Soft.

By fiftyslays

When a high profile CEO, Zeke Ingram, clashes with the new boss in town, Naomi Cartier, it's clear that it's... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n | part 1
n i n e t e e n | part 2
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e | part 1
t w e n t y - f i v e | part 2
t w e n t y - f i v e | part 3
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e | part 1
t h i r t y - o n e | part 2
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e | part 1
Updated Cast
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
Update.
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
Author's Note

t h i r t y - f i v e | part 2

57.9K 2.9K 4.6K
By fiftyslays

Excuse any mistakes

Seattle, Washington
Christmas morning

            "Mommy, wake up!" Nia hovered over Naomi, opening one of her eyelids. "It's Christmas." She whispered.

"What time is it?" Naomi mumbled.

      "Time to wake up." Nia blinked. Naomi slanted her eyes at her and Nia cheesed. "Happy birthday Mommy!"

Naomi smiled and slowly sat up. "Thank you sweetie." She looked to the right of her to see Zeke's side of bed empty.

        Nia leaned in, placing a kiss on Naomi's cheek. "I made this for you!" She exclaimed, removing a drawing from behind her back and handing it to Naomi.

Naomi looked at Nia, and smiled once she noticed what the drawing consisted of. It was a picture of Naomi wearing a some sort of costume, one that she didn't recognize.

      "Who is this sweetie?" Naomi asked.

"That's you." Nia stated the obvious.

     "No." Noami chuckled. "I meant what superhero am I?"

Nia shrugged her shoulders. "I made your own. You have superpowers! You make everybody happy!"

      Naomi smiled at her, grabbing her face and placing kisses all over her face. Nia giggles filled the room as she tried to pry Naomi away. "I love you!" Naomi cooed.

"I love you too Mommy!" Nia wrapped both arms around Naomi's neck and squeezed tightly. "Now, we gotta open my gifts and eat breakfast I cooked."

     Naomi pulled away and lifted her eyebrow as Nia pulled her out of the bed. "You cooked?"

"Yea!" Nia nodded her head excitedly. "Well, ZeeZee helped but I did the most work." She explained while tugging Naomi's arm. "Come on Mommy!"

     "Girl, you better wait. I have to brush my teeth, wash my face, find something to wear, do my makeup, do my ha—"

"Mommyyyy." Nia whined. "That's gonna take forever!" She looked at Naomi like she had lost her mind.

      Naomi giggled at her facial expression. "I'm kidding. Well, can I least brush my teeth? I don't think ZeeZee wants to smell my morning breath."

Nia turned up her nose, waving the perceived stank breath out of the air. "Do that."

     No she did not!

Naomi shook her head and got up to walk to her bathroom. Looking in the mirror, she smiled at herself. "Chapter 30." She mumbled to herself.

      Grabbing her toothbrush and toothpaste, she began to perform her morning hygiene duties. She thought about Zeke and what he did last night for her. Glancing at the ring on her finger, she smirked to herself.

Gotta show my appreciation.

     After washing and cleaning her face, she walked out of the bathroom and out the bedroom. When the smell of breakfast entered her nostrils, her stomach began to growl. She was starving.

She appeared in the living room, noticing that Nia was transporting her gifts to the middle of the floor. Naomi laughed to herself because one box was so big that you couldn't see Nia's face. Cato sniffed the boxes, following behind her every move.

     "I see you're ready." Naomi folded her arms across her chest.

Nia sat the box down and let out sigh of relief. "Tell ZeeZee to come on."

     Naomi held her hands up. "Yes ma'am." Turning on her heels, she walked in the kitchen and bit her lip as her eyes landed on Zeke. All she had was a view of his back muscles, but even that was welcomed.

Zeke turned his head slightly, seeing Naomi leaning on the island. He smiled at her, enjoying the view. All she had on was a red sweatshirt that read Devastating Diva with a pair of red knee high socks.

      "Merry Christmas, ZeeZee." Naomi greeted with a playful smirk and walked towards him.

"That's my name, please don't wear it out." He said causing her to giggle. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly. "Mm, Merry Christmas to you too."

       "Nia is awaiting your arrival in the princess circle." Naomi took his hand, leading him into the living room. Not before taking a biscuit, though.

When they reappeared in the living room, Nia was sitting in the middle of the floor, waiting patiently. She perked up once couple made their entrance and took a seat on the floor with her. She pushed Cato's head out of her lap.

         "Finally!" Nia stated dramatically. "Okay, I wanna open Mommy's gifts first."

"Bigger gifts are last." Naomi said before taking a bite out of her biscuit.

     Yummy.

She didn't miss the brief glare Nia sent in her direction. Naomi lifted her eyebrow accompanied by a try me look. Nia quickly looked away, grabbing one of the smaller gifts.

     Cato walked over to where Naomi was sitting, laying beside her. Without even noticing, she began to rub the top of his head. Nia tore the wrapper off, unveiling a karaoke machine. "Oooo, I  get on your nerves all day Mommy!"

"I didn't buy that." Naomi shook her head.

     "I did." Zeke spoke up causing Naomi to glare at him. "My bad." He chuckled.

Nia went through the rest of the small gifts, rather unimpressed mostly because she was ready open the bigger ones. Everyone really sent her money and Naomi made a note to add it to her trust fund.

      Tearing the wrapper off one of her big gifts, her eyes grew wise once she looked at the box. She dramatically stood back, and looked at Naomi who was trying her best to hold in her laugh.

"What is it baby?" Naomi asked, knowing exactly what it was.

       Zeke pulled out his phone to record it. Nia finished tearing the wrapper, and it was a box full of Princess Tiana's wardrobe and crown. "Wow!" Nia gasped as her eyes remained on the box. "I get to dress up like Tiana?!" She looked up at Naomi.

"Mhmm. Now you can act out those scenes in the same clothes." Naomi looked at her. "I hope you can change fast." She laughed.

     "Yeah, gotta be fast with it Nia Bia."

"I will!" Nia exclaimed. Naomi opened the box so Nia could get a good look at the clothes. She took the crown and placed it on the top of Nia's head. "Wait, I gotta kiss a real frog?"

        "Noo." Naomi shook her head. "Kiss your fake frog, please."

Nia finished with Naomi's gifts, receiving more clothes and shoes. She also received another tricycle since she outgrew her smaller one. "Wow, you got all this then you definitely don't need my big gift." Zeke shrugged.

     "Nooo ZeeZee! Where is it?" Nia pouted.

The doorbell sounded, and Zeke perked up. "Mm, right on time."

    Oh lord.

He got up to go open the door. Naomi looked towards the door as it swung open. She didn't see anyone at first until Ashton came flying in on a big wheel. "Beep beep!!" It was a G-wagon.

      Bothered by the sudden loud noise, Cato started barking. Zeke told him to hush and he did just that. "Daddyy!" Nia ran to him. Not for a hug, but to push him off the big wheel. "I wanna ride it!"

"Nope. Not until I get a kiss and a hug." Ashton stood his ground.

      Naomi noticed that about five more big wheels were delivered inside, and her eyes widened. Nia had a Lexus, Ferrari, Mercedes, Audi, and Jeep.

She riding better than me.

     Nia eyes went from each one, unsure on which one she wanted to ride. Ashton was still waiting on his hug and kiss, but he would have to wait. Zeke appeared back in the living room area with a smile on his face.

"Merry Christmas!" He yelled.

     Nia hugged and kissed both Ashton and Zeke, thanking them accordingly. Naomi stood on her feet, smiling at the scene. It was a beautiful sight. She was even more thankful that the two men came together to make Nia happy.

"Best Christmas ever." Nia mumbled.

    Best birthday ever.

Nia let them go to go get in one of her nee vehicles. "Aww, that was sweet of you two." Naomi walked over to where they were standing.

     "It was Zeke's idea." Ashton stood up to hug Naomi. "Cause I didn't know what to get. I was stuck."

She looked at Zeke and mouthed thank you as she embraced Ashton. "So, who bought what?" She asked once they pulled away.

    "I bought the Lexus, Audi, and Ferrari." Zeke responded.

"I gotta drive one the Ferrari." Ashton joked before looking at Naomi. "Happy birthday baby mama." Naomi glared at him causing him to laugh.  "I'ma start calling you that. It's hilarious."

    "I bet it is." She playfully rolled her eyes. "Thank you baby daddy."

"Here." He said pulling out a few bags from the back of the G-wagon, handing them to Naomi.

    "What's this?" She asked, looking inside.

"Your birthday gifts. I hope you still wear a size eight in shoes because that's what I remembered." He looked at her.

      "I do." She nodded, sitting down on the couch and opening the box. She gasped at the pair of Jimmy Choo Crystal Suede Point Toe Pumps.
"Oh my these are very expensive, Ash. Thank you."

"I know. Enter your 30's in style." He said, sticking his hands into his pockets.

     "Wow they sparkle!" Nia blurted out.

"Damn, are those real diamonds?" Zeke leaned in to look.

    "Better be for 4 grand." Ashton said.

Naomi's eyes widened when he said the price. "Ashton, you did not have to spend four thousand dollars on a pair of shoes."

      "Women like you deserve nice things." Ashton looked at her. "I already spent the money. I'm not taking them back so you better find an outfit for them. Oh, wait. I bought an outfit to match." He pointed at the other bag.

"Ashton." She said in a tone before placing the box on the floor and grabbing the other bag. A Ralph Lauren box was inside and she opened it. Placing the top on the couch, she held up the Ivory One-Shoulder Silk Crepe Jumpsuit. "This is pretty, Ash. Thank you."

     "No problem, Naomi." He turned to Nia. "You ready big head?"

"I got it from you." Nia shot back.

     "Yikes." Zeke laughed.

"Man, a second Naomi is not what I signed up for." Ashton shook his head and Naomi smirked.

    "Stop talking about my baby head and she wouldn't have to put you in your place." Naomi stood up and picked Nia up, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Aye, you not wincing." Ashton pointed out.

     "Yeah, my physical therapist puts me in more pain than picking up Nia. I almost cussed her out the other day, but I am getting better." Ashton and Zeke shared a laugh. "Next, I have to get back in the gym."

"Stop, you're perfect." Ashton waved her off. "I bet Zeke is happy."

     "I am a happy man." Zeke agreed.

"I just need to lose a few pounds, that's all." Naomi disputed.

     "Do whatever makes you happy baby mama." Ashton took Nia out of her arms. "Nia and I are gonna go open some more gifts at my house."

"Yayyy!" Nia cheered.

      "Three of these cars going back to your house." Naomi said matter of factly.

"I'll come back and get them." He said as he walked to the door.

       "Wait, I gotta say bye to Cato!" Nia wiggled out of his embrace and ran back where Cato was laying down. He stood up when she rubbed him. "I'll see you later, Cato."

"She act like she's not going to see Roscoe." Naomi looked at Ashton.

     "Cato be depressed without her these days." Zeke said.

She disappeared into the kitchen. Naomi furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what she was doing. "Ok, I'm ready!" She shouted, running back towards the door with fifty pieces of bacon in her hand.

     This girl.

"Bye Mommy, Bye ZeeZee." She said before biting a piece off and following Ashton out.

    "I'll bring her back in the morning?" He looked at Naomi.

Naomi nodded her head. "Okay. That's fine."

          "Okay. Enjoy your birthday." He leaned in and kissed her forehead. "Thanks again, Zeke." He shook his hand.

"No problem." Zeke shook it back.

      Ashton and Nia said their final goodbyes before leaving. Once the door was closed, Naomi looked at Zeke. "What time does your father's party start?"

He looked at the clock on the wall. "You still got about four hours. Don't start until one."

   "Mm, okay." She quickly did some math in her head.

1 hour of sex, maybe two if I can get ready within a an hour and a half span.

    But if I do that thing he likes... he won't last that long.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

       "Last night. I can't get over you accepting Nia and sharing your heart with her also." She admitted. "I was so emotional last night that I didn't show my appreciation."

She walked to the tree, pulling a few gifts from under it and walked back towards him. "But, before I do that, you have gifts to open."

    "Hmm, I wonder what could it be." He tapped his finger against his chin. She grabbed his hand and led him to the couch, taking a place on his lap.

"I don't know. Open them." She took one of the gifts away from him. "We're going to save this one for last."

"Okay." He began to open one gift and smiled even before he finished unwrapping it. "I always wanted this camera. Never made time to get it." He held up the box, looking back at her. "How'd you know?"

"Extensive research." Naomi shrugged. "I wanted to know what camera do photographers need in their collections and this one came up on everyone's list. And it's expensive."

"It is. $40k to be exact." He agreed.

"But, I got it for $10k because I'm the shit." She looked at him. "Either way, you're putting it into use."

"I will. Thanks angel." He nodded his head before sitting it to the side. Grabbing the next gift, he dug into the gift bag and pulled out a jewelry box. Opening it, it revealed a gold chain with Naomi's name on it.

He smirked at her while shaking his head. "I couldn't help myself." Naomi shrugged. "I want my man to wear my name around his neck."

"I love it, though." Zeke said, putting the chain around his neck. Naomi fixed it so her name was sitting up right. "How it look?"

"Perfect." She looked at him.

Resting his hand on her thigh, he looked for the other gift. "So, can I open that one now?" He pointed to the gift in her hand.

She took a deep breath and handed it to him. He looked at her before sitting up. He tore the wrapper off the small box and opened it. A gold key was inside and he looked up at her for an explanation.

"I know you already have a key, but it was out of necessity. You chose to help me through my healing process and that, I can't thank you enough for." She removed the key from the box. "This key allows you to come into that front door just as the other one do. But, this is me officially allowing you into my world. Sharing my space. Sharing my air. It's the key to this house and my heart." She looked at him. "I love you Zeke."

The most perfect feeling he had ever known had swept through him. Hearing her say those words made him sigh out of relief. He had been nervous to tell her first, but now he knew that she felt the same way.

Love, from a black woman, it felt like a breath of fresh air. It was the purest and it was something he had never experienced before. But, now that he has, he wanted to tell the world.

"I love you too." He stated with confidence.

"I know. You said it in many words last night." She placed her arms around his neck and kissed him.

He slowly, and reluctantly, pulled away. "Yo, Cato leave." He looked down at his dog, who was sitting directly in front of them.

Naomi looked back to see Cato with a sad look on his face. "Aww. He's sad babe."

"Yeah well I'm tryna get some loving." He looked at Cato. "Skadaddle!"

Cato barked at him before getting up and walking down the hall. He went into Nia's room and Zeke got up to go close the door. Naomi shook her head at him and stood up.

Zeke appeared back in the living room and she walked towards him. "Ok, now. It would have been weird for him to be watching." He looked at her.

"I'm sure he wouldn't have known what was going on." She chuckled.

"Oh well. Come here." He pulled her to him.

...

     Naomi's body and legs shook ferociously as Zeke thrusted into her with seemingly no end. She moaned freely, humming softly as the passion intensified. She cupped her breasts, yelping as he thrusted deeper. His hands had a firm grip on her waist while doing so.

She placed her hand on his chest, digging her nails into him. Putting her weight on her elbows, she arched her back and took it with grace. "Ah!" She screamed as she released an intense orgasm, hitting her climax.

     Her body relaxed, but her vision was blurred. She was crying.

Bitch get it together, what the fuck?!

    Zeke looked down at her, concerned. He thought that he had hurt or something. "You good? I hurt you?"

Unable to talk, she just covered her face and shook her head. He smiled and removed her hands, and she flushed in embarrassment. "Orgasm was intense."

       "I bet." He smirked. "You almost had me. I had to redeem myself."

"Hush." She pushed him away and his chuckles sounded. Straddling his lap, she glanced at the time and noticed that they a little under three hours until the party.

       Naomi threw her hair over shoulder and looked back at him, wiping the dry tears off of her face. "I'm cringing because Nia loves to sit on this couch."

"Oh wow. Gotta get this professionally cleaned for the princess." He looked at her.

       "Yeah since you made me cry, that's a bill you're handling." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck. She'd finally caught her breath and wiped a little sweat off of her forehead.

"I got it."

       Naomi rested her head on his shoulder and sighed contently. Wrapping his arms around her, he pushed her hair out of her face. "I'm going back to work after the holidays."

Zeke sighed. "I expected that."

      Lifting her head, she looked at him. "Why you say it like that?"

"Just don't forget about me."

          "I know I can really throw myself into my work, but I won't." She responded. "I promise."

Zeke nodded his head. "I'll hold you to that."

     She kissed him. "Yess, hold me accountable." She giggled.

"We need to start getting ready because you know how are you." He slapped her behind, getting a naughty reaction out of her.

     "You better stop or we won't make it all." She smirked, getting up off of his lap and walking down the hallway that led to her bedroom.

Once inside, she immediately headed inside her bathroom to take a quick shower. "Is that a threat?" Zeke asked, appearing in the bathroom.

    Naomi shook her head and turned on the shower head. "Another promise."

Zeke shook her head and the two took a shower, keeping it clean because they knew if they started back that they wouldn't make it to the party. Ten minutes later, Naomi walked back in her bedroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

       Carefully, she applied lotion on her body and deodorant on her armpits. Zeke walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping from head to toe.

"You must show me how you make those facemasks." He looked at her. "I want my skin to be soft and stuff."

      "You have amazing skin, babe." She looked up at him. "But, ok I will."

"Easy, breezy, bearded black man." Naomi giggled, and got up to go in her closet. "So since I have a real key now, do I get closet space?"

     She looked back at him. "I have three other guest bedrooms with closet space."

"Wow, I guess the love is not that deep."

          Naomi motioned around her closet and looked at him. "It's impossible to make room for you."

"This closet is a room inside of a room and you can't make space?" He leaned against the wall with a playful grin on his face.

     "I'll think about it."

She had already made up her mind.

     "Yeah, yeah." He didn't believe her and she laughed, knowing that he didn't. Naomi pulled out a pair of wine trousers and a black, long-sleeved button down. She decided to keep it simple with a pair of black booties.

It didn't take long for her to get dressed. It would be doing her makeup and hair that would take up most of the time. She had to re straighten her wig because she sweated it out.

     Zeke watched her as she looked in the mirror, concentrating. He was dressed in a black buttoned down, purposely leaving the first two buttons unbuttoned. He wore a pair of black trousers and black dress shoes. A white sports coat covered his shirt.

Naomi looked at him through the mirror and continued straightening her wig. Nothing was said. They mostly just exchanged glances every once in a while as she continued.

She carefully applied makeup on her face after finishing her hair. Her phone began to vibrate on the dresser, making her jump slightly. She had over fifty birthday texts and too many missed calls.

The first number she recognized was her mom and she locked the phone back. "Am I wrong for how I've ceased all contact and interactions with my mom?" She asked, looking back at him. "Given that she is alive and I only have one mother?"

"Nah." Zeke shook his head. "I think you have a valid reason. You have to protect Nia at all costs. And that's your specialty."

She nodded, liking the answer. "Okay, just wondering."

....

Rayne watched as Brennan and Sophie danced in the middle of the dance floor to a song she wasn't too familiar with. She smiled at the two, happy to see him happy again. He was going to propose to her once Zeke made it. Rayne didn't expect any other answer, but yes.

Amir's chewing caused her to look at him. He was beside her, eating a plate of food that Sophie fixed. It was so much food that Rayne couldn't imagine not getting a little bit of everything.

She glanced at the glass of Scotch at his side, and rolled her eyes discreetly. If he didn't drink responsibly today, she was really going to let him have it.

"That's all you're having, correct?" She asked, pointing at the drink.

"Yeah." He nodded, linking his fingers. "I promise."

She felt a little relieved, hoping that he'd keep the promise. Although, he usually does. Loud talking and loud music sounded throughout at the home. It was a family gathering accompanied by friends of the family members. If you were invited to this function, you were more than a friend.

The Ingrams made this a tradition since they aren't able to see each other as often as they would like. Most of the friends held respective positions in the corporate world. Rayne often remembered being crowded in a two bedroom home on the south side of Chicago.

Sometimes you have to look back and really think on your victory. They'd made it, all of them.

Adonis walked up to Rayne and Amir, taking a seat by his little sister. He held a cold one in his hand and had a disgruntled look on his face. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." He shook his head. "Where the hell is Zeke? I wanna see my wife."

"Who is your wife?" Rayne asked.

"Naomi, duh."

"Zeke is going to get you and Daddy. Leave that man girl alone." She chuckled.

He nodded his head. "I'm just kidding. I just need some parenting advice, to be honest. She the best parent I know."

"Daddy is right there."

"You know what I mean. Pops is cool, but he getting old." Don whispered.

"I'm telling." Rayne shrugged.

"You always been a snitch. Nothing new." He took a sip of his beer and looked around. "Desi still fine. Just wish she didn't marry that lame."

Amir chuckled at Adonis's comment. "He is lame."

Rayne kissed her teeth, looking at the both of them. "Julius is sweet."

     "And lame." Adonis added.

She playfully pushed him. "Whatever. She probably think you're lame."

      "I don't slang wack dick, I know that." He looked at her.

"Okay. I'm done." Rayne held her hands up, and got off the bar stool. "I'm going to go eat some banana pudding."

    "Aye, bring some back." Amir looked at her.

"Me too sissy pooh." Adonis smirked.

          Rayne rolled her eyes and walked off to go get the dessert. Adonis looked back at Amir who threw back his Scottish drink, without a blink. "I don't see how y'all drink Scotch. Shit is death."

"Beer is too." Amir nodded towards the drink in Adonis's hand.

       "Yeah, but I don't know. It's different. A nice cold one while watching a football game or something, undefeated."

"I wish your sister could understand." Amir said while shaking his head.

      Adonis tapped his shoulder. "Think about this. You remember how bad your drinking got last time?"

"That was a different time in my life. I was a felon and I couldn't find a job."

     "Point is, I think Rayne just don't want to see you going back down that road. So yeah she gon be on ya ass. Just know it's out of love. When it comes to my sis, that's all it is." Adonis reached and took a hot wing off his plate.

"Okay, here you go." Rayne appeared back at the bar with two small bowls of banana pudding. The bigger bowl was for her and they both looked at her crazy. "We all know Sophie makes the banana pudding for me so don't even look at me like that."

       The doorbell rung and Adonis immediately got up to go answer it. He trotted down the foyer, beating one of the hosts to the door. When he opened it, Ascaria and Adrian was on the other side of the threshold.

Adonis let out a breath. "Man, I really thought you weren't coming to Seattle at all." Ascaria had a sad look on her face and Adonis let them both in. "What's wrong?"

      She quietly removed her coat and Adrian's, not saying a word. Adonis was concerned. She looked like life had been sucked out of her.

"Nana passed away this morning." She barely said above a whisper, but somehow, Adonis heard it. "She'd got real sick the last few days and I swear I meant to tell you—"

     "Nah, nah." He pulled her up, and hugged her. "It's okay. I'm sorry to hear that baby girl. But like you said." He pulled away to look at her, wiping the tears off her cheeks with his handkerchief. "She's not suffering anymore."

"I know, I know." She nodded. "It's still difficult. She was the only grandparent I knew."

      "I get it." Adonis placed a kiss on her forehead. "Well, it is a party going on so that can get your mind off of it. At least for a little while." He looked down at Adrian, and bent down to his level. "And Merry Christmas to you."

"Merry Christmas, daddy."

     Reaching inside his coat pocket, Adonis pulled out a box and handed it to him. "Go ahead and open it." Adrian opened the box and a pair of diamond earrings were inside. "Now, if you gonna be my son, you gotta wear what I wear."

Adrian looked up and nodded. "Deal."

     "My man!" He gave him a high five and scooped him up. "Let's go meet your family."

Adonis took Ascaria by the hand and led the two into the party area. He immediately headed back to where Rayne and Amir were still sitting. She turned around and noticed that they were coming their way.

    She gasped and put her hand up to her mouth. "Oh Jesus. You spat him out, Don."

"I don't slang wack genes, sis."

    "Shut up." She rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Adrian. "And what's your name cutie?"

"Adrian." He responded shyly.

     "No need to be shy lil man. I'm your Auntie. I'm the one who buys you ice cream and other bad sweets that you like." Rayne looked at him.

"Cupcakes?" He lifted his eyebrow.

        "Cupcakes, too. You and my other little niece are going to be best friends."

"I like her." Adrian looked at Adonis. "You said she was cra—" Adonis covered his mouth.

      "Oh," Rayne folded her arms across her chest and smirked at Adonis. "I see how we're doing it, Don."

"You remember Ascaria." He diverted the attention off of him.

   "Mhmm. You know I remember this girl." She plucked him and embraced Ascaria. "Hey sweetie."

"Hey Rayne." Ascaria greeted with a small smile.

    "You know I should—"

"It's all good." Adonis squeezed Rayne's arm.

      "I still love her. I'm just disappointed." Rayne continued, looking back at Ascaria.

"I deserve that." Ascaria shrugged, not having the energy to dispute anything at this point.

      Rayne noticed that Ascaria was about to breakdown, and pulled her to the nearest bathroom. "I don't like seeing Mommy sad." Adrian said.

"She's gonna be good lil man." Adonis assured him before going to introduce him to Brennan. Meanwhile, Zeke and Naomi had made their entrance.

     A few people who recognized Naomi, greeted her with hugs and kisses. Bryce walked across the room to get to them. "My favorite couple has arrived."

He had a bottle of Patron in his hand, and split the two, placing his arm around the both of them. "Are you drunk already?" Zeke asked.

    "Your pops fixed my drink and I don't know what the fuck he put in that shit." Bryce whispered. Naomi chuckled at his silliness. "Hey Naomi."

"Hey Bryce." 

      "You looking good in this wine! Come on hair!" He hyped her up. "What frontal?! "Naomi twirled around, allowing him to hype her up. "Yassssss! Come on skin! Push through Queen!"

"Can you be my personal hype man?" Naomi looked at him.

   "I'ma hype you up every time sis. Know that." He snapped his fingers in a three count.

"Bro, get some help." Zeke shook his head, placing his hand on Naomi's lower back. He lead her further into the room, and he noticed Messiah in the corner flirting with two girls. Whatever he was saying, they were eating it up.

       "Zeke, wassup man?" Jeff made himself known.

"Jeff?" Zeke looked at him, confused as to why he was here. He hadn't invited Jeff, but he guessed that his father did. Zeke and Jeff really had fallen off, and only maintained a business relationship.

      Jeff let out a small laugh. "Yeah man, who else?" His eyes landed on Naomi. "And you must be Naomi Cartier, heard many great things about you." Jeff extended his hand.

Naomi shook it and plastered a small smile on her face. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure who you are."

      "Oh, I'm Jeff. A friend of Zeke's. I haven't been around much and I'm really sorry about that Zeke." Jeff glanced at him. "Work, wife and a new baby. It's rough."

"Oh, it's cool. How is the wife and the baby?" Zeke asked.

           "Fine." Jeff responded curtly before returning his attention back to Naomi. "You're even more beautiful in person."

"Thank you." She said, glancing between the two. She could feel some sort of tension.

      "You like white men?" He joked.

But, Naomi was starting to feel uncomfortable. His mannerisms threw her off for some reason. His vibe and energy didn't sit well with her. "Afraid not." She turned to Zeke. "I'm going to go find Rayne."

     "Okay." Zeke nodded, looking at her.

They shared a brief kiss before she walked away. Zeke immediately turned back to Jeff with a confused expression. "What was that?"

    Jeff kissed his teeth. "Oh come on, Zeke. I was joking. Since when can I not joke? She has you so uptight these days."

"Whatever." Zeke mumbled, walking around him. He noticed Brennan talking with Adonis who had a little boy in his arms. It was the same little boy he saw Khari's documentary.

     We got action.

He spoke to a few people as he made his way over. He just hoped his Dad didn't invite any exes. That would be tragic. "Zeke." Brennan called.

    Adonis turned around with the boy in his arms and Zeke almost fainted. He thought that he'd saw his grandad again. "Genes are scary." He mumbled to himself.

"Wassup Zeke?" He slapped hands with Adonis. "I want you to meet my son, Adrian."

       "Wassup Adrian? I'm your Uncle Zeke." Zeke extended his hand.

Adrian shook it and looked at him. "Why you so dark?"

     "Oh you wanna fight?" Zeke lifted his eyebrow up, tickling him.

Adrian giggled, trying to pry Zeke's hands off of him.

.....

        It was going on six o'clock and the party was now in full force. Brennan had proposed to Sophie and there would indeed be a wedding the following year. Gifts were exchanged, smiles and laughter were the theme of the party.

Remy, Camila, and Aaliyah had made it. Camila indulged in a card game with some of the older women, and they were betting on the low. Camila was whooping ass, though.

      "I cannot believe you have a son." Remy placed her hand on Adonis's shoulder. "Bless his heart."

Adonis kissed his teeth. "Man, what's that supposed to mean?" 

         "I'm kidding." Remy laughed. "It means nothing. I think this will be good for you. Now you can stop calling me in the middle of the night so you can escape some hoodlum's house."

"Shhh." Adonis shook his head. "Let's keep that on the low low."

      "I hate you."

"You love me, Rem." He placed his arm around her neck. "So—"

    "Adonis the Freak!" Bryce interrupted them, greeting Adonis by the nickname he'd given him. Keegan sighed, touching the bridge of his nose.

"Wassup Bryce?" Adonis chuckled and shook his head.

     "Nothing much." Bryce looked at Remy and smirked. "Who's the lady?"

"Remy this is Bryce, Zeke's crazy friend from college. That's Keegan, his line brother." Adonis introduced them.

    "Hi." Remy gave them a smile.

"Girl, you look like a piece of good God wrapped up in some have mercy with a side of hmmph!" Bryce exclaimed.

       Remy covered her mouth to contain her laugh. That was creative, something she never heard before. "Thank you. You're not so bad yourself."

"Don't hype him up, gorgeous." Keegan stepped in. "You with Don?"

       "Nah, this my homegirl. My soulmate. My bestie." Adonis squeezed her.

"Don if you don't let me go..." She threatened.

     "Feisty, just like I like it. I hear a little Spanish accent, too." Bryce shook his head. "You got a man?"

"No, a woman." Remy pointed towards Aaliyah.

      Bryce and Keegan looked back at Aaliyah, who was engaging in a conversation with someone, and they looked each other. They shared a moment in silence before looking at Remy. "So, y'all looking for an extra participant in you all's....sexual activities?" Bryce had his hand under his chin.

"Nah. Position has been filled." She lied, pointing to Don.

     "Dammit, Don!" Keegan expressed his frustration.

"Sorry fellas." He shrugged.

    "All the fine ass women taken." Bryce shook his head. "Then the fine women got fine women. Seattle is cursed."

"She's single." Don pointed to Erica, who was talking with Rayne.

      "Eh.." Keegan weighed his options. "She fuckable."

"She thick." Bryce shrugged. "Yo sister though.."

     "That's her husband." Adonis pointed at Amir who was posted up against the wall. Bryce and Keegan's eyes widened.

"No reason for that nigga to be that damn big." Keegan shook his head.

     "Damn near gotta shoot his ass." Bryce agreed. "Leave Rayne alone bruh."

Amir walked up to Erica and Rayne as they were talking. "Need something babe?" Rayne asked.

    He shook his head. "Nah, just came to speak." Amir looked at Erica. "Wassup? You get what you needed from Rayne?"

Rayne looked between the two, confused as to what he was talking about. "I honestly didn't need it anymore." Erica responded kind of shaky.

     "Oh okay." Amir shrugged.

"Need what?" Rayne asked. "I was supposed to give you something?"

      Erica looked at Rayne. "Girl, it's nothing." She waved her off, sipping on her drink. Amir and Rayne exchanged looks before he walked off. Rayne eyed Erica suspiciously, wondering what she had up her sleeve.

    Meanwhile, Naomi was dancing to the music with a wine glass in her hand. She watched as Zeke and Brennan held an extensive conversation off to the side, away from everyone. It looked like it was going well.

"Happy birthdayyyy." Remy, Amir and Messiah crept up behind her.

    She turned around to meet their faces, and smiled. "Aww, thank you my babies."

One by one, they gave her a hug and a gift. They also gave her Nia's gifts so she could give it to Nia. "My bitch 30!" Rayne exclaimed, joining the group. "Seasoned!"

    "Hush, Rayne."

"What? That's some grown woman meat now. You in your prime." Rayne hugged her tightly. "Time to pop out some more nieces and nephews." She whispered. 

    "When you and Amir give me one, then we'll talk." Naomi whispered back.

"They always whispering." Remy rolled her eyes.

       "They talking about having babies." Messiah said casually.

"You bet not come up with none, I know that." Remy threatened him. "I seen you flirting with thotbox one and two."

      "Let my lil nigga get his dick wet in peace. Damn." Amir shook his head.

"Thanks bruh. All in my shit." Messiah agreed.

     "Oh God." Naomi looked in horror. "Don't let Amir corrupt you."

Amir kissed his teeth. "Real funny Mimi. I am married." He flashed his wedding band. "Get like me, tuh."

     "Oop." Messiah and Remy said at the same time, sipping their tea.

"Zesty." Rayne smirked at Amir.

     "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" Adonis started singing as he made his way over, little Adrian following behind him. "Happy birthday to my baby. Happy birthday to you!"

"Awww." Naomi cooed, hugging Adonis. "I'll never get tired of your beautiful voice lover." She joked, giving him dreamy eyes.

         "We have to keep this on the hush hush." Adonis kissed her forehead. "Zeke is abusive to me."

"Y'all need to help." Messiah shook his head. "So much dysfunction."

   "I'll give you my gift later." Adonis winked at her causing her to fake blush.

"What gift?" Zeke approached them causing Adonis to jump.

   "Fuck, he scared the shit outta meeee." Adonis whispered to Rayne and Remy, who both fell out laughing. "I can't tell you. It'll ruin the suspense, duh." He looked at Zeke.

"Mhmm. Can you and Pops leave my girl alone? She's mine. Y'all had many chances." Zeke said confidently.

      "Hey now!" Remy hyped him up. "Speak up Zeke!"

"Push through King." Rayne added.

        "She not even allat, bro." Amir blurted out.

Naomi gave him the middle finger. "Okay, okay. Naomi, this is my little man Adrian." Adonis looked around, wondering where he went. "Where the lil nigga go?"

       "I think I've found him." Naomi said, looking down as he hugged her leg.

Zeke kissed his teeth. "Yo, really nephew?"

     "Awwww, he's so precious." Naomi gasped, a sucker for little kids. Bending down to his level, she smiled at him and he blushed.

"Awww, someone has a crush." Remy said.

      "Aye, get up off my sister lil nigga." Messiah pulled him back. "You got a job or some?"

"Yeah, how old you is?" Amir went along with the interrogation.

       "I'm a baller!" Adrian exclaimed. "My Papa Khari and Nana got mo money than all y'all."

"Well, he has a point." Rayne shrugged. "They got 'shut the fuck up money.'"

        "Lil nigga gon be hell." Amir shook his head.

"Why is he a 'lil nigga?'" Naomi looked at them. "He's a handsome young man."

     "That's my lil nigga." Adonis shrugged, looking down at him. "Ain't that right lil nigga?"

"I agree with the pretty woman." Adrian said matter of factly.

      They all laughed at him as Adonis looked dumbfounded. The rest of the night was relaxing, no drama or anything. It was family enjoying each other, laughing, talking, smiling, singing Christmas carols. Some were tipsy, older people were drunk off egg nog and the younger crowd kept the hard drinks going.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 13K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
1.1M 57.5K 66
(COMPLETE) Temah Amoah, an aspiring journalist and article editor joins one of the biggest companies that New York has to offer. She keeps to hersel...
14.7K 1.2K 23
In a world where things may always feel so right but yet be so wrong; how can I, sing a beautiful song? Aminatu Douglas wanted her dreams to be in t...
37.8K 1K 45
Book #1 He's a hot, arrogant and a CEO with a jawline that could cut DIAMONDS!!💎 She's stunning, smart, and funny, but naive assistant. What happen...