Record Breakers

By Rockerpeep

So, when you're young and a noob at living life, you're curious. Right? Well, three kids entering their fresh... More

Chapter 1: Start From the Beginning
Chapter 2: "Family" Meetings with Cheese
Chapter 3: Day Two Fight Anyone?
Chapter 4: Half of a Homecoming
Chapter 6: Discussions on Decisions
Chapter 7: The Eve
Chapter 8: P
Chapter 9: A
Chapter 10: R
Chapter 11: T
Chapter 12: Y
Chapter 13: Punching Trees
Chapter 14: It's Like a Love Hate Relationship
Chapter 15: Lessons Come In Handy
Chapter 16: In Hell No One Can Hear You
Chapter 17: Yes We're Done.
Chapter 18: No Regrets
Chapter 19: Epilougue

Chapter 5: Text Messages Suck

17 4 0
By Rockerpeep

"So were your parents upset?"

"Pft, of course not. They told me that they'd rather have me stand up for someone rather than beat up someone for no good reason."

Tyler was finally home. Where he belonged.

Today's Saturday and he just got picked up from the hospital by his parents.

I went with them because I had all my work done. Unlike Brooke who had 3 days worth of first week forms and review work.

We were riding back to pick up Brooke when his mom asked me a question.

"So how have you been, Jade?"

"Oh um, fine."

"Is school fun?"

"Sure, I guess," I laughed a little. She giggled at my reply and turned to face the front again. She was always giggly and in a good mood.

However, his dad was a totally different story.

"How are your parents?"

There was maybe a 10 second pause and things got a bit awkward. I zoned out and felt my face get hot. Tyler put his hand on my back, letting me know I didn't have to say if I didn't want to.

"Honey, please," Tyler's mom pleaded.

"Are they still-"

"Yes sir. They are." His mom put her hand to her forehead and sighed. His dad nodded. Tyler put his elbows on his knees and stared at the ground.

Another pause. Except this one lasted 10 minutes till we arrived at Brooke's house.

"Hey shawty, how ya doin," Tyler said slyly with a smirk on his face and shades halfway down. I grinned at his humor and Brooke smirked back.

"Oh shut up Casanova and scoot over."

The 3 of us caught up on how we were and what hospitals are like. I'd say about half the time we were just plain out laughing. At one point, I thought I was gonna pass out from not being able to breathe.

After our probably obnoxious conversation, Tyler's parents took us to eat at a REALLY fancy restaurant. I could tell one meal cost more than $20 when I saw people leaving checks and fighting over who's gonna pay the bill.

But let's just say, Ty's got money.

We ate an amazing Italian dish, spaghetti, and topped it off with a small ice cream. Every single person at the table was full to the max, signaling it was time to go home.

The ride home was completely different from the ride there. Brooke was half asleep, and Tyler was well, totally asleep. Even his mother was dozing off. Me and Tyler's dad were the only ones who were still wide awake.

"Thank you for taking us out Mr. Minston."

"Well of course Jade. My pleasure. You've been a very close family friend of ours since day one."

I looked down, remembering all the times they've actually been there for me.

"Thank you." He looked at me through the mirror attached to the ceiling, and said, "You're welcome."

#####

"Feels good to roam the halls of my high school," Brooke announced, quite loudly. Tyler ran up to her and held up his arms, as if showing off a masterpiece.

I nodded and kept my pace. But I sorta felt the same way. It did feel a lot better having them here.

And not only that, but the school itself just felt better. It seemed no one was fighting, no one was name calling, or any of that.

And it went on like that the WHOLE DAY.

Lemme just be the first to say,

HALLELUJAH!

The bus was actually peaceful for once. We were able to find a seat and not get twerked on. (If you're wondering why that would happen, ask someone who's ridden the bus for 10 years, and you'll know what I mean.)

Finally, we were in Brooke's driveway, sitting down like we were in paradise.

A cold, concrete paradise.

"Today was like, the best day of school I've ever had since like, kinder."

"Psh, no kiddin'. It was quiet. Like, actually quiet! I had no idea that place could be so silent."

"I know right! Brooke, everywhere we went, complete silence!"

"You said it Ty," and she sipped leftovers from her soda bottle.

But that's when it clicked.

It was quiet....too quiet.

"It's never like that," I said shakily, not exactly looking straight at the both of them.

"We know that. But today was the first! I wouldn't mind if it was like this the whole d*mn year!"

"Brooke, be serious. It's a freaking high school. And there was barely any talking around us. Why do you think that is?"

After I finished saying that, it clicked in her mind too. Her smile dropped, eyes widened, and her face flushed.

Tyler still didn't understand it though.

"What is it?"

Brooke mouthed to me, "How?" I held up my phone and opened the iMessages app, pointing to it. She shook her head, as if to say, "I should've known," and hit the concrete with her fist. Tyler twitched at the little thud it made and stared at me.

"Jade what's wrong."

"The school wasn't just quiet cause it felt like it. It's because of us."

The same reaction Brooke had, Tyler had. Except he looked more worried than upset. Also confused.

"How?! I mean, we were DEFENDING ourselves! It doesn't even make sense! Plus you can't prove that!"

"PUT 1 AND 2 TOGETHER TYLER," Brooke silently screamed.

"EVERYWHERE WE WENT, it was QUIET! They didn't just FEEL like being quiet like little woodland animals! They were quiet cause we were OUTSIDERS! That guy, I bet my freaking life on it, was the 'popular' guy of the school," she said, making little quotation marks with her fingers.

"We like, beat up their king. It's sort of like social banishment. Just watch, today was the shunning, tomorrow is gonna be the the name-calling, and it's gonna go on and on. Maybe the whole YEAR!"Her face was red and stressed. She fell back flat on the ground and sighed. Tyler still looked hysterical.

"But I don't get it! How did the WHOLE SCHOOL find out about it?"

I explained that since it was a pretty serious thing that teachers didn't want to spread by word, they texted it. And that that's how it got to the whole school.

We three were now known for beating up a pretty boy.

"He beat US up!"

"Look, I know man. Thing is, we're noobs. We're freshman, they don't know us or like us."

"This sucks!" He leaned back and stared at the cloudless sky, as if asking for help. Brooke, now calm, told us we need to hold our heads up high tomorrow. Technically, if what I said is true, we gotta get ready for getting pushed around and all that good stuff.

But I knew I was right.

It sucked that I was, but I was.

#####

"LOSER! Gonna go beat up the Home Ed. Teacher too?!"

Under her breath, Brooke whispered in a raspy tone, "It's called Family Consumer science, teen mom."

It was pretty hard to "keep your head up" when people are spitting in your face. I thought today's forecast was sunny, not slimy with a chance of ew.

Nonetheless, I still took it head on. Brooke walked in front, which is pretty brave, while Tyler was not with us, but walking on his own.

He texted me and Brooke in the morning when we asked him why he wasn't at the bus stop. He said that he didn't want to take the bus, and he'd rather have his mom take him to and from school for a while.

When I saw the text, I smacked Brooke on the backside, upset because she probably scared the f-ing cr*p outta him.

Poor kid.

Then of course, he doesn't want to be seen with us. Even though he's the one who did most of the fighting.

But Brooke and I let him do what he wanted, so he could feel more comfortable.

Unlike us.

The whole day was a pile of spit wads (which are back in style apparently), pushes, backside slaps, and an occasional trip. I always fell for the trip because I simply couldn't see the ground. Brooke would get hit on the head the most because she couldn't see where it was coming from.

We finally got a break at lunch, where we sat by ourselves.

"So, how are you so far," Brooke asked tiredly.

"Not amazing, but ok. You?"

"Annoyed. I know I said this would happen, but why does it have to happen? Can't they just move on and realize their 'god' is a freaking dingus who can't fight?" She ate a mouthful of food, mercilessly.

I nodded in agreement and let her continue.

"Seniors are stupid. Old people are stupid. Wait no, I take that back because I love elderly people. Um, oh got it! STUPID people are stupid." She leaned back in her chair in satisfaction until the chair literally just snapped like a twig, sending her to the ground back first.

I stood up and gave her a worried look. A little painful groan came up from her and she sat up trying to hold her back straight. I patted her, careful not to hurt her anymore than she already was.

"This sucks Jade."

"Yeah, it does."

"It's barely the second week of school and we're already at the bottom! I wish there was a way we could get rid of this. Like, get a new rep, start over."

At that very moment, I got an airdrop from a random stranger. It said:

XxxTHE ANNUAL CRAZY SATURDAY NIGHT 2014xxX

ATTENTION ALL FRESHMAN

AND OTHER STUDENTS!!!

Think you got what it takes to have the ULTIMATE Saturday night!? Go to the Hime Skate Park @ 4:00 pm OCTOBER 1st!!!! Prove how crazy awesome you are!!!!

Ding, idea.

"I think I might know how."

#####

Sup guys! Yeah, it was kinda hard to write this chapter (I have strep throat) and I know it's kinda boring and long. But thanks for still reading! It means A LOT to me!!!! I'll try to make the next chapter exciting. ;) keep bein awesome!

Follow me, comment, and yeah!

XD. Thanks y'all rock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

fines By - hme♡

Mystery / Thriller

484 84 15
The story started out normal...just a few teenage kids in highschool, living life free-spirited and to the fullest. Parties on the occasion, couples...
122 0 16
My public diary, freshman to senior year. Only doing this to improve my writing. Open to nice, sweet, sugarcoated suggestions because I'm sensitive.
69K 2.8K 11
Kate's in her last year of high school. With one of the popular boys looking out for her, Kate's middle school and high school years came and went li...
118K 2.8K 40
I'm Emily Cox's this is my highschool story everybody at my school stand clear from me well, all the girls anyways, boys all want me. I live with my...