Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

81. Your loving Mother.

28.4K 1.4K 315
By spaghetti000cheese

Elisa's P.O.V

"Elisa wake up." A finger brushed my face as a jolt of pain shot up through my back.

I opened my eyes and moved a little to feel stiff from head down. Why was I feeling so stiff?

A concerned pair of stormy grey eyes were locked with my eyes, "Alec? What happened?" Suddenly all sleep went from my eyes as I remembered past events.

"You should've woken me up, you slept in sitting position and now your back must be hurting." He said as I moved from my position.

Yes, it did hurt. But I'm accustomed to pain now.

"It's okay. You were sleeping so soundly that I couldn't bring myself to wake you up. You need rest even though you're strong." I said as I went in his outstretched arms and laid my head on his shoulder. It feels so good to have his arms wrapped around me.

He stroked my hair slowly and sighed, "John called. He said that we can... have a funeral today if we want to." He said with heavy voice.

We can never see her again after today. How could we get through this? When a person dies around us, death happens to everyone that loves him/her because a part of our soul dies with that person as well.

I pulled back and took his crestfallen face in my hands, "I'll be with you the whole time. We'll avenge her Alec. Even though it hurts us, we both know that now she is at peace with her husband. She loved him and she missed him. We need to remember that must be happy now and find strength to get with this." I said looking in his mesmerising eyes.

"I don't know what I'd do without you. I don't know what will happen to me when you leave me as well." He said as tears filled my eyes.

"Alec I'm not leaving you! I will never leave you. I vow it! I'm yours for eternity." I shouted at him.

He laughed humorlessly, "Promises are made to be broken. I vowed that I'd never let pain get to again and look, I was the one who delivered it to you. And everyone around me either dies or betray me. I'm bound to suffer for the deeds I did in the past. I know that I'm gonna lose you as well." He said with hopeless eyes.

Tears fell down from my eyes as I looked at his state. He was becoming hopeless and thinking that everyone around him will leave him alone. He's not trusting anyone.

"I don't make promises to break. I keep each and everyone of them and I'll keep this one as well. You're mine Alec and not even death cannot separate us!" I said sternly as I kissed his forehead.

He sighed as he enveloped me in his arms again to a bone crushing hug, "William will bring Olivia with him. She said that she wants to come even though we both tried to convince her to stay with Caroline. We need to go to the castle now." He said as we both pulled back.

We both went to the castle where John was waiting for us at the entrance. We  were both in the same clothes as yesterday as we didn't have any extra with us.

"Hey." John said as we went inside.

I gasped as my eyes fell on the casket that laid on the table before us. But what surprised me was that Martha looked perfect.

Her head was not... dethached from her rest of the body. She was whole without any stitch on her neck. She was dressed in her beautiful white wedding gown, her hands were kept on her stomach and her hair was tied in a perfect bun. She didn't look like she was... gone.

"How?" I asked as Alec went near her.

"I did as much as I could with my powers. That's why I told you to go home yesterday. I attached her head to her body with my powers and told the maids to make her as beautiful as she was on her wedding day. She is now at peace Elisa." He said as I began bawling my eyes out.

"You..." I couldn't continue.

"I did it for all three of you. I know what death does to us. At least now we can say goodbye to her properly. I wish I had the powers to bring her back but I don't." He said as he looked at me.

Alec turned around and stood in front of John. Without saying a word, he hugged him tightly stunning both of us.

John patted his back." I'll never forget this." Alec said pulling back.

"It's the least I could do after what I did with Elisa. I know I can't get redemption but I want to do good before being thrown into the fire for eternity." He said as he laughed humorlessly.

"There is redemption for everyone John and I'm sure you'll get it as well." I said wiping my tears.

"Everyone except me. I'm so far away from it that I'm totally excluded from that list." John said hopelessly.

"Everything is ready, why don't you all go and change while I look if anything is left out." He said and that's when I noticed him wearing a black suit and pants.

He took care of everything. He's not the same brother I knew, he is even better now.

I went up to my old room while Alec went to his. I opened the door and all the memories of this place rushed in to my mind. There were not so good memories here but bad ones were the worst.

I went into the closet to find that everything was as it was the day I left. I picked out a simple black dress. I donned it on and folded my clothes that I wore. While I was folding my jeans, I felt something in the back pocket.

I pulled it out and then I remembered it. The page that was crumpled in Martha's hand that day. What is it?

I opened the page carefully to find a written letter in beautiful cursive handwriting.

It was addressed for me and Alec. I looked down and gasped as I saw Martha's name. She wrote a letter to us?

"Alec!" I shouted. No more secrets or anything between us.

He was beside me in a second, "Martha left a letter for us." I whispered, showing him the letter.

His eyes got hard, "Read it." He said and I began reading the letter.

"My dearest Alec and Elisa,

I know by the time you find this letter, I'll be long gone. But don't mourn over my death because I'll finally get to be with my husband. I was waiting to meet him for so long.

I know that you all must be thinking and blaming yourselves for not being able to save me but please don't.

Life is cruel game, whether you wish to play it or not. The game doesn't stop and in this game you have no control on how it will stop. You just flow along with it like waves gliding along. You don't stop but just keeping moving forward.

This life will be good and beautiful and bad but not without a heartbreak. In death we do find peace but we've all been paying with the pain of living. But still we keep paying this painful price because with this pain we experience happiness and most importantly love. Love is what makes life live and filled with hope. The hope of seeing each other everyday. And now my wish will finally come true.

I know that you were angry with Alec, Elisa but I think that you should let go of the past. I know that he has made you cry and gave you sufferings like no one ever did but I also know that no one in this world will ever love you like he does.

You both are meant to be together. Your love story is gonna be epic, so don't throw this love away. Give my Alec the happiness he deserves because he has suffered enough now.

And Alec, don't you dare to hurt my daughter like that again. Keep Elisa safe. She is like my own daughter.

I know you all are gonna be sad and think that you'll never get through my death but that's not true. You'll all move forward slowly. Remember that poison leaves your body bit by bit and not all at once. You have to be patient till the time it leaves because it is healing you. You all will heal even though you may feel you won't.

Tell Olivia and Adam that I love them.

This is not a goodbye letter because I'm not good with all those farewells and all.

Let's make this easier than saying goodbye. Let me tell you hello in advance for the next time we meet again. See! So easy than all those tears and all.

My dying wish is that I want to be placed next to my beloved husband's grave. We belong with each other through life and death, so why not with graves?

And one more thing, I want my death to be avenged. My death must not be in vain Alec. Avenge me.

I love all of you. Until we meet again.

                    Your loving mother,
Martha."          

I bawled out as I clutched her letter to my heart. She knew that she was going to die. But how? Was it because she was a witch in her past and foreseen her death?

Alec came forward, wiped my tears away and shook his head, "She doesn't want us to mourn and we won't. We will all say hello with happy faces." He said in a croaky voice and I nodded my head.

We will do everything she wishes.

He took my hand and we made our way downstairs where William was standing with Olivia in his arms along with John.

As soon as Olivia saw me, she jumped from  Will's arms and wrapped her tiny hands around my waist.

"Why did she go away Ella? Where did she go? Is she with my mom and dad and my sisters?" Her questions came in rush.

I unwrapped her hands and knelt down to her eye level, "Sweetie, she is not gone anywhere. Just like magic she is here with us. If you ever want to find her then you can find her in here. Always." I said as I laid my finger on her heart to show her.

Her beautiful eyes filled up with tears but still she nodded her head. Such a brave girl, "But why did she go?" She asked me.

"Sometimes there are no answers to these questions sweetie." I said and stood up.

"Come on, we must say hello to her in advance till the time we see her again." I said.

"I'm here." I looked up to find Adam with pain filled eyes.

Olivia went running to him and he immediately picked her up in his arms.

"Let's go." Alec said. He lead us to a secluded place where the entrance was made up with vines, creepers and purple flowers.

I held Olivia as Adam, John and Alec held her casket.

Inside there was an old grave with wilted flowers,  beside that grave was a new void one.

How did they dig up a grave so immediately?

"I knew she would have wanted to be beside him so I made them make one yesterday." Alec answered my unspoken question.

They all laid down the casket in the 6 feet digged grave.

"Say hello to her honey." I said wiping the stray tears.

Olivia looked at the casket and waved her hand, "Hello Martha, I hope that I see you soon." She said in her childlike voice.

John flicked his wrist and with that the casket closed by itself as I closed my eyes tightly.

Gosh it hurts so much!

The mud which was in layers, went inside beside the casket till it got levelled with the ground.

Finally the grey gravestone was placed on the levelled ground closing her completely.

And just like that it was done.

John handed us roses as we went forward.

(A/n: Look at the pic above.)

Alec knelt down, "I love you Martha. You're my mom and I'll never forget you. And I promise I'll avenge you." He said laying the rose down.

I went forwards and could stop the tears now, "I'm so sorry Martha. I know that I'm not supposed to cry but I can't help it. I promise to give him the happiness he deserves and I'm not saying goodbye Martha, we'll all see each again. Till then I'm saying hello in advance." I said bawling my eyes out as I laid the rose on her grave.

I did not stand up. I raised my head skywards and cried silently to tone down the pain.

Finally, I stood up and went in Alec's arms. His warmth wrapped around me like a blanket as he stroked my back.

After everyone paid respects, John asked me to come with him.

"I'll be okay. I'm fine." I said to Alec, smiling through my tears.

"You're not and neither am I but we'll get through this." Alec said kissing my forehead.

"Don't hold her up for too long." He said to John.

"I won't." He said as he took my hand and lead me away.

I glanced back at Martha's grave last time.

Her name was beautifully engraved on it.

Martha Edward Stewart.

A loving wife, mother and daughter.

                           Born 1867.

Hello everyone!

This chap was so emotional and I was crying so much. She found peace with her husband.

How was it? That letter broke me up the most!

Thanks for waiting up to me and for voting my book.

I love you all soo much.

Until then hugs and see ya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...
292K 16.8K 32
My name is Abby Blair. I write erotic romance. I don't practise what I preach, though. With a string of failed relationships behind me, my books are...
14.9M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...
238K 7.8K 24
"I hate you, I hate everything about you. You're no better then the devil." Tears flowed from her eyes like a rainy day. " You believe I'm the devil...