all over and a man who treats her dearly.

Sure, he was some sort of bad guy in the past, but that didn't bother her much anymore now that he has decided to spend his focus on her. The mere thought of him seemed to free a bunch of butterflies in her chest, a sign of her attraction towards him. She does love Mephiles and really appreciates that he is changing for her. She felt lucky to have caught his interest; otherwise, who knows what might've happened? She'd be trapped in a sucky life, and he would probably be conquering the world to fuel his desire for chaos. She had no more doubts. She would marry him— Absolutely, she would,

Because she loves him, and that's all that matters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 491 15
Shadow and Mephiles are well-known criminals who have been given a chance to turn their life around. They soon realize that their mentors are Sonic a...
12K 396 17
The escape of Mephiles brings panic to Möbius, and a heavy strain to Shadow and Amy's already distant growing relationship. Can everyone survive and...
2K 26 7
Mephiles the Dark has been released from his fourteen-year-long seal, to fulfil an unknown purpose and meets Silver the Hedgehog on his travels. What...
67K 1.1K 18
During the picnic, there was an explosion happening in town and Sonic went to take care of it. When he returned home, he started acting different. E...