Risking the Long Game ✅

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

Maya Hunter: Maya's life was perfect. She had a family that loved her, a boyfriend who adored her (at least... More

1. Best Year or Worst Year
2. Run-Ins and Lies
3. Ditching and Deals
4. Angry or Sympathetic
5. Parties and Secrets
6. Tutoring and Mistakes
7. Confessions and Riley
8. Sneaking and Escapes
9. Good or Bad Idea
10. Trees and Bad Influences
11. Sick Days and Fights
12. Dating and Riley
13. Past and Present
14. Punches and Conversations
15. Beginning or End
16. Talks and First Dates
17. Fishbowl or High School
18. Secrets and Distractions
19. Love and Trust
20. Stay or Go
21. Fighting and Making Up
22. Did You Hear That or Not?
23. Pictures and Tears
24. Better or Worse
25. Rumors and Parties
26. Set-Ups and Make-Ups
27. Texting and Parentals
28. Chinese Take-Out and Hanging Out
29. Chalkboards and Phone Calls
30. Turkey and E-Mails
31. Busted and Forgiveness
32. Next Step or Too Far?
33. Confusion and Trust
34. Dream or Nightmare
35. Twists and Turns
36. Teasing and Pleasing
37. Cookies and Movies
38. Letters and Promises
39. Bad News and Boyfriend Goals
40. Baby Blues and Baby Boys
41. Coffee Dates and Chicken Nuggets
42. Study Breaks and Appointments
43. Have or Haven't
45. Celebration and Secrets
46. Shopping and Surprises
47. Nervous or Excited
48. Leaving and Reunions
49. Promposals and Pizza
50. Basic or Unique
51. Prom Prep and Anxiety
52. Dances and Hotel Rooms
53. Answer or Ignore
54. Caps and Gowns
Epilogue

44. Lovers or Fighters

2.1K 61 5
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

Josh's POV

"Whatcha doin'?" Topanga asks as she leans against the doorway of my bedroom. It was nearing towards the end of January and I was planning something big for my birthday, something I planned to surprise my girlfriend with.

"Planning" I smile as I spin around to face her. "What's up Pangers?" I ask curiously.

"I wanted to discuss next year with you" she says as she walks in, closing the door behind her. "Your plans."

"My plans?" I question as I focus on my sister in law. "Is this the part where you finally confess I've been nothing but an inconvenience and you can't wait for me to leave?"

"How did you guess?" she asks playfully making me chuckle. "Listen Josh that is the last thing I was going to tell you. I know your parents left you some money for college but I just think it would be silly to spend it for the sake of spending it when you have a perfectly nice place to live right here."

"You want me to stay?"

"Cory and I are here. You've been repairing your relationship with Riley and I know you like having Maya just down the street."

"Do I?" I ask with a soft laugh. "That obvious?"

"Extremely" she teases making a smile pull at my lips. "I understand if you want to leave and live in the dorms, it's a new freedom and if you wish to embrace it then I want nothing more than for you to do it but if you want to stay you can" she assures me.

"Thank you Pangers" I reply happily. "Can I think about it?"

"As long as you need" she says sweetly as she stands up. "By the way your girlfriend is down the hall" she adds as she walks out of my room. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion before making my way down the hallway to my niece's room. I push open the door and find my girlfriend lying on her back, her head at the foot of the bed while reading a magazine positioned above her head while my niece relaxes against the bay window.

"I don't get Cosmo" Maya says confusedly. "Do girls seriously read this garbage?"

"Um yea" Riley laughs. "It's helpful."

"In what way?" she asks confused. "The pros and cons of losing your virginity on prom night?" she reads. "Riles this is ridiculous."

"I totally agree. And it's also really cliché" I add in. Maya closes the magazine and quickly sits up, locking her blue eyes that are frozen in embarrassment.

"Hey" she blushes.

"You sneak in and don't even say hello" I smirk, leaning against the door.

"I didn't sneak in. I used the front door" she replies sassily making me chuckle.

"Good for you" I commend her. "Well, I will leave you to your reading" I add as I move to leave the room.

"Wait" Maya says, hopping off the bed. She looks to Riley for permission.

"Go" Riley rolls her eyes playfully.

"Thank you" Maya exclaims as she kisses Riley's cheek and follows me to my bedroom.

~ 📚 ~

Maya's POV

I follow Josh to his room and wander inside while he shuts the door behind us. "You staying for dinner?" he asks as I plop down onto his bed.

"Was planning on it" I smile as I look up at him. "Unless you'd like me to leave."

"Absolutely not" he replies as he climbs onto the bed beside me. "How are you today?" he asks, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers.

"I'm good" I smile as I play with our fingers. "I'm sorry I went to hang out with Riley instead of you" I apologize.

"Maya you never have to apologize for hanging out with Riley instead of me. She's your best friend. I'm only teasing when I mess with you."

"Mkay" I reply making him chuckle as he kisses my cheek. "I missed you" I admit as he continues to trail kisses along my jaw.

"I missed you too" he whispers as he kisses the corner of my mouth. Since my birthday I was practically locked in my room studying. There wasn't much time for me and Josh to really hang out in a coupley kind of way. That was one of the reasons I was most looking forward to Valentine's Day. I turn my head slightly so our lips lock. My hand slides into his hair, pulling him closer while his own hand falls to my waist. He pulls me on top of him and slides his hands underneath my shirt. I moan as his hand slips under my bra, my hand tugging his hair harshly eliciting a moan from the back of his throat. He bunches up the material of my shirt and we pull apart enough for him to pull it over my head. He stares at me as his hands reach out to trace the now nonexistent bruises from the crash.

"I'm okay" I whisper, cupping his face in my hands making his gaze lift to lock with mine.

"I know" he smiles as he leans forward to kiss me passionately. I let my hands drop from his face to his shoulders, pulling him closer to me while my tongue slips into his mouth. My body begins to grind on his as my hands slide down his chest and to the hem of his shirt. I pull back and yank the fabric from his body, allowing my fingertips to trace the prominent lines of his muscles. I trace his v lines slowly causing him to suck in a breath as his head rolls back against his headboard. I smirk victoriously before closing my lips back over his. I grind my hips slowly against the prominent bulge that was forming under his tight jeans. "Jesus Maya" he mumbles against my lips. I reach behind my back and unclasp my bra, letting the strapless material fall to the bed. He groans as he pulls me closer so my breasts are pressed against his chest before he finally flips us over, taking dominance from me. He stares down at me and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "We should stop" he breathes heavily.

My entire being deflates.

"What?"

"This isn't special. Your first time should be special. Not some random afternoon in my bedroom" he shakes his head.

"Joshua" I groan in frustration. "I give up."

"Why?"

"Because" I laugh in disbelief. "You don't get it."

"Don't get what?" he asks confused.

"You are what makes it special you dumbass" I laugh as I stare up at him. "I don't need a special moment with the perfect playlist and roses and candles" I list. "I need you and hmm look at that, here you are."

"I just want you to have everything you deserve" he says softly.

"Joshua. Gabriel. Matthews" I smile as I grab his belt, pulling his body down to mine. "Please for the love of everything, make love to me" I beg.

"But-."

"Josh just say no" I say simply as I push him off of me. "Just like you always do."

"Maya."

"I'll be in Riley's room" I pull my shirt back over my head and storm out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

"Fuck" I mutter as I stare at the door I just let my girlfriend walk out of. I'm such an idiot. I jump off my bed and pull open my door. Maya is standing on the other side with her hands over her chest.

"Yes?" I grab her and pull her inside, closing the door before pushing her against it.

"I'm scared" I admit. "I've only done this one other time and it wasn't the best experience" I sigh. "I know it's gonna hurt you and I am scared out of my fucking mind of Cory and Shawn murdering me" I tell her making her giggle. "It's not funny."

"It's a little funny" she smiles as she locks her arms around my neck. "Josh I trust you."

"Bad idea" I mutter as I avert my gaze to the ground. She lifts my gaze and smiles at me.

"No it's not" she argues. "I know you're nervous. You've made it quite clear but you have to trust me when I tell you I'm ready."

"I wanted it to be special."

"Josh as long as it's with you I really don't give a shit" she admits. I gnaw my bottom lip as I stare down at her.

"Okay" I give. "But" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "Just not tonight okay? I don't want our first time to be after an argument and with my family within earshot."

She seemingly thinks it over and slowly nods her head. "Fine" she gives, "but only if you promise that next time it almost happens you don't do something stupid to stop everything" she adds making me chuckle.

"Deal" I smile as I gaze down at her. "I know I'm pissing you off but I just want everything to be perfect. You don't deserve to have a shitty first time" I explain as her face softens.

"You're sweet" she smiles. "It's one of the many reasons I love you."

"I love you too" I reply as I lean down to kiss her but the second my lips hit hers Topanga's voice filters into the room.

"Dinner" she shouts making the two of us pull apart.

"Come on" I tug her hand and pull her out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. She sits beside me and I take her hand in mine. She begins talking animatedly to Riley while I gaze at her, planning the perfect moment in my head. She might insist she didn't need it to be special but I wouldn't settle for anything less and I knew just how to do it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 4.6K 64
Cover by @queen_Dez08 She is famous, He is the body guard that was hired to protect her. She was somebody who wanted out of all the fame and the glor...
62.6K 1.2K 8
Maya and Josh are a couple you'd never think would happen. Maya Hart; Free spirited, rebellious, smart, creative, goofy, troublesome. Broken. Maya...
771K 14K 196
This is just a bunch of one shots about Josh and Maya from girl meets world. I hope you enjoy them!
84.5K 1.9K 38
🚔 The ride along that will change the game forever 🚔 Maya Hunter is counting down the days until graduation with university right in the rearview b...