Mafiatale - An Eye For An Eye...

By _fransfics_

HERE IT IS! Mafiatale! NOT MY AU! My own version. SANSXFRISK They my OTP. I hope you like this story! Another... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Gosh I know...
End Story Notes

Chapter 13:

3.6K 183 426
By _fransfics_

*Third POV*

Sans was bewildered and shocked with her question, Frisk catching onto the fact he was most startled on how she managed to figure it out.

She blinked innocently, as if this was something everyone did.

Except Frisk knew Sans had never met anyone who could have done that before.

If people actually tried, they possibly could do what she did.

At the time, that wasn't important, and she focused on Sans's reaction, taking satisfaction from his wide eyes and open mouth.

Even though she trusted him more than earlier that morning, she still felt as if she was against him. Mostly because he acted as if he didn't even need to hide his information, and was just giving it away willingly.

Why did he hide it from her for so long, if he was just going to give it up anyway?

She was sure to keep that question in her head for when it was her turn to ask again, but for now, she was waiting for his answer.

To her surprise, Sans shrugged, and smiled at her before answering, "Isn't much of a tragedy, doll."

Frisk shook her head and demanded, "Then say it anyway. If it's not that big of a deal, then you don't need to hide it."

"I wasn't hiding it."

"Then why are you stalling and avoiding the question?"

Sans let out a long sigh and let his head drop back in annoyance.

Frisk knew she was being pushy, but she was desperate to know at least some important information on him.

All information was important to her, and she knew that his backstory could hold some incredible importance in the future.

It meant she knew more on him, and how he was.

This could be used to her advantage later on.

Being more logical than emotional, (she likes to think) Frisk would force herself to have no feeling for what his tragedy might be.

Though she knew it had to be bad, or he wouldn't be so nervous about telling her.

Perhaps it was important.

The reason she was so confused on him asking for her tragedy, is because she honestly couldn't think of any important knowledge coming from it.

Wasn't she there to give them information about Cortex? About Capture?

Why had they asked a question about her?

Then she began to wonder if Sans was making this up as he went along.

She noted that in her head, and was sure to write it down later on.

"My tragedy is simple. Nothing much to it."

"Then go ahead and tell me," Frisk urged, waving her hand in front of her as if she was welcoming his words.

Sans took a deep breath, and hesitated slightly before smiling and looking Frisk in the eyes as he stated plainly, "I never had a mother."

Frisk stared at him for a long time, trying to understand the words he had spoken.

Did he mean he never had a mother as in.... she died?

Or did he mean he honestly didn't have a mother, and his father never-

"What is that supposed to mean?" Frisk asked quickly, brushing away her thoughts as her face began heating up from embarrassment.

Sans didn't seem to notice, and he explained, "I mean my father never married, and he never... got with a lady to have me."

Frisk gulped down her laugh, and tried to tug down her lips to keep them from smiling.

What he was saying was biologically impossible, (not that it was possible for a skeleton to have a child anyways, but that was biologically possible with monsters and humans from the AU).

"Then how are you here?" She asked, still fighting her laugh at his silly statement.

Sans smiled lightly, and he noticed her mocking gaze as he explained, "My father created me as the age 15, old enough to work. Along with my brother Papyrus, who was two years younger than me. He created us to be his sons, but he didn't want to go through that entire possess of having a woman pregnant, taking care of babies all that stuff."

He chuckled lightly and stared at the ground, Frisk realizing he was probably thinking about his father, (who she knew was Gaster).

"So he made me at fifteen, and thought that was a little too old, so he made Papyrus at thirteen, though we were created on the same day."

Noticing her puzzled expression, Sans scratched his head under his hat and smiled nervously as he said for her, "Eh... it's a little confusing... But I guess my tragedy was never having a childhood. I never got to go to school, which is probably why I'm such an idiot, and I never got to grow up like a normal kid."

Frisk looked at him and could see the sad glint in his eye, his mouth in a weary smile that seemed to be softening and fading from his face.

Pity tried to seep it's way into her, and she fought it off sharply with her determination.

"Ya know, I started working with the mafia right after I was 'born' and..." He let out a small sigh and scratched his head again, as if he was looking for the right words, "I guess sometimes I wish I had something to look back on besides working my whole life... Like how bliss it was to be a kid..."

As Frisk thought about it, she realized she had been working most her life as well. But she still remembered her little girl years when she would run around with underwear on her head or make little flower crowns for her parents.

She couldn't imagine what it would be like to have never had that.

When Sans scoffed and snickered, Frisk jumped and looked at him again.

She noticed his eyes were still sad, yet he wore a large grin as he shook his head and continued, "Ya ever wonder why Pap is so childish? Welp... Gaster and I are still trying to give him a childhood. After pops saw what it did to me, we both wanted Papyrus to be happier."

Now Frisk felt pity, and it beat down her determination and swallowed her whole.

Of course, she had gathered a lot of information from that.

Papyrus and Gaster are his family members, he is about 21 years old, and is only five years younger than his father. Not only that but he never went to school, so he is quite dim, but he has been around lots of people and understands them well.

Except all that information went to the back of her head, and her eyes filled with sadness for the skeleton before her, even though she promised she wouldn't let that happen.

Couldn't he be lying?

Why would he be telling the truth?

Of course he was.

Frisk could see it plain and clear as day.

Except before she could say something to comfort him, or say anything at all to break the empty silence around them, Sans beat her to it and coughed, "Well uh... That was your question and-"

"Sans it's alright..." Frisk said softly, shocked at how kind her voice was.

Sans looked at her, and she couldn't hold back a small warm smile that tickled her lips.

While he stared at her for a long while, he suddenly smiled as well and said, "I know. Don't need to teach me that one dolly, I figured it out for myself."

Glad with the contentment in the room, Frisk relaxed and forced her smile down.

She wasn't supposed to be trusting or feeling pity for these people.

They were her enemies, right?

Even so, something inside her was still prying open the bars that concealed her trust, trying to open them for Sans.

"Now that I've answered your question, You must answer mine."

At his statement, Frisk froze, and her warm smile fell into a blank gaze that already expected what was to come.

When he spoke, Frisk was full of the plain disappointment she was already expecting, and she already had answer ready.

"Who is the traitor?" He asked, his eyes serious and his hands together in his lap as he leaned forward in his chair.

"I don't know."

"What?!"

Frisk shrugged and crossed her legs, giving him an empty expression as she said again, "I don't know who the traitor is."

"How can you not know?!" Sans asked, his voice and eyes full of bewilderment and shock.

Frisk almost took satisfaction in seeing him this way.

She knew eventually he would ask, and she was taking pleasure in seeing all his expectations fail.

This was going to be her proof.

This is the moment he ditched her, left her in the dust, just like Cortex.

After he got the information he wanted, or after he didn't get anything he wanted, she would be gone.

Except she felt for a moment, that wasn't the case.

Perhaps, if she was lucky, he would care for her just like he promised.

Her luck was rotten, and she already knew that.

At least she could rub it in how right she was when it was over.

"Because," Frisk started to explain, folding her arms and giving him a side scowl, "I don't recognize anyone here that could be the traitor. They must've been assigned recently. If it is a new member of Cortex, you have no luck. If it is someone who worked there before, I would have to look at every face in The Underground to figure it out. And I'm sure that will take too long."

Sans was fuming, and he stood up sharply, shoving the chair.

Frisk hardly cared about his anger, and stayed sitting in the same position as before, quite happy with how Sans was reacting.

It was interesting to see how his mood could change so quickly, just by a few words.

Of course, she already knew this happened to people. She had already read about it in a psychology book.

After Sans let out a few angry sounds, Frisk realized he wasn't going to reply, so she continued, "If you want to find the traitor, you'll have to do it on your own. There is nothing I can do to help you."

"Yes there is," Sans said sharply, as if he already predicted what she was going to say, "You know Cortex more than anybody, which means you can help us in finding the traitor."

Frisk rolled her eyes and sat against the wall, her body still resting on the bed and one leg still crossed over the other.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm only here for information, remember? I'm not on your team."

Sans let out a few more angry sounds and clenched his fists.

Frisk smiled.

"Well," She started after he wouldn't say anything more, "Since that was your question, it's my turn."

Sans let out a long sigh of annoyance, and sat down, Frisk still feeling his frustration and irritation at having one of his main questions, deflated.

Frisk felt her stomach fill with mirth, and she realized that everything was no going her way.

Her questions would be answered honestly (like he promised) and she will have more information about him in no time.

And he will have nothing.

Except she shouldn't have thought so quickly, because when she asked her question, she was briskly let down.

"What are you hiding from me?" 

"Nothing. Next question. Who-"

Frisk shook her head quickly, and she shouted in a startled tone, "Wait- what?!"

Even if she hadn't sensed him hiding something, he would have to answer her honestly. Of course, she expected him hiding something from her, and she was hoping it was something important.

She wasn't hoping for nothing.

"Nothing?!" She fumed, sitting up with her back away from the wall.

Sans simply nodded and replied, "Yup. Nothing. Now it's my turn."

Frisk was furious with the fact that her turn was wasted, and she crossed her arms roughly, hoping to contain her anger and answer Sans's next question quickly, so she could ask the one that was pinned in the back of her mind.

"Who is Capture?" Sans asked, sitting back down and looking at her seriously, his hope obviously on her answer.

Except Frisk answered honestly, "I don't know."

"What?!" Sans raged again, a bit louder and more puzzled than before.

"I'm telling the truth!" Frisk shouted back, giving him a sharp snarl, "I don't know!"

Sans stood up and grabbed his head, his hat squishing down and his neck falling back as he let out a long groan of annoyance.

"You mean to tell me," Sans groaned as he slid his fingers down his face, "You don't know who Capture is? You have no information on him at all?!"

"Well, I never actually met Capture!" Frisk snapped, starting to get frustrated and annoyed with Sans and his anger, "He keeps himself hidden, secret, from everyone unless they are deathly close to him! No one really knows who Capture is!"

Sans groaned again, and Frisk let out a huff of anger, falling back on the wall again and looking to the side with a pout.

This whole conversation was falling apart for both of them.

The room was full of silence, Sans holding his face and Frisk looking away with fumed eyes and vexed muscles.

Finally, she broke the silence and mumbled, "Besides, you told me the questions needed to be specific."

Sans was loosing to his anger, and he shoved the wooden chair to the ground with a rough clatter, one of the legs breaking off and jolting Frisk to reality.

Both of them stared at the chair, and Sans's eyes widened with realization at what he had done.

Under his breath, he mumbled, "I didn't do it."

Frisk scoffed and didn't seem to care about the broken chair as she sassed, "Can I ask my question now?"

Sans sighed an angry breath and turned to the door, his eyes lowered and full of fury as he replied, "Sure. That was your question."

Before Frisk could protest, (which she sure did try, her words fumbling and making a mess of themselves) Sans yanked open the door and got ready to leave.

Quickly, Frisk shouted as if she was afraid, "Wait!"

Pausing, Sans turned his head to the side and tried hard not to look at Frisk, hoping her eyes didn't look the same as when she had told her tragedy.

"What?" He asked, his voice gruffer than usual, shocking Frisk slightly.

"Could you..." She started, her words hesitating and her mind processing what to say, "Could you bring me more files to work on? Or another book?"

Instead of answering, Sans stood in the doorway and stared at the brown carpet, his bones tense as if he was still furious with the past situation.

Without an answer, Sans left and slammed the door shut, the lock clicking behind him.

**********

A/N: HELLO MY FRANS FANS OR FRABS!!!!

IT IS I AGAIN!

Okay, this is honestly the last time I am posting this week.

But someone commented something yesterday, and I decided, "Ya know what? Lets make someones day and actually do what they said." And so I did.

Don't expect it.

I AM HARSH AND CRUEL FEAR MEEE!!!!!

I hope you liked the chappie!

*SPOILERS*

"Chara, no."

THAT'S ALL!

I hope you guys liked his little backstory, it was kinda depressing I hope-

I-I mean sadly.

This was very fun to write and I hope you liked it!

THEORIES ARE FREAKING AWESOME AHHHH SOME OF YOU ARE SO FREAKING CLOSE I'M LIKE FREAKING OUT A LITTLE.

ALSO-

I made a second account for my other writing, for when I'm bored or have ideas I want to put down.

It's just not fanfiction.

It's not as important as this account, but if you want to, you can follow.

It's called 

I think.

ANYWAY I'M GONNA BE GONE FOR LIKE EVER I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE FUN BYYYY!!!

JK I'LL BE BACK NEXT WEEK BUT BYYYYYYYEEEE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 597 7
(Toby Fox owns UnderTale, I plan to replace the cover with my own, and there needs to be more Sansgore like what the actual heck) After the surface w...
116 12 7
(cover draw by me. It's just a version from an inspiration I saw from another artist that I forgot their name by the way-) read this story if you lik...
335K 12.1K 153
Sans. He is a serious skeleton who is part of the Mafia, and he doesn't like to take shit from anyone. Well, maybe apart from his own boss, Asgore. H...
83.9K 7.2K 54
I have an Idea for an Undertale AU. And apparently, it's a good idea? So here, have a book. --- Long ago, two races ruled the earth. But when a plagu...