The Runaway

By toxicwonders

After a while of waiting, Violet finally decided to leave. She left everything behind including friends, fami... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 - Finale

Chapter 34

5 2 0
By toxicwonders

"Impossible." Em stepped back in shock of it. "It can't be." It was a sight all too familiar to them. Violet reacted to the blood with fangs at each corner of her lips and relief across her face.

There was a look of hurt on Colton as he kept his gaze on the girl he tried to protect. What he was seeing couldn't be real. Why her? How did it happen? He let go of the empty bag and moved closer to her when she started to return to her senses.

Violet blinked her eyes to see everyone's concerned expressions. "What was that?" Her voice came out croaky. Without an answer, they just continued staring. Her eyes met Colton's and then dropped to the floor at the clear blood bag. She widened her eyes at it. Shaking, she brushed a finger to her lips. Blood. The color drained from her face as realization settled in. She shook her head in disbelief. "No, it can't be." But she gulped, knowing it was true. The way her body felt satisfied in a way she had never experienced before and the look on everyone's faces confirmed it. "Who did this to me?" she whispered, feeling a lump in her throat. "Was it you?"

"No," Colton said softly.

"Then who did?"

"I don't know."

"Call Phoebe," she demanded. She needed answers. Was it a prank? Were they messing with her? Maybe it was Phoebe...

He glanced at the others and ordered them to call Phoebe immediately. He gritted his teeth, trying to contain the rage bubbling from within. It had to be Phoebe. Aiden handed Colton his phone which was now on speaker. Everybody stayed silent during the first three rings before someone answered.

"Hello?"

Angrily, Colton spit out his question. "Was it you?"

"What's the problem?" Phoebe asked, ignoring his tone.

He continued, "You turned her didn't you?"

"Who?"

"Don't act stupid. Out of all of us, Violet's the only one you didn't ruin yet. It makes perfect sense that you'd do it eventually." He scoffed. "Was it yesterday? Yeah, it probably was. You psychotic bitch."

There was a pause before laughter emerged from the phone. "You think I did something to her? Accusing me like this..." A snicker. "What did I supposedly do?"

"Violet's a vampire," Em said. "You turned her."

The word echoed through Violet's ears on repeat. Vampire. She remained on the floor not knowing how to react.

"I didn't turn her." Phoebe's voice was serious now.

"Who else would've done this?" Colton cut in. His face was growing red while he tried taking deep breaths. The anger was rising but he was fighting it.

"Have you checked her blood? Maybe The Silvers finally figured out the solution and injected it in her while she was captured," she suggested. "You never know."

They all exchanged a look of panic. If The Silvers were behind it, they were in big trouble. Violet shot her eyes at Colton and whispered, "Cut my finger."

He was uncertain if he should do it at first but after realizing it was just going to be a little cut, he pulled out a dagger from the hunting bag. Everybody paused and waited to see the answer to the question they were dying to know. As gently as he could, Colton pierced the tip of the dagger into her index finger. A single droplet of blood oozed out in the color of dark red. Violet didn't know if she should feel relief or not. No matter the color of her blood, she had still turned.

"She still has regular blood," Colton spoke into the phone. "It has to be a spell." He placed the weapon down. "A spell only you would know."

Phoebe replied harshly, "My spell only works on the spot and I was nowhere near her when she turned. It wasn't me."

"Nobody was in the room except for Riley but she ran off to get help, so how is this possible?" Violet said. "Is it because I've been surrounded by vampires for too long?"

"It doesn't work that way. The only way you can turn is by a spell or injection," Phoebe answered.

"Then who the hell did it? What other witch could we possibly know?" Colton yelled.

She replied, "Look, I really don't know but it's done with and she's going to have to deal with it. At least now we have a replacement for Ace."

"She's not-" Colton started before the call ended. With immense strength, he hurled the phone to the floor and they heard a small crack.

"Colton..."

He glared at whoever said it but softened his eyes when it was Violet. "Are you okay?" he asked her.

She nodded. "I think I'm going to take a walk."

"Do you need me to...?"

She shook her head and said, "It's fine. I just need to be alone," while walking slowly out the door.

The whole time she was in the room, she was bottling up her feelings. She was containing herself but now she could feel it resurface, hitting her all at once. Violet sat on a bench outside the hotel. Nobody was outside and it was chilly but it didn't bother her. Was it really true? Was she actually one of them? She knew the answer but at the same time she didn't. It was impossible. Then again, she had learned that anything was possible. So then how? 

"I never wanted this, she muttered to herself. As the revelation sank in, she bursted into tears. "I don't want to be a killer."

"Tell me about it," someone said.

She sighed and wiped her eyes. "Go away Aiden."

"I told you to go away last time but you wouldn't leave," he said. "Now we can be even."
He sat down beside her and by habit, he rummaged through his pockets but then stopped. "I keep forgetting I'm out of cigarettes." Glancing at her, he saw that she was still crying. "Whoever it was, we'll find them."

Violet shook her head and said, "What's the point? It's not going to change me back."

"I'm sure Phoebe can do it," he stated. "She'll turn us all back."

"And what makes you so sure? Phoebe doesn't give a damn about you guys! I see the way she kicks you around." Violet didn't understand how they could trust that woman. She could be lying for all they knew.

He looked away in discomfort like there was truth in her words. "We aren't sure but all we can do is hope." There was a crack in his voice as he said this.

She was looking at her finger which was currently still bleeding when a thought crossed her mind. "If I'm really a vampire, isn't my finger supposed to be healed by now?"

Aiden glanced at it with a furrowed brow. "Uh yeah..."

"Does this mean I'm still normal?" she asked, her face lighting up.

"No..." With a confused tone he said, "I saw the whole process. It was real."

For a second it was silent until she laughed. "This is crazy. You guys are playing a joke on me. What was in the bag? Fruit punch?"

"We wouldn't do that to you," he replied slowly.

She frowned. "I don't know who to believe anymore."

Gravely, he repeated, "We didn't do it."

Her eyes darkened  and every trace of hope shattered. "Why are you here then?" she asked him. Her sharp eyes cut into his. "To laugh at me? Why would this all happen on my birthday? It can't be a coincidence."

"Violet, we saw it with our own eyes. Why would we hurt you?"

Was he kidding? "You have plenty of reasons to. You guys pick on me because I'm the weakest one. I'm not like you." They never liked her so why would they suddenly treat her with respect? Was it all a facade?

He opened his mouth to argue but shut it. He couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. Did she really think of them that way? "I just came to check up on you and-" he attempted to speak.

She interrupted him. "Why even bother? Because last time I checked, we're not friends. We never were." She stood up and faced him. "You're different and I can't believe I fooled myself for a second. I'm not like you, I'm not some fucking creature."

"Violet..."

"Just leave me alone," she said and walked away.
He stayed silent as he watched her leave. 

The tears returned while the cold air embraced her. She was making excuses for the deep hunger she still felt inside. Fortunately, she endured it but the emotions were piling up. She didn't mean to be spiteful but the words slipped out in pure frustration. Violet just couldn't accept the truth, but there was no denying it would remain there, waiting until she came to terms with it.

It was two in the morning when she returned from her walk around the hotel. Thinking it over, she knew Colton wouldn't betray her like that. Seeing the way he despised his current form, he would never allow anymore vampires to be made, let alone joke about it. It was still hard to process everything and there were many unknowns. Ignoring all the questions, Violet tiptoed into the room hoping nobody would wake up. She knew she could've left and escaped earlier, but they were all she had left. Whatever she was now, it would be a struggle dealing with alone.

"I'm sorry," she whispered to Aiden who was asleep on the floor. "I didn't mean any of that."

As she was brushing past him he grabbed her ankle, causing her to jump. He was still awake. "It's okay," he answered. "Just glad you're safe."

Even though she didn't feel that way, she managed to slip under the sheets and drift off anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69 1 1
Death. Destruction. Heartache. That is what Violet's life has become, a never ending vortex of pain. People she loves move in and out of her life, an...
55K 1.8K 35
DISCONTINUED Something happened but what you may ask your feelings were taken away emotionally and physically so you can't feel anything mentally Yo...
69 19 17
If there was one thing Cher could wish for , she would want those nightmares to stop . she didn't want to feel this pain anymore and guilt . read to...
167K 3.5K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...