Monster (A Supernatural Fanfi...

Galing kay musicdreams31

"Maybe you are a monster, but so am I and so is Dean. Maybe every human or every living being is a monster. B... Higit pa

Introduction and Copyright
Cast
Chapter 1: Night Moves and Piles of Hell
Chapter 2: "This is the world's most dangerous Nephilim?"
Chapter 3: It's Castiel, not Cassiel
Chapter 4: Archangels, Biscuits, and Broken Windows
Chapter 5: 4.20.1 The Rapture
Chapter 6: 4.20.2 The Rapture
Chapter 7: Angels, Demons, and Nephilims, oh my!
Chapter 8: "I'm gonna ruin this small moment we're having."
Chapter 10: 4.22.2 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 11: 5.1.1 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 12: 5.1.2 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 13: "Of course it's Lucifer. It's always Lucifer."
Chapter 14: 5.4.1 The End
Chapter 15: 5.4.2 The End
Chapter 16: Drunken Pancakes
Chapter 17: 5.6.1 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 18: 5.6.2 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 19: "How do you handle a drunk woman?"
Chapter 20: "Wow. You really are a bitch."
Chapter 21: Heaven on Earth
Chapter 22: 5.9.1 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 23: 5.9.2 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 24: "The therapist and the alcoholic."
Chapter 25: 5.10.1 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 26: 5.10.2 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 27: Coffee Kisses
Chapter 28: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 29: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 30: Broken Promises and Birthday Wishes
Chapter 31: Heaven Help Us All
Chapter 32: 5.16.1 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 33: 5.16.2 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 34: "You can't leave me here forever."
Chapter 35: "God, please....just kill me already."
Chapter 36: 5.18.1 Point of No Return
Chapter 37: These Are The Lies
Chapter 38: 5.21.1 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 39: 5.21.2 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 40: 5.22.1 Swan Song
Chapter 41: 5.22.2 Swan Song
MONSTER One-Shot
MONSTER One-Shot: Djinn
DECEPTION
Why I made Cassandra Moore as she is
Deception is up!
Wattys 2018
Instagram
SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! AHHHHH!!
Published Novel

Chapter 9: 4.22.1 Lucifer Rising

9.9K 264 74
Galing kay musicdreams31

Posting this mainly for the Author's Note so PLEASE READ. As some of you know, I'm in Broward County, Florida which will be getting a direct hit from Hurricane Irma which will be a CAT 5 when it hits us because of the warm waters in the Keys. I'm not evacuating so I will be riding out the storm at the house with my family and my biological great-aunt. To those of you that will be getting hit by Hurricane Irma, please stay safe. I hope you've prepared as much as possible and have finalized your plans. If you guys need anything after the hurricane, please message me and I will see what I can do to help. Please stay safe. I love you all ❤️💖 Okay, now go read ☺️

Singer Junkyard, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

May 13, 2009

Dean hadn't fallen asleep immediately like Cassandra had. He stayed up about an hour longer and watched their reflections in the mirror. He liked the smile that rested on her face as she slept, an expression he couldn't recall ever seeing on her. Dean's hand had been pressed against her chest, the pounding of her heart echoing into his skin. It didn't change speeds once. It never quickened at the sign of Cassandra having a nightmare of any sorts. She never flinched in her sleep or whimpered or screamed. She had slept peacefully for the first time in four years.

Dean let himself drift off shortly after he realized she was okay at the moment, his arms falling limp around her and his eyes fluttering closed. Light snores escaped his lips throughout the night. He was relaxed for the first time in weeks.

Bobby had come downstairs the next morning—six-thirty a.m. sharp—and shuffled around the house until he got to the kitchen, his stomach growling out for some food and coffee. He sighed and ran his hand over his head before pulling the signature baseball cap over it, stumbling for the pot of coffee. He stopped when he noticed the lack of bloody washcloths and a red-tinted bowl in the sink.

"Boy, if you just left a mess for me to clean up," Bobby grumbled under his breath, starting the coffee before trudging into the living room. Dean and Cassandra had never turned off the lights the night before, another curse word escaping Bobby's lips. His gaze landed on the Hunter and Nephilim squeezed onto the old couch, the latter curled into Dean's chest. Bobby chuckled and shook his head. "You sly dog."

Deciding they had enough rest for one night, he pounded his fist on the wall. Cassandra's eyes snapped open and she went to jump awake but Dean's arms kept her pinned to the couch. Dean's green eyes slowly opened, squinting at the bright light. Once they were adjusted to the lighting of the room around him he glanced over at Bobby. Dean groaned and let his head drop back down to the armrest of the couch.

"Good morning, sunshine," Bobby greeted with a smug grin. Cassandra wiggled in Dean's arms.

"Dean, let me go." He shook his head and snuggled further into her. She stopped struggling and let out a defeated huff, pursing her lips in thought. An evil smirk curled onto her busted lips and she turned her head towards the Hunter. "Dean," she muttered.

"Hm?" His eyes never opened.

"I think my period started," Cassandra whispered. Dean's eyes snapped open and he released her immediately. Cassandra giggled and got up, stretching out her arms with a yawn. "Just kidding." Dean rolled his eyes and sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Well, you're rude." She shrugged and glanced over at Bobby who watched them in the doorway. Cassandra looked between Bobby and Dean awkwardly, clearing her throat. Bobby watched with an amused smile. "Hey, Bobby," Dean said, his voice groggy and tired.

"Dean, you never introduced me to your girlfriend," Bobby replied. Cassandra's eyes widened and her lips parted but no words came out. With a small nudge on her hip from Dean, Cassandra managed to get a few words out.

"Oh, I'm not his girlfriend." She shook her head and ran a hand through her tangled blonde locks. "Mm-mm. Definitely not his girlfriend." Bobby arched an eyebrow at her and shifted his gaze to Dean who rolled his eyes. "But I am Cassandra Moore." Bobby nodded.

"You're cute. I like you." Red heat crept its way up Cassandra's neck, sneaking onto her cheeks as she stared back at Bobby with a sheepish smile. He snickered and shook his head. "What do you normally eat for breakfast?"

"I don't eat breakfast."

"Do Nephilims not eat?" Bobby looked to Dean for an answer. Dean, not paying attention, glanced between the older Hunter and the blonde upon the silence. Realizing that he was supposed to answer a question he thought back to what he had heard.

"Uh, Cassandra says fast food disgusts her and that's all we ate," Dean replied, praying that it was the correct answer. He yawned and pulled his arms behind his shoulders, stretching out the cricks and soreness from sleeping on the couch with another person. "And then the one time she did eat she puked it up the next day." Cassandra bit her tongue to keep herself from speaking. She wanted to explain that it was from the stench that lingered from her nightmare but she decided against it.

"I really wasn't feeling well that week," Cassandra decided to say. Bobby nodded slowly. "So whatever you're having is fine with me."

"Okay then. Why don't you two get ready for the day and I'll start on breakfast," Bobby suggested. Cassandra nodded and glanced around before sighing and turning to the blond on the couch behind her.

"Dean, I don't have any clothes. My backpack was left at the crash," Cassandra told him. Dean nodded and stood up, the blanket falling from around his waist. Dean swept Cassandra off her feet and held her bridal style, earning a squeal from the blonde.

"Let's see if there're any jeans left over from mine or Sam's teenage years here," he replied. Cassandra glanced around the house as Dean carried her, furrowing her eyebrows at all of the books. She made a mental note to ask Dean or Bobby about them later.

"You and Sam grew up here?" she questioned, tucking her legs closer to Dean when they turned a corner. Dean nodded his head to the side before shrugging.

"More or less. We were mostly on the road with my dad. He'd leave us at motels while he was working the hunt and I had to look after Sam. If we were in the area then he'd leave us with Bobby and we'd either train or if Bobby was having a good day then he'd let us be normal kids for that day," Dean explained. Cassandra frowned up at the Hunter. Dean glanced down at her, furrowing his eyebrows at her expression.

"You didn't have a normal childhood?" Dean shook his head. "But for school Sam had gotten a full-ride. Did you not go to college?" Dean shook his head once again.

"Despite us switching schools every few weeks, Sam managed to have straight A's and get a full-ride to Stanford. The night he left was hell for all three of us, but we had managed to push through it for the few years that he was gone. And then me, well, I was a high school dropout. Got my GED and continued to hunt with my dad up until the day he died." Cassandra sighed and glanced away upon hearing his story. "Why do you ask?"

"You never wanted anything more? College? A girlfriend or wife? Kids?" Dean didn't show any sign of reply. They both knew that she had asked that question before but Dean had brushed her off with a simple answer. This time she was hoping that he'd tell her what he actually wanted, not what he couldn't have.

Dean pushed open the third door to the left and walked in the room, flipping on the light switch before setting Cassandra down. She steadied herself on her feet before glancing around. The room was bare. A bed in the far corner, a dresser next to the door, a small closet across from the bed, and a wooden desk wedged in the corner between the dresser and the wall. She turned her attention to the walls. Instead of molding like most of the motel rooms they stayed at, the paper was just peeling.

"Welcome to my room," Dean said. Cassandra walked in further and ran her fingers over the dresser, rubbing them together to flick off the dust that had accumulated on the wood over the years. Dean pulled open the bottom drawer and squatted down, rifling through the folded old jeans. Cassandra leaned against the dresser for balance, accepting the pair that Dean had handed to her. "These are probably the smallest we have." With Dean's help she managed to pull them on. When she let go the denim hung loosely over her hips.

"It should be fine."

"We'll have to take you shopping soon. Your apartment is too far to just make a clothes run." Cassandra nodded and bit her lower lip. She understood, but she desperately wanted to go back. Dean noticed this and reached out, cupping her cheek. "You'll get used to this life. I promise."

"And if I never do?"

"You will. And besides, it's not that bad. You get to gank monsters and save people. It's better than what any therapist can do." Cassandra nodded and sighed. "Why don't you take a shower? It'll help and you still have dried blood on you."

~*~

About twenty minutes later Cassandra Moore shuffled into the kitchen and leaned against the doorway, watching as Dean pulled a few pieces of bacon from the hot pan on the stove. He shook his arm out as a bubble of grease jumped up and burned him, but the wound didn't seem to bother him directly after.

"So this Cassandra girl, she's a college student?" Bobby asked, wiping down the counter. Dean nodded and sighed.

"Yeah. She's Sam's age...and Jess' sister." Bobby stopped and looked up to Dean with wide eyes. His mouth opened and closed a few times before he managed to push the words out.

"Jess as in Jessica Moore, Sam's dead girlfriend, Jessica?" Dean nodded again and pulled out two more piece of bacon, setting them down on the plate next to him. "How'd that go?" Dean just shrugged, never turning around.

"Well, I mean he stormed out of her apartment but once he cooled down he was fine. I think it created a bond between them." Dean turned to face Bobby, oblivious to the fact that Cassandra was standing there. "You know, before she found him drinking demon blood." Bobby scoffed and nodded.

"I'm just glad she didn't stick around to see what happened with the demon when you were with Jimmy. If she had seen Sam like that then she probably would've never come back, demons on her ass or not," Bobby said. Cassandra frowned and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What happened with the demon in Pontiac?" Bobby spun around and Dean's eyes widened to see Cassandra standing there. She arched a single eyebrow, waiting for an answer. Bobby and Dean exchanged glances before looking back to the blonde. "Wait. You said that Sam was going through a demon blood detox. Are you saying that he—" Dean nodded. Cassandra ran a hand through her hair, shaking her head. She threw her head back and sighed. "That's why you let him go," she whispered in realization.

"Enough talk about Sam. I want to know about you," Bobby told her. She nodded and stepped further into the kitchen. Dean studied the blonde with scrunched eyebrows. Her hair was wet from the shower, soaking the top half of the back of his flannel that she was borrowing. Everything was about three sizes too big on her, but she didn't seem to mind. She had rolled up the sleeves to the flannel along with the pants on the jeans.

"What do you want to know?" Cassandra questioned, leaning against the counter as she watched them finish up breakfast. She would've offered to help but she knew that she couldn't cook for her life. It was a skill that she was never blessed with. No matter how many classes she took, everything always turned out black or undercooked. She had given up after a year.

"Where were you born?"

"Odd question. Calabasas, California. Nineteen-eighty-three. Next."

"Middle name?" Suddenly Cassandra's face fell into a scowl and she clenched her fists at her sides as realization struck.

"The bitch knew all along!" Dean and Bobby exchanged confused glances. "It's Angel. Cassandra Angel Moore, oh the bitch!" Dean snorted but quickly covered it up with a cough when Cassandra shot a sharp glare his way.

"You're saying your mom knew that Michael's an archangel?" Bobby asked. Cassandra shrugged, holding her arms out and letting them fall down to her sides.

"Sure seems like it. It's not a coincidence, not when it's something that big." Cassandra eyed the food on the counter and stovetop, her stomach churning at the sight. She no longer had an appetite. "I'm gonna try and get ahold of Castiel. Maybe he can ward me today. I don't want any angels or demons showing up," the blonde mumbled before walking away. Dean sighed as he watched her go and looked to Bobby.

"And I was just about to get her to eat," he said. Bobby tilted his head to the side, an unsure expression on his face. "What?"

"Dean, I don't think she even needs food. Think about it. Cas doesn't need food, making she doesn't either." Dean shook his head.

"Bobby, she's still dropping weight. You can't tell me that she doesn't need food. It's like she's starving her body but she's not even hungry. I don't get it." Bobby studied her figure as she walked away, furrowing his eyebrows. A Nephilim was an angel with a human soul. They still did everything that a human does and they need everything a human needs to survive. They're just harder to kill.

"You told me that her meds block out Angel Radio?" Dean nodded. "You think they're blocking her abilities all together and that's why she's so weak? Think about it, Dean. She struggles to use her powers because of the meds. What if they're just depriving her of everything she needs to heal?"

"Are you saying that they're blocking her angel Grace?" Bobby nodded. "So if she stops taking the medications then she could learn to control her powers and she can go up against any demon or angel that comes her way. According to Cas she's one of the most powerful beings out there. She may even be as powerful as her father." Bobby grinned, glad that Dean caught on so quickly.

~*~

"Dean? Dean! You listen to a word I said?" Dean stared out the window in front of him, looking past all of the dust and grime that coated it inside and out. Cassandra sat in a chair behind Bobby, a book of Angel lore wide open in her lap. Dean nodded.

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him," Dean told Bobby. Cassandra rolled her bottom lip between her teeth, trying to concentrate on the words in front of her. Dean's mood had done a complete one-eighty that day. Now all he did was stare out the window with a brooding look on his face, his disney princess eyes staring off into nothing while Bobby caught Cassandra up on what was going on.

"Don't make me get my gun, boy," Bobby threatened. Dean turned to face him, glancing briefly over at Cassandra who kept her gaze locked on the book. This wasn't a fight for her to get in the middle of.

"We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment? Like, oh, I don't know, teaching Cassandra to use her powers?" Dean snapped. Cassandra sighed and looked up.

"We can't do that without attracting every angel and demon in the country. We're just lucky it was Castiel who responded when I took off my wardings and not Michael," Cassandra said. Dean ignored her, keeping his glare on Bobby. The blonde rolled her eyes and looked back down to the book. Bobby thought that if she could learn about the powers of a Nephilim then maybe she could control them. It wasn't working.

"I know you're pissed. And I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your—"

"Blood?" Dean finished. Cassandra closed the book, knowing she wouldn't be able to focus with the two Hunters constantly bickering. "He's my blood, is that what you were gonna say?" Bobby rolled his eyes.

"He's your brother. And he's drowning." Dean shook his head and started to walk towards Bobby.

"Bobby, I tried to help him, I did. Look what happened." Cassandra heard his voice crack. She got up from her seat and set the book aside, taking her place next to Bobby. She didn't know the Winchesters very well, but she did know that Sam deserved a second chance.

"So try again," Cassandra chimed in. Dean shook his head, running a hand through his hair.

"It's too late." Cassandra shook her head, her gaze soft as she stared at Dean. She disagreed with him completely, but the last thing she wanted to do was piss him off further.

"There's no such thing." Dean shook his head and stepped towards her until their faces were inches apart.

"No, dammit!" Cassandra jumped and closed her eyes, sucking in a deep, shaky breath. Dean's expression faltered briefly when he realized he had scared her so he took a step back, never uttering an apology. He just continued to yell. "No. I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. " He stopped, lowering his voice once he realized that Cassandra was clutching the edge of the table that she and Bobby leaned on. "Now it's like déjà vu all over again," Dean whispered. He sat down, shaking his head. "Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants."

"You don't mean that," Bobby replied. Dean looked over to him and nodded.

"Yes I do, Bobby. Sam's gone. He's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was." Bobby turned and leaned on the table, fuming. He tried desperately to get his anger under control, but Cassandra could see how much he was struggling.

"Bobby," she whispered, watching him with a sympathetic gaze. She reached out to place a hand on his shoulder when he swept his hands across the table, books and papers flying onto the ground. Cassandra took a wary step back. She could see where Dean got his temper. Bobby advanced towards Dean who stood up.

"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch!" Bobby roared. Dean's eyes widened. "Well, boo hoo, I am so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess! Are you under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good? Make you an apple pie, maybe? They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" His voice rose with every word and Cassandra's eyebrows rose in interest to see how it would play out. She knew that Bobby wouldn't hurt her, but she kept her distance from Dean just in case.

"I told him, 'you walk out that door, don't come back' and he walked out anyway! That was his choice!" Dean shouted back immediately. He walked past Bobby and towards the window, his back to Cassandra and the older Hunter.

"You sound like a whiny brat," Bobby told him calmly. "No, you sound like your dad. Well, let me tell you something. Your dad was a coward." Dean stopped and turned, his fists clenched at his sides. Cassandra's blue eyes widened. Bobby had hit a nerve.

"My dad was a lot of things, Bobby, but a coward?"

"He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him. Well, that don't strike me as brave. You are a better man than your daddy ever was. So you do both of us a favor. Don't be him." Dean nodded once as if to control his anger and turned back to face the window. Cassandra and Bobby exchanged glances. Suddenly Cassandra didn't see Bobby anymore.

"Dean?" Dean turned to look at her, his eyes widening when he realized that they weren't in Bobby's house. They glanced around in confusion. "Where are we?"

"I don't know." The walls were a light green, an ugly color if you asked Cassandra. She'd tell you that it reminded her of puke, or the color your face tinted when you had motion-sickness and you were out at sea. There were a few paintings hanging on the walls around the room and Cassandra slowly walked towards one, cocking her head to the side to study it when she realized who and what it was. Around the paintings were pure golden frames and her eyebrows rose in shock when she ran her fingers over it. She looked up, a similar gold trim running along the walls. Wherever they were it was more extravagant than anything they had ever dreamed of.

"Hello, Dean." Dean and Cassandra spun around to see Castiel. "It's almost time." His face seemed solemn, almost as if he didn't want Dean and Cassandra to be there. Cassandra glanced between the two with wide eyes.

"A-Almost time? Almost time for what?" she stuttered. Castiel sighed and glanced over to the Nephilim.

"For the last seal." Castiel disappeared into thin air.

Cassandra and Dean wandered around the room. Well, more like Dean wandered around the room while Cassandra sat on the table desperately trying to get her powers to work. She watched as Dean ran his fingers over the white tablecloth.

"They won't work, Princess. Your meds are still in your system," Dean told her, walking over to one of the paintings to study it. Cassandra let out a defeated huff and laid back on the table, staring at the ceiling. It was beautiful. Beautifully disgusting. She wanted to be back in her crappy apartment, studying her ass off for the final that she had missed. She wanted to be back at Bobby's with Dean or in one of the grimy motel rooms across the country. She wanted to be anywhere but there.

"What's with that nickname?" Cassandra questioned, continuing to glare at the ceiling. Dean shrugged, never turning around.

"You're an archangel's daughter. You're basically a princess around here." Cassandra snorted. She saw something move out of her peripheral vision and she furrowed her eyebrows, turning her head. She gasped when a tray of burgers and a bucket of beer appeared on the table next to her. Dean turned around, stopping and pointing to them. "Did you—"

"I can't get my sonic scream to work. What makes you think I can make burgers and beer appear?" she deadpanned. Dean shrugged and walked over, pulling a beer from the ice to study it. Cassandra never sat up, only eyed the burgers and sighed. "Those smell good."

"I thought you were disgusted by food." She shrugged, squinting her eyes at them as she studied them.

"It's something about them. They're almost—"

"Heavenly?" an unknown voice finished. Cassandra shot up and twisted around, cringing when she pulled at her stitches. A man with white hair stared back at her, Castiel standing behind him.

"Hello, Dean. You're looking fit," he greeted. He turned his attention to Cassandra. "Cassandra. It's a pleasure to see you again. Last time I saw you you were running around in diapers. What a beautiful young Nephilim you've grown to be." She arched an eyebrow at him and looked to Dean as he replaced the beer bottle.

"Well, how 'bout this? 'The suite life of Zach and Cas.'" Cassandra snorted but Castiel and the unknown man just stared at the Hunter blankly, not understanding the reference. "It's a... never mind. So, what is this? Where the hell are we?" The man started to approach Dean but Cassandra held up a hand, stopping him.

"First, will someone tell me who the hell he is?" the blonde questioned, pointing her thumb to the man as she sat cross-legged on the table. He smiled at her and outstretched his hand for her to shake.

"Zachariah. I'm a fellow angel." Cassandra eyed his hand, never moving hers from her lap. Zachariah awkwardly pulled his arm back to his side and returned his attention to Dean. "Call it a Green room. We're closing in on the grand finale, here. We want to keep you safe before showtime." Zachariah gestured to the table before grabbing a burger and holding it out to Dean. "Try a burger. They're your favorite. From that seaside shack in Delaware. You were eleven, I think."

"I'm not hungry."

"No?" The angel put the burger back down. "How about Ginger from season two of 'Gilligan's Island'? You do have a thing for her, don't you?" Dean nodded his head to the side, briefly considering the offer.

"Tempting. Weird."

"We'll throw in Mary Ann for free," Zachariah added. Dean shook his head, holding his hand out to stop him. Cassandra watched in curiosity. She had no idea what Zachariah and Dean were talking about, but she had a feeling it was a childhood celebrity crush.

"No, no. Let's... bail on the holodeck, okay? I want to know what the game plan is," Dean told him.

"Let us worry about that. We want you... focused, relaxed." Zachariah turned towards Cassandra. "You, too, my dear niece. Your daddy needs you focused and relaxed for the final showdown. That scream of yours is real damaging. It'll come in handy in the future." Cassandra smiled a sickly sweet grin at the angel.

"Why don't I try it out on you?" Zachariah narrowed his eyes at Cassandra who only tilted her head and smirked.

"Well, we're about to be pissed and leaving, so start talking, Chuckles," Dean said. The angel sighed, hanging his head. Dean and Cassandra exchanged glances before returning their attention to Zachariah.

"All the seals have fallen. Except one."

"That's an impressive score. That's... that's right up there with the Washington Generals," Dean retorted. Zachariah scowled at him, his jaw clenched as he resisted the urge to punch Dean.

"You think sarcasm's appropriate, do you? Considering... you started all this?" Dean looked away guiltily and Cassandra frowned. "But the final seal... it'll be different." The blonde narrowed her gaze at Zachariah.

"Why?" she questioned.

"Lilith has to break it. She's the only one who can. Tomorrow night — midnight."

"Where?"

"We're working on it."

"Well, work harder," she growled. Dean raised his eyebrows at the Nephilim, wondering where this newfound courage came from. She had never been one to stand up to people, let alone another angel.

"We'll do our job. You just make sure you two do yours." Dean scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, and what is that, exactly? If I'm supposed to be the one that stops her, how? With the knife?" Dean asked, his voice rising in anger. He had every right to be angry. Cassandra hopped off of the table, taking Dean's side.

"All in good time."

"Isn't now a good time?" Cassandra replied. She held her hand out towards the door that Zachariah and Castiel stood in front of. "If Lilith's about to break the final seal then we need to stop her. She and every other demon are looking for me, right? I'm not warded. Just throw me out into the open and wait for her to strike!"

"Have faith."

"What, in you?" Dean asked in disbelief. "Give me one good reason why we should." Zachariah started to approach Dean, stopping just inches away from him.

"Because you swore your obedience. So obey." Dean looked over Zachariah's shoulder towards Castiel who lowered his head, his gaze dropping to the ground in guilt. Cassandra scowled and reached out, landing a right hook to Zachariah's jaw. His face turned slightly from the force, but he never flinched or staggered back. Cassandra cried out and clutched her stomach where her stitches were, her chest heaving as she gritted her teeth and stared up at Zachariah.

"You son of a bitch!" she growled lowly. Zachariah reached out and grabbed her cheeks, pulling her up straight and forcing her to look him in the eyes.

"Watch the attitude, young lady. Your daddy won't be here forever to protect you and neither will the Winchesters or Castiel." Zachariah disappeared into thin air with Castiel, leaving Dean and Cassandra alone. She slumped forward, cringing as she clutched her stomach.

"Nice punch," Dean complimented. Cassandra nodded her head to the side before walking back over to the table and hopping up on it. "Let me check your stitches to make sure you didn't tear anything." She sat up straighter and let Dean walk over. He lifted her shirt and ran his fingers along her stomach, feeling her tense. He glanced up at her face. She watched his every move, her eyes following his hand. Dean cleared his throat and averted his attention back to the stitches. "They look fine. You just gotta stop twisting around so much." Cassandra nodded.

"Yeah." Dean dropped her shirt and stepped back.

"How'd you know Zach wouldn't punch back?"

"Dean, I think they believe I know how to use my powers," she whispered. Dean glanced around the room to make sure no one else was there before stepping forward. "The way he talked about me getting ready for my destiny or some shit, he spoke as if I had control over my powers. What happens when they throw me out into the field and I'm dead the first minute?" Cassandra's voice shook and Dean could see the fear clear in her eyes.

"You're not going to die, okay?"

"They think I can fight someone." Dean shook his head.

"I'm not gonna let you die, Cassy. I said I'd protect you and I will." Dean sighed and glanced away. "Look, we'll figure it out. We'll figure out a way to get out of here."

"You think we can trust Castiel?" Dean nodded his head to the side, shrugging.

"Maybe."

"Should we give it a shot?" Dean shook his head.

"Give it a little more time."

~*~

Dean paced around the Greenroom, tapping his phone in his hand as he had a mental debate with himself. Cassandra hummed random songs to keep herself entertained and she turned her head towards the burgers. They were tempting, but she didn't want anything from the angels. She didn't want to give them any type of satisfaction.

"Ah, screw it." She sat up and watched as Dean started to dial Sam's number. Somehow they got reception in there and she started to wonder where they were. Cassandra knew that there wouldn't be reception in Heaven so they were somewhere on Earth. "Hey, it's me. Uh..." Dean cleared his throat. "Look, I'll just get right to it. I'm still pissed... and I owe you a serious beatdown." He licked his lips and sighed. "But... I shouldn't have said what I said. You know, I'm not Dad. We're brothers. You know, we're family. And, uh... no matter how bad it gets, that doesn't change. Sammy, I'm sorry—" The phone beeped, cutting him off. Dean pulled the phone away and flipped it closed.

"You think he'll answer?" Dean shrugged and turned to face the Nephilim. She propped herself up on her elbows, her eyes following Dean as he paced the length of the room. "I think Sam will come around."

"How can you be so sure?" Cassandra sat up fully and leaned forward, her arms resting on her thighs.

"Because Jess and I got into fights all the time. I mean it obviously wasn't as bad as demon blood and the Apocalypse—" Dean chuckled. "—but they were still pretty bad. We just had to give each other time to cool down before we made up. Sam's confused and he's obviously under some type of influence by that bitch, but soon enough he'll come around."

"You really hate Ruby."

"She's the reason I have stitches." Dean shook his head, staring back at the blonde with an amused smile.

"You're the one who crashed the car and wasn't wearing a seatbelt." Cassandra rolled her eyes and laid back down on the table, not replying. Dean sighed and stared up at the ceiling, shaking his head. Maybe Castiel was their best bet.

Cassandra and Dean seem to be pretty close. He seems to have taken a liking to the Nephilim and wants to make sure she's okay. You think this relationship will blossom more?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6K 154 36
You knew you were screwed. Everything had been off since the moment you'd woken up in that hospital after your night out. But it wasn't until you wer...
43.1K 872 25
Alexis Hart or Smith, as she prefers, grew up learning to hunt the things that go bump in the night. It was her life. She was taught it was the only...
1K 148 66
Jessica Coleman used to have a normal life. She went to work and lived with her best friend Rachel...life seems pretty okay until Jessica was thrown...
245K 5.8K 23
(Set in Season 5) ""Guess who else just escaped Hell thanks to your brother?" Bobby replied. Dean glanced back over at Libby with wide eyes. This t...