Mafiatale - An Eye For An Eye...

By _fransfics_

HERE IT IS! Mafiatale! NOT MY AU! My own version. SANSXFRISK They my OTP. I hope you like this story! Another... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Gosh I know...
End Story Notes

Chapter 15:

4.2K 198 731
By _fransfics_

*Third POV*

While Frisk waited for her books and files, she read the letter that was given to her a few minutes before.

After reading the letter, she had pondered it for a very long time, trying to decipher what it meant.

The signature was Talia's, yet Frisk couldn't come up with one reason for Talia to send her a letter saying-

Shaking her head, Frisk folded up the letter and placed it in her right drawer.

She had better things to worry about than what Talia thought of her.

Yet she was going to keep the information, just in case it was important later on.

All facts were important to Frisk, because she knew she would always use them.

Thinking of facts turned Frisk's attention to the book still sitting on her desk.

She had already finished it, and had an urge in her stomach to do something.

Her mind wished to be productive, except there was nothing to occupy it with.

That's when her eyes moved to the drawers.

Surely they would put something in there for her to write on, especially if they expect her to take notes and give information.

And they did.

Inside the right drawer was a black collage rule notebook, along with a few other blank papers.

When Frisk grabbed out the notebook, she stroked the fresh cover and flipped through the empty pages.

She loved empty pages.

She loved having ideas to fill them with, and the possibility to put anything down; to assign the note book to one subject and fill each line with knowledge and notes.

When she sat at the desk, placing the notebook in front of her and grabbing a sharpened pencil, (that she sharpened herself with the sharpener she found in the right drawer) she opened to the first page and stared at the empty white spaces.

What would she put down on the blank paper?

She didn't feel like taking notes on snails, or any books either.

Frisk had the want to write something meaningful, something that was impactful to her; something she couldn't afford forgetting. (Not that she forgot most things anyway)

That's when the idea hit her sharply, and she gripped the pencil with a serious look as she wrote in large letters across the top of the page:

Project - Eye for an Eye
Notes on Sans the Skeleton.

Frisk stared at the words for two seconds more, thinking of how beneficial it will be to have notes to study off of about Sans.

She always was willing to learn about him.

Now that she had the chance, and her life wasn't (exactly) threatened; Frisk flipped her pencil, and began writing.

"I just don't see why Asgore thinks he can just assign me to whatever he wants, and get away with it!" Sans ranted, taking a drink of ketchup then some water.

Sans skipped visiting Frisk, and decided to complain with his good friend Grillby.

Besides, he needed some time to think of what he would say to Frisk.

He was sure she wouldn't want to join, so it was up to him to convince her.

Yet nothing was coming to mind, except for the anger of getting assigned to her once again.

"I mean, who does he think he is?!" He said, looking at Grillby with frustration.

Grillby dried some cups and his eyes stared past Sans, staring off into space as if he had just woken from a nap as he replied, "He's the boss, Sans."

Nearby, playing pool, Chara snickered and glanced at Sans, causing him to shoot her and Asriel a nasty glare.

He turned back to Grillby and said, "Well... that's a lousy excuse."

Grillby only nodded and hummed in agreement, drying off another glass cup before setting it down and dazing off again.

"Not only that, but the dolly got my backstory! The stupid tactic didn't even work in my favor! I'll be lucky if she doesn't know my weakness."

Sans continued to rant a bit, about how Frisk guessed a lot about him just from a few words and how she didn't have the answers he was looking for.

Instead of the friendly advice that Sans usually revived from his friend, Grillby only nodded and hummed an agreement, as if he wasn't paying attention at all.

"Hey," Sans said, snapping his fingers to break his friend's daze, "Are you even listening to me?"

When Grillby blinked a few times to wake up, he replied, "Hm? Oh yes, I'm listening."

Sans looked skeptical and folded his arms, testing, "Oh really? What did I just say?"

Grillby's hesitation was enough for Sans, and the Skeleton scoffed slightly as he said, "Wow. I've been talking to the air this entire time."

"I am sorry Sans," Grillby apologized, "I have just been thinking about how I could possibly beat muffet, and I suppose-"

Sans cut him off with a long eye roll and a stinging glare, his eyes narrowed as he said, "Oh right, of course you were thinking about Muffet."

This time Sans ignored the snickers coming from Chara's direction; he thought it wouldn't matter if she heard what they were saying anyways.

Grillby seemed surprised with Sans's comment, and blinked a bit in shock at his words.

"I beg your pardon?"

Sans gripped his cup tightly, and said, "You're always focusing on Muffet. Can't you listen to me for one second?"

The words were almost painful to his friend, though Sans hardly noticed, considering his anger was mixing with the fact he was almost not sober.

"Can't you ever listen to me?" Grillby shot back, his voice still smooth and flicking. "You are always going on about Frisk. Ever since the expert came here, she is the only thing on your mind!"

"Take it back! You know that isn't true!"

"It is Sans, and you know it. All you do is talk about her."

"That's because I have to Grillby! I'm assigned to think and talk about her!

When he finished his sentence, Grillby's mouth curled into a slick smile and he teased, "I might think, you are starting to like her Sans."

Sans shoved his glass across the counter and stood from his seat in anger as snapped coldly, "I think I am done here. I have a job to do."

As he turned to walk away Grillby called after him, "Sans! Sans I was only kidding!"

Yet Sans wouldn't listen, and he once again ignored the tickling laughter that Chara continued to give.

Once outside the room, Sans headed briskly to the elevator, trying to forget Grillby's words.

He knew Grillby was wrong, and arguing would just waste more time.

Sans would just have to do what he normally did, and tell Frisk what's going on.

Even with the knowledge she wouldn't agree to join, Sans decided that getting it over with would be better than stressing about it for the rest of the day.

Besides, it would be dark soon, and he preferred to get it done now instead of later.

He couldn't afford Gaster scolding him for being lazy again.

On his way to Frisk's room, Sans runs into none other than Talia, who is holding something wrapped up like a small present.

'She does not give up does she,' Sans thought to himself as he picked up the pace, catching up to her.

"Heya," He said with a grin, "whatcha got there?"

His hand gestured to the present and Talia jumped at his voice, her eyes flicking to him sharply.

Once she relaxed, Talia sighed and said, "It's a gift from Toriel. A phone, I think, made by Gaster and Alphys in the lab."

Sans was shocked to hear that Toriel was already giving Frisk one of their special phones even though Frisk wasn't on the team yet.

Perhaps she expected Sans to have already told her.

Sans realized Toriel should probably stop expecting so much from him.

Opening his hand out to Talia, Sans claimed, "Well that's great. I'm headed to her right now so you can go ahead and.... hand it over."

Talia seemed slightly bothered and didn't place the small box in his hand.

Instead, she argued, "I can do it myself. I was already sent my Toriel."

Not willing to fight, Sans simply said, "Look over there," and pointed behind Talia. When she looked, he plucked the box from her hand and shoved it in his pocket, saying, "Thanks."

"

Hey!" Talia said, still processing what happened as Sans nonchalantly turned to continue his walk down the hall.

"Hey," he replied casually, giving her the tip of the hat before continuing.

Talia didn't give up, and although she was intimidated by him, she stated, "Give that back! I have to deliver it!."

Sans really didn't want to deal with the servant, so he groaned, "You can help by getting Frisk a new book, and the files she needs from Alphys."

He waved her away and walksed to Frisk's door with one hand in his pocket. "Later."

Talia stayed silent, and watched Sans walk to Frisk's door before turning and grumbling to the elevator.

That's when he remembered something important, and he turned quickly to Talia as he called, "Wait- what was that letter-"

Except she was already gone.

Sighing, Sans shook his head and walked into Frisk's room after entering the code.

Besides, he could ask Frisk about it later, and she would be forced to give an answer.

Because of their deal of course.

Once inside, Sans looked at Frisk who was laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling, sitting up when she noticed he came in.

"Oh... Sans..." she said in a kinder voice than their previous meetings.

After Sans nodded his head as a greeting and he closed the door, Frisk continued, "Did you get more files? Nd a new book? I just finished reading about snails, and did you know the snail Charoniatritonis eats starfishes and can grow a foot and a half long and-"

Sans cut her off, knowing she could talk for hours if he let her. Yet he wasn't going to let her, and he claimed, "That's a useless fact."

Frisk seemed almost shocked at his statement, but decided to herself that he was only bored and didn't want to talk about snails.

She wanted to talk about everything, but she knew that there was more important matters to discuss.

So she simply said, "You never know when a fact might be useful."

Instead of replying to what Frisk had said, Sans asked, "What was the letter Talia gave you? What did it say?"

Frisk, naturally, is quite offended with his wish to get into her personal information. Except there was nothing to hide in the letter, so she spitefully grabbed it and said, "Nothing important. I don't even know what it means."

She handed it to Sans, surprised at how kind she was being to him.

He tore it from her hands sharply, his figure serious as he read:

- "Back off."

That was all the letter read, and Sans had to re-read it a few times, his brain trying to understand what it meant.

Except nothing came to mind, so he crumbled it up and tossed it in the garbage that was next to Frisk's desk as he said, "Probably not important."

Frisk held back a scowl, and hesitated from telling him once again, "Everything is important." 

Instead she shrugged, not really agreeing with him but not really disagreeing either.

She wasn't in the mood to argue with him, and was starting to get used to his company.

Which was something she could respect, considering they were forced to see each other.

That's when she noticed what Sans had pulled from his pocket, and pointing to the tiny box Frisk asked, "What's that?"

Sans glanced at the box for a moment, and didn't hesitate on answering, "It's a phone. Made by The Underground so no one can catch you."

"Well... Why are you giving it to me?" Frisk asked, confused on why they would need to give her a phone when she isn't allowed to leave the room on her own anyway.

Once again, Sans didn't hesitate and he said plainly, "You're joining the team, that's why. Not only that, but I'm your partner."

Even though the news was shocking and quite irritating to Frisk, she didn't blow up like Sans had expected her too.

He was highly impressed with how well she was handling his presence now, and he realized Asgore was right about her liking to them.

Though she did protest, and she said calmly, "Your partner? No offense, Sans, but I don't exactly think of you as a good partner."

"Don't worry, I didn't want you as my partner either," He shot back, causing Frisk to pout and glare, "But we don't really have a choice.

"I have some rules," She claimed blankly after a moment of silence between the two (which was definitely not something Sans had expected).

"Alright," Sans said, already tired with the time being, "What are they?"

"I want to roam around as I please, and I want to do it alone. Without, and escort."

This time, Sans hesitated, and he thought about how much trouble he would get into if he let Frisk roam and get herself killed or kidnapped.

He replied with some delay, "Uh... Well... I can't let you do any of that without Asgore's approval."

"What?!"

This was the explosion Sans was waiting for, and he couldn't help but let a smile twitch at the corners of his mouth when Frisk jumped up and looked at him with sharp eyes.

"I won't cause any problems! It's only one rule!" Frisk continued sharply.

Sans chuckled and looked at her with a small grin. "Calm down ya angsty teen, I trust you won't." 'Kinda', he should have added.

"Then why don't you just let me? I'll be your stupid partner if you would just give me this one ounce of freedom!"

'Wow,' Sans thought to himself, his smile dropping into an annoyed frown, 'She really is like an angsty teen.'

Not willing to have this nonsense, (mostly because he was pretty grumpy about the situation already) Sans took a step closer to Frisk, his face serious and intimidating.

They were only inches apart and he stared down into her eyes darkly, snarling, "I can't let you do anything without asking Asgore."

Frisk didn't flinch or even pull away from Sans, keeping her eyes fierce and her stance strong as she snarled back quietly, "We better go ask him then..."

They were so close they could feel each other's breath, but each one was staring the other in the eyes, daring them to pull away.

Neither of them did until they suddenly heard the door open, and in sync they turned their heads to see Talia standing at the door in bewilderment.

In her arms was a stack of files and a book at the top, yet her head peered over and showed her true confusion on why Sans and Frisk's heads were so close together.

Both quickly pull away and avoid looking at each other. 

Talia says nothing and sets the items down on Frisk's desk, leaving briskly as if she was never there in the first place.

Before she left, she quickly said, "I'm sorry for intruding."

"I accept your apology," Sans and Frisk both said in sync, now glaring at each other again.

Talia didn't hesitate on leaving, and she prayed she would be able to forget the event.

Except the image was burned in her mind.

And she knew she wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it.

Once Talia was gone from the room, Frisk and Sans could still feel the tense energy, except Sans, not willing to deal with it, simply said, "We will talk to Asgore tomorrow, in the morning."

As he left, Frisk simply nodded and checked the time.

12:34pm.

Once again she had stayed up past midnight, which she knew wasn't very healthy for her.

Yet, it didn't stop her from working on a few files the moment Sans left the room.

Once in the hall, Sans sighed and adjusted his tie, turning and leaving to probably apologize to Grillby for how he had acted before.

Except as he stepped into the elevator, he met with Undyne who smiled and said, "Ah! I was just looking for you! It's your turn for security."

Just his luck.

That is how Sans ended up watching Frisk once again on the security cameras, even though he desperately wanted a break from her.

Lucky for him, he did get a break, and he ended up falling asleep on the job, knowing there was probably nothing to worry about.

At this time, Talia was passing the open room and her eyes caught sight of him.

Quietly, she peered inside and and looked at him asleep on the chair.

Slowly and softly, she began pulling the door, and she whispered, "Someday..."

The door clicked shut.

***********

A/N: I'M SORRY EVERYONE!

BUT....

SCHOOL IS STARTING NEXT WEEK FOR ME.

*LE CRI*

I CAN PROBABLY MAKE IT THROUGH IF I PRETEND HOMEWORK IS JUST FRISK WORKING ON HER FILES MAYBE!

BUT MY UPDATES....

*LE MORE CRI*

IDK!!!!

I will still try and do every week.

BUT I'M SCARED MY FRANS CHILDREN.

AND I'M SORRY.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

I THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND I WILL TRY WITH ALL MY MIGHT TO UPDATE.

AND I SHALL.

IF YOU STAND BY ME.

THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH!

I LOVE YOU!

GOODBYE (FOR NOW)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65 1 7
This is going to be a Frans fanfic this will be my first try at this so please don't judge me to much and later on if i feel like it i may put a litt...
3.3K 81 3
A bunch of Frans stories that kept on popping like popcorns in my head :3 (cover art: sinfulzany on tumblr)
335K 12.1K 153
Sans. He is a serious skeleton who is part of the Mafia, and he doesn't like to take shit from anyone. Well, maybe apart from his own boss, Asgore. H...
83.9K 7.2K 54
I have an Idea for an Undertale AU. And apparently, it's a good idea? So here, have a book. --- Long ago, two races ruled the earth. But when a plagu...