Agent Gomez ā˜… Steve Rogers...

By -fieldoflilies

{Set In Captain America: The First Avenger} š˜šš˜®š˜¢š˜­š˜­ š˜øš˜¢š˜³š˜Æš˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø: š˜ š˜øš˜³š˜°š˜µš˜¦ š˜µš˜©š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜Ŗš˜Æ 2013 š˜“š˜°... More

Agent Gomez
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Book Two

Fourteen

50.9K 1.2K 591
By -fieldoflilies

A.N Just want to thank you guys so much for giving me nice comments and voting for this story. You guys are making me want to update more often. Cheeky buggers.

-Emma x

-------------------------

I've been back at the office for about a week now and I feel more willing to do stuff. Phillips had asked me to go back and train some soldiers for the war. Normally I would say no but I found myself saying yes. Peggy didn't come as she thought I was good enough to handle it by myself. So far I was doing okay. But I kept seeing the guy that I bumped into a couple of days ago back at the office. You know, the black dude with the black coat? Yep, him. He never says hi, or waves, or do anything to interact with me. He just stands there and stares at me, and as soon as I look away and back again, he's gone. It's weird and creepy and I ask Phillips about him but he just says he's inspecting for some reason. I try and shake him off but he just comes back to put him back in my mind. It's really creepy.

"You know it's weird seeing you back here without me having to guide you" I turned to see Peggy with her arms folded walking towards me. I smiled and walked towards her hugging her. We haven't seen each other for a few days as I've been busy and so has she.

"I know. It's weird not having you around everyday to guide me. And shout at me" I joked and she laughed.

"Oh you don't need me anymore. You're too good for me now" She smiled as we looked upon my soldiers I had been training. They were doing star jumps making my mind go back to when I saw Steve doing star jumps and he jumped over a grenade even if it was fake.

"You're thinking about him again. I can tell"

"How do you do that?" I asked and she laughed. "Every time"

"Your face when you think about him is always the same. Look like your in the clouds but have a slight smile thinking about him. Plus it happend's every time you're near something that reminds you of him." I smiled at her before I looked back to my soldiers looking tired. I felt they had done enough for now so I blew a whistle.

"Times up lads. You done good" I nodded to them before Phillips walked behind up behind us.

"Agent Gomez, Agent Carter"

"Colonel Phillips" We saluted and he nodded making us put our hands down.

"I need to talk to you two." Me and Peggy looked at each other before I assigned a soldier to look out for my group whilst me and Peggy followed Phillips. We had no idea what he wanted since I hadn't seen him for a good 4 days. "As you know we tried to make a better soldier out of Rogers. Luckily it worked." He started as he lead us to a car.

"Um not to seem rude or anything but where exactly is this whole thing going?" I asked as me and Peggy stood on one side of the car and Phillips stood on the other. Why was he bringing up Steve now?

"All will be explained Gomez. Be patient. Now get in the car, I need to show you something and it's not very close to us right now." Phillips said before he got in the car. I looked to Peggy to see if she knew anything but she shrugged her shoulders and got inside the car. I groaned and got in with her.

"So where do you think we're going?" I asked Peggy as we've now been in the car for around 20 minutes.

"I know no more than you do." I leaned my arm on the window and sighed.

"Do you think he's gunna fire us?" I asked her. I could see Phillips trying to ignore us up front but he couldn't really.

"If he was why did he mention Steve before?" She looked to me and I pondered why he did mention Steve? It's been a few weeks since that whole thing happened and not once has he mention Steve to me. It's weird but understandable.

The car then stopped making me and Peggy observe our surroundings. We were outside a facility of some sort.

"Time to get out ladies" I looked to Peggy and she looked at me before we both got out of the car. The building in front of us was quite big but looked deserted with it's windows boarded up. "You can stare at it later ladies." Phillips smiled before walking into the building. Me and Peggy followed after.

As per usual there were soldiers everywhere. The place was well guarded and inside looked completely different to the outside. The outside looked worn out whilst the inside looked cleaner and more organized.

We entered a room of desks and people. All eyes were on me and Peggy for some reason. I saw one or two whispering to each other about us. But I had no idea why we were here or why people were so interested in us.

We then rounded a corner to a book case. Me and Peggy became even more confused before a soldier came and pushed the book case out of the way revealing a elevator. I gave a questioning look before Phillips walked foreword and typed in a pass-code to open the doors so he could enter.

"Follow me ladies" Peggy walked ahead of me as I was really confused as to why we were here. I didn't even know what here was.

"Agent Gomez? You coming?" Phillips asked. I sent him a smile before walking into the elevator with him. The doors then closed and we started descending somewhere. "Just to let you know girls this place is top secret. So don't be gossiping to your girlfriends about this place and what we are about to do"

"What are we about to do?" I asked. Phillips sent me a glance before the elevator stopped and the doors opened. Phillips walked out wiht me and Peggy following behind. We stopped at a handrail and looked down. I froze and so did Peggy. You remember what the transformation place looked like with Steve? Yeah, well it looked exactly like that. But just without the booth and Dr Erskine. I still missed him after all this time.

"Look familiar?" Phillips asked before he descended down the stairs. I was still in shock as to why Phillips kept all this stuff.

"What is going on, Peggy?" I whispered to her as I watched nurses and scientist's work.

"I have no idea." Peggy whispered back before I saw Howard walking in. I sighed heavily and stormed down the stairs to talk to him. If Peggy didn't know then surely Howard knew something.

"Hey Howard" I greeted folding my arms against my chest making him turn round me.

"Oh hey Gomez, you made it" He patted my arm before writing something on a pad.

"Don't you hey me." I said taking his pen away from him so he would have to listen to me. "What the hell is going on?"

"Okay 1) that will be explained in about 10 seconds and 2) I really need that pen back it was very expensive." I rolled my eyes at Howard giving his 'expensive' pen back.

"Agent Gomez" A gruff voice said. I stopped as I recognized that voice. I turned and saw the guy that I've been seeing everywhere. Okay this must be a joke. "How nice of you to join us here" The guy walked towards me as Peggy came and stood next to me.

"What exactly is 'here'?" I asked and the guy sighed.

"My name is Andrew Fury, and I am here to give you two a mission. Not a big one, but it is important." Me and Peggy looked at each other before looking back to Andrew.

"What sort of mission?" Peggy asked.

"Well it's not really a mission as such." Howard interrupted walking next to me. "We just need you to do something for us" I was still confused so I looked to Andrew for help.

"I need you and Ms Carter here to find a suitable Agent to become the next super soldier" What did he just say?

"Hang on. A super soldier?" Peggy asked and I looked to Howard for answers. he sighed.

"After Erskine died we went through his stuff to see if there was anything there to help understand Steve more. Well when we looked we stumbled upon some hidden phials of Super Serum. No one but Erskine knew they were there. So we took them and made sure they were okay to use. They luckily were. So we got all the equipment we could and made all this" He motioned to everything around us. How come they never told us they found extra serum?

"What Mr Stark is trying to say is we need you two to go find a suitable Agent to take the serum. Hopefully we can recreate what Erksine did before" Andrew said. It was clear now. They just wanted us to find a suitable agent for the serum. But that made me think of what Erskine said that night before the transformation. He said a good man becomes greater. That's why he picked Steve for it and no one else. He knew Steve had the biggest heart and wouldn't change personality wise, and he didn't. If it did anything it made him braver and more willing.

"So you want us to find someone suitable for that thing?"Peggy asked pointing to the pod like what Steve was transformed in.

"Correct" Andrew said looking at me but I just looked to the floor. This is could go really great or really wrong, and I did't want just any agent to go through this if it would go really wrong.

"How long do you need?" Peggy asked.

"As long as you need. If you can't find anyone, we'll make sure the serum goes to good use" I started thinking long and hard about who could be capable and be willing to go through this. Then it hit me. It was staring me right in the face.

"I'll do it" I said looking to Andrew and he crossed his arms.

"Do what?" Howard asked as he was still next to me.

"That" I pointed to the pod making Peggy and Howard widen there eyes. I saw Andrew and he gave a small smile. Maybe he wanted me to do this after watching me for a few days, Maybe he just knew I was right for this so ask both me and Peggy here to give me a chance to realise what I could be capable of.

"Ashley can I talk to you for a second?" Howard whispered in my ear. I looked to him and nodded leading us to a corner of the room.

"You wanted me?" I asked once we got in the corner.

"Yeah. What the hell are you thinking? Wanting to take the serum?"

"Yeah I wanna take the serum. You got a problem with that?" I crossed my arms getting slightly angry at him.

"Yes actually. Do you even know what you're doing?"

"Yes I do. I've seen it been done before I know exactly what it entails."

"And what if it goes wrong? What then?" I sighed and looked to Peggy who was now talking to Andrew.

"Then I'll take whatever happens to me. If I die then it's probably for the best"

"Ashley you don't mean that" Howard tried to reassure me but the truth is I did mean it. I have lost so many things because of this god damn war. All I have left is Howard and Peggy and even with me gone they still have each other.

"I mean it Howard. I've lost so much. I have nothing to lose. Plus I'd rather have me die in there than some random agent that has their whole life ahead of them"

"But you have your whole life ahead of you." He reassured again placing his hands on my shoulders.

"But they have more to look foreword to. I don't even know what I'm gunna do after all this" I said meaning the army place. I have no idea what to do after the war is over. I'll just end up alone in my house again.

"Well you can come live me with me and help with projects"

"That's a nice offer Howard but I got other ideas"I nodded to the pod and he sighed.

"You sure you wanna do this?"

"Totally." I smiled weakly at Howard before he engulfed me in a hug.

"Be careful Gomez" He whispered into my ear before we broke apart.

"Aren't I always" I winked at him making him laugh before I walked back to Andrew.

"So, you still wanna do this?" Andrew asked. I looked to Howard and he smiled knowing I wanted to do this and nothing was gunna stop me.

"Yep" I answered making Peggy snap her head to Howard.

"You're letting her do this?" Peggy asked and Howard nodded.

"She wants to do it Peg, we all know once Ashley get's something in her head she will stop at nothing to do it. Come on Peg we both know she's the only one who is capable of this." I smiled at Howard sticking up for me and looked to Andrew who looked quite pleased.

"But what if something goes wrong?" She asked.

"If something goes wrong I'll face the consequences. No matter how hard they will be."

"Ashley you can't be-"

"Oh I'm very serious." I cut Peggy off by turning round to face her. "Come on Peggy. There's got be something there, something that we share that will let you let me do this." Peggy crossed her arms and looked to Howard. He nodded. She then looked to Phillips. He nodded. She then looked to Andrew he nodded once.

"She's capable of more than you know Ms Carter" She then sighed and pulled me into a hug. Guessing she's letting me do this. Once we pulled apart she looked to Howard and pointed at him.

"You better make sure this goes right or my foot will be going where it shouldn't be" I laughed and Howard nodded.

"Yes Ma'am."

"When will this whole thing be happening?" I asked Andrew.

"Two days. Stark will be giving you a briefing on what will be happening and how you should be ready after this talk. Then tomorrow well be taking blood samples and making sure you can take the radiation and all that." Andrew explained.

"You're talking as if it was planned for Ashley to be the one to take it" Peggy pointed out.

"That's cause it was." I said not taking my eyes off Andrew.

"I've been monitoring Gomez for a while and I can safely say she is the best and only person to do this. If everything goes right, I would like her to help me start an organization." An Organization? No one said anything about this.

"What sort of organization?" I asked.

"Hopefully an intelligence agency. I was hoping you would like to help me set it up, Gomez." I looked to the ground and thought for a few seconds.

"I'll help."

"Great. Stark, give her the briefing." Andrew then turned around to talk to a nurse as Howard walked up next to me.

"If you'll follow me" He said as he was handed a clipboard and lead me to the pod. Peggy stayed around just to make sure everything sounded right. "As you know this is where the radiation and serum come together." He said standing next to the pod. "Just like Rogers you will be laid down, strapped in and then moved so your upright. We'll put the serum in before you get moved upright so the serum has chance to move around your blood stream and take effect." I nodded understanding. "Now if anything feels like it's not right or it hurts, please tell us so we can stop it right away. Your safety is important." I nodded again.

"You do realize I know what is gunna happen cause of Steve?" I asked Howard and he smiled.

"Of course I do. It's just big head over there just wanted me to make sure that you totally knew what was going on." He nodded to Andrew making me laugh. "Don't tell him I said that"

"Wasn't going to" I smiled at Howard and he smiled back.

"Good. Now tomorrow will just be blood samples and running tests and crap like that. It won't be hard it's just so we know how much serum and radiation to use. Cause if we use too much of one or both, you could potentially die."

"Doesn't sound so bad"

"That's cause it's not. Well for you maybe."

"Considering this is happening in two days where exactly will I be staying?" I asked Howard and he turned round.

"There is a room upstairs that you will be staying in. It has a bed, a shower and all the things you need for two nights. It's here so it will be easier for us to get to you if you're needed." I nodded and walked over to some controls. I looked round the room and took it all in. In two days I will be the worlds second super soldier. The first woman one at that.

"Just out of interest where did exactly did you find these extra bile's?" I asked.

"They were uh, hidden underneath some floorboards. The guy did a good job of hiding them."

"What is it with you and finding important stuff while your clearing out something?" I joked and Howard smiled.

"I dunno. Just lucky I guess"

"Agent Gomez?" Andrew shouted making me turn to him. "You may want to get some rest. You have a busy day tomorrow. We need you fully rested. Stark, go get her some food."

"Yes sir" Howard nodded before leading me to my bedroom upstairs. It was a relatively big room with a bed, drawers, mirror and some clothes. Howard left and then came back with a plate of food. "Bon Appetit." He joked as he set the plate on my bed. I sat down and ate. Howard shortly after sat across from me.

"You still sure you wanna do this?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Alright." He said holding up his hands in defense. "You don't have to tell me twice." I smiled at him and took another bite of my burger. Yes Howard gave me a burger. I was hungry so why not? "I'm interested. Why exactly are you doing this? Now I'm not gunna tell you not to do this cause I already know you want to, but what is making you do this?"

"When Steve was putting the plane in the water. He told me to move on and make him and Bucky proud. So that's what I'm doing. Making them proud."

"There's other ways to make them proud, Ashley"

"Well I know that. But this is the closest opportunity I've got. And I'm gunna take it, cause sitting at a desk isn't gunna make them proud."

"You know Peggy worries about you?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked and Howard smiled.

"Kinda. You know apart from you she has no one else."

"What about you?" I asked eating a fry.

"Nah she doesn't need me. She needs you. So please don't die."

"Can't promise anything" I said. I then noticed some clothes at the end of my bed. "Are those mine?"

"Yeah. We uh, got you some clothes to wear when you get injected inside the pod."

"Looks like they're my size. Andrew really trusted me to come foreword and do this" Howard nodded.

"After observing you and finding stuff about you he kinda figured you would jump at this opportunity. I kinda did but I thought maybe you didn't wanna go there after what happened with Steve." My heart stops every time I hear his name. It just sorta happens.

"It was his choice to put the plane in the water. It was either that or thousands of people were gunna die. I hope I don't get that option cause if so I will be going the same way as Steve." I smiled to Howard and looked at the clock. 8pm. Urgh today's been long.

"Promise me something would ya?" Oh no not another thing to promise to. I've done enough of that already. "Promise me when you come out of that thing in two days, you will still be the same old Ashley."

"I promise" Howard then smiled and me and I offered him a fry. He took it and we just sat there for about an hour talking about stuff. Tomorrow was gunna be hard but the day after that would be the hardest of all. I know my life won't be the same after that day so I better make these days before it worth while.

--------------------------------

A.N Now I know I said this chapter would be the transformation chapter but I decided to split it into two to make it easier. So how did you like it? I had the middle idea of this chapter for a while I just needed to make up how to start and end it. Hopefully it made sense and was good enough for you.

Depending on if you guys still vote and comment on this these chapters may be updated more frequently. But I will tell you now after this book is done I'm gunna wait a while before I start the second book. Ideas take time to generate.

Anyway, please comment and vote and you guys are being incredible with the amount of votes and comments I'm getting on this. You guys are awesome.

-Emma x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
327K 6.1K 28
Alice Scott - an Agent of SHIELD is close friends with the 'Avengers'. Her life is just like an ordinary Agent's - missions and trainings. But one da...
361K 5.5K 64
This book is a continuation of the previous one.. literally starting right where the other one left off!! Self-insert šŸ„° You are a former Black Widow...
9.3K 477 75
!!ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS VESSEL!! 1943. The year of Captain America and the Howling Commandos but, what if there was more behind the story of the man in...