An Alpha's Kiss | ✔️

By Dark-Shadow

(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silentl... More

An Alpha's Kiss - Story Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 16

34.2K 1.6K 135
By Dark-Shadow

~Jace

After a three-hour flight and an hour and a half car ride, I finally reached the castle. I didn't waste any second in making my way up to my room and plumping down on the bed. The way back was exhausting, mainly because I spent the entire ride thinking about Aya.

I pressed two fingers against my forehead trying to ease the headache I felt. That's what I disliked about long nonstop journeys, nausea and headaches. When I sit in the same place for a long period of time, my wolf gets impulsive and starts nagging in the back of my head.

"It's so good to be back home." I murmured, blankly staring into the ceiling. I tore my gaze away when my phone buzzed.

You there yet? Aya sent the message. I smiled appreciating the fact that I was on her mind.

Yeah, arrived just a few minutes ago. I pressed the send button.

Great! Um, I'll leave you to rest. You must be exhausted. You have no idea.

I have a meeting in half an hour /: I don't want to make the alphas wait any longer.

Ok. Then talk to me ASAP.

I will love. I put my phone aside still smiling.

I'm positive that Aya loves me, her eyes just give away her feelings. And I waited all those years to see that kind of love in her eyes, to make sure she truly loves me. 

She was fighting her feelings, letting her fear take control of her decisions. I understood that, which is why I didn't want to pressure her into something she's doubtful off. She's a witch and I'm a werewolf, we're from completely different worlds. Any girl her place would have second thoughts.

She's scared of when I find my mate and thinks that I'll let her go. But she doesn't understand the love I have for her, the pull I have towards her. No mate can change that, even with the mate bond.

I'm not an arrogant cocky alpha who plays with a girl's heart. No, I am a man of his word, and I don't take such actions lightly. I'm not one of those stereotypical princes who sleep around with tons of girls and care about money and sex only.

Of course, I've had my fair share of girls but it was only to get Aya out of my head. And it sure as hell didn't work out.

With my coronation being only a few months away, I need a queen by my side. A strong queen who sympathies with her people and cares for them. Most girls are thirsty for power that comes with royalty, greedy for money and more money. And Aya, she's different.

Rather than the fact that she is of royal blood, she doesn't act as such. Even when we were younger, she never pulled the 'I'm a princess' card on anyone who told her no. She's passionate, caring and strong-willed.

She's as delicate as a flower but has the fierceness of a warrior. Very few people know that. With her courage and kindness, I knew she will be an amazing queen someday. Hopefully soon.

Everything she is made me fall for her. I've tried and tried keeping her out of my head but nothing worked.

"I'm very disappointed in you." My head snapped to the source of the voice. My mom was leaning against the door frame, a smile tugging her lips.

"My own son didn't come and see me when he first arrived." She tsked, the corners of her mouth pulling up in a smile.

In a flash, I was next to her. I wrapped an arm around her petite frame and kissed her head.

"You know how much I missed you right?" I grinned looking down at her.

"It sure shows by how you walked up straight to your room without greeting you mother." She teased letting out a halfhearted laugh. I chuckled rolling my eyes at her sarcasm.

"And I missed you too, honey. Your father told me that you have a meeting with the alphas so I'll leave you to rest a little." I nodded staring at her retreating form.

I looked at the clock and sighed. Fifteen minutes till the meeting starts.

***

"This isn't the first time rogues cross my territory, your highness. But this time they attacked and injured a lot of pack members. We should put an end to this." Jasper, the alpha of the black wood pack spoke. His words calm and smooth yet holding undeniable rage.

And he had every right to be. There's a great difference between rogues trespassing and rogues attacking. When rogues trespass, they are unaware of the territory they step foot on. But when they attack, that means they've set tactics and gotten familiar with pack territory.

"Alpha Jasper's right. We should stop them before things get out of hand and they start attacking other packs." Alpha Pierce replied and the rest of the alphas nodded in agreement.

Eight alphas in total sat around the mahogany table in the middle of the head quarter, discussing a solution for rogues. I remained silent, listening to what the alphas had to say before making up my mind. When I was younger, I watched my father do the same thing.

"Killing them is a choice." Landon, alpha of darkmond pack suggested. He became alpha two weeks ago, as his father passed him down the title.

"We can't wipe them out, if that's what you're implying. Not all things resolve through blood." Alpha Keer was the one to interject. He is the oldest of us and with his age came a lot of wisdom. The last thing we need is to declare a mass rogue wipe-out especially with the fiare out there.

The alphas knew nothing of them and won't until my father agrees to and until then, I have to implement certain security procedures to avoid rogue attacks. A couple of things could work, but then again rogues are unpredictable and irrational.

"Prince Jace, what do you propose?" Alpha Brooks sat across from me. He tied his hands together shifting closer to the table. 

"Alphas." I addressed, clearing my throat as I noticed the tension rising. "The best we could do is double patrol shifts and put cameras on the borders of each pack territory. That way, you will be notified of any possible rogue attack beforehand and prepare your warriors.

As for the rogues, I will send my men to keep an eye on them. Knowing their place and actions at all times will give us an advantage." I explained, my tone dead serious as I stared at the alphas for any sign of refusal. There were none.

"Great. Then we're going to stick to this plan and see how it goes." I affirmed, standing up and so did the rest of the alphas. Looks of relief covered their faces, pleased with the way I handled the situation.

We walked out of the headquarters and I directly went for my dad's office. The alphas took a different route since they needed to return to their packs.

I haven't gotten the chance to talk to my father about the whole 'come back here' speech because a feeling in the pit of my stomach told me that his phone call wasn't just about the rogues hitting the northern side border. There's something else.

***

"Sit down son." My father ushered, putting the papers he had in hand down. The stack of files regarding economic and financial matters were piled on his desk. He got up, sitting in front of me on the black leather sofa.

"Why did you order me to come? You could've dealt with the alphas without me." I said, resting a hand under my chin. A flicker of sadness flashed through his eyes.

"I know that. There's a reason behind me calling you to come back." Damn right there is.

"I figured that out. What's going on?" I put my elbows on my legs leaning forward, suddenly interested.

"You're going to be king in two months Jace. Don't you think you need a queen by your side?" He demanded. My eyebrows raised in surprise. A queen, really? A war might erupt any day now and that's what's occupying his thoughts?

"I have plenty of time to –"

"To what Jace? Find your mate? You could've looked for her all this time but instead you did nothing, nothing. You preferred to play bodyguard for Aya rather than searching for your mate." He sighed rubbing his temples. I stiffened, warning bells ringing inside my head.

"Dad, I want to postpone the coronation. I'm not ready to be king yet." I tried convincing him but he was having none of it.

"You know that's not possible, the council won't allow it. Son, those are the rules." My anger flared and my wolf scratched to surface.

"To hell with the rules! I'm not going to mate with any female for the council's sake. I will choose a female. I will have a chosen." By now I was breathing heavily, my shoulders stiff as a board.

"The council already spoke to me about this matter, Jace. Our people are already questioning whether you found their future queen or not." He sounded pained saying so.

In a blink of an eye, I was on my feet marching for the door. I couldn't control the wolf inside of me any longer, it was livid, furious. I knew if I stayed I'd shift and do something I'd later regret. But what he said next made me stop dead in my tracks.

"I would recommend you going for a run and calm down. You will be meeting your chosen at dinner."

***

Finally Jace's POV my lovies!😍

That was intense!

What do you guys think will happen next chapter?

Until then, have a nice week. 😘

-Sally.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
911 31 8
Vampires and werewolves have been blood enemies for centuries, but now a new threat is rising...demons are escaping from hell and those demons are in...
350K 16.2K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
6.6K 221 24
[Complete] "It's nice to know the name of my mate, but it's disappointing to see you letting another man touch you, mate." I shivered in delight at...