Married To My Best Friend

By love_is_vanilla

Highest ranking : #1 in spiritual on 24.2.2018, 24.4.2018 & 4. 5.2018 #2 in spiritual on 14.10.2017 & 11.11... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
EID EID EID!!!
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
NOTE
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
NEW STORY
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 14

13.8K 1K 146
By love_is_vanilla

Date:31 july, 2017

The day had finally arrived. Today was the Nikah. Haya glanced at the dress laid before her on bed. It was a beautiful peach coloured gown with heavy embroidery. It was amazing. Any girl would drool over such wedding dress. The only problem was Haya wasn't accustomed to heavy dresses. If it was possible, she would just sit in her loose cotton shalwar kameez or pyjamas. Compromising with her comfort level wasn't her thing but so wasn't dying at the very young age and that too by her Mother's hands.

"Come in" Haya shouted as there was the knock on her door.

The door opened, revealing her cousin from her Mother's side, Samreen, who was one year younger than Haya.

Against Haya's wish, Shahana had invited each and every relative. The house was fully packed and Haya knew better than stepping out of her room. She sometimes felt anti social but she preferred herself that way only.

"Are you still staring at dress?" Samreen asked

"There is still time to get ready" Haya shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"No there isn't. Your Nikah is in three hours" Samreen said

"So what? It will hardly take me an hour to get ready" Haya replied and opening one of the drawers of her study desk, she grabbed snickers from it.

She laid down on the bed and started eating it.

"Fine. Let me just tell Shahana khala about your plans of not getting ready yet" Samreen said and turned to leave

Haya jerked up from her bed " No! Sam Stop!" She yelled, making Samreen smirk as she turned back at Haya with Smirk still etched on her face

How much Haya wished to punch that smirk off her face.

"You little filthy piece of blackmailer" Haya stood up, frowning

"Aww. Is our bride scared of her mother?" Samreen joked

"No. I am scared of her over dramatic mode which will be active once she finds out that i am not budging to get ready" Haya scowled.

Samreen laughed at Haya's poor self, deepening Haya's frown which had been on her face since what seemed like eternity now.

"Then lets get started. I am so excited to do your make up!" Samreen exclaimed

Haya rolled her eyes but nevertheless, agreed.

Samreen was the only cousin with whom Haya was bit comfortable. She didn't get along with her other cousins, not that she didn't fit in. Its just she never tried to. She was happy and comfortable with small number of people around her. And she was glad that Samreen could do everything from hair to make up. She didn't wanted anyone else in her room.

After two and a half hours, Haya was ready. She wondered what took so long but when she looked at her reflection in the mirror, her jaw dropped down. She couldn't recognize herself. She was astonished at what the touch of make up could do. She had never looked so pretty. Not that she wasn't. She was and she knew she was ok looking. She had never been insecure about her looks but looking at herself today, she realised how much of her beauty was hidden till now.

"Whoa! Did you stole wand from Olivander's shop and applied magic on me?" Haya exclaimed as she stared wide eyed at her reflection

"What? Why?" Samreen chuckled

"Because there is no way magic isn't involved. Just look at me girl. I look...different" Haya remarked

"It was easy for you to look pretty. You already have a pretty face and i didn't have to do much" Samreen shrugged her shoulders.

There was a knock on the door and Samreen stood up to open it.

Haya smiled slightly as Shahana walked in. A gasp escaped Shahana's lips as her eyes landed on her daughter.

"Mashallah" She breathed out.

Haya smiled shyly as her mother ascended towards her and engulfed her in a warm hug.

"You look so beautiful. Wallahi Amaan won't be able to keep his eyes off you" Shahana commented, making Haya's cheeks turn Scarlett

"Its my magic Khala" Samreen spoke, complementing herself

"Its not your magic. Its my daughter who is pretty" Shahana replied

Samreen pouted and then spoke "I also deserve a bit of credit"

"Ofcourse you do sweetheart. I can see upcoming make up artist in you" Shahana complimented, making Samreen smile brightly.

"Thank you" She gushed

"They would be here any minute now. You ready?" Shahna asked

Haya gulped down the lump that formed in her throat and nodded a 'Yes'. But the truth was, she wasn't. She was terrified. She had always loved the concept of marriage. For her, no relationship was as pure and beautiful as that of husband and wife. She had dreamed a lot about her wedding. Haya always dreamed about the mystery man she would get married to. Little did she knew, that mystery man wasn't mystery at all. That man was in front of her all the time in disguise of a friend. That Man was Amaan

Amaan

Thinking about him made shivers run down her spine. She was getting married to Amaan. She had never imagined this and she still felt like she was in some hallucination and someone will drop a bucket of water on her or smack her head hard and she would be pulled back to reality.

Amaan wasn't a bad guy. She knew it but she was also aware of the fact that they both don't love each other. Atleast not the way husband and wife should. But now, it was too late. Doubting her decission just few minutes before Nikah wasn't something a normal person would do. So she kept reassuring herself.

 She had prayed Istikhara.

Nothing bad would happen.

This was the right decission.

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

Amaan brushed his hand through his hair one last time before slouching down on couch. His eyes fell on Nameer who had a smirk plastered on his face.

"What?" Amaan asked

"I have never seen a guy so nervous"

"Well its nothing. I am sure at your time, you will end up peeing in your pants" Amaan replied with a smirk.

Between Nameer and Amaan, Nameer had always been the quiet and shy one. Not that much shy but as compared to Amaan, Nameer topped the list of introverts.

"That is mean. You know that?" Nameer groaned only making Amaan laugh.

"I am mean" Amaan replied

Nameer's phone rang and he received it

"Yes Nashwan" he said as he put the phone on his ear.

Amaan could feel the anger building inside him. A day after dinner, Nameer had called Amaan to meet him. Amaan couldn't help but scowl as he recalled the conversation.

Flashback: 5 days ago:

Amaan sat in a cozy restaurant near his home, opposite Nameer. Nameer wanted to talk to him, about something very important and Amaan prayed it wasn't something terrible.

"I am Sorry Amaan" Nameer apologized for the upteenth time

"You say those words one more time and i swear i will pull off your food pipe." Amaan stated

Nameer chuckled and then moved his cup of coffee near his lips, taking a sip.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about?" Amaan asked

Nameer shifted uncomfortably in his seat before he spoke "Its about Nashwan" he said

Amaan clenched his fists tightly, trying to control his anger. There was no point in showing his fury especially when Nameer had already apologized hundreds of times on behalf of his brother. He nodded curtly, indicating Nameer to continue.

"Yesterday, i confronted him about his unacceptable behaviour."

"And?" Amaan raised his eyebrow

"And he is into Haya. And i am afraid he will take some inappropriate step because he has gone crazy and blames you for coming in between him and Haya." Nameer said

"Is he out of his mind? How come i am between him and Haya? Haya doesn't even like him" Amaan frowned

"I know. You know there is a line within which you can go to any extent to win your love. But when one crosses that line, that love is named as obsession. I won't say that Nashwan has crossed that line  but he seems to be losing his patience. And he clearly told me that he will do anything to stop this marriage" Nameer said, making Amaan's insides burn.

How much he wished to wrap his hand around his neck and strangle him to death.

But he knew things work with patience, not with rage.

"So what should i do?" He asked

"Keep Haya and yourself away from him. Just get married quickly without letting him know" Nameer advised

"Did i forgot to tell you? Oh yes! I did. My bad" Amaan stated

"What?"

"I am getting nikahfied this Friday"

"Thats great. Congrats" Nameer exclaimed

"And you and Naira are invited"

"I will come but Naira can't come"

"Why?"

"First, She is going back to saudi tomorrow. Second, even if she would be here, its better not to invite her. I don't want Nashwan to doubt. He won't ask me anything but will question Naira's absence from home"

"Ok. As you say. And one more thing, don't tell Haya about this. She will freak out for no reason. Plus, she quickly turns into her boxer mode. I don't want her to punch him" Amaan said and both friends laughed, knowing Haya's ability to punch out the crap from anyone.

"As you say boss"

"Amaan? Nameer snapped his fingers in front of Amaan, breaking his trance of thoughts.

"What?"

"I didn't took you to be day dreamer kind of guy" Nameer teased

"I wasn't day dreaming. What was Nashwan saying?" Amaan asked

"He wanted to know where i am"

"And?"

"I told him i am with my friends" Nameer shrugged.

"Bhai. Its time to go" Amreen's excited shrill echoed through the room as she walked in.

Amaan was supposed to go to mosque for nikah and after that he would be going to Haya's place to meet her.

And this thought made him nervous. He was going to meet her as a husband, not as friend. What was he going to do? What was he going to say? He wished they would be able to talk casually like they used to but he highly doubted that. If he was this much nervous about this change in their relationship, he wondered what Haya would be going through.

"Hey" Amreen nudged him on shoulder, making him look at her.

"Its gonna be alright" she assured

"How do you know?"

"Because she is your boxer and  you are her Amaani and nothing can ever be not alright  when you two are together."

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

The Imam(priest) walked in Haya's room with Haya's two maternal uncles and one paternal Uncle for taking her consent. Almost everyone was there. Her Mother, her cousins  and aunts which included her not so happy Pupho. Apparantly, she wanted Safeer to marry Haya and Haya had never been more happy to marry Amaan than she was at the time when she got to know her pupho was planning to hitch her with her son.

"Do you, Haya kareem, daughter of Kareem Sidiqui, accept Syed Amaan Ibrahim, son of Syed Ibrahim as your husband in presence of the two witnesses and for the appointed Mahr?" The priest asked and waited for Haya to answer

This was it. After this, there was no turning back...no floating away.

She glanced at her mother who passed her a smile...smile which held assurance.

Taking a deep audible sigh, she answered three times, marking her future with Amaan.

"I do"

"I do"

"I do"

Chorus of alhamdililah's and Mubaraks rotated through the room as Shahana walked to Haya and wrapped her arms around her. Haya did the same and the Mother-daughter shared their own emotional moment.

"I am so happy and so proud of you" Shahana whispered in her ear and she broke the hug and kissed Haya on her forehead.

Haya could feel tears blurring her vision. God! She didn't wanted this to happen. She had never cried in front of everyone but today her tears didn't listen to her as they found their way down her cheeks.

"I miss Dad" Haya choked out

"He is here only. With you. In your heart." Shahana replied

"I love you Mom" She whispered, only for Shahana to hear

"I love you too Sweetheart" Shahana whispered back

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

Amaan walked in the mosque with Ibrahim and few other men from his family. Amreen, Sabreena and other women had already gone to Haya's place to meet her. Haya had given her consent and now it was his turn. He took his seat as Imaam walked  and sat in front of him.

Ibrahim's  brother and Sabreena's brother were going to be witnesses.

"Do you, Syed Amaan Ibrahim, son of Syed Ibrahim accept Haya kareem, daughter of Kareem sidiqui as your wife in presence of two witnesses and for appointed Mahr? The priest asked

Aman spoke giving birth to new relationship with Haya, an eternal relationship, relationship on which blessings are showered by Allah (SWT), relationship as pure as Zam Zam

I do

I do

I do

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

*sprinkles floo powder and disappears*

From the very start of this story, i wanted to write this chapter and here it is.

I am mentally dancing. I can't dance literally. My Mom will kill me. Plus i am too tired to dance 😋

Now i know from many days, the chapters were boring but this one deserves lots and lots and lots of votes and comments.

So colour the star and fill this chapter with comments lile good people.

In my own la la land

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 13.6K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐...
600K 32.1K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
824K 35.9K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
405K 20.1K 37
#11 in Islam under spiritual (5/1/17) #14 in spiritual (8/2/2016) •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• *EDITING- P...