When Fire Meets Gasoline | Wi...

By xonceuponatimex

Oliver Campbell just wants to have two more peaceful years at Hogwarts with his best friends before they all... More

Introduction
Graphic Gallery
PART I
chapter one | the great escape
chapter two | moving across the pond
chapter three | weasleys' wizard wheezes
chapter four | en route to hogwarts
chapter six | potions class
chapter seven | way down andrew goes
chapter eight | the shortest duel
chapter nine | little secrets
chapter ten | new missions
chapter eleven | an alarming discovery
chapter twelve | one's theory is another one's problem
chapter thirteen | letters
chapter fourteen | feelings and distractions
chapter fifteen | putting on an act
chapter sixteen | the library quarrel
chapter seventeen | holiday surprises
chapter eighteen | a heated train ride
chapter nineteen | the big christmas disaster
chapter twenty | the truth about healing
chapter twenty-one | overwhelmed with emotions
chapter twenty-two | openings and closings
chapter twenty-three | the morning after
chapter twenty-four | when it all spills out
chapter twenty-five | the final hours
chapter twenty-six | tragedies on the astronomy tower
chapter twenty-seven | a war is coming
PART II
chapter twenty-eight | switching sides
chapter twenty-nine | timing is everything
chapter thirty | a new addition
chapter thirty-one | the scamander house
chapter thirty-two | early risers
chapter thirty-three | london bound
chapter thirty-four | apologies
chapter thirty-five | inside the ministry of magic
chapter thirty-six | the fire pack
chapter thirty-seven | the long-awaited closure and peace
chapter thirty-eight | the risky journey
chapter thirty-nine | moments that linger
chapter forty | a memorable christmas
chapter forty-one | the departure
chapter forty-two | the betrayal
chapter forty-three | a new prison
chapter forty-four | oliver's interrogation
chapter forty-five | new arrivals
chapter forty-six | the aftermath at shell cottage
chapter forty-seven | the countdown begins
chapter forty-eight | going back to hogwarts
chapter forty-nine | in the corridors
chapter fifty | the battle begins
chapter fifty-one | fight to the finish
chapter fifty-two | escape from the turmoil
epilogue
Author's Note

chapter five | the warm welcome

241 20 17
By xonceuponatimex

The train came to a stop, signaling everyone that they were finally at Hogwarts. Mary stood up from her seat and grabbed her bag. She followed Blaise and Pansy to the door and turned around to see Draco still in his seat. "You coming?" she asked him.

He shook his head. "You guys go on without me. I want to check something," he replied.

The three obliged and did as they were told, walking down to the nearest exit. They got off the train and headed for the carriages.

"Do you think Draco's acting kind of weird?" Pansy asked the other two. "I mean, he doesn't seem like himself. Did you hear the way he was talking about this year?"

Blaise shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know what it is with him anymore. It seems like he's got something else on his mind. What do you think, Mary?"

Mary almost jumped when she heard her name. She cleared her throat. "Um, I don't know. Maybe he's just stressed out. Sixth year is a big year, isn't it? This is the year we basically start focusing on what kind of career we want after we graduate."

Blaise nodded his head. "That is true."

When the discussion about Draco was dropped and another subject was brought up, Mary was relieved. She was given orders to not say anything about what her and Draco were up to this year. They had a top secret mission to complete, and no one was supposed to know about it but them. She knew it was going to be hard for the two of them to sneak around without anyone getting suspicious. When people would begin to wonder what was going on, rumors would get started, and once they got going, they wouldn't stop spreading.

The three got on a carriage, which freaked Mary out when she saw that nothing was pulling it. Nevertheless, she didn't comment about it. Instead, she stayed silent and tried her best to enjoy the ride while Blaise and Pansy continued one with their conversation. Mary found it awkward to be around the two of them without Draco. After all, she hardly knew anything about them. She wasn't sure if she was able to trust them, despite the fact that they were Draco's best friends.

The ride seemed like it was going to be forever. But just when Mary was about to fall asleep, the bright castle was now in sight. She stared up at the school in awe. Ilvermorny also had a nice view and she had heard about Hogwarts being just as beautiful, but she always thought that everyone exaggerated a bit. Now, she realized that there was no exaggeration about the scenery of this place.

But the inside was even more amazing. The walls were covered by numerous paintings and the corridors gave Mary a historical feel to the school. She began to think that Hogwarts might not be too bad.

"Miss Fowler," a voice came from behind her. Mary turned around and saw an older-looking woman standing there. "Are you ready to be Sorted into your House?" She nodded her head. "Follow me, then."

"Good luck," Blaise said to Mary, smirking as he walked away with Pansy on his side.

And so Mary followed the older lady until they reached the statue of a gargoyle.

*******

"No, Jake, I'm not going to do your Transfiguration homework this year," Eliza said, jumping off the train and onto the cement, landing on her feet.

"But I'm awful at the subject!" he whined, getting off the train. "I'm telling you, Liza, McGonagall has it out for me. She hates my guts."

"Probably because you always sleep in her class," Violet said.

Jacob groaned. "It's so boring. How can you stay awake in that class?"

"It's not totally boring," Oliver stated.

"Of course not. You actually like the class," Andrew said.

"You also got an Outstanding on it last year on your O.W.L.," Jacob added. "Want to do my homework this year?"

"Not a chance," Oliver replied, smiling a bit.

Jacob groaned. "Great, I'm screwed."

"You made an Acceptable on your O.W.L. for that subject. You seem to know a lot more than you think," Eliza pointed out.

"That's because I studied for it last year, believe it or not," he replied.

Violet scoffed. "I find it hard to believe that you actually know how to study."

Oliver chuckled, shaking his head. I'm glad I have friends that can make me laugh.

"Well, I'll just ask the new girl to do my homework for me, then," Jacob said.

"Good luck with that," Eliza responded, letting out a laugh. "She'll probably be following Malfoy like the rest of his friends."

Eliza had a point. That was all Draco's friends did. There was never a time when he was actually by himself. He always had someone with him. Clearly, privacy wasn't a thing for Draco and his friends.

The five of them walked to a carriage and hopped on, making more small talk. They stopped their chatting when they approached the castle. Even after six years, the view of their school took their breaths away.

"It sucks to think we won't see this view after we graduate," Violet spoke up.

"We can always come back, right?" Andrew asked.

"Definitely," Oliver answered, still looking up at Hogwarts.

When they reached the castle, the five got out of the carriage and went through the new security, which kind of threw everyone off. But once that was done, they made their way into the castle and into the Great Hall. The five then had to part ways since they were all in different Houses. Oliver and Violet were in Ravenclaw, Andrew and Eliza resided in Gryffindor, and Jacob was all by himself in Hufflepuff. Because Sarah was also in Hufflepuff, Jacob made sure to look out for her.

Oliver and Violet took their seats across from Padma Patil. During the Sorting, Oliver and Violet dozed off a bit, wanting to eat and go to the Ravenclaw Tower for the rest of the night. After the first years were all settled in, the food appeared on the table and everyone dug in.

The food was one of the many reasons why Oliver liked Hogwarts so much. He enjoyed stuffing his face until he was sick to eat any more of it. He was definitely going to miss the food once he left Hogwarts.

"Very best of evenings to you all!" Professor Dumbledore announced once the feast was almost over. "I would like to introduce a few people tonight. First off, we have a new student who just transferred from Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Everyone, please welcome Mary Fowler, who has been Sorted into Slytherin House."

Oliver turned around and spotted Mary sitting down between Draco and Blaise. He wasn't surprised that Mary was in Slytherin House. The students applauded for her, then the clapping faded away a moment later.

"What a shock there," Violet muttered.

"Next, I'd like to introduce the newest member of our staff: Horace Slughorn." A man sitting beside Snape stood up and waved while the students applauded once again. "He has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. The post of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape."

The Slytherins applauded while everyone else kind of looked at each other in confused looks. "Great. Now Jacob will have to study a bit more this year," Oliver commented, making Violet snicker.

Once the applause was over, Professor Dumbledore continued with his speech. "Now, as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight, and you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man, like you, who sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, and slept under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle."

Everyone began to murmur and whisper when his name was mentioned. "Oh, great, here we go," Violet said.

"Today, of course, he's known all over the world by another name. Which is why, as I stand here, looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon is you."

Once the speech was finished, Professor Dumbledore sent everyone to bed. Oliver and Violet stood up with the other Ravenclaws and followed them out of the Great Hall.

"Well, that was cheerful," Violet told Oliver.

"Yeah, very," he added. "I think this year really will be an interesting year."

*******

The Slytherin Dungeons reminded Mary of Malfoy Manor. It was dark and gloomy, much like Draco was acting like today. She wasn't sure how any Slytherin was able to enjoy staying down here.

"It's not too bad," Theodore Nott told Mary. "You get used to it."

When they reached the portrait, the Prefect gave it the password and led the Slytherins inside the Slytherin Common Room. The whole room was not as bad as Mary thought it would be. There were green and silver chairs with black tables and a nice fireplace as well. Overall, Mary found it less depressing.

"So, what do you think?" Pansy questioned Mary.

"It's okay," she answered. "Maybe this place won't be too bad."

"Good," Draco said from behind her. "Because this is your new home for the next nine months, Mary Fowler."

A/N: Wow! Finished this chapter really quick!

Today is Oliver's birthday, which is why I'm updating! August 7th is Andrew's birthday, so I'll update on that day as well.

What do you think so far? Let me know!

Song above is Cannonball by Skylar Grey ft. X Ambassadors.

Comment, vote, <3

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
309K 9.9K 56
"A girl, with so much life inside of her, a girl with such a bright future, chose death to save a man with nothing, a man, worth nothing." * Fawn Br...
46.8K 1.7K 53
[Book 2] ❝ 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 π₯𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 π›πžπ¬π­ 𝐀𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭.❞ Serena's fourth year at Hogwarts begins, but...
2.6K 62 29
⚑Completed⚑ You're friends with Cedric Diggory and the golden trio. They help you through all your times of need, especially when everyone in the wh...