Until Forever (Complete)

By LeeleeKez

Bailey Robinson's orders were simple; get rid of the letter and get back to work. When Bailey begins a corre... More

Prologue
II
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

8.3K 691 28
By LeeleeKez

“Lady Elizabeth,”

Elizabeth lifted her gaze briefly from the book she held in her hands and turned to the door.

“Hello Lena.” She offered the somewhat nervous maid a smile.

“You have a visitor.” The maid finished.

“Who?”

“Lord Frederick, My Lady.”

A frown settled on Elizabeth's face. Not only was Frederick's presence unannounced, it was undesired.

“Alright.” She nodded, and waited until the maid curtsied before leaving the library.

Elizabeth rose to her feet and put the book back in it's place on the shelf. She'd get back to it, she decided. Turning to leave the room, she made her way to the parlor. Her frown deepened as her gaze scanned the empty room. Surely, Frederick should be here, waiting. Had he decided to leave already? She didn't know and a part of her hoped that this was the case.

“My Lady?”

She turned abruptly to find the same maid standing by the entrance.

“Lord Frederick has chosen to leave?”

Lena shook her head, her brown hair moving in sync with her head. “He refuses to come into the building. He awaits you outside.”

Elizabeth opened her mouth to question the maid further, but she decided against it. Lena probably had no idea why Frederick would not only choose to show up unannounced, but would refuse to enter the castle. The more Elizabeth thought of Frederick, the less she actually liked him.

Should she send him on his way? She could tell her parents she didn't care much for Frederick and perhaps they'd be disappointed but they'd move past their disappointment and it would save them the expenses of throwing another ball in three days. She also needed to give Frederick an answer to his proposal; she wasn't interested.

“Very well.” She heaved a breath and made her way to the front door.

Elizabeth stepped into the open space, her eyes immediately catching sight of a horse. A smile replaced her frown as she caught sight of the majestic animal.

“My Lady,”

She tore her gaze off of the wonderful creature before her, long enough to see Frederick standing by the foot of the stairs, smiling up at her.

“Lord Frederick...” She whispered, her gaze shifting back to the attractive mane. It was one of the rare breeds of horses, strong and well bred.

Frederick climbed the stairs and came to halt before her.

“It's nice to see you.” She said, stretching out her hand to him. He received it and leaned down, his lips brushing her knuckled. “Although I must confess to be beyond surprised at your presence.”

Frederick chuckled. “I thought we could race.”

“What?!” She gawked at him.

“You love horses, don't you?” He asked, his eyes shining with humor. Her gaze moved briefly down his body to find that he was dressed in black riders trouser and a black jacket. She nodded. “Very well, let's race.”

“I...”

“Oh, here comes Blue.” Frederick said, turning to the side. Elizabeth followed his gaze to find a male servant pulling Blue along. “Come, Lady Elizabeth, we shall race to the gates and back.” Frederick laughed, taking captive of her hand and pulling her down the stairs. “I promise,” He pulled her to a halt before Blue and whispered into her ears, “I'll let you win.” He grinned.

Elizabeth turned to give him a challenging glare. “I can assure you, Lord Frederick, you do not stand a chance against me and Blue and when I do win, it wouldn't be because you let me.” She finished, before expertly mounting the horse.

Frederick laughed at her lack of grace and bowed his head slightly. Turning to mount his own horse, “on your marks,” He bellowed.

Excitement washed over Elizabeth's entire body and she brought her horse to Frederick's side where there was a line drawn on the sand.

“Get set,” Frederick turned to her and gave her a teasing wink.

She rose a brow in challenge.

“Go!”

Elizabeth immediately kicked the side of the horse who responded by galloping.

Her heart thumped loudly in her chest as the trill of not just riding a horse, but racing with one, spread through her entire body. She could hardly keep the happy squeals from escaping her lips as the wind blew against her face and washed through her hair.

Father never permitted her to race during the Seasons in London. Not only did Ethan find Elizabeth's love for horses disturbing, he simply refused to give ownership of a horse to her. Although she had practically taken Blue, her father's white mane, for herself, Blue never really belonged to her.

But here she was, racing, and with a man! It was the only chance she knew she'd ever get to prove her worth. Perhaps not to Father, but to herself. She couldn't let Frederick win, she thought as she focused her vision on the road ahead.

Excitement pumped through her veins until it was all she felt as she raced to the gates of the Williams' castle. Turning her horse expertly around, she found Frederick to be hot on her trail.

Lifting herself slightly off of the saddle, she kicked the horse harder as it galloped into a faster pace. Her dress was an annoying hindrance but her father wouldn't permit her to have rider's trousers. Still, she pushed the horse until it felt like she was flying. She had never, in her entire life, raced so fast.

The loud pounding of the horse's hooves on the ground was most likely enough to alert the entire estate to what was going on outside for as she brought her horse to a halt before the building, her entire family, and most likely the entire estate, was outside.

Elizabeth opened her mouth to breathe, filling her lungs with air. It felt like she hadn't been breathing the entire time. Sitting still in the saddle, she knew her legs most likely wouldn't be able to carry her entire body weight if she tried to stand so soon.

Frederick brought his horse to a halt beside her, a huge smile on his face.

“You truly weren't lying when you said you love horses.” He grinned, dismounting his horse. Turning to her, he held out his hand to her.

Elizabeth laughed and accepting his offer, she placed both her hands on his shoulders and felt him wrap his arms around her waist, helping her down the horse.

Unable to stand on her two feet because her legs felt like jelly, she fell into Fredericks arms and he lifted her off of her feet.

Squealing, she thought she could burst with excitement.

Frederick carried her up the front porch to where Ethan, Gretchen and Samuel stood.

“That was quite fascinating!” Samuel gawked, turning to Ethan. “Father, when do I begin my lessons on learning to ride?!”

“When I decide it is time you begin to train to be a knight. Although I'd like to sign you up right now.” Ethan said and Samuel frowned, folding his arms across his chest. Samuel did not look forward to training to be a knight. “Your sister, however, has proven that she'd rather be horse back riding than actually settling down in a home.” Ethan gave Elizabeth a disapproving look.

“You may put me down now, Lord Frederick.” Elizabeth sighed at the look on her father's face and Frederick placed her on her feet.

“That was extremely dangerous! Where did you learn to ride like that?” Gretchen scolded.

“My Lord, My Lady,” Frederick bowed his head.

“Hello, Lord Frederick.” Gretchen smiled. “We weren't expecting you.”

“I apologize if my presence here has caused nothing but trouble. But, Elizabeth is a fascinating rider.”

“She is.” Gretchen sighed, turning to briefly to Elizabeth before turning back to Frederick. “Would you like to join us for supper?”

“I would love to.”

**

Elizabeth's hand was looped in the crook of Frederick's arm as she walked him out of the front door. She couldn't help but feel like she was standing beside a completely different man; the man who wrote the letters.

A part of Elizabeth wanted to go on another horse race with Frederick but she knew her parents wouldn't approve.

“It was simply an incredible evening, Lady Elizabeth.” Frederick beamed.

Elizabeth smiled. “Thank you for your time, Lord Frederick.”

“I hate to leave but my presence is demanded in the Wellington estate.” He sighed. Turning to face her, he took captive of both her hands. “I would however, love to gift my horse to you.

Elizabeth felt her heart beat slow down.

“You seem to know more about horses than I'll ever get the privilege of knowing. And I have never seen anyone ride that fast.”

“Lord Frederick...” She managed to speak past the lump that was now building up in her throat.

Frederick shook his head. “It is but a token. I will not accept a refusal for an answer.” Leaning down, he planted a kiss on her knuckle before releasing her hands.

Elizabeth watched his retreating back as he descended the stairs. Pausing once he reached the foot of the stairs, he turned around.

“And my Lady, I can assure you, I never intended for you to win.” He winked. “Well played, Lady Elizabeth.” He offered a mock salute, before turning back around and climbing into a carriage.

Elizabeth spent the entire night, thinking about Frederick and looking forward to seeing him again. Perhaps she might have finally found her prince charming. 

Copyright © 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 7K 34
Alexander smiled at her. "You are quite likeable, Emmeline, and I think we might one day be dear friends, but I doubt I shall ever wish to marry you...
10.1K 469 30
If you've been waiting for Garrett's and Frederica's story, here it is! Garrett has given up pining for his sister's best friend. He has political am...
34.2K 1.7K 50
Daisy has been a stripper all of her life against her wishes. With an annoyingly genius brother to take care of, she is ready to do whatever it takes...
36.2K 782 32
"And there he is. Ready to love me..." *** Lily has lived a tough lonely life. She has been hurt far too many times and has scars she believes will...