Lessons on Love (L.O.L.) {Wat...

By DeJaMonet-Ortiz

It's crazy how this world seems to work. It's gotten so crazy that you need "permission" to love who it is yo... More

Lessons on Love (L.O.L.)
Chapter One: The slow start
Chapter Two: Sag. V.S. Aqua.
Chapter Three: Moving on
Chapter Four: Who's really here?
Chapter Five: My confessions
Chapter Six: Surrendering to my heart
Chapter Seven: Back to the familiar
Chapter Eight: Things may change, but feelings remain the same
Chapter Nine: Just like old times... maybe?
Chapter Ten: Jealousy = Death
Chapter Eleven: Life will never be the same... You're insane!!
Chapter Twelve: Hello world, my name is Jazlynn Cortez
Chapter Thirteen: Modeling for true love
Chapter Fourteen: Beware of Dog
Chapter Fifteen: Testing for life
Chapter Sixteen: So good at running away
Chapter Eighteen: Living proof
Chapter Nineteen: The routine of my life
Chapter Twenty: Winter with "Hot chocolate"
Chapter Twenty-One: Watch your back
Chapter Twenty-Two: While on break...
Chapter Twenty-Three: I want it all back
Chapter Twenty-Four: Up for the challenge
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen: You're my life support

988 6 2
By DeJaMonet-Ortiz

My stomach was growing so fast. Things seemed much better at home since I took that little vacation, but I haven’t had the chance to really talk to Darion. I decided to give him a call to see if he wanted to go to the doctor with me. Darion quickly said yes and soon after, he came to pick me up. Once I got in the car I gave Darion a hug but that was it. Darion definitely looked like himself again. In fact he looked much better than before. I was definitely attracted to the new and improved Darion. Once we were in the room waiting for the doctor there was an awkward silence. Finally my doctor came into the room. I grabbed Darion’s hand as the doctor did an ultrasound. 

“There’s your baby.” 

Darion and I looked at the screen and just stared at our baby. 

“Would you like to know the sex of the baby?” She asked. 

Darion looked to see what I would say. 

“No. I want it to be a surprise.”

“What about your boyfriend?” She asked. 

“We’re married.” I said. 

I looked at Darion as he just stared at me with a confused look on his face. 

“Oh I’m sorry. What about your husband?” She corrected. 

“I’m fine with my wife’s decision.” Darion answered. 

“Okay. Jazlynn you’re all set then. You and the baby are in good shape.” 

Once the doctor left the room I let go of Darion’s hand. 

“I didn’t know we were back together let alone married.” He said. 

“We’re not.” 

“So what was that all about?” 

“I just didn’t want to look like all those other young couples that were either together but not married, or the type that wasn’t even together and is having a baby together.” I answered.

“So you’re back on that huh?” 

“Back on what?” I asked. 

“Back on caring about what others think.” 

Then Darion noticed that I was wearing the old promise ring that he given me. 

“What’s that on your finger?” 

I hid my hand. 

“Nothing.” I answered. 

Darion walked over to me as I stood by the door. 

“You’re wearing the old promise ring I gave you.” He said. 

“Yeah I am.” 

“That means you still believe in me.” 

“I don’t know what it means.” I replied. 

“Do you still love me?” 

I looked away. 

“Yes.” 

Darion was relieved to hear that. 

“Then let’s try to make us work again.”

“I’m scared.” I confessed. 

“Don’t be. I messed up one time and I will never do it again.” 

Darion and I began kissing. 

“I love you Jazlynn.” 

“I love you too.” 

We began kissing again. 

Soon after, I stopped once I felt my baby kicking. 

I smiled. 

“It’s kicking.” 

Darion put his hand on my stomach. 

He began smiling too once he felt it. 

“I think it’s happy that we’re back together.” I said. 

Darion began talking to the baby. 

“Hey SON, this is your daddy. I promise I’m gonna always be here for you and your mommy.”

“You really think it’s going to be a boy huh?” I said as I rolled my eyes.

The next morning I was woke up by my father. It still looked dark outside so I turned over to see what time it was. I began to yell once I realized that it was only 4 a.m. 

“Why are you waking me up so early?” 

“I think its best that you get used to getting up at around this time, because as soon as the baby comes you’ll be getting out of bed at around this time to feed the baby, or change the baby, and stuff like that.” 

“Are you serious?! I’m only 5 months pregnant! Are you trying to cause me stress! I already know what to expect when this baby comes.” 

“I just want to better prepare you for what’s about to happen, and the sooner the better.”

“Daddy I need my rest! Please just let me sleep!” 

“Now see, you can’t say that when the baby comes. You won’t have a choice but to get up and take care of it.” 

“Daddy I know all of this stuff already! I’ve been taking child care classes since I was in the 8th grade.” 

My mom came in the room after hearing me yelling. 

“What’s going on in here?” She asked with a tired voice. 

“Your husband just woke me up telling me I should start getting up at this time so I can get used to it when the baby comes.” 

“What? Sweetie Jazlynn needs her rest during the pregnancy. She shouldn’t be getting up at this time unless she just can’t sleep.” My mother said to my dad.

“Well I was sleeping perfectly.” I said. 

Eventually my dad let me and everyone else in the house go back to sleep.

Later that morning my brother and I were sitting at the table eating breakfast.“Your father has serious issues.” I said. 

“Who are you telling? What happened this morning?” He asked. 

“He woke me up at 4 a.m. this morning trying to prepare me for when the baby gets here.” 

“What the hell was he doing up that early?” Andrew asked becoming irritated. 

“I don’t know, but I have a feeling he’s gonna try that again. That’s why I’m hanging out with my love this weekend.” I said. 

“When am I gonna meet this kid that did my little sister wrong?” Andrew asked. 

“Darion’s a great guy who made a bad decision that’s all.” I assured. 

“Well I still don’t like him for what he did to you.” 

“Well once the baby is born you better get used to seeing him around a lot.” I replied. 

“I just think you would have been better off with my boy Malcolm.” 

“At least get to know Darion before you decide that.” I said. 

“Fine, but that’s only because I love you and I want to keep you happy.” 

“Thank you big brother.” I said as I hugged Andrew.

Later that day I packed up a few of my belongings and headed to the beach house with Darion for the weekend. Once I walked in, it sounded like Darion was talking to someone. 

“Darion, I’m here!” I said. 

Once Darion heard my voice he came out of the room and greeted me with a hug and a kiss. 

“Is someone here?” I asked. 

“No. What made you ask that?” 

“It sounded like I heard you talking to someone.” I answered. 

Darion began to get nervous. 

“Oh I was just talking on the phone.” He replied. 

“Oh.” 

Darion began rubbing my belly. 

“How’s our baby?” 

“SHE’S fine, just moving around as usual.” I teased. 

Darion rolled his eyes. 

“You want to go for a walk down the beach? Soon the sun will be setting and I know how romantic you think sunsets are.” He said. 

I began to get a little suspicious about how Darion was all of a sudden trying to get me out of the house. I agreed to go for a walk with Darion trying to forget about everything. 

We walked hand and hand down the beach as I talked about the crazy day I had. Darion was listening, but he was also staring out at the water just waiting for the sun to set and have that pretty mixture of colors that I loved to look at. We made it back near the house where that tall tree with the swing was. I decided to sit on the swing and Darion began to softly push me. As I was swinging I saw the craved in initials of Darion my name. 

“This beach played a major role in our relationship. It seems like everything happened here.” I said.

“Our first kiss was here, we officially became a couple here, we broke up here, and we made love for the first time here.” I continued. 

Darion realized that the sun was finally setting and showing those pretty colors that I liked. 

Darion stopped the swing. 

“And now I want to propose to you here.” He said. 

“What?” I quickly replied. 

Darion didn’t say a word; he just walked in front of me and got down on one knee. I quickly covered my mouth with my hands. 

“Oh my God!” I said. 

“Jazlynn will you marry me?” 

Tears began to fall down my face. 

“What you heard when you walked in was me practicing on how I would propose to you. I wasn’t really talking on the phone.” He confessed. 

“You did a wonderful job. I just need to know one thing before I answer.” I managed to say with a shaky voice.

“What?” He asked.

“Are you proposing to me because I’m pregnant and that’s what our parents want us to do, or do you really want to spend the rest of your life with me?” 

Darion smiled. 

“That’s easy; because of the stupid decision I made I had to live life without you for awhile and I didn’t like the way that felt. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep, and I could hardly breathe without you, but when I’m with you everything just feels so right. I know that sounds like all of the love songs that are out right now. I thought it was just a load of crap, but I now know the feeling. Now that I know what life is like without you I know for a fact that I can’t live without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you because I know that that’s the only way that I’ll be able to live.” 

Tears really began rolling down my face as I managed to say yes. Darion put the ring on my finger after taking off the promise ring and as the sun continued to set we hugged and kissed each other.

After spending a romantic weekend with my fiancée, we decided to tell our parents the great news. Both of our parents seemed satisfied with our decision, but Andrew didn’t like the idea of me getting married to a guy who cheated. Andrew and I had a talk and I decided to invite Darion over to meet my brother. 

That day Andrew decided to do a little target shooting with our dad in the backyard while our mom was giving London a bath. Someone was knocking on the front door and I knew it was Darion. Once I opened the door and saw Darion I greeted him with a kiss. After that I lead him to the backyard where my brother and father were. I introduced Darion to my brother. I could tell by the look on his face that he still didn’t like him. Darion and I just sat down on the patio talking while my brother and father were shooting.

“He still doesn’t approve of me, does he?” Darion asked quickly picking up the negative vibe. 

“Just give him time. I’m sure he’ll get over it. Andrew can be really stubborn, but he needs to get it in his head that I’m in love you and we’re going to be a happy family.” Just as Darion and I were about to kiss my father interrupted. 

“Jazlynn could you be the sweet angel you are and get me a cup of lemonade?”  

“Me too!” Andrew added. 

“Sure. Be right back.” I replied.

“I’ll come with you.” Darion said. 

“She’ll be fine. You just sit back and relax.” My dad replied. 

Darion did as he was told, but he knew something was up by looking at the smirk on my father’s face. I went in the house alone to grab the drinks while ‘Detective Anderson’ and Andrew stood in front of Darion with guns in their hands trying to intimidate him. 

“So Darion, I’ve heard a lot about you.” Andrew said. 

“Really?” 

“Yeah.” He replied. 

Andrew sat next to him. 

“Jazlynn told me everything. You should know that I love my sister to death and if anyone hurts her I will kill them.” 

“Agreed.” My dad joined. 

“Look, I know where this is going and I just want you to know that their won’t be anymore stupid mistakes or hurting Jazlynn ever again.” Darion said. 

I was listening to everything and I loved how cool and relaxed Darion was.

“Good, now that’s what I want to here, but how can I trust you?” Andrew replied. 

Darion looked over at my dad. 

“Besides kissing my ex girlfriend have I ever done anything else wrong? Haven’t I always been there for Jazlynn and protected her? From the time she was drugged and almost raped by Charles till the time I was almost killed because I love her. What else can I do to prove that I will do anything for her? I love Jazlynn and I’m ready to spend the rest of my life with her and our child.” 

Andrew looked at our dad to see what he had to say. I was in the kitchen crying my eyes out. Everything that Darion said was so beautiful; not to mention being pregnant made me extra sensitive.

“Yeah you have been there for her and you haven’t made any other mistakes, but we just want to make sure nothing like that happens again.” My dad said. 

“And you have my word that it won’t.” Darion replied. 

“I’m gonna give you another chance since you are about to be my son-in-law, but if you break my daughter’s heart again prepare to die.” My father warned. 

Darion shook his head. 

Andrew just stared at Darion and then he noticed me spying on them. He watched as I wiped away my tears. I believe that was the moment he realized that the love Darion and I had for each other was genuine. And if he still didn’t approve of Darion by now I would have a huge fit. 

Andrew stood up and so did Darion. 

“Alright man I guess if they could give you another chance, I should be a man and give you a chance too.” Andrew said. 

Andrew gave Darion a handshake then our dad came in for a group hug. 

All was finally going good again. And I couldn’t help but to cry again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 139 44
What the fuck do you want?"I asked. "Get dressed we're going out"he says. "Hell nah, I ain't going no where"I say going back to my room. All I want t...
165K 5.4K 41
[Dec. 10, 2019 #1 in JBFF] The bad boys always want the good girl to be bad for them but what happends when the bad girl wants the good boy to be bad...
208K 7.6K 34
Chimmie used to be your typical teenage girl. The shy one that sits at the back of the classroom and never raises her hand. The teachers pet. The ner...